[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does creatine do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: prd_creatine_powder.jpg (46KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
prd_creatine_powder.jpg
46KB, 300x270px
What does creatine do?
>>
>>36438983
Why don't you google it and find out, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>36438998
Don't ever post in my thread again.
>>
The short, bro-science version is that it helps your muscles store more energy, so that, in theory, you can grind out a few more reps in the gym.

It's already present in your body from food in small amounts. Taking it as a supplement just saturates your muscles with more of it.
>>
>>36438983
makes you bald
>>
>>36438983
It doesn't matter because it is an anabolic steroid and you shouldn't use it if you want to stay natty. If you want to become a roid raging musclehead with small testicles, use it.
>>
Makes you stronger. One of the few legal supplements that actually works.
>>
>>36438983
Adds water weight, you'll look bigger.
>>36439022
topkek
>>
>>36438999
Don't ever talk to me or my wife's son again.
>>
>>36438983
What does the Internet do?
>>
Science doesn't really know except that it helps your muscles
>>
>>36439047
Ruins lives
>>
>>36438983
It took my recovery from 3 days down to 2.

p.s. I am an old fag.
>>
Creatine does a lot of stuff.

One of the things it does, and the one everybody focuses on when talking about supplementation, is it catalyzes the conversion of ADP to ATP, but that's unlikely to be the reason creatine improves performance because most of the time generating ATP is not a limiting factor. This is backed up by supplementation studies that find creatine does not help endurance athletes.

Another thing creatine does is increase cellular osmotic pressure. This is probably beneficial because it brings nutrients and hormones into the cells.

Studies have also shown that creatine increases production of testosterone and IGF-I, and decrease myostatin. Nobody is quite sure what the pathways are for all of this. But it seems to be the body taking lots of creatine as evidence that things are going OK nutritionally, so it's safe spend resources building muscle.
>>
File: dont talk to me.jpg (135KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dont talk to me.jpg
135KB, 800x800px
>>36438999
>>
>>36439054
http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/the-three-metabolic-energy-systems
Read Phosagen
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.