[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 35

File: 1445927780065.jpg (28KB, 394x391px) Image search: [Google]
1445927780065.jpg
28KB, 394x391px
New thread, last one hit bump limit.

I'll start with a stupid question:
Buying clothes right now, how much should I expect my chest to increase? And how fast? Pretty DYEL right now, with 34 chest and i want to be sure if I should buy medium or small. Small- 35-38, and Medium- 38-41
>>
when power cleaning, does the bar sorta bounce of mid to high thigh? it always looks that way.
>>
Does bouncing on this dickkk count as a full rep?!
>>
Any idea for /diy/ plate holders guys?
I`v just finished building my own homegym and all Im missing is a plate holder
>>
>>36428768
buy one bitch
>>
>>36429097
They don't sell many stuff in thirdworldistan.
>>
So I lift and also work manual labor, which has never really been a problem before, but a couple days ago I woke up with a sharp pain in my back, right below my right shoulder blade. A day later, it advanced into a burning pain and now there's no pain or burning, just a tingling sensation. It's also tender when I run my fingers over that spot, but there's no bruise or anything on the skin. Is it a pinched nerve or something? Should I stop lifting for a few days?
>>
How the fug do you actually get defined abs? I've been doing leg lifts for ages and see barely any improvement. Should I get one of those meme ab wheels?
>>
>>36428257
How to break a bench stall?

All my lifts have been going up for 3x5 except for bench, what do?
>>
Does leaving the plate on the bar could bent him?
>>
>>36429155
planks ya dip
>>
How do i build shoulders?
>>
>>36429254
With Legos
>>
File: 1457940587694.jpg (106KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1457940587694.jpg
106KB, 600x612px
>>36428257
Is it bad to consume the same foods every day?
I've been more or less (maybe 2-3 days a week I'll have 1-2 meals in that aren't what I usually eat) having the same thing each day for close to a year now, and the worst I've read is that it can be bad for your gut bacteria. Generally, this is what I eat every day:

BREAKFAST:
100g oats with 250ml whole milk,
2 bananas ~120g each,
4 boiled eggs,
a mug of green tea (decent tea not the shit made from roots),
500mg vitamin C
& 5000iu of vitamin D

LUNCH:
420g baked beans
& 100g of peanuts

POST WORKOUT:
100g oats,
30g whey
& 5g creatine

DINNER:
100g oats with 250ml whole milk,
2 pieces of toast with ~20g natty peanut butter per slice,
100g green beans,
100g peas,
50g broccoli,
50g brussels sprouts
& a ~100g carrot

BEFORE BED:
Two 125g cans of sardines in tomato sauce,
a ~250ml glass of milk,
30mg Zinc,
2-300mg Magnesium

Obviously as I have gained weight, there used to be lower amounts of food. I have used oats and milk to gradually up the calories and protein accordingly. I don't think I'm deficient in any vitamins/minerals with what I've been eating and I haven't been sick in the past year or felt particularly run down, but I still can't be sure what I'm eating is entirely safe for the long term. The main thing that I think I need to change is to include more foods in my daily diet with proven anti inflammatory enzymes in them that are more or less ONLY found in these particular foods. (pic related)
>>
What is the best type and brand of creatine? I've read micronized creatine monohydrate but wanted some /fit/ perspective. I haven't found anything on brands
>>
File: CRON-O-Meter.png (77KB, 574x812px) Image search: [Google]
CRON-O-Meter.png
77KB, 574x812px
>>36429530
Here is my Chronometer:
routune was SS for ~ 6 months, and have been doing Texas Method since mid Febuary
>>
>>36429530
You have all your macros. Just get more fruits and veggies of different colors to get your micros in. As long as you take a multivitamin you won't be malnourished and if you're worried about gut flora just take a probiotic
>>
>>36429254
I find standing OHP and reverse pec deck work all heads of the shoulder pretty well.
>>
>>36429203
Have you taken a deload week?
>>
>>36429155
So when you do leg raises you keep your spine straight right? That's wrong. When you raise your legs without bending your spine you are working psoas major. The function of your abs is to flex the spine. Look it up on exrx for more, they have good diagrams and it's under their ab workouts
>>
>>36429138
I'd take time off lifting. Injuries tend to compound and add up if you push it. Better to take a week off than be forced to take a few months off
>>
Assuming you're eating three chocolate bars, is it "healthier" for you to eat them all:
>over 2 hours
>over 24 hours
>over 48 hours
and yes obviously it's better for you not to eat them at all
>>
beginner lifter here

My bench is absolutely pathetic. I feel extremely weak even doing 80 lbs. How the hell do I get it up to standards and on track with the rest of my lifts?
>>
I injured my shoulder a while ago and it's playing up again.

