[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /fit/ smoke weed? If so, how does it affect your motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: weed-final.jpg (293KB, 2300x1533px) Image search: [Google]
weed-final.jpg
293KB, 2300x1533px
Does /fit/ smoke weed? If so, how does it affect your motivation or just you in general?
>>
Nah, that shit puts me to sleep. I drink, do shrooms sometimes and do mdma at festivals and some concerts.
>>
>>36440988
Yup. Seriously, there is nothing better than the feeling of soreness post-workout combined with getting high. Shit, it makes me want to work out just to experience the combo.
>>
>>36441023
Are you me?

But yeah OP, weed does make you a lazy faggot, so just be smart about when you smoke it.
>>
>>36440988
only dopes do dope. have fun with your ptsd
>>
I was high for abt two years, then I stopped dating smokers and slowly went from smoking daily to once a week to maybe once a month. Lately I can't take more than one hit w/o getting supreme anxiety/paranoia....its literally not even fun anymore. Am I ever gonna get that back?
>>
>>36440988
used to but wasnt liftan atta time
>>
used to, but haven't since summer

initially, it made me really anxious and hella guilty about all of my bad habits and helped me want to kick my ass into gear and improve everything.

after a few years it became so normal that i no longer reaped the hyper-motivation benefits.

long story short, shit happened half a year ago and i haven't smoked since. thinking about it, though.
>>
>>36440988
Eeyup. Smoke before and after workouts, feel it helps me get those last few reps out, and I don't want to blow my brains out running for a half hour on a treadmill.
>it also helps my asthma
>>
>>36441370
same, even a toke anymore can set of extreme panic/anxiety for me, when did your start? mine started out of nowhere when i was a regular smoker
>>
>>36440988
i work, exercise and eat healthy mon-fri
smoke some fridays and saturdays when chilling with friends.
does not affect my gains or motivation.
i used to smoke more regularly though and yea then it affected motivation mos def
>>
>>36442275
Different anon. I like to share stories.

Started for me when I turned 18, also fairly regular smoker before that. I was so paranoid that I called my mom to take me away from the city because I was afraid of nuclear radiation, kek. Some hours later she bought some ballin' butter chicken from some tandoori place and I felt better.

I get panic attacks ever since that first time though - smoking too much does it; I become aware of my heart beating quickly and it fucks me up. I get them sober too though. Lost my sense of hearing during one once. Been hospitalized for it but no brain problem so I'm just a bit of a hypochondriac.
>>
I have a small problem concerning my friend.

He is studying with me in uni, he's tried coke with his friends a month ago and i think he's too hooked on it. It has been only a month of usage, but now he's wasted all his money on it, he stole his gfs money from her wallet (as she told me), as i understand from context he's taking it from his dealer promising to give money back later.
I tried talking to him, but he assures me it's "under control", at the same time he tells me he wants/craves more. I've seen him do with his friends many times, he maybe understands it's wrong, he keeps pressuring me to try it (maybe he doesn't want to go down with the ship alone), but i refuse for obvious reasons.
I'm really not sure, neither me or his gf can influence him (he keeps lying to her and swears he doesn't do it). This is getting ugly and pretty fast.

And advice how to solve this situation?
>>
>>36443017
Keep your nose out of it from this point.

You tried, that's all you can do. Don't baby him.
>>
>>36440988
Just about every day. If you let it happen, you will lose yourself in marijuana just like any other substance. But if you have the courage and will to self-reflect on how it's effecting you and your life, you will be better armed against the negative side effects.

Don't use it as a crutch to handle life, use it to improve your leisure that you've earned with a sound mind. When you start to self-medicate that's when you've shit the bed and you need to reassess your situation.
>>
I used to smoke right before id leave for my runs. Myheart rate would climb so i wouldnt be drowsy and then the high settled in and i swear i could coast for miles. Then when your head clears the runners high sets in. Good day. Used to lift while slightly high too. Great times. Some people cant smoke and exercise and some can.
>>
>>36443017

Consider an intervention, involve his family. If not: Cut ties. Let it run its course, some people don't learn until they hit rock bottom. Tell people not to lend him money or enable him.
>>
>>36441075
Wrong, weed makes you a more docile version of whatever you usually are, be it a lazy faggot or a motivated autist.
>>
Been smoking every day for about 5 years now. I used to spend all day and every opportunity smoking but I've slowed down to pretty much one bowl by myself before bed now.
>>
>>36443227
Weed affects everyone differently, and different strands of Weed affect everyone differently. There's too much "No, it does this!" black and white nonsense. It's a mind altering substance that can open any avenue of your mind if you let it.
>>
Smoked from ~13-21 currently 21 and have stopped though time to grow up I only do Coke now
>>
>>36443052
Couldn't agree more.

Also a daily smoker but I have a good job, house, husbando - it's just something I do, not my life. Most of the people I know are the same - smoke every day but it's just something they do.

Introspection is the key - every once in a while I'll look back and think, "Did I need that bowl or want to smoke it?" I travel a bunch for work so when I'm on the road I don't smoke, so maybe I'm not a daily smoker.

Just don't let it become everything and it's fine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.