[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multivitamin dude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: headerFbMultivitamin.jpg (288KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
headerFbMultivitamin.jpg
288KB, 1200x630px
sup guys,
there's this dude who says he's taking 10 pills a day of multivitamin (a supplement not the one that is dropped in water before consumpion). The vitamins are 100%+ daily intake. My question to you guys is, would there be side effects or this is actually a good "overkill" ?
>>
>>36683924

Lots of multivitamins like animal pak have like 10 pills In a pouch that you take. It's supposed to be better for bioavailability since not everything is compressed in one pill.

It's expensive and probably not worth it, and most of the time you just piss out excess vitamins your body can't process, like it makes your pee bright yellow from B vitamins. I take a normal multi vitamin, not sure if it does anything at all but it's cheap af
>>
>>36683924
Multivitamins are trash. Eat real food.
All the extra vitamins he's taking are just being pissed out.

As for safe amounts of the vitamins, I know that there is a section on this in the sticky, so why don't you tell me?
>>
Multivitamins are trash. Eat real food.
>>
>>36683924
too much of every vitamin and mineral can poison you
>>
>capsule multivitamin
>not gelatin or syrup

enjoy your 10% bioavailability bro, at least they cost 50% less.
>>
>>36683924
Someone pls post this panel about the guy who took advice about retarded amounts of micros from /fit/ and ended up nearly dead with 10 years of life left tops.
>>
haha OP here, I am not well informed on that subject, but I did tell him that this is too much. he's kinda a meatheat halfnatty and I don't thing the 10 years you gave actually would bother him..

>capsule multivitamin
>not gelatin or syrup

So ur saying its better to drink the capsule multivitamins not the ones that are syrum/gelatin forms?
>>
Lol just realized what you wrote. I have no idea of this post, would love to see this?
"nearly dead"? do you remember more details?
>>
>>36684104
I don't have this saved, but the guy ended up bleeding from his anus and turned yellow from some micro, with kidneys functioning with 25% effectivness for the rest of his rather short life.
>>
holy shit... must've hurt.. Well eat ur veggies and do ur research kids..
tho I'm currently taking multivitamin (the same one he does) and I take 1-2 pills (recommended is 1)
I do have a lot of Vitamin D stacked and I don't want to throw it, bcuz this multivitamin has 400 IU and the vitD has [ 5,000 IU ] .
Do you think if I take both tihs would have any negative effects?
>>
>>36684241
Nothing bad can probably happen, he took absurd doses. But when it comes to microelements, multivitamins don't really do that much. If you actually want to improve your health, go to a doctor and determine if you have deficiency of particular element, THEN supplement it.
>>
>>36683961

You can't piss out fat soluble vitamins
>>
File: 1442972380356s.jpg (6KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442972380356s.jpg
6KB, 250x240px
>>36684241

>not taking 10000 IU a day
>>
File: 1433172448348.jpg (267KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1433172448348.jpg
267KB, 1600x1600px
>>36684052
This?
>>
>>36684104

hoping someone posts it - i don't have it saved either.

kid not only took a retarded amount of supplements based on 4chan advice, but then decided that he needed to add a fucking super dose of vitamin K on top of it. That shit will fuck you up for life if you overdo it, which our little hero most certainly did. As was mentioned earlier, you can't piss out excess fat soluble vitamins...
>>
File: 1443411771157.png (82KB, 1333x657px) Image search: [Google]
1443411771157.png
82KB, 1333x657px
>>36684052
Or maybe this one?
>>
>>36684479
>Vitamin K is something that has to be taken in very precise amounts or your body fucks up and you die

L M A O
>>
>>36684241

I wouldn't overdo the multivitamin. My multi is a 3 a day, and I only take 1. My diet isn't terrible, but it's not perfect either. 1/3 of a multi is plenty for me. And then I add Vit D and fish oil.

The toxic level of Vit D is WAY higher than the safe recommended dose, so don't worry too much about it. Not only that, but new research is suggesting that the current recommended amount is actually a bit lower than what would be optimal... I could search for a source to cite, but this is 4chan, so fuck you niggers - do your own research. I may be mistaken, so if you follow my advice blindly and die, it's off my conscience
>>
This is just sad, but scheize happens. No one mentioned if I go over 1K UI for vitD there would be consequences?
>>
>>36684429
>not counting your micros in grams
>>
>>36684532

Toxicity doesn't even start til 50,000 a day for months
>>
>>36684479
>>36684477
>>36684467
>>36684241
This shit makes me hesitant in taking that cum vitamin stack. You know, the one with more boners and cum volume

Fuck
>>
>>36684549

YOLO
>>
>>36684572
Nah man, what's funny is that as much as that stack has been posted on 4chan; NOBODY posted results of what happens 6 months and beyond
>>
>>36683924
Medfag here

There are two classes of vitamins - fat soluble and water soluble. The water soluble ones (all B vitamins and C) - take too much and you just piss them out. Your body can't store more than a little bit, so no point wasting the $$ if you're not deficient.
The fat solubles - ADEK can cause some serious shit if overdosed (which is not easy to do actually, but possible).
So, no point popping 10 pills a day... If you eat right you don't need even one.

TLDR - don't take too much vitamins, it's either a waste or toxic.
>>
File: 1427559365617.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1427559365617.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
Don't a lot of those multivitamins have niacin in them?
>>
>>36683924
>taking vitamins

You should only do that if you're deficient in some way or you only eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It's retarded to do that otherwise. It doesn't give you "better gains" or anything in particular.
>>
>>36684549
>the one with more boners and cum volume

Just take cold showers you silly faggot.

It increases your libido and cum volume.
>>
>>36684649
Libido maybe but not volume

I just want to know what happened to the anons many months later that took it
>>
>>36684606
i dont think taking a multi vit a day is a waste or toxic

i got a bottle of 500 of em for 16 bucks. thats like. 3 cents a day or some shit

i doubt its hurting me it can only help me be more fit
>>
>>36684662
Dog shit is free, not even 3 cents a day... It doesn't hurt and might make you stronger.
>>
>>36684609
so TLDR no need for vitamins..
I'm taking em cuz I think I'm lacking a few vits.. there are also minerals in this supplement. ANON u said something bout Niacin? What's wrong with it?
>>
If you drink a lot, taking vitamin b is very important - as is taking vitamin d if you live in the north.

>sweden
>november
>like 15 minutes of sunlight all month
>>
>not taking 10000iu Vid D 5x a week
>not taking 250-400mg Mg Citrate before bed
>not taking zinc before bed every other night
>not taking 4g creatine on workout days
>not getting everything else from a range of vegetables, seafood (especially salmon/sardines/oysters/molluscs etc), eggs, all kinds of meat, dairy, whole grains, fruits and basically any real food
>>
>>36687323
>not taking 4g creatine on workout days

>throwing away your natty card
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.