[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you motivate yourself to lift? It gives me absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

File: pepe_amerifat.png (34KB, 636x778px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_amerifat.png
34KB, 636x778px
How do you motivate yourself to lift?

It gives me absolutely no joy or achievement and you say girls don't like it so there is no reason to do it for girls. What other reason is there?
>>
>>36668863
not gonna make it
>>
>>36668863
to see what you're capable of nigga
baka you faggots need some mental gains too
>>
>>36668863
Well, back to /r9k/ with you then.
>>
It makes me feel good.
If you keep going you'll build momentum and it will be harder and harder to skip a day.
>>
File: zHRCTT.jpg (121KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
zHRCTT.jpg
121KB, 563x800px
>Lifting for my girl
>she hates me now
No Motivation to go to GYM today
>>
>>36668875
Not gonna make what?

>>36668876
Capable of what? Putting weights up and down?

>>36668879
What is /r9k/?

I mean you will be healthier if focus on healthy diet and do some light cardio. You will be better off if you read philosophy.
>>
File: 1447087213483.jpg (347KB, 1356x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1447087213483.jpg
347KB, 1356x2048px
>>36668863
To not end up like this
>>
If you are still questioning why you lift then you haven't been lifting long enough, simple as that
>>
>>36668863
just quit. there's no point, go sleep all day and stuff yourself with burgers.
>loser
>>
>>36668891
>>36668889
Still 0 answers, so boring are you people.
>>
>>36668896
Then fuck off, fatty. Nobody asked you to come here.
>>
>>36668863
You can't fix your problems if you remain in the same mindset that caused them.

Read some books from great men. Realize that self improvement is a constant cycle of setting reasonable goals and shattering them. Achievable goals will keep you from burning out. Just make sure you challenge yourself.

Girls like fit men. They don't tend to love extreme hypertrophy. If you're in the shape I expect that you are, this isn't a concern for you.

If you are lifting for girls, simply lift until you get into a shape you are happy with, and stay active. As a general rule, girls do not chase after men who don't look like they can take care of themselves. If you can't maintain the one thing that is truly yours in this world (your body), then you probably can't take care of them or your offspring.
>>
There really is no blanket answer op.
People lift for different reasons. Some do it out of a personal drive to better themselves. Some just want to be happy with how they look naked in the mirror. It's no different than asking why someone sings or why the paint or climb mountains. You have to find your own reason why.
>>
>>36668885
>what is /r9k/
>not bait :DDDD
>>
File: faggots.jpg (59KB, 736x489px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
59KB, 736x489px
>>36668863
>>36668885
>Capable of what? Putting weights up and down?

Yes, how is it not satisfactory to know you can rip 500+ pounds off the floor with ease? Or stand up with 400+ on your back?
>>
No but really when you see your gains its a huge boost for your self confidence. It overall improves your mental health, as pretty much all sports do
>>
>>36668863
No one's forcing you to do anything OP, if you wanna be a fat/skinny fuck then by all means don't let us hold you back
>>
>>36668863

>It gives me absolutely no joy or achievement and you say girls don't like it so there is no reason to do it for girls.

You fucking suck. If you hate it, stay a fat fuck.
>>
>>36668966
Swole of body
Swole of mind
>>
>>36668863

fucking /r9k/ leave my board
>>
We don't motivate ourselves. Self improvement is a hard slog and no one is going to be motivated all the time.

It's in moments like this that we push through the doubt. You think I enjoy my squats? They're uncomfortable, they make my legs feel like crap for about 20 minutes. And this isn't even that bad compared to some routines out there. But I do them because the pain is worth the reward. I get stronger, motivation or no.

So to answer your question OP. How do you motivate myself to lift? We just do it. No ifs, no buts, and most certainly no bullshit.
>>
Do it to get plenty of sluts. It works for me.
>>
>>36668910
Fuck you too.
>>36668950
Never been to /r9k/. I checked it now and it seems horrible. I don't know why I would go there.
>>36668938
>It's no different than asking why someone sings or why the paint or climb mountains
I assume they do it because they give them joy. If people don't paint or climb mountains they are not called pussies and never gonna make it. If you don't lift you are called that, so there must be some other reason than joy.
>>36668975
Not fat, probably healthier than you, GOMAD freak.
>>36668980
Why do people keep spamming /r9k/?
>>
I used to hate lifting too. For the first 2 years

I just kept doin it anyways and eventually i came to like it. Now its my fave thing 6yrs in. I will never stop until im injured

You need to grind thru and get to this state and then its easy as piss
>>
>>36669036
Fuck off, and kill yourself. Stay weak, unathletic and skinnyfat.
>>
>>36669052
>implying lifting weights up and down makes you athletic

I just don't see purpose in it. And you are not weak? You are slave to iron. If you want to beat someone you will get raped by anyone with understanding of martial arts or probably get gangfucked by chavs or niggers.
>>
File: disgustHD.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgustHD.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>>36668863
>It gives me absolutely no joy or achievement
>>
>>36669034
>mfw i enjoy the 'fuck just kill me now i can't do this anymore' feeling on last set of squats
>>
File: 1443408434113.jpg (14KB, 150x222px) Image search: [Google]
1443408434113.jpg
14KB, 150x222px
>>36669063
>tfw I almost fell for it
>>
File: no deadlift.png (680KB, 518x704px) Image search: [Google]
no deadlift.png
680KB, 518x704px
>>36669063
some 150 pound chavs who cant deadlift 225 if their life depended on it surely would kill me.