If I skip shoulder exercises how badly messed up will my proportions be
>>
I'm currently doing three sets of five. Should I be just about to fail at the end of each set, or about to fail at the end of the third set only?
>>
So I want a custom-ish workout plan. I'm thinking of dividing into 3 to 5 muscle groups and doing 2 to 4 exercises for each. As an example, one group would be back, and the exercises would be deadlift, chin ups, and rows.

What's the best way to divy this up? And for anyone who answers, explaining why would be cool too.
>>
>>36429254
Lots of heavy overhead and push presses.
Lots of side lateral raise (form is more important than weight, but stick to 6-12 rep)

I recommend doing 1-2 low rep sets for strength, then dropping down to 8-10 reps for 2 sets for high volume.
Then after you finish the last set, drop by 10lb and go AMRAP, then keep doing that until you are AMRAP with the empty bar.

Shit made my delts explode.

Also with side lateral raise, I do similar dropsetting until you are getting a pump from bodyweight side lateral raises.
Cuban presses are a good variation of side laterals.

You should need to do rear delt isolation if your routine balanced.

Pull up - ohp
Bench - row

Is balanced enough
>>
>>36429734
How long have you been lifting? Also, weight/height.

>>36429772
You could probably get by with as much as a month off and be fine, and anyway, temporarily fucked up proportions is better than a (semi)permanently fucked up shoulder, which leads to (semi)permanently and much more fucked up proportions. Besides that, usual fare, stretch a lot, massage it, warm stuff, etc.
>>
>>36429827
Imo do a full body split.

Kinda like greyskull.
Ex.
Bench
Chin-up
Deadlift

Ohp
Row
Squat

Treat it like starting strength for progression.

You can alternate squats with hip thrusts for ultimate glute gains
>>
>>36429839
>You should need to do rear delt isolation if your routine balanced.
Shouldn't**
>>
>>36429795
Each set.
Rest between sets to repeat the effort
>>
>>36428768
Stack weights on ground.

Bedroom gym masterrace here, I literally keep my weights under my bed
>>
>>36429851
I've heard nothing but good things about greyskull, but, that being said, is there a reason that a full body split is better than an arms—>legs—>back—>core repeat? I'd really like to give each group a long enough recovery time since I plan to be in the gym at least 5 days a week.
>>
Is there any proof of Alex Viada being as strong or as fast as he says he is?
>>
>>36429886
Muscle frequency.

Training each muscle 3x a week is more efficacious that's 2x or 1x a week.

At least as a natty, and ESPECIALLY as a novice.

But Greg o Gallagher recommends 3x week fulllbody for even advanced lifter who are natty, and he looks fantastic.

Basically every program written by a professional is ok, unless they did roids.

The only roider worth listening to as a natty is Dorian Yates
>>
>>36429886
2 days a week when you go in the gym, do anaerobic cardio (barbell complexes) instead of lifting.
>>
File: sexy beast.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
sexy beast.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
My chest has been one of my main focus points ever since I started working out. My lower pec and the side of my pec all seems to have grown, but it's like my upper-pec hasn't gotten any mass. The chest exercises I do is:

Bench press
Incline Flyers
Low to high cable flyers

Any suggestions? Pic related, it's where my mass is missing.
>>
>>36429622
Doesn't really matter.

Weekly caloric deficit is just as relevant as daily caloric deficit.
>>
What protein powder brand tastes the least like you're drinking protein powder?
>>
>>36429912
Worry more about building a bigger chest than shaping the chest.

The shape will come with the mass.

