[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you ensure you keep your mental health healthy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 3263264835276.jpg (145KB, 868x881px) Image search: [Google]
3263264835276.jpg
145KB, 868x881px
How do you ensure you keep your mental health healthy?
>>
>>36715149
If you are on 4chan making this thread there is no hope for you
>>
>>36715149
Read, be around other humans, hike mountains
>>
File: 1460236138326.jpg (674KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1460236138326.jpg
674KB, 2448x3264px
don't let things get you down
>>
>>36715149

stay drunk
>>
I convince myself I'm normal by constantly repeating it.
Not that there is really a reason, as I'm mentally healthy.
>>
>>36716654
>>36716654
being around other humans makes me more depressed

feels good shutting myself off from the world never having to compete with anyone, no social pressures to conform to, noones opinions to give a shit about.

every time ive put myself "out there" i end up 100x more depressed, because everyone is just obsessed with 1-uping each other on who has the most money,best job, best looking girls, biggest house, fastest car, i aint about that life, seems everyone else is though.
>>
>>36715149
Have sex
>>
>>36715149
One thing that's important is just talking to people. You need someone who you can just open up to, even if it's just some therapist.

>>36716716
Sounds like you've just had bad luck with people. Friendship is one of the most rewarding experiences there is. You don't even have to hang out with 'em too much; once a month is good.
>>
File: batkan.png (205KB, 441x671px) Image search: [Google]
batkan.png
205KB, 441x671px
>>36715149

Therapistbrah here, aside from any kind of genetic or trauma conditions which may have an uncontrollable effect on your mental health, the key towards remaining mentally healthy is learning to let go.

From my own experiences and calling on cases I've worked with, the primary cause for anxiety and depression which can be prevented is a person's ability to truly let go of the past. Someone doesn't like you? Get over it. She left you? Get over it. That being said it's much easier said than done, but it's something to certainly strive towards.

On the issue of anxiety, accepting that anxiety is a natural part of the human condition is important. Anxiety really is nothing more than a response to a "fight or flight" trigger (yes, I said trigger). Understanding that anxiety is completely natural and a normal response to abnormal events will help in reducing the duration, frequency, and intensity of anxiety related thoughts.

Also remember we're all gonna fucking make it, all of us.
>>
>>36716747
>Sounds like you've just had bad luck with people. Friendship is one of the most rewarding experiences there is. You don't even have to hang out with 'em too much; once a month is good.

I must have bad luck then.

Anytime I've tried to socialize and meet new people, make friends etc. At the end of each experience it just reinforces my belief that I would rather spend my time alone.
>>
>>36716781
Story time anon, let it out.
Tell a story about someone letting you down, because everyone lets someone down now and again, even you and I, you just have to learn to forgive them.
>>
>>36716771
Hey anon, why is my withdrawal still so bad after a year and 29 days.
>>
>>36716882
its been so long since i tried i dont even remember why i stopped trying

i honestly couldn't even give you a 100% truthful answer because my memory has literally expired.
>>
>>36716884

Describe your withdrawal.
>>
>>36715149
>BIog posting
>FeeIs garbage
>Non fit posting

>Saged, repoted
>>
I keep myself occupied. Depression is a lot worse when you sit around and dwell on it.
>>
>>36716903
Sounds like me anon, I get resentful about things and forget about them, which probably means they weren't as bad as I thought they were but just excuses to play it safe.
Everyone acts shitty sometimes but most people have a pretty nice good/shit ratio going on anon.
Just make sure you are around people and try to not write people off for their mistakes, I'm bad with communicating with people but I force myself to tutor people at my uni.
Pays and I get to meet new people.
>>
>>36716930
The cravings are not as bad as in the first months, but I have to keep myself in line. Frequent daily thoughts of suicide, without actual plans. I sometimes have these moments where I feel immense guilt and a lot of anger towards myself. I start to feel sick and sweat. I want to hurt myself, which happens mostly just by scratching or I hold on to my hair. It's sometimes triggered by the things that remind me of, sometimes completely random. That's a couple of times a week. I felt better before quitting, sometimes it feels like I'm just torturing myself to make others feel better.
>>
File: 1460169930478.gif (19KB, 580x536px) Image search: [Google]
1460169930478.gif
19KB, 580x536px
>>36715149
Most days I try not to think about how dead I feel inside

Today isn't one of those days
>>
>>36717111

It's important you go see someone about what's going on; I don't want to do a simple diagnosis because that defeats the purpose of therapy.

Suicidal thoughts without plans sounds more like the feeling of not wanting to be alive more than the intent on self annihilation. Hurting yourself is in line with a feeling of punishment, most likely from shame of being addicted in the first place. Triggers can be both conscious and unconscious, so the idea that these things are "random" may not be accurate at all.

It sounds like you've come a long way bro, it also sounds like you want to get past this. You don't need an addiction to make life easier because you know it doesn't (since the feeling of self harm and punishment is there). It was a part of your life that you can't change now, look towards the future and understand that you can be in control again.

I still recommend you go sit with someone face to face bud, it will help.