Fuck off retard "strength doesnt matter in a fight" only people who dont lift say that shit, why else are there weight classes in boxing, MMA and shit like that?
>>
>>36669036
Well it seems more like you're looking for an argument than an answer. I couldn't reliably give you a reason why anyone does it only my own personal reasons. Personally Im in my mid 20s and am a fat fuck. Roughly 25 pounds overweight for my height. I don't want to wait till I'm 45 and be 50 pounds overweight trying to catch up at a disadvantage. My family already has a history of the men dieing young. Plus I kinda enjoy it. I can just take some time to get away from everything, work, home life, etc and focus on me.
>>
>>36668863
>>36668885
>>36668896
>>36668957
>>36669036
>>36669063
OH YEAH MR KRABS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: 1444829516648.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1444829516648.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>36668863
>How do you motivate yourself to lift?

I don't motivate myself. I just fucking do it. Do you motivate yourself to brush your teeth too?
>>
>>36668863
>How do you motivate yourself to lift?
I don't need motivation, I just fucking get it done

>It gives me absolutely no joy or achievement
So is there something in life that gives you that? Then lifting is not for you and you can keep your lifestyle going the way it is and stop making these stupid threads

> and you say girls don't like it so there is no reason to do it for girls.
I do it for the most important person, me, yes it sounds corny and stupid as fuck but doing things for others, who may not even notice, is fucking retarded.

>What other reason is there?
Self improvement, being able to do things others can't and not be a huge piece of shit fat bastard people secretly point out and laugh
>>
Lifting only works long-term if you have an OCD personality.
>>
File: 1459827567976.jpg (815KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1459827567976.jpg
815KB, 1000x1333px
>>36669189
>I do it for the most important person, me

The only right answer
>>
>>36668863

Everything will always be designed around the average person.
Being stronger than the average person makes life objectively easier

I lift because I'm even lazier than you OP
>>
>>36669183
This, motivation can falter, this is something that must be done like eat, sleeping, and pissing.
>>
>>36669223
You have Michael Jackson's "Man in the mirror" in your cardio playlist, don't you?
>>
Former fatty here. My original motivation was:

Whatever it is you enjoy doing in life is limited by your life expectancy. Being fit extends your life expectancy. Whatever it is you enjoy doing in life, being fit will allow you to do it longer.

However after shedding my excess weight I discovered something, that they don't tell you enough:
Being fit feels great. Just being not-overweight feels awesome. Everything I do now, I enjoy more. Not stuffing my face constantly is a small price to pay for this.
>>
>>36668863
Fuck off fatty nobody cares if you are motivated or not
>>
File: 1368606469179.jpg (75KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
1368606469179.jpg
75KB, 259x259px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTuNH_8r9A&annotation_id=annotation_1308611889&src_vid=TDtArt5n1cM&feature=iv

look at klokov's body and wanting him to my drillinstructor, if you catch my drift
>>
File: 1459368057814.jpg (1018KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459368057814.jpg
1018KB, 1920x1080px
>>36669063
I'm not surprised that you lack motivation you whiney faggot
>>
Ok, so the conclusion is that you lift just because.
Nice goal of life you have there, stoics.
>>
>>36670078
Nice bait bump. Poor reading comprehension.

There have been numerous valid reasons to lift in this thread. If you don't want to lift, don't. There's no way you are going to sway anyone who actually gives a shit about themselves.
>>
>>36670184
>anyone who gives a shit about himself
>does GOMAD
>does a routine that he can continue for only a couple of years then stops doing it and becomes fat like arnold or vin diesel

Enjoy your wnb life improvement till you are 30. Then you will have shitty fat veins, need bypass surgery at 40, bones will break at 50 due to gomad, while I will be on mont blanc like a true healthy person.
>>
>>36670450
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>>36668863
because i dont want to look like your pepe
>>
>>36670450
I don't do GOMAD or any of the SS variants. I'm not sure who you think I am.

I'm actually 40 in October and loving life. You're trying to hard man.
>>
Anyone else here love the fuck out of lifting? I've been doing this for 2 years and still feel as excited as I was my first few times going.