If you can bench more than 2pl8 try doing GVT or something
>>
>>36429937
Idk, but sixstar is the cheapest stuff at Walmart,has a good rating on labdoor, and I think it tastes alright
>>
>>36429939
m8 can't even bench 1pl8
>>
>>36429912

Push-ups
Pull-overs.
>>
>>36429944
Hahaha definitely jump on a novice program, and build some strength.

It is hard to bench 225x10 and not have a decent chest.

Your chest looks weird because it is microscopic.
Shape will come as you actually grow pectoral muscles.

Also stop with your bro split-tier routine. That is for intermediate lifters. you need 3x5 bench
>>
>>36429955
go away DYEL

Shoo shoo
>>
>>36428257
I was thinking of stalling my squat intentionally to bring up my other lifts (Bench press/OHP). I want to do this because I want a symmetrical body and my squat is my strongest lift. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>36429974
Just replace squats with hip thrust imo.

Overdeveloped glutes are unpossible.

That is what I have done ever since ,y thighs started chafing when pumped
>>
>>36429550
cut salt
>>
File: 1448163540259.jpg (92KB, 628x555px) Image search: [Google]
1448163540259.jpg
92KB, 628x555px
Could doing front squats be fucking up my bench press? I'm new to the lift and fear the way it rest on my shoulders is messing me up
>>
how many percent of my 4x6 can I do for 3x12? 70-80 %?
>>
Hey. I know there might be a calculator online for this but I cant find it for the life of me. Im 142 pounds. 5 foot 5 turbo manlet on a cut. How light should i go before a bulk? Im thinking 130
>>
File: Biceps_shoulder_condition.jpg (21KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
Biceps_shoulder_condition.jpg
21KB, 500x324px
>>36430105
no but watch out for the intertubercular groove where the tendon passes. You may pinch it under the weight.
>>
How important is sleep for making gains?
>>
>>36430568
a lot

hormones influence every aspect of recovery and sleep deprivation can make it loopy
>>
Very new to lifting, been at it for 4 months now so I'm very weak but...unweighted lateral raises take way more effort than I think they should.

I raised my arms in the bathroom to make a jesus pose in the mirror for fun but I noticed I had to put forth a little bit of effort just to get my arms up. Perplexed by this I started doing reps of lifting my arms up and got up to 30 before I wanted to take a break. Are my delts just insanely weak?

Right now I'm at a 80lbs OHP so I feel like my delts shouldn't be rehab tier
>>
I'm finding it really difficult to go hard on my pendlay rows (bent over rows). With squats I can load up and really go for it, but with my rows I can do one good rep at a high weight then the rest I can't bring up to my chest if you know what I mean. Should I just deal with it?
>>
>>36430726
delts are 3 parts anterior/lateral and posterior

your lateral movements probably weak as shit cause its not a natural movement someone who does not lft does often vs OHP like motion
>>36430996
if you feel you need to isolate those muscles do inverted rows as a remedial workout
>>
After a while of fucking with Greyskull I've decided to return to SS. Low-bar squats and deads on the same day seem a bit too much for my lower back though.

Is it wise to do front squats on that day and do low-bar on the other?
>>
I never really worked out in my life.

I'm a 5'7" and weigh 125 pounds.

Is it worth going to the gym for someone like me, or should I work out at home at first? This is something my friend is telling me to do and he's saying that working in the gym with machines ,when I never worked out seriously in my life, would be the worst thing I could do. Is he correct or wrong?
>>
>>36431413
He's very much wrong, and he sounds uninformed. As long as you do your research, you're better off in the gym, every time.
>>
I have a problem cumming. On my own I can manage but i start losing my erection towards the end. With my gf it stays hard but I can never relax enogh to cum. Iv stopped getting random boners and iv stopped jacking off for about 2 days but it's made no difference. Should I stop jacking it for an entire week and see what happens or just go to the doctors?
>>
>>36431436
So I wont be fucking myself over by going on machines from the start? The concern he had is that I have zero core or something and I wont be able to handle a workout in the gym and even if I did, it will be very detrimental.

Then again I don't want to take his word for it fully, but that's why i'm asking here.

