[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaining weight then muscle ? Teach me !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: HelpMePlease.jpg (410KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
HelpMePlease.jpg
410KB, 2448x3264px
Okay, so I've never been to /fit/ and recently I've started to want to get bigger just because I hate being a skinny weak shit.

I don't want to be overly massive I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was 10.4

Height I'm not too sure I've been told 6ft but honestly I don't know. I've never really cared.

What do ?

Pic Related - Me.
>>
muay thai
>>
>>36523067
What about like eating and shit doe ?
>>
Eat meats, drink milk, and lift.
>>
>>36523074
GOMAD
>>
File: jonne1.jpg (77KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
jonne1.jpg
77KB, 960x960px
>>36522924
>I don't want to be overly massive I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was 10.4

You unironically really think that you might wake up one day and be like "Fug im too large im full on fraud bodybuilder-mode"

Goddamn normies piss me off
>>
>>36523098
Sorry, Honestly didn't understand that.
>>
>>36522924
10.4 what nigga? Use real units, not this stone bullshit
>>
>>36523141
It's just what the scales said senpai but 66.04305kg then
>>
File: x-d (2).jpg (21KB, 236x283px) Image search: [Google]
x-d (2).jpg
21KB, 236x283px
>>36523120
Fucking hell

Very VERY TLDR right here faggot;

Protein 4 calories per gram of protein - found in meats milk and vegetables, mainly meats and milk is responsible for making your muscles grow stronger and larger, they do this by repairing muscle damage you cause by lifting weights, and the body adapts to make it easier the next time you lift by repairing said muscle. "GAINS"

Fats 9 calories per gram of fat - Regulates hormones, lubricates your joints and tendons. Dont ever avoid fats.

Carbohydrates 4 calories per gram of carbohydrate - Main energy source, your brain needs it, your muscle needs it. You CAN go low on carbs to cut out a lot of calories to lose weight, but you will feel sluggish, weak and tired as a result because your body starts eating up your fat reserves, or "bellyfat" as you faggots call it, resulting in you getting leaner or "more toned" , dont ever fucking say "tone"

Calories in ---> calories out = Weight GAIN
Calories out ---> calories in = Weight LOSS

There are a lot of calculators that tell you how much you need to gain and lose weight.

>Metabolism
Dont ever fucking say you have a high metabolism, metabolism IS dictated by your physical activity, how large you are as a person and how much muscle you have. 2 twins with close to identical physiques, identical activities and muscle mass WILL have the same metabolism.

All in all, go to the gym lift heavy ass weights, make sure you get enough protein (Try to get 150-300 grams) Carbs you can play around with to fit your caloric needs, fats should be around 50-100 grams.

Now fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>36523197
Forgot to add:

Fats are also found in meats, and some vegetables. Vegetables, sugars and bread are like 95% carbs.
>>
>>36522924

Do stronglifts or starting strength and eat over 3,000 calories a day

This is as close to a real answer as you're going to get.
>>
>>36523197
>>36523204
Pretty much this, don't over complicate the issue, eat and pick up heavy shit
>>
>>36523197
>>36523217
Gracias mi amigo. Honestly ty ! I'm literally clueless about this shit.
>>
how the fuck do i eat 3,5kcal/day without eating 500 fucking uncoocked gr of rice per day
>>
>>36523300
OP?
>>
>>36523314
Nah, it isn't
>>
>>36523279
Read the sticky, OP. Lots of amazing info in there.

I'll even post the link to make it easy for you
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>I don't want to be overly massive
You won't accidentally get overly massive. You have to be trying FUCKING HARD to get overly massive, and even then, it's fucking difficult to get huge without roids. Take it from the many of us who are trying to get huge naturally - it's fucking difficult and takes years of dedicated work to get huge. So don't be a bitch OP and go lift heavy ass weights.
>>
>>36523314
no im not.
>>
>>36523319
>>36523341
lol
>>
>>36523300

Eat or drink whatever you have available until you've reached 3,5kcals

Are you so retarded you don't know how to keep putting food in your mouth and swallow it?

>but I don't have enough food
Get more
>>
>>36523300

Stop worrying about eating 'clean'. I'm not saying go out and stuff yourself on mcdonalds and pizza all day, but there's a reason most of the old lifters diets tended to be high in more calorie-dense foods - lots of milk, eggs, not so lean meats and potatoes (amongst other stuff) alongside your vegies.