I literally look forward to my lifting days and count down till I can go again. How something others hate can bring me so much joy I don't know.
>>
Spiders (order Araneae) are air-breathing arthropods that have eight legs and chelicerae with fangs that inject venom. They are the largest order of arachnids and rank seventh in total species diversity among all other orders of organisms. Spiders are found worldwide on every continent except for Antarctica, and have become established in nearly every habitat with the exceptions of air and sea colonization. As of November 2015, at least 45,700 spider species, and 114 families have been recorded by taxonomists. However, there has been dissension within the scientific community as to how all these families should be classified, as evidenced by the over 20 different classifications that have been proposed since 1900.
>>
>>36670689
Anatomically, spiders differ from other arthropods in that the usual body segments are fused into two tagmata, the cephalothorax and abdomen, and joined by a small, cylindrical pedicel. Unlike insects, spiders do not have antennae. In all except the most primitive group, the Mesothelae, spiders have the most centralized nervous systems of all arthropods, as all their ganglia are fused into one mass in the cephalothorax. Unlike most arthropods, spiders have no extensor muscles in their limbs and instead extend them by hydraulic pressure.
>>
>>36670712
Their abdomens bear appendages that have been modified into spinnerets that extrude silk from up to six types of glands. Spider webs vary widely in size, shape and the amount of sticky thread used. It now appears that the spiral orb web may be one of the earliest forms, and spiders that produce tangled cobwebs are more abundant and diverse than orb-web spiders. Spider-like arachnids with silk-producing spigots appeared in the Devonian period about 386 million years ago, but these animals apparently lacked spinnerets. True spiders have been found in Carboniferous rocks from 318 to 299 million years ago, and are very similar to the most primitive surviving suborder, the Mesothelae. The main groups of modern spiders, Mygalomorphae and Araneomorphae, first appeared in the Triassic period, before 200 million years ago.
>>
The point is the struggle.

http://dbanach.com/sisyphus.htm
>>
the achievement is simply improving your strength through hard work and discipline.

the benefits?
you can move heavier things around, maybe a little less injury prone doing daily physical activities. not really an issue in the 1st world though
you also tend to look better, but even if you're not some r9k redpill fag you know that just having muscles doesn't make you friends

it's much like learning a language. being able to converse with people from a country I'll likely never visit is not going to drastically affect my life. the discipline cultivated through practice, and the knowledge that I've honed a skill make me much more confident and THAT is what makes my life infinitely better. in this case, I like how I look in a mirror and I feel strong when I move heavy things, so I feel good about myself

but your life sounds good too, with your certainty that joy is objective and effort is meaningless
>>
>>36670689
>>36670712
>>36670731
Please, continue.
>>
File: 1457042420800.jpg (45KB, 601x340px) Image search: [Google]
1457042420800.jpg
45KB, 601x340px
>>36669183
You're my hero
>>
Don't trust motivation. It's strong while it lasts, but it always wanders off.
Trust in routine.
>>
>>36670779
A herbivorous species, Bagheera kiplingi, was described in 2008, but all other known species are predators, mostly preying on insects and on other spiders, although a few large species also take birds and lizards. Spiders use a wide range of strategies to capture prey: trapping it in sticky webs, lassoing it with sticky bolas, mimicking the prey to avoid detection, or running it down. Most detect prey mainly by sensing vibrations, but the active hunters have acute vision, and hunters of the genus Portia show signs of intelligence in their choice of tactics and ability to develop new ones. Spiders' guts are too narrow to take solids, and they liquefy their food by flooding it with digestive enzymes and grinding it with the bases of their pedipalps, as they do not have true jaws.

Male spiders identify themselves by a variety of complex courtship rituals to avoid being eaten by the females. Males of most species survive a few matings, limited mainly by their short life spans. Females weave silk egg-cases, each of which may contain hundreds of eggs. Females of many species care for their young, for example by carrying them around or by sharing food with them. A minority of species are social, building communal webs that may house anywhere from a few to 50,000 individuals. Social behavior ranges from precarious toleration, as in the widow spiders, to co-operative hunting and food-sharing. Although most spiders live for at most two years, tarantulas and other mygalomorph spiders can live up to 25 years in captivity.
>>
>>36670779
Are you kidding me you little piece of shit i’ll have you know i graduated top of my politics class and i’ve been involved in privilege checking with over 150 confirmed political demonstrations i’m trained in conflict resolution and i was the most oppressed person in my entire upper middle class high school you are nothing to me but another cultural appropriator i will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which have never been seen on this side of the 49th parallel mark my words you think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the internet think again fucker, as we speak i’m checking with my anarcho-communist analyst brigade for your location so you better be prepared to deal with some molotov cocktails and angry feminists flying through your window yOU’RE FUCKING DEAD CHERRY! i can be anywhere at any time and i can kill you in over seven hundred ways and that’s just with me boring you to death while i talk about privilege not only am i extensively trained in hotline management but i have access to an entire arsenal of sociological articles to prove my point and i will use them to wipe your fucking face off the earth you little shit if only you had known what oppressed retribution your cultural appropriation would unleash then maybe you would have held your fucking tongue but you couldn’t you’re fucking dead kiddo
>>
Then don't do it faggot.
>>
>>36668863
Gotta keep in shape for my LARP group.
>>
>>36669194
I actually kind of agree with this
>>
>>36668863
My reason for lifting is because I'm Asexual and to avoid questions about it like if I'm gay I can lie and say I get my fair share of pussy and everyone believes me cause of muscles! We all got our different reasons bro
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.