[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it considered dumb to lift for women ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: qPmq2iR.jpg (228KB, 763x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qPmq2iR.jpg
228KB, 763x1024px
A lot of people here say that you shouldn't start lifting for women.

What if you seriously have no better reason to start lifting (building muscle) ?
>>
Nobody outside of shit posters on a taiwanese goose cooking board actually cares about why you lift heavy objects and put them down.
>>
>>36737890
confirmed for not gonna make it
>>
>>36737890

Because once you get a woman you'll become complacent, and you'll probably be disappointed by the woman you find. Lift for yourself and always seek to improve who you are.
>>
>>36737890
Lifting for something/someone else other than yourself is problematic.

Little do the shit/fit/s know, lifting for women is also lifting for oneself.

Just be aware of the distinction.
>>
it's either because it's seen as unmasculine to prettify yourself or it's the idea that no-one should ever try to impress anyone else - what you do should be done "for you".
>>
You should use anything or anyone as a motivation to change your life for the better. Your reasons for lifting doesn't matter as long as you do it.
>>
File: guru-nanak-dev-06.jpg (147KB, 688x945px) Image search: [Google]
guru-nanak-dev-06.jpg
147KB, 688x945px
>>36737890
There is nothing wrong with lifting for women, there is something wrong with for a woman.
>>
>>36737890
because lifting for women is a vapid excuse for a purpose with no clear goal

"lifting for women" how do you define that as a metric of success? Just having a coworker at your job impressed by "how big your arms are getting anon"? getting a gf? What happens when you get a gf? do you stop lifting cause you think you've ""made it"?

lifting for any purpose other than yourself and a desire to can also cause resentment and anger when it doesn't work the way you think it should. You will blame others. If your reason for lifting is weak then you will be weak
>>
>>36737890
>Is it considered dumb to make yourself look strong, healthy and attractive in the eyes of the opposite sex

Yes, OP. It is. Go renew your WoW sub and buy some Mountain Dew and Doritos. Girls are yucky.
>>
>>36737890
It can be an okay spark. If it gets you in the gym no problem. As long as its not oneitis I think its sorta okay.

But, as you get stronger and continue working out know this, you will not continue and you will not make it if you cannot change your motivation for going into a personal one.
>>
>>36737966
this

And when she inevitably cheats on you you're going to go down hard.
>>
>>36738036
D E E P
E
E
P
>>
>>36738124
It means lifting to get more attractive with women, derphead
Which never was a clear goal and no real metric except becoming zyzz brah
It is about as nebulous goal as "getting fit"
>>
>>36738241
>implying
Women dont care if you lift or have muscles very much. Thats why its dumb to lift for women
>>
>lifting for women

I lift for the son I'll have in two weeks
>>
>>36737890
Women are more interested in money than muscles

That's why it's only acceptable to lift for waifus
>>
File: yung kanye.jpg (92KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
yung kanye.jpg
92KB, 500x333px
>>36737890
A woman can you leave you. But gains are forever.
>>
>>36737890
>What if you seriously have no better reason to start lifting
Than why even bother? You're just gonna end up disappointed.
>>
>that moment when you realize that you were actually lifting for your gym bro
>>
Because getting in shape alone doesn't guarantee women will want to be with you, and attempting to do so without also working towards being better socially will not work.

And as other anons have said, gainz won't cause women you are with to stay, and when you have accomplished this goal, you're more likely to fall back into old patterns that fucked you up in the first place.

Third, having external sources of validation can fuck up your confidence and mental state terribly, so it's not ideal to work like that
>>
>>36737890
Because you won't get women if you lift. This might seem obvious, but you get women by interacting with women, not with pieces of iron in a place with mostly men. If your motivation to get fit is to impress women, sooner or later you'll realize getting women is actually really easy if you just interact with them, and therefore stop lifting.

That's why you lift for yourself (or some abstract idea like some long dead political figure, your race, your waifu, etc., whose existence is really just you), because that's how you make lifting a part of your character.
>>
Nobody cares why you lift so long are you are and doing so properly
>>
Because women only care about your strength to the point of where you can carry them around with ease, you don't really need to lift for women to do so, you do need to lift for THICK though.
>>
>>36740115
>That's why it's only acceptable to lift for waifus

Fucking this
>>
>>36737890

It's dumb to lift for *a* specific woman. Lifting for women is fine, as you're really just lifting for YOU, so that YOU can get more women. But implying that you need THAT particular woman to be happy is totally beta.
>>
>>36740865
>liking someone is now beta
>>
File: 1460259280959.jpg (45KB, 511x498px) Image search: [Google]
1460259280959.jpg
45KB, 511x498px
>>36738036
Thank you, based monk.
>>
>>36737890
There's a huge difference in attractiveness to the opposite sex when you go from complete skelly or fatty to reasonably fit. Going from reasonably fit to whatever /fit/ told you is better than dyel won't make much difference though.
>>
>>36741061
this desu. I had bitches on my dick that used to hate me when I was about 80lbs overweight when I initially lost it all. Now that I'm getting actually /fit/ nobody gives a fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (378KB, 1230x1230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378KB, 1230x1230px
>>
>>36737890
Everybody lifts for women. Except the gay guys who are just at the gym to leer over straight men who are lifting for women.
The reason
>lifting for women
is a meme, is because nothing dries up a pussy faster than a man admitting he is trying to attract female attention, so we have to pretend we don't give a shit about them.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.