Broccoli, steamed rice and chicken breast is for leaning down into contest shape. Its much less useful for getting bigger.
>>
>>36523331
Would you recommend what I should be lighting per day ? I don't know if I should be going to the gym at this pitiful stage I'm at though ?
>>
>>36523345
350gr rice
400gr veggies
335gr chicken

i bet i can eat more than you, fgt.
>>
>>36523389
Yes, you should go to the gym.
>>
>>36523389
lifting*
>>
>>36523399
you should go to them gym even if you were 300KG
exercise is always good
>>
>>36523390

>gr
Nigga are you retarded?
>>
>>36522924
why haven't you read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36523416
I skimmed through, I like interacting more anyway sorry senpai.
>>
>>36523390

Breakfast
3 hardboiled eggs 234 cals
Perkin's Mammoth Blueberry Muffin 510cals

Lunch
Double-Double 670cals
Vanilla shake 580cals
French fries 395cals

Dinner
Chipotle steak burrito 1420cals

The fuck out of here you pussy bitch
>>
>>36523389
Yes, go to the gym. We all start somewhere, fampai. Even if you're benching the bar and squatting the bar, no one will give a shit because they all started at that level too. You'll get stronger, bigger, and better looking. The regulars will start noticing you as a regular rather than a newbie who will give up in a few weeks. You got this OP, just stay motivated and follow a good routine.

SS (starting strength) + accessories is a good starting routine that a lot of beginners gain great strength and size gains on.
>>
>>36523409
sorry m8.
>g
>>
>>36523488
>fampai
kek hate how it changes. But man for you I'll be motivated !
>>
>>36523511
You got this OP. Take a picture of your body right now flexing as hard as possible, stow away that picture, then in a few months look back at it. You'll be happy
>>
>>36523511

You are a lucky man OP, 1 in a 100 threads like this ever gets this much help.
>>
>>36523551
Doing it now man !

>>36523560
Honestly I am grateful it's my first time on her I've heard others say it's intimidating and it was but honestly thank you guys !
>>
>>36523488

This is so true...honestly I go to a commercial gym and I was scared shitless thinking I was going to look like a tool lifting pussy weights or doing shit wrong. Didn't take long to realise nobody gives a fuck what you're doing. And desu most people in commercial gyms don't lift particularly heavy either - they're just there to do a few curls or sit on some machines. Do Stronglifts or starting strength and you'll overtake most people in no time
>>
>>36523580
>>36523488
Do either of you recommend how long I should spend in the gym ?
>>
>>36523589
Till you're done.
>>
>>36523589

Wouldn't really think about it in those terms, pick a plan and stay as long as it takes for you to complete you workout
>>
>>36523589
However long it takes to finish your workout my dude. No set time. Look up starting strength routine and see what it's all about. It usually takes like 40 minutes or so.

People tend to add extra lifts at the end of the workout, and that lengthens it, but that comes later on once you've gained decent strength. For now, it's good to stick to a set program
>>
READ
THE
FUCKING

KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>36523589
Its like you think just spending time in the gym will give you progression.
>>
>>36523580

I think you have to be a pretty unempathetic asshole to judge people for how much they lift. I remember seeing a guy in my gym the other day struggle with a 40kg squat, which is very low, but then I don't know this guy - he could be recovering from some condition or whatever that's made him extremely weak, never done sports in his life, who knows? The point is he's trying to improve, and that's what's more important. It's a special kind of insecure dickhead who judges people they don't know based on what they lift
>>
Are you a christian, OP? Because you seem to have completly disregarded the existence of the dinosaur.
>>
>>36523653
Is that even a serious question? If he's from the americas chances are his dumb fuck parents indoctrinated him.
>>
>>36523690
>>36523653
I'm agnostic so I don't really know ahaha
>>
Well guys I'm going to bed thanks for the advice I will take it on-board and honestly this has helped with confidence of even going to the gym ! Really thank you guys !!!
>>
File: 1450482812445.gif (817KB, 393x255px) Image search: [Google]
1450482812445.gif
817KB, 393x255px
>>36523698
Literally on the fence about fossils and carbondating vs magical man in the heavens created earth and all of humanity in 7 days
>>
>>36523711
Also you never no man...
>>
>All this spoonfeeding

Jesus christ, /fit/. I thought you were better than this.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.