[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aint Got Time To Bleed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 371621.jpg (46KB, 460x509px) Image search: [Google]
371621.jpg
46KB, 460x509px
Fuck it. Probably get a bunch of just do it memes, but ima make the mistake of asking anyway.

>30 y/o
>oilfield mech/tech
>10 to 14 hrs - 6 days a week
>married with kid

By the end of the day im fucking beat. But im little bitchin myself for not doing something to get bigger.

So que the shit storm- if you had little time/ energy from being dad/husband/blue collar slave but want to go bane mode, what would you do to maximize the little time you had?
>>
>>36574503
find out how to work out while you're at work?
>>
>>36574503

It's hard, mang. I could hardly keep up a 4 day routine working 12 hour days - and I don't have a wife and kid.

Your schedule is literally packed, and I'm guessing your job is physically intense enough that you're going to have trouble recovering from shit like DL's and squats.

Gotta go with:

>>36574523

Try the startbodyweight program here:

>>36573383

It's a quick routine with solid progression, you could honesty break it up and do it throughout your day. I'd say try it two-days-on-one-day-off at first, then work up to every day once you get a handle on it.

After you get deep into it, you can just grease-the-groove and do pull-ups or one-armed push-ups whenever you feel like it.
>>
>>36574503
Home gym l guess. It would save you lots of time, work, come home, lift. Don't workout more than 60 minutes, seriously, lifting is all about diet, sticking to a routine is easy, the hardest part is your fukken job
>>
>>36574523
Man im in a hard hat, gloves, FR's, etc. Not the most accommodating environment either. But thanks.

>>36574612
Im fine with bodyweight shit if thats enough. I say bane mode for 2 reasons. Strength at work, and i dont need the aesthetics of six pack or cutting. Im 6'1" and 220. Id like more of that 220 in my upper body and back. Fuckin tired of waiting on a comealong to lift some shit cause i got stuck with the greenhand shit that just got out of college.

And i lie. I do want the aesthetics but as my friend says "youre built like a fridge, but you want to be built like a vending machine"
Thanks for the link dude.
>>
>>36574716

If you stick with body-weight training you can get real strong - especially a dude in your position. It sounds like you have a solid strength base, so your 210 lbs. is a blessing instead of an obstacle to overcome.

Not to discourage, but don't expect bane-mode from a body-weight routine - that shit requires hours and hours of shrugs and dead-lifts and a body-weight routine really can't hit the traps that hard. You will get strong as fuck, especially if you grease-the-groove.
>>
>>36574686
I got a little home gym going. But that working out after work aint gonna happen brah. Once the little one sees me home i cant do shit for the rest of the day. Was thinking about waking early to do some shit but......fuuuuck.
>>
>>36574503
Dan John has you covered with a minimalist 2-day-a-week full body workout for adults and working stiffs.

http://danjohn.net/2011/01/minimalist-training/

Will gains be slower? Yes, but better than none at all.
>>
>>36574814
How bad do you want it?
>>
>>36574805
>Not to discourage, but don't expect bane-mode from a body-weight routine

No not at all man i got ya. But as you say if body weight will get me part of the way with what little time i have then fuck its a start. I just didnt know where to begin fully but i knew better than to just buy a shit load of weights, stack 200 and say "fuck i guess thats good"
>>
>>36574503
>oilfield mech/tech
Lmao just end yourself, waste of resources.
>>
>>36574828
Thats some simple shit. But i fucking love power cleans.

>>36574834
Knew that was coming. But i had it coming. Youre right.

>>36574974
Heres your reply
>>
>>36574503
>So que the shit storm- if you had little time/ energy from being dad/husband/blue collar slave but want to go bane mode, what would you do to maximize the little time you had?

If I had little time/energy from being a dad/husband/blue collar slave I would be too busy killing myself to care about my body.

Go raise your kid. You made him and he's your responsibility, all your wants and needs and dreams are irrelevant now.
>>
>>36575051
>Knew that was coming. But i had it coming. Youre right.

I'm not right man, it's just a question. I just took a year off from lifting, gained 12% body fat and have lost more than half my max on most lifts.
If you want it, you'll make the sacrifice, and if you don't want it, you won't make it.

Do what feels right man.
>>
File: 334630(1).gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
334630(1).gif
2MB, 410x230px
>>36575074
Reading is hard huh
>>
>>36574503
Steroids.
>>
>>36575137
Why would I ever waste time reading your shit?
>>
>>36575126
What feels right is doing something to get more exercise than what the manual labor at work gets me. Maybe getting alittle more healthier to not be a broke body in another 20 years
>>
>>36575166
...you already did by reading the first post. And you read my reply to you. And this one too.

Ok now your turn.
>>
>>36575177
well there you go. The best time to get said exercise will be before work, when you give a fuck. Start with 30 minutes, and build your way up once you start to gain motivation.

I only exercise these days so I don't get a fucked back from work. trawler life is hard.
>>
>>36575051
> simple shit

To add to my last comment, Dan John specializes in training for older adults (over 40; disclaimer, I am 36). It boils down to two principles:

1. Simple is good if that's what you can be consistent with
2. Loaded carries are GOAT

If you have the time, add loaded carries to each workout. I do strongman so each workout has major loaded carries (sandbag, keg, handles or yoke).

Literally if you have no time for anything else, do heavy sandbag or other loaded carries.
>>
You've clearly got enough time and energy to be a nay-saying little bitch baby on the internet so your situation clearly isn't bad enough for you to actually need the advice you're asking for.

Stop wasting everyone's time. Go train or start a blog somewhere else.
>>
>>36575206
>trawler
And here i am bitching about how my work gets in the way. More power to ya brother

>>36575224
>strongman
See ive read into that shit and id be more inclined to something like that. I dont think the neighbors wouldnt enjoy hearing me lift heavy shit at 4am in the yard but fuckem.
>>
>>36575280
>nay-saying little bitch baby

Yea i started this thread off expecting some bullshit. But people have surprisingly been incredibly helpful. Lurking here makes it look like a fuck you fest but now i just feel shitty for startin the thread like that. So yea i deserve that.
>>
>>36575289
Strongman is probably not what I'd choose if I had a manual labor job. The movements are all extremely CNS intensive and use the full body. A log clean and press, a heavy yoke or zercher yoke (≈ Conan's wheel) carry, or an Atlas stone load is going to require hella recovery; if you're pulling the workdays you claim, plus child responsibility, you may not be getting enough recovery time.
>>
>>36575413
No i understand i woulnt train to do it but the exercises looked beneficial in that its awkward shit to lift and that basically half my job. I wouldnt lug a damn railroad tie back and forth but maybe some of the sand bag carries would be a good idea.
>>
>>36575493
Yes sand bags are the single best bang for buck and what I always recommend for poorfag kids who can't afford a gym membership. They are cheap, relatively easy to store, are easily incrementally loaded, can be used for full body movements and in your specific case can be used to sop up oil spills.
>>
>>36575289
>trawler
it's not as hard as people make it seem, it's just dangerous. but thanks bro, best of luck in your endeavours.
>>
>>36574503
>30 years old
>mech tech

Something doesn't add up here. Pretty sure only 14 year olds can pilot mechs.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.