[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: containers.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
containers.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
I know most of you guys prepare your meals a few days in advance, but whenever i reheat my meals in the microwave the second or third day the food just doesn't taste good.

It's dry and tasteless, what am i doing wrong here?
>>
>eating for flavor

Not gonna make it. Just drown it in hot sauce and shove it down.
>>
File: Soylent_drink.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Soylent_drink.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Seriously go for this shit instead. Helps out so much when you don't have time. Add your GOMAD or protein powder to fit your macros.
>>
>>36495946
wait - GOMAD is a meme right?
>>
>>36496016

GOMAD works but people on this board turn it in to a meme.
>>
>>36496039
i thought GOMAD only gives you diarrhea and fat.
>>
>>36495946
Fuck off, shill
>>
>>36495946
Drink soy product so you get gyno? Great idea!
>>
Make all of your dinners as stews. Every night I have a portion of stew and some fresh steamed rice.

They taste even better after a few days.
>>
>>36495908
Add two cups of water. It may look like you are drowning your food but the reason it tastes bad is because it is dehydrated. The microwaves will cause the food to absorb the water and it will taste better.
>>
>>36497903

thanks bro, i will try this tomorrow.
>>
>>36498093
nah fuck that, drop a bit of coconut oil in there

Shit will melt when you microwave it, keep it moist and make everything taste amazing
>>
>>36495908
This is the reason I stopped preparing food in bulk. I do have the time to make food every day, but I'm just a lazy shit when it comes to anything but work and lifting.
>>
>>36495908
Its because you aren't coming flavorful meals. You need some tasty recipes. Try the protein chef, fit men cook, built lean, and other sources. I make low calorie curried chicken, stir fry, and fajitas in large batches which are still delicious four or five days later because they are cooked in tasty sauces and seasoned.

Dumping water on your lunch is not going to fix it. Adding a bunch of coconut oil will ruin your calorie targets
>>
Make sure you keep your food containers airtight. Freezing helps too.. even if it's only for a day or two.

Also, things which you would generally cook a large batch of are the better things to prep.. ie lasagne, curry, stew, etc... everything that you'd normally prepare "per head" would mostly be terribly suited for prep.. ie chicken breasts with salad, etc. Best thing you can do in this case is think like a chef: buy your chicken, veg, fruit, etc.. and instead of prepping the entire way just prep up to the point you'd cook it (cut your meat how you want it, stick it in some zip lock with marinade, cut veg, keep in tub raw for 3 days or so)... then just cook when you need it. Saves the hassle of prep and allows you the same benefits if you portion raw. Food tastes better and won't take ages to cook.

Trust me, I do this for a living 12 hours a day and I manage to eat and lift outside of that.
>>
Thank you all for answers, i will certainly try those things you mentioned.

A little off-topic - is chicken really that better than pork?
Every week I prepare pork with rice or potatoes for a few days in advance. I know my meals should be more diverse but I don't like vegetables and i find pork easiest to bake.
>>
>GOMAD
>consume an extra 2300 cals a day
>lift for less than an hour three times a week

good luck lol
>>
>>36496016
GOMAD is a program to break out of being skinny. It's not something you do for any lengthy period of time and it's not for everyone.
I'm assuming he's just using it as hyperbole for people who drink a lot of milk to pack calories.
>>
>>36495908
I meal prep my dinner for mon-sat. shredded chicken, sweet potato, steamed vege blend, and some almonds. this seasoning goes incredibly well with my normandy blend. goes great with chicken, but of course, everything seems to go well with chicken. just invest in a half dozen different seasonings and experiment. also see if you can eat your meals without heating them up. i usually dont reheat mine so i eat my chicken, potato, and veges cold. i like it. chicken is never dried out.
>>
>>36497839
If you're lactose intolerant. I drink a gallon a day not every day but at least every other day. No issues at all. Super cheap nutrition.
>>
>>36495908
>It's dry and tasteless

Pretty much.

Why do you think Bodybuilders love spices and hot sauce so much?

Chicken breast is flavorless and dull.

