[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Cable Curls useful or they're just a meme exercise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 192_2.jpg (29KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
192_2.jpg
29KB, 275x275px
Are Cable Curls useful or they're just a meme exercise?
>>
i love cable curls
>>
I only do them when the dumbbell rack is crowded
>>
How would it be a meme you fucking sperg? It's the exact same exercise as dumbell curls.
>>
File: If you say so.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
If you say so.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>36576673
>cable = freeweights
>never going to make it
>>
>>36576690
what memester anatomy class are you going to give us?

it's fucking curls
>>
Cable exercises are good for rounding out your daily routine based on the body part being used.

However if you're only doing one curl exercises I'd stick with a standing barbell curl, but hey if you have an entire day dedicated to arms, knock yourself out with the cable.
>>
>>36576673
The reason I'm against all cable/machines. Is that using free weights, you can move the bar or the dumbbell in the x, y, and z axis. Meaning bars and dumbbells will be able to show muscle imbalances to a greater extent.

Cable curls, while you can move in x, y, and z, it also has a start position that you cannot really change and it's not being pulled directly down.
>>
>>36576452
What the fuck is a meme exercise? I see it posted all the time, and I'm still none the wiser as to what it means
>>
>>36576922
A meme exercise would be something like the incline bench press.
Useless but a meme in the fitness community so people still do it.
>>
>>36576922
Useless exercise that a lot of people do thinking is good.
>>
>>36576948
is it like normal bench press or inferior ??
>>
Lol you should do 5 exercises for every muscle youre training. dumbell curls, barbell, preacher and it doesnt stop at CABLE curls ya fucking bunch of dyel cunts jesus christ lmao
>>
They're great as a finisher exercise to leave the gym with a pump. Why bother going to the gym if you don't have a pump desu
>>
>>36577022
I already have a pump when I use my onahole after the gym
>>
>>36576922
A "meme" is a communicable unit of information shared by social creatures. The name comes from "mental gene", and was coined by Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976).

People on /fit/ currently use it the way I'd use "fad": something that's popular without merit.

>>36576452
I have trouble imagining any benefit compared to a dumbbell curl, and can easily imagine the odd angle of the cable detracting from its utility.
>>
>>36577078

The main benefit of a cable over DB is that it has a fairly consistent resistance through the whole ROM, compared to peaking at 90 degrees and dropping off on either side with a DB.

Same thing, though much more useful, with cable flies compared to DB flies.
>>
>>36576982
Less pecs more delts. I can't imagine any reason to do them instead of just going heavier on flat bench and overhead press.
>>
>>36576452
I love them, I do DB curls on back day then finish off with narrow grip cable bar curls, gets me pumped
>>
>>36576948
>>36577101
Ever since I started doing the incline bench twice a week my flat bench has been going up steadily despite being only done once a week.
>>
>>36579178
Probably because your shoulders were a weak point in the lift.
>>
>>36579178

the anon here is trying to meme you and other anons into boob pecs by missing your upper pecs which is what incline does

>square pecs
>no incline
>pick one
>>
>>36576690
That is like saying squatting in the Smith Machine is legit squats.

>Spoiler: Its not.
>>
>>36576731
It's better for bicep development than barbell or dumbbell curls because your muscle gets constant resistance. The role of stabilizer muscles for curls is so minimal it's laughable to even mention them.

Draw a free body diagram for cable curls vs Xbell curls and look at how the effective resistance drops off at the top for the Xbell curls.

Tl;Dr great isolation exercise.
>>
I do them because they make the veins in my arms pop and idk why
>>
>>36576922
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>36579988
I can OHP 55kg though. My flat bench was stuck at 67.5kg for ages.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.