Don't look back, you're not going that way.
>>
>>36716771
How can I stop hating myself and thinking about suicide every time I look in the mirror?
>>
>>36717188
The addiction might be over, the withdrawal fading, but the reason that I got addicted is something that is part of me and I can't get rid of. That reason is not part of the past and it will always be there. If it doesn't take the form of the addiction, it can go further and me ending up hurting someone. I know of other people like me, they killed themselves.
>>
>>36717245

It's not you that you hate, it's a part of you. Just as easily as you learned to hate something, you can learn to love something else.

>>36717297

What were you addicted to? Why did you feel the need to have that addiction be part of your life? You may think those other people are like you, but I highly doubt all of them have had the same experiences as you. Addiction doesn't unify a class of people buddy.
>>
I laugh a lot.
>>
>>36715149
Running or swimming keeps me sane.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 314x161px)
image.jpg
18KB, 314x161px
Log off facebook/instagram and never return

Internet makes people THINK relationships are supposed to be flawless, makes people THINK she deserves someone better, makes people feel important because 80 men she doesnt know like her pics

I sometimes go full berserk knowing a majority of the people I am living with are delusional of the above things I mentioned

Only thing that calms me down is heavy lifting and keeping myself occupied with real life chores
>>
>>36717368
I can't talk about what I was addicted to. I didn't feel the need for the addiction, it came to me from when I was growing up. It is natural for me to crave it. I don't have any mental illnesses, but something in my brain is wired differently than yours. My addiction is prominent for people like me. I'm sorry I have to be cryptic. You can have a similar addiction, but you can satisfy your cravings in another way.
>>
>>36717479

That's fine bud, exposing your addiction on a Himalayan Rock Salt forum might have been too much to ask. Seriously though, see someone. Sit down and talk freely about what's going on.

Take the step buddy, everything will be ok.
>>
File: mfw thinking of you hurting.gif (989KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mfw thinking of you hurting.gif
989KB, 500x500px
>>36717479
I've had dozens of conversations with people who were pedophiles on 4chan.
I'm not saying you are one but if you have a similar circumstance I really wouldn't say sexuality is the same as addiction.

I'm not accusing you of it of course, and I'm not the therapist guy, but if you're in a similar situation bruv I really hope the best for you.
You should see a therapist no matter what addiction you have, especially if you have so much guilt.
I can't imagine how terrifying it would be for the guys I talked to for them to admit to their therapists what they were going through after going through such a life of being hated.

Again, I'm not saying you sound like one or anything anon, and like >>36717528, you don't need to tell us about what you're going through, seek a professional m8.

Just thought I would bring it up because on the off chance you were similar to any of those people, I just want you to know I love you m8, please be strong and seek help.

>mfw

That's not even just toward you anon, everyone deserves help and shouldn't be afraid of therapy.
I was just reminded of those pedophile guys because it pisses me off how people treat them like lost causes and force them to kill themselves.
>>
>>36717528
I'm too scared to go see someone. I don't want anyone to know I have problems. I don't know how much it would cost. I'm afraid I would just be put on medication. I am scared of the reaction of someone hearing about it. I fear I'm not physically tell someone without breaking down and fleeing. These fears hold me back. I thought about sending my doctor an email with questions, but I never feel like doing it. It's night now too.
>>
>>36717663
That sounds more accusatory than I thought.
You're situation of not wanting to tell others just reminded me of those friendly dudes and their struggle, which bothers me since they deserve help to.
>>
>>36717663
I think you can be a bit more creative with what kinds of addiction.
>>
i make sure to surround myself with woman and get laid occasionally

makes me feel like. you know. im not a shitposted on 4chan
>>
>>36717843
I'm not trying to be clever or play a guessing game anon.
I just wanted you to know that no matter what addiction you have you deserve to get help anon.
>>
>>36717672

Listen, being a therapist myself I can tell you that we are pretty judgement free. Depending on your insurance it can be pretty inexpensive too. If you're really afraid of talking about what you've done, instead talk about what you're thinking of doing and work from there. Most therapists won't just throw to a psychiatrist for meds; we're more interested in helping you work through the biggest barriers you have.

If you want to talk about it tonight, I would suggest you call a crisis line and speak anonymously about what you're feeling.
>>
Distracting yourself.

That's it. Just distract yourself as best you can with whatever and eventually you'll die and your children will die and the universe will die.
>>
>>36717452

This is fucking wisdom.
>>
>>36716668

At least it landed on the mat.

>be a glass half-full kinda guy OP
>>
>>36717188
That last sentence really hit home. Damn
>>
Convincing myself that being alone is for the best while missing talking to my friends and not trying to get laid.
>>
>>36716747
>friendship

Except when friends become assholes, two friends stole my ideas and started their own business without me, now they are getting a lot of money, they were my "best friends", i dont trust anyone anynore
>>
>>36716716
>i aint about that life
Dumbass
>>
>>36715149
I have some issues with anxiety, and keeping a schedule helps me more than anything other than my meds.

I don't really need therapy, but I go about once a month to make sure I'm on track. If I'm not having worse symptoms, it's a positive visit. If I'm having problems, then I have an appointment relatively soon.
>>
>>36715149
There is no health or unhealth.
There is only what you can do or cant do
>>
>>36721168
What's wrong with not caring about all that stuff?
>>
>tfw more and more as of late the 3 dudes that I've been lifting with the past couple months have been doing more and more homoerotic shit
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.