[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overtraining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: overtraining-1.jpg (62KB, 620x411px) Image search: [Google]
overtraining-1.jpg
62KB, 620x411px
I read a few times that overtraining doesn't exist because it's just not eating enough.

True or not true and why?

It seems pretty stupid to me not to believe that overtraining exists, when you get certain injuries simply from training too much (fatigue fracture for example), but I like to have me insight.
>>
>>36449959
Overtraining does exist, but it's not something to shy away from. It's good to experience this now and then to understand your body's limits and how to best recover from exercise and stress.

Better than undertraining.
>>
>>36449959
Over training is real but you're very unlikely to reach it unknowingly, and it's more a culmination of things rather than one tough session. If you legitimately did overtrain you could experience excess fatigue, loss of sleep, soreness lasting over 72 hours and some other symptoms. People only say they're scared of over training so they have an excuse to take extra days off, and those people will NEVER over train.

Long story short it's real, it isn't actually that dangerous, and it's not like you'll blow past your limit and die without noticing anything.
>>
>>36449959
It's not true, but it might as well be for beginners and intermediate lifters. You should only worry about overtraining if you're an advanced lifter and 3 hour workouts 6 days a week are normal to you.
>>
Are rest days also a meme ?
>>
>>36451227
No because even though overtraining isn't a huge problem you might still perform less if you're still tired from your last workout therefore more gains so it's better to just wait another day until you do your next workout.
>>
>>36449959
Overtraining is to exercise what a car collision is to driving. If you're new to cars, you might always wonder "omg I hit something" when you're driving... But after you've exercised a car crash, you will never wonder again "am I in a car crash?" Because you'll know.

Over training is like that, when it happens the 99% of your body that isn't your conscious mind effectively sends a "kill -9" to your muscles and you just fall. You can't "tough it out" or "be a man" through it, because that moment, you're just a sack of meat
>>
I did weights the other day , curls , ohp , chest , triceps , n abs. I work in construction , the next day we had to shovel almost all day , felt lazy as fuck and well outta energy. Keep up with it or ? Just curious cuz I have over trained , where you feel a muscle literally about to burst , as if someone is ripping your muscle off.

I'm losing weight from this manual labor, but I wanna get more definition.
>>
>>36451209
overtraining is way worse for beginners. trying to do too much too soon is going to lead to an injury for sure. Wereas an established lifter will have a better idea of their limits and will be more accustomed to heavy work, so they will be more aware when they overtraining and the effects won't as severe.
>>
>>36449959
Overtraining is called damaging your tendons and ligaments
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining
Of course it exists, but you are never going to overtrain. Eating more and sleeping more helps you recover better so yes, it will lower the risk of overtraining.
Overtraining is basically when you're regressing from too much training causing too much fatigue, not when you damage your ligaments or muscles because of bad form or whatever.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.