I guess I should go to the gym and actually find a trainer or something. They should be able to help me and give me basic routine advice for my type of body, right?
>>
>>36431568
I was seriously weak when I started going and it is a huge struggle but weights will be better than machines anyday. Just make sure you start off on small weights
>>
>>36431568
When I first started I was so weak that halfway through the trainer showing me all the equipment and exercises I got dizzy and had to stop and sit down for a few minutes. He recommended eating and waiting around 90 minutes before working out and that helped.

Hope you enjoy your free invisible watermelons, I know I did.
>>
I want to buy jeans but I feel fat as fuck when I wear them. I have muscular thighs so my thighs are big but all jeans that have extra room in thighs have a shit calf fit and are loose as fuck and boot cut down there. Slim/Skinny are too skin tight to my thighs. What do?
>>
When I do incline dumbbell press I feel like I'm using triceps way more than pecs
What do?
forearms are perpendicular to the floor, elbows are slightly less than perpendicular to torso because of bad shoulders
>>
I think I should start taking Test. I've been depressed for years, lost interest in loads of things I used to like, and recently took a blood test, told me my test was 11.

I don't want to get it prescribed, as I don't want it on my record, officially, that I'm being prescribed any form of medication.

I reckon I'm just cook it myself. It's apparently not that difficult.

Does anyone have any links to information about the effects of taking testosterone on the human body?
>>
Hi!
I have been doing squats, and my lower back feels immediatly sore afterwards. Should I stop doing them? or is my technique the problem? I noticed that my back was a bit shaky during my last reps
>>
While I add weight to my lifts while cutting? Ive been lifting for 1 year firstly i cut a lot then did a small bulk now will cut again for summer so no noob gains like previous cut.
>>
Is it necessary to train abs to get abs if your routine has squats and deadlifts?
>>
>>36431851
Your technique is shit, lower the weight and take some form check videos.
>>
How do I chose the belt I buy other than from thickness? Any brands I should look out for? I live in Albania so Im looking at ebay and amazon not elitefts or all those powerlifting sites cause they dont ship here.
>>
>>36431902
if your goals is to get abs you should do more accessory work
>>
I've started and stopped starting strength 3 times. Should I start again or do something else. I just want to look decent...
>>
>>36431902
the idea that squats and deadlifts train your core is a meme
Yes, you engage your core when you do those lifts but it doesn't compare to actual core work
>>
File: Belt.jpg (91KB, 1000x666px)
Belt.jpg
91KB, 1000x666px
>>36431920
I have pic related from Rogue; it's great
Overall just make sure the belt you get is equally wide the whole way around. The belts with a huge back pad are basically useless
>>
>>36431792
Levi's athletic fit jeans. Idk the number but they're god-tier for big quads
>>
>>36431792
Look for jeans with a so-called tapered fit.

>>36431817
Do an exercise immediately before each set of presses where you do get a good pec contraction e.g. on the pec dec. The goal is not to fatigue the muscle, only to activate it.

>>36431835
Sounds like there's a lot of things wrong with you and test isn't going to solve it.

>>36431890
You can still gain strength but it will be slower. You may need to utilize a program with a more advanced progression scheme.

>>36431955
Set short- and long-term goals for yourself, and they must be in accordance with the SMART criteria. Google it.
>>
>>36431997
Test guy here.

The reason I had thought test would solve it, is because both of those problems are symptoms of low test.
>>
>>36432045
what is you lifting status because an increase in test is an adaptation from lifting.

unless you have been lifting for awhile and still seeing no changes in test level then maybe.

test isn't a lolmagic shot

you're throwing hormonal balance out of the norm then your body tries to counter act it.
>>
For you guys that are doing SL and gyming, what's your full routine when you go in?

Do you just go in, do your lifts and go? Are you doing any supplemental lifting, cardio, etc. or is that literally it?

My progression so far is aggravating, to say the least. My bench press is unbelievably low. I'm been working in pull-ups and dips on my off-days from the program but not seeing much traction.
>>
>>36432143
YNDTP YA SHIT
also weighted dips fgt
>>
>>36432045
No longer being interested in things you used to enjoy is simply a symptom of clinical depression. And the chance that your depression is due to having low testosterone is very slim.
Get your depression treated like any normal person rather than focusing on a single random thing that probably doesn't have anything to do with it
>>
>>36431916
okay thanks will do
>>
>>36432157
No comprende YNDTP, but I'll google shit.

