[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squatting 5x-6x / Week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pat-mendes-310kg-squat1.jpg (68KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
pat-mendes-310kg-squat1.jpg
68KB, 640x430px
Anyone have any experience squatting 6x week and natural?

>John Broz talking about one of his lifters:
His 1RM was 130-35. He got pinned with 140. Within the 11 months he did 210 BS, 185 Fs, snatch 135 C/J 160 cleaned 165.

I am 75kg bw with 120kg 1RM, do you think that I could try this? I also don't understand what weight to do backoff sets at, and when its too much or not enough?

I'd like to know if anyone else has experience with it and recommendations. Also goes for Nuckols' Bulgarian Method pdfs.
>>
pat mendes does not have experience squatting 6x/week natural.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone need to squat 6x a week? I feel like your knees and IT bands would be destroyed.
>>
he got about 80 kilos on his BS in 11 months, means about 7 kilos per month, about 1,8 kg per week. You dont really need a crazy squat-errday program to achieve this.

Tried squatting every day myself, my hip flexors were inflamed after a while, although strength gains were there.
If your body allows you, to do this, without gradually getting fucked up, no reason not to.
>>
>>36449797
Actually I didn't think about it like that. Thats a good point.
>>
>>36449741

that's such a beautiful squat
>>
>>36449797
cont.

The chance of your body not being able to handle the continous stress is quite high though.

Work up to a daily double/triple/single (as heavy as possible, without compromising form, or if you want to go easy on that day: speed of the rep)

Do this for a few weeks, until your body adapts to this kind of training. No need for backoffsets, yet. Starting out, you will feel like shit, and not wanting to lift, just by maxing out every day.

Once you have adapted, you can start incorporating backoffsets, like triples at 80% of your daily max, or singles at the max weight, in case you set yourself the speed restriction. Just to name a few options.
>>
don't want to make a thread for this question so ill ask it here,

should you be doing paused squats when you can only squat 200? same goes with power snatches, should you have a certain amount of strength?
>>
File: 1456969056622.jpg (33KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1456969056622.jpg
33KB, 480x359px
>>36449741
>Anyone have any experience squatting 6x week and natural?

Yes. I've done squatting and pressing up to 7x per week for months in succession.

It's not sustainable year round, but it's not supposed to be.

Blocks of high frequency are great for getting strong quick. Also, each session is short, so you can be in and out fast.

High frequency took my squat from 510 to 550 the first time, then to 570 the second time I ran it (bw 214).

If you adapt to it gradually, it's a fun way to train. Do it after a traditional volume base, and try "peaking" for a meet after a month or two.
>>
I did it for 1 week with 100kg. I started only being able to do 3 reps and ended with 10 reps as my PR. However, I got lower back pain the next week. This may have been due to improper overhead press form though since I also did OHP every day.
>>
Doesn't based Clarence back squat every single day, despite fucked up knees?

don't think he's natty tho
>>
>>36449741
As far as I know John Broz' lifters have been tested positive several times.

I've tried Nuckol's approach. It killed my joints. Probably just me having shit technique though.

I recommend Dan John and Pavel's approach "Even Easier Strength" if you want to try out some high frequency lifting. It has worked well for me in the past.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.