[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am too weak to squat correctly. If I use something to help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 004 - xVxFxxc.jpg (103KB, 790x1299px) Image search: [Google]
004 - xVxFxxc.jpg
103KB, 790x1299px
I am too weak to squat correctly. If I use something to help keep my balance (loosely holding onto a chair, etc). To keep myself from falling on my ass, and doing the best I can to squat regularly, will that help me improve my squat as a whole or no?
>>
>>36603539
practice by stretching your arms forward, it helps a lot with balance

squatting with a barbell is different than bw squats cause the center of gravity shifts, so you might find one easier than the other, depending on depth

speaking of depth, you should also stretch your glutes and ankles (quads and hammies won't hurt), cause people often confuse their body's inability to hold a position comfortably with balance issues
>>
>>36603583

Yeah, I am weak/immobile as fuck as a whole. I gotta work on it, but I gotta get to my dr to check out my left leg.

Whenever I lift my leg up, the upper most part of my quad hurts. It's been like this for over a month now. I don't know if it's a strain or what.
>>
>>36603583 this.
Also, try shitting in the woods. You don't need a chair to do it, right?
Many newbs "think too much" during the setup of the squat. Act naturally, widen your stance as necessary, go deep, keep your ass, back and shoulder muscles packed tight, and stand back up using knee extension to rise and hip extension to "hump" the air in front.
>>
>>36603583

I just tried that a few times and nearly fell on my ass/still couldn't do it right. I guess I gotta work on my mobility/flexibility/strength. But I don't have any resistance bands/etc to help with that.
>>
had to sort of re-learn to squat after coming back from knee reconstruction (rugby injury) - start with a chair (use an office chair and raise the height as much as possible) then squat down till you ass just touches.... 3x10 once or twice a day. takes less than 10 minutes. Then start slowly bringing the chair down and then remove the chair completely.

This helped me get my body used to doing BW squats again.
>>
>>36603797

actually idk. I might be doing it right. I just can't get anywhere near ATG low, it feels like I'm going to tear my nuts if I try going lower.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvo2PDmL0E
>>
>>36603621
How does someone get this immobile? I find this fascinating
>>
>>36603847

I sit at my computer every day. I never stretch/etc.

I want to be the complete opposite of what I am now. So I have to get into a daily routine of stretching/mobility/etc so I can be capable of doing squats/etc.

I'd do SS/MM if not for the squats causing me issues. Not to mention I don't have any equipment aside from a barbell/plates.
>>
>>36603841

people still link to this useless faggot?
>>
https://www.t-nation.com/training/third-world-squat
>>
stretch, warm up proper, use lower weight, keep going
>>
>>36603869
try strengthening your legs with other exercises. Lunging or even climbing up stairs quickly might give you the stimulus you need.
it doesn't matter if you are the strongest or the weakest, you train for the level you are at.
>>
File: 1458600900606.jpg (355KB, 1168x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1458600900606.jpg
355KB, 1168x1250px
>>36603583
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.