[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which allows you to lift the most amount of weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (197KB, 1213x915px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 1213x915px
Which allows you to lift the most amount of weight?
>>
>>36682885
Depends on person.
/thread
>>
>>36682885
Chinups have the same muscles being used as pullups, plus the biceps. That's why beginners tend to do them first. Hence, chinups because they use more muscles.

>>36682908
Most of the time, not really. More muscles=more weight lifted.
>>
>>36682962
you most def also use the biceps with pullups
ive done them yesterday and im feeling the DOMS right now

chin ups are pussy mode pull-ups. avoid them cause you might aswel just do bicep curls if you want it to focus on your arms.
>>
>>36683090
Chinups are slightly better for working the "lower" lats, down by your ribs, whereas pullups are better for "upper" lats, near your armpits. Of course your lats will grow if you do either one, and of course pullups are the better exercise, since nobody gives a shit how many chinups you can do.

You can try doing lat pulldowns with a reverse grip (palms facing toward you) to test out this effect for yourself.
>>
if can't pullup, should i do chinups instead?

currently doing lat pulldowns
>>
>>36682885
Chinups or close/close-medium grip pull ups. The reason for this is that normal pullups/wide pullups uses the scalupa, which is a neglected bodypart in almost everyone
>>
>>36683090
Of course they both use it, but I meant that chinups use biceps to a larger degree. That being said, I might be wrong, so don't quote me.
>>
>>36683090
That's like saying squats are pussy mode front squats, because you can move more weight. In fact chins are awesome because you can avoid doing curls.
>>
Which is the best place to position hands for pullups? Closer, wider, or shoulder length?
>>
>>36683144
Do inverted rows
>>
>>36683129
>the lower lats meme
>>
I don't give a fuck about the whole chinup vs pullups debate. But I will say one thing.

I alternate between the two on PPLxPPL. First pull day I do pullups, second pull day I do chinups. I find that pullups work my back + forearms (always get a massive forearm pump doing pullups), and that chinups work my back + biceps. I feel that it is best to have the benefit of both.

That said, debating between what is better is really dumb. I've got really amazing results doing either one. It's the same with benching with a barbell or dumbbells, I've got amazing results doing either one. I feel that people just have no life hence why they like to nitpick and argue about the most pointless shit on here.
>>
>>36683149
>don't quote me
>>36683407
>>
>>36683905
I dont understand why people think that there is a 'best' exercise, no such thing exist

every exercise is best for a certain goal

Chinups allow to pull for the most weight, if maximum back STRENGTH is your goal just do chinups

if your goal is to get a good back but you dont hit the brachiadoralis muscle at all(like most people) and do bicep curls regularly then do pullups

The difference on back activation is insignifant between the two exercises
>>
>>36682885
It has been proven that chinups use lats more than pullups. Since they are in a natural range of movement in chinup, you can lift more weight.

Besides, that's a retarded question, just go tu a fucking bar, buckle up the weight and see for yourself. Jesus, /fit/.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.