[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym or Home gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 6.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
Gym or Home gym?
>>
i go to a 24hr that was just built in the last like 3 years. it has a pool and nice new stuff

might have space for a home gym cause im moving but i kinda prefer the regular gym right now
>>
If I had space is get a home gym.

I'd love to get one of those Olympic wooden platforms.
>>
>>36759840
if you have something to show off a gym is nice, i prefer my gym because it has a certain aesthetic feel to it. none of the equipment is new, it's mostly old, worn, rugged & fadded old equipment. they use literal metal plates, none of that plastic pussy looking shit. a thick piece of metal with no holes or anything, perfect circles too with some dints and scratches.
>>
>>36762728
is the aesthetic "feel" supposed to represent dog shit
>>
I'd prefer to have a home gym.
>>
>>36762736
good one. it's a mix of a golden era & nostalgic/aesthetic feeling.
>>
>>36762728
If there's no holes in your plates how do you slide them onto your bar?
>>
>>36759840
Building my home gym now. Just ordered horse stall mats for the floor. Have my bar and weights.

Gotta find a decent rack for around $400 now
>>
File: homegym.png (4MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
homegym.png
4MB, 2080x1170px
home gym mustard race
>>
>>36759840
My wife and I both want to invest in a good home gym once our child gets to around school age. I would like one right now, but priorities, so I am with the local gym currently. To me, a place to workout is a place to workout. We prefer the home gym idea specifically for the fact that we can plan thoroughly and manage our time easier.
>>
I used to train in my home gym for years, then I had to move out and sign to a public gym, so far I'm pretty hapy with it, it's somehow easier to motivate myself to go there, it feels good when you catch people mirin your lifts, you can meet some qts, get to know some regulars etc, I honestly find it quite cool.
>>
Only autists use home gym. Get out of the house a bit sheesh.
>>
I am a social recluse. I order all my food from the supermarket delivered to my door. I don't have a drivers license. I have switched from attending my university campus to online attendance only (my uni records all lectures online and allow all assessments to handed in online, group assessments are all done online anyway)

I have a pretty decked out how gym, power rack, horse stall mats, power tower, lots of dif accessory equipment.

With that all said, if you're like me, a home gym is perfect.

I lifted at a local gym for 3 years, but I got sick of walking back and forth all the time.
>>
Home gyms are pretty dope but after a while you kind of lose motivation. I think it's way more motivating to go to an actual gym and feed off the energy around me.

I used to have a home gym but being responsible for equipment when you're young and moving around meant I had to give it up. Ill probably buy a few pieces of unconventional equipment and go to the gym for the rest.
>>
>>36763413
Eh...your situation isn't ideal for a home gym. Your situation doesn't mean that having a home gym is bad, just because you move around a lot and don't have a secure place to live, that's on you. That doesn't make having a home gym any less fucking awesome. Also the whole motivation thing is stupid, I don't need motivation to lift. I've been lifting for 6 years now and the last time I lifted because of "motivation to lift" was maybe in my first few months of lifting, ever since then it's just habit.

I lifted 4 years several different gyms and now for the last 2 years I've been lifting at home in my own gym. The convenience of a home gym is just too good to pass up, if you have a secure living arrangement - home-gym > all. If you don't have a secure living arrangement then yeah sure, by all means I'd not recommend being a home gym-er.

But not having secure living arrangements is also bad for your gym membership. You need to line up your gym membership with your rental contract, so you don't end up being forced to move and end up living far away from your current gym where you have a membership at.
>>
>>36763368
Get out of your shell pussy. Go outside and talk to people. Maybe you'll get comfortable enough to even talk to a girl. Maybe you'll even get laid.
>>
>>36763628
lol

im nearly 30, and im a manlet, there are literally 14 year old boys that are taller than me.

its over for me m8.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.