And I can't even dip at body weight yet, bro.
>>
>>36432157
>>36432196
Nevermind, YNDTP makes sense. I'm in ketosis and not hitting calories.
>>
is this ottermode?
>>
>>36432298
dyel mode for now
>>
Where should I row in my gym ?

I always feel like an autist about this.
I start doing squats in a rack and if it's not too full instead of walking through the gym to the bench press area, I'll pull a bench into the rack and bench press in there.

But I dont know what to do when rowing. I feel like a tool rowing in a squatrack, same if I go to the bencharea and sit on a bench inbetween sets with the bb on the ground because I'm rowing.
And there's always a few guys doing heavy deads/oly lifts in the weightlfting area, I'd feel stupid doing rowsthere, even tho there's always 1-2 platforms free.

Doing it in some empty space around feels wroing, also fuck carrying around a BB and weights. And the curlarea has some fixed weight barbells, but the ones I could use always happen to be in use or I stand in the way of people rowing between benches with other guys doing curl variations.
>>
Greetings, quick question: I'm on a full body workout monday, wednesday and friday, with tuesdays and saturdays cardio only. Would it make mich of a difference it I die my ab work (planks and leg raises) in the cardio days? Time forces me to cut my workout short, and I could keep doing everything I want to. Pros/cons? Ans difference? Cheers
>>
File: 1456769396328.png (1MB, 765x1024px)
1456769396328.png
1MB, 765x1024px
How heavy you have to be to look like you lift at 6'1/185cm height if you're within an 'acceptable' range of bodyfat (12-16%)?
Around 90 or 95kg?
>>
Noob here
Just how fast should you bench?
This guy Omar Isuf on Youtube said reps should be fast,is it true?
>>
>>36432814
Wether you do them fast/slow do them controlled.

there's no point in doing "fast" bench press, when all you do is letting the weight fall on your chest to bounce it back up.
>>
>>36432674
185cm 90kg is already overweight. If you're at a healthy bodyfat range and overweight on bmi, then you should already look like you lift.
>>
>>36432425
Unless it's affecting your recovery, it shouldn't be a big deal.

>>36432391
Rowing in an open space where your gym allows weights to touch the ground should be fine. My gym actually encourages barbell rows in the power cage since that's where all the protective padding is.

>>36431186
You can follow SS with something other than low bar squat. Rip advocates low bar style but you can still progress linearly with high bar or even front if necessary.

>>36430393
Drop to sub 15% bodyfat, preferably closer go 10-12.

>>36430327
Test for it.

>>36429541
Any sort of creatine monohydrate from a reputable brand will work fine.
>>
File: 1457179014282.png (340KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1457179014282.png
340KB, 640x1136px
>>36431997
cutting guy here. I did a variation of TM for like 1.5 months after too much of SL 5x5. How exactly do I modify this for cutting? Should I switch to a different routine or just make some changes to this?
>>
>>36429571
I did when I moved back to altitude. Should I really have to deload at 190lbs 3x5?
>>
Sometimes I get a sudden sharp pain that emanates from my spine in the middle back. I think it's from squatting or deadlifting, I have good form though. What is?

Currently have terrible headache and stomach because I was super hungry and ate a lot. Wtf?
>>
I've been prescribed metranadizole for infection. I've read that it can have some pretty gross side-effects. Has anyone noticed a decrease in exercise tolerance?
>>
>>36429845
Never replied because it was getting late last night. Only been lifting about 3 weeks. Currently about 198 and 5'11"
>>
>>36433565
>How do I know what size barbells I should buy
Depends on how serious you are about it. If you just want to exercise a bit every now and then over the next 6 months and then lose motivation, I guess you can just get the cheapest crap you can find.
If you want to see some serious results you shouldn't skimp on equipment. Get a proper Olympic barbell. Either a powerlifting bar or a multi-purpose one. Buy nice, don't buy twice.

