[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you wish you knew?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: wojakfeelinmeaty.jpg (11KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
wojakfeelinmeaty.jpg
11KB, 225x249px
Sounds like a normie thread but Im looking into some protips to get me started on my workout endeavor to get in shape before college.
I have little to no experience in the /fit/ world so use terminology that a retard could understand.
>>
Diet is far more important than lifting will ever be. Know that lifting is important but diet is more important. Looking good is 20% working out and 80% diet. You won't get stronger if you aren't consistently eating enough and getting enough protein EVERY DAY. Take it from someone who wasted three years before finally getting his diet in check.
>>
File: c23742-34.jpg (41KB, 750x496px) Image search: [Google]
c23742-34.jpg
41KB, 750x496px
It's (at least) 90% diet

Don't waste time with:
> machines and gadgets
> "ab work"
> assistance lifts for tiny muscles

I don't need as many rest days as I thought I did.

What you want to do is strength training, not bodybuilding.
>>
>>36727663
To not be afraid to fail.
>>
>>36727663

Never read the sticky
>>
>>36727663
>use terminology that a retard could understand.

I'll even spell it out for you
R E A D
T H E
S T I C K Y
>>
>>36727663
Make sure to EAT. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I wasted 2 years of my life making gains that should have been made in 5 months.
>>

You'll never make it

Give up
>>
>>36727663
i wish i knew the numbers of the lotto
>>
I wish I knew about somewhere cheap to get test
>>
>>36727663
>use terminology that a retard could understand.
READ THE STICKY
E
A
D

T
H
E

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>36727663
Op here.read the sticky last night. It talks about dieting and what not but it says little about routines and other little things like tips.
>>
>>36728014
Did you try clicking on the link? You know, the one that says
>THIS LINK COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:

>- Proven, effective exercise routines
>- Diet
>- How to lose weight
>- How to gain weight
>- Supplements

>CLICK AND READ THIS BEFORE STARTING A THREAD ABOUT THESE TOPICS

Did you read the page that link sent you to? You know, the one that says
>CONTENTS

>PART I: OPENING Q&A AND GENERAL MYTH-BUSTING
>PART II: MINDSET
>PART III: DIET
>PART IV: EXERCISE
>PART V: MEASURING PROGRESS
>PART VI: MORE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
>PART VII: THANKS

Did you go to part IV? You know, the part that says
>Lifting weights: example programs
and then lists a handful of good exercise routines?

Something tells me you didn't actually read the sticky.
>>
>>36728560
I swear on me mum m8
>>
File: Oh+you_668524_3533423[1].jpg (35KB, 780x314px) Image search: [Google]
Oh+you_668524_3533423[1].jpg
35KB, 780x314px
>>36728652
>>
>>36727663
You don't need to buy any supplements at all, even protons are basically useless and you'll just end up farting all day because of an excess of protein in your diet. Nothing will get you further in your quest to become fit than good whole food, plenty of sleep, and pushing yourself in the gym every time you go
>>
Freebookspot dot es has Starting Strength 3rd edition for free download
>>
>>36728888
is it any good or is it shit?
>>
>>36728895
I'm just a beginner myself but a lot of people here do SS. It seems pretty legit from what I've read in it.
>>
>>36728929
awesome thanks man
>>
>>36727663
NEVER fucking miss a gym day. If you start missing a day here and there then eventually you'll get into the mentality that "eh, one more missed day wouldn't hurt" and before ya know it, you've missed a week, then a month. You'll feel like shit too. Of course if you HAVE to miss a day and there's no getting around it then just bust out some push ups or something.
>>
>>36729168
This is good advice.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.