>>36495946

E
S
T
R
O
G
E
N
>>
>>36495908
I'm not a microwave kind of guy myself, but just one tip for re-heating meat in general: Don't, unless it's beef. This is true for pork in particular, but also chicken to a lesser extent. Even if it's mixed ground meat, it's not unhealthy to keep it in the fridge for a day or two and re-heat it, but it will always taste off.
>>
>>36499641

2300 is below maintenance for anyone slightly active. GOMAD is awesome because then you just have to worry with one meal all day. I usually just throw some broccoli and chicken breast in a wok. Delicious and easy. Just remember Asians are fucking retarded and put sugar in everything. Msg and kimchi are the only asian bullshit I buy now. Everything else is from white people stores like white vinegar, bulb garlic, or dried chiles.
>>
>>36495908
OP you need to cover your food while its still hot. Letting it sit for it to cool down will allow the moisture to evaporate. you also need to use less salt and more herb and spices. Like paprika, basil, garlic you uncultured swine.
>>
>>36495934
this, food is utility nigga
>>
>>36497877

This is actually really fucking smart. Like doing a chicken a la king or something. Thanks mate.
>>
>>36495908
Try putting a half glass of water in the microwave with your food. It may help.
>>
>>36503824

...it's times like this i hate being a grill. i work my ass off (1 hr lifting + 1 hour LISS or 30 minutes HIIT a day) just to burn 2200 calories a day. my maintenence is 1650. cutting is hell.

boys have it so much easier when it comes to food.
>>
>>36495946
21 grams of protein for 500 calories. No thanks
>>
>>36495908
You don't give much info other than your problem so here's a fix for dry leftovers that may not help depending on your specific issue:

You need to cook with fats. Having fat in and around the food will prevent it from drying out in the fridge. For example, cook chicken breast and have it be delicious and juicy that day. By day 2 or 3, it's dry and not appealing. Doing the same with thighs has no problems.

With the chicken example, I mix 50/50 thigh meat and breast meat and found it to be ok. The trick is to incorporate and coat the small peices of breast meat in the fatty liquid.

The same can be a applied to most other foods.
>>
>>36503688
Wow great thanks mate that's a real helpful tip
>>
>>36505170
>adding fat to your food so it tastes better
Sounds like a terrible idea if you are cutting
>>
>>36498136

not the guy you're responding to but i am curious - how much oil? and do you like spread over the food or just toss a glob of it into the container?
>>
>>36505644
Just pretend you're a coconut and fart in the container
>>
>>36505654

so a glob then, because i frequently shart
>>
It depends on the food OP. Chicken breasts turn rubbery and taste like shit, fish like cod gets fishier, and rice is completely fucking pointless to prep in advance because if you have a decent rice cooker it takes literally 3 minutes to put the rice and water in.

Why not just do prep three times a week? It's not like you don't have time if you're posting on a Japanese tea ceremony board.
>>
>>36495908
franks red hot sauce
>>
File: Big boss likes.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
Big boss likes.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>36495908
>throw six chicken breasts in the crockpot with veggies and whatever stock base im using.
>have meals for the whole week doing 5-10min of actual prep. then an addition 10-15 min shredding and portioning.
>mfw
>>
>>36505318
It's not. If you can't add fats to your foods under any diet, you are probably either doing a gimmicky diet, are already eating fat from the food, or are eating too much shit food.
>>
>>36495908
>but whenever i reheat my meals in the microwave

That's your fucking problem, microwaves boil the fucking water inside foods and it escapes as steam.

Turn in the oven and reheat it that way.

God forbid you have to wait an extra 5 minutes to eat.
>>
>>36495908
I ran into the same problem, I just add some more water to each container or better cook the rice so that it ends up very moist.

On top of that I put the containers in plastic bags to keep the fridge from sucking all the moisture while they are there. So far it works.
>>
anyone just buy a rotisserie chicken and eat it throughout the week? saw allan do this and im too lazy to cook anyway. Im also from canada where 4 chicken breasts are 10 dollars, also a student, a full chicken is maybe 5 servings at 8$
>>
>>36499617
https://www.myfitnesspal.com
>>
File: 1457736009635.jpg (323KB, 1024x1745px) Image search: [Google]
1457736009635.jpg
323KB, 1024x1745px
>>36506154
>a full chicken is maybe 5 servings
For you.
>>
>>36505854

yeah let me just toss my lunch into the oven at my office.
>>
Do your chicken breasts in a crock pot. This will make them a lot more tender, even if you freeze them after the fact.
>>
Not every meal is good to store. I always make stews or dishes that contain a lot of sauce like curries. I especially recommend stews since they are easy to make, you only need one pot and they taste even better the next day.
>>
>>36495908
>ywn be a sassy, ungrateful little bitch who's bearmode bf prepares all their meals for them in this fashion
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.