With that in mind, in my opinion it's a hell of a lot smarter to first figure out what your goals are and how you're going to achieve them, and only THEN you can know what equipment you'll need - Rather than going out and buying some random shit and then trying to figure out what the hell to do with it afterwards.
>>
>>36428257
How many times should I go to the gym? I've got a plan that acts on different muscle groups:
Legs-Tricepts-Abs (Sit ups and inverse crunch)
Chest-Bicepts-Abs (Sit ups and Crunch)
Lats-Shoulders-Abs (Sit ups)

This week I planned to go every day and I know I did something stupid, but I needed to vent off some steam due to recent personal problems.
Still, I can't figure out how many times and the days I should go.
Does this sound good to you people?
Monday (Legs-Tricepts)
Thursday (Chest Bicepts)
Wednesday OFF
Thursday (Lats and Shoulders)
Friday Off
Saturday (Legs-Tricepts)
>>
>>36433722
Reading the sticky would be good for you.
>>
is it worth taking cheap fish oil gels?
>>
I drank a lot yesterday about 10-12 beers but stopped around 10pm

I feel fine today but im wondering if the after effects of booze will hurt my workout tonight (i would go around 8-9pm). like are my t levels too low or some shit so the workout is pointless?

should i postpone this to tm morning?
>>
>>36433746
I can't seem to find the answer for the question I've asked.
>>
Are superset a and dropsets any good? What are the pros and cons of each compared to normal sets with rest periods? Should supersets be done with nearby muscle groups? Do you rest between dropsets?
>>
Am I /fit/ if I have epilepsy?
>>
>>36433777
Jesus christ man, that's a lot of beer calories.

I mean, you might just be hung over, but it isn't going to help your workout at all. Don't drink that much.
>>
>>36433756
yeah, sometimes the cheap ones are just as good. Costco has good, cheap ones as does the vitamin Shoppe (store brands)
>>
On a cut and no longer want to have cheat days. Instead how does this sound: I have one un calculated day a week consisting of only 'clean' foods. No binging. I just eat when I want till satisfied. The next day if I happened to go a bit overboard, just eat less that day and move on. Just the fact it's uncalculated and unrestricted calorie wise I think it would act as a placebo and I may even end up eating less that day if that makes sense. Opinions?
>>
>>36433722
>tricepts
>bicepts
>>
Just starting out, is there something I can do with dumbbells to replace the bench press? There is only one bench at my local cheapo gym and I hate standing there looking like an idiot to wait my turn.
>>
>>36433996
I also have this question. My gym only has 5 lb and 75 lb weights because spics stole them all and I'm like somewhere between.
>>
File: random numbers.gif (1MB, 191x282px)
random numbers.gif
1MB, 191x282px
>>36433454
>>36429734
halp plz
>>
>>36433865
I'm telling you to read the sticky because it's obvious that there are many fundamental things that you do not understand at the moment. You can do yourself a favour and read it (and you'll probably be able to answer your own question), or you can doom yourself to fuck around for a year until you lose motivation and quit.
Your choice really.
>>
Anyone have any experience with powerhouse gym? Looking to get out of planet fatness and I don't want to spend a shitton going to anytime.
>>
>>36433932
i know but it was paddys

i mean the last drop i had was 10pm and plan to work out at 9pm so like 24 hours later. is this enough time of rest to have a proper workout, like it wont be pointless? or should i just do it tm?
>>
I have no issue getting out of the hole while squatting. However, I get halfway up and then feel like I'm hitting a wall, and then I fall forward slightly and have to correct my form mid lift. It is only really at this point I notice that my glutes kick in and I get my shit together and the bar up.

Is this down to possibly not activating my glutes fully? I squeeze my ass like there's tomorrow when I'm coming out of the hole, but only once I hit this wall that I actually feel the squeeze.

Squats are high bar, if that matters.
>>
HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT FOR PEOPLE TO PLACE THE WEIGHTS CORRECTLY

I just joined a new gym, and while it's convenient, a good price, and usually not hopelessly overcrowded, but the weights are always stacked full-retard.

Just yesterday I saw a squat rack with 7 45 plates on the left, a 25 over a bunch of 5's, and intermixed 10s and 25s.

Like, what the fuck is wrong with people.
>>
>>36434052
>However, I get halfway up and then feel like I'm hitting a wall, and then I fall forward slightly
> fall forward slightly

Sounds like a form issue and you're not squatting with flat soles. Do you squat with running shoes or a similar thing?
>>
>>36433865
your routine is awful. like holocaust bad

do this:

Workout A:
Back Squats 5×5
Chin-Ups 5×5
Dips or Bench Press 5×5
Barbell Curls 2×10
dumbbell underhand wrist curls 2×10
seated calf raises 2×15-20

Workout B:
Deadlifts 2x5
Rows 5×5
overhead press 5×5
dips 5x5
dumbbell overhand wrist curls 2×10
standing calf raises 2×15-20
curls 2x10
>>
So I've been cutting lately on about 1000 cals per day. But on Wednesday all I ate was a bowl of cereal and I wasn't hungry. Then yesterday, I just ate a handful of pretzels. Today I still wasn't hungry but I ate a big breakfast anyway.
What's going on? I don't feel hunger anymore or what
>>
>>36433996
You don't have to wait. You can just ask to "work in". Basically he does a set, you do a set, he does a set etc. Also a good way to get to know the other guy, which makes it a more pleasant experience to be at the gym.

Other than that you have plenty of options: dumbbell presses, dips and push-up variations mainly. Just don't try to do something like Starting Strength if you can't actually get to bench press.

>>36434052
Sounds like it's pretty much the normal sticking point that gets you. You may just be handling weights that are a bit too heavy for you.

However if you are falling forward it can be a bunch of things. It can be the quads that are weak causing the ass to shoot up. It can also simply be poor balance. You can try putting something solid under the middle of your feet so your toes and the end of your heels are floating - that way you have to keep the weight over midfoot or you'll notice it immediately.
>>
>>36434021
I understand, I will give it a good read.
>>36434076
What do you mean by bad? It wasn't even made by me, it was made by the trainer at my gym.
>>
>>36432913
>Any sort of creatine monohydrate from a reputable brand will work fine.
What constitutes a reputable brand? I've never bought any supplements other than Centrum multivitamins. I get all my protein from food and am just starting on creatine.
>>
Is it ok do to squats every other workout, as opposed to every workout as in SS?
>>
If I'm on a synthetic steroid that comes in pill form, am I still a fraud?
>>
I'm around 225 pounds, 6 foot. I used to be in decent shape a year or so ago before I graduated high school, I was lifting everyday and doing sports. I've gotten somewhat fatter but not like super fat. I'm not tracking calories, or really my weight, but I was literally eating fast food twice a day or so, and would barely workout. I'm running 4-5 times a week and lifting 3 times, and have cut out fast food. I've been eating chicken rice and vegetables, and sometimes whatever my dad has made for dinner. Since my eating habits were so shit before, will this be sufficient? I feel wayyy better. I'm running about a nine minute mile down from about 11:30 a week ago. General tips would be appreciated. Hoping I didn't give myself gyno also.
>>
>>36434140
No, just fucking do squats.
>>
Hey so I posted earlier but have a similar question in general for alcohol consumption.

Do you think it is better to workout the day after drinking around 8-9pm or wait until the following day.

Lets say you feel totally fine, at that point is it ok to workout at night or does the night before drinking negate the workout?
>>
>>36434158
It doesn't matter when you do it, you already ruined your diet by consuming 10 beers.

Don't drink that much.
>>
>>36433966
i bought some natures bounty fish oils and wondering if they're any good.. dunno if i should just return them or get the costco ones instead
>>
I've always posted on Craigslist for kicks. But now that I'm fit, instead of just old fat gay guys and sex workers responding, I'm also getting responses from chubby 40+ women that want to "touch all over my gorgeous body."

I'm tempted /fit. I've been having the same pussy for 15 years.

Wat do?
>>
>>36434178
You'll regret harpooning whales.
>>
>>36434158
I have no basis for this but I find working out on the day you drink and then taking a rest day tomorrow is the best for me
>>
>>36434070

I squat in chucks, so the soles are completely flat.

>>36434114

I'm trying to bulk from skelly, so you may be right on the 'too heavy' front.

I'll squat that weight again next time rather than adding more, and really take the time to make sure I'm getting my form perfect while warming up.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>36434190
So wait until husbando-mode and can get higher quality pussy? My face and personality is a 3 or 4 so can't set my sights too high. I'm already nailing my wife who is morbidly obese.
>>
I do sets of 8 given I use dumbbells at home but I'm struggling with 8 reps of squats. Should I go down to 3x5 or simply deload?
>>
>>36434173
im 21 in college on st paddys im going to get some beers in me.

what the point of the gains in general if you cant show em off to drunk college chicks

the question i wanted to know isnt if its bad for me. i want to know the best route to mitigate the damage.

>>36434195
even if i do the workout at night? it would have been 24 hrs since i took booze into me. IDK i just feel like i can do it tonight, i just dont want to get less gains tn than if i do it tm (then again that means delaying other workouts)
>>
>>36434131
what you're doing is called a split, you work one body part per week. it's what advanced bodybuilders do. what you need to focus on is gaining strength. the routine I have you build strength, but you also have some nice aesthetics at the end of the routine and you get to leave with a nice pump

watch videos on how to squat, deadlift and bench press. untamed strength has really good videos on YouTube, highly recommend
>>
>>36434257
Just don't get smashed often. If you're serious about making it, make it an occasional thing, or stick to liquor. Less calories.

I would also advise taking a rest day after drinking a lot.
>>
>>36434217
I personally would try to avoid cheating on my wife and try to patch things up if you haven't done that. If you two were to divorce she'll take you to the cleaners financially. If you two have kids you're especially fucked.

Assuming you have done that and the situation is hopeless, either get a divorce and go out and fuck or just go out and fuck and don't get caught. I don't want you getting screwed over in a court of law.
>>
Last question never got answered so I'm asking it again.

Beginner lifter, started about 3 weeks ago. My bench is weak. Like, really weak. Currently can't even do 1pl8, shake when I do 100 pounds, can barely make it.

Triceps have always been the weakest part of my body, could that be why?
>>
File: 1426398549716.gif (2MB, 297x226px) Image search: [Google]
1426398549716.gif
2MB, 297x226px
What should I mix with greek yogurt to make it edible, I usually gag if it's on it's own, all recipe ideas appriciated
>>
>>36434301
Fruit, or just buy the generic version with fruit flavors.

Kroger's single-serving cups are p good.
>>
>>36434257
The issue with drinking before is that you can't exert maximal effort into your workout. The problem with drinking after working out is that removal of alcohol from the body takes priority over protein synthesis (read: lost gains). I personally drink after working out or when I have a 2 day break since I do a 3 day split. If you do this, just make sure you plan ahead. Don't eat as many carbs that day and make most of your diet protein. Make sure you calculate the calories from the alcohol and incorporate them into your macros for the day. Drink tons of water. Stick to liquor and select mixed drinks, don't drink wine and beer. If you binge drink like me just make sure you don't do it often. It's usually better to drink some alcohol everday for a week than to drink the same amount of alcohol in the timeframe of a few hours.
>>
>>36434292
It could be but without seeing you bench or more information it's hard to tell. If you feel that's what gives out and you're doing it with proper form, go isolate your triceps some.
>>
how fast should i progress on SS?
Should I add weight every session, even on squats, since you do them every time?
>>
>>36434342
That's the issue though, I really have no idea. I wouldn't think it's my form, because even if it is bad, I should at-least be able to do 120 or so, right?

According to Strength Standards this bench is horrendous.
>>
>>36434354
You didn't read Starting Strength, did you?

Yes, you're supposed to add weight each session until you can't lift it. Then you deload and progress slower.
>>
>>36434361
not about to read that entire book senpai
>>
>>36434355
Averages don't mean you're going to be there. What's your age, height, weight and body fat %? Also, if you haven't done activities involving strength before in your life your muscles and nervous system need time to adjust. That's why people who have worked out before tend to have an easier time getting in shape again and why those who have literally never pushed their body to its limits have a hard time. It's like a baby learning how to walk. Three weeks is really not enough time. I encourage you to sleep well, eat well, and work out hard with proper form. Just give it time and your body will adapt.
>>
Fairly new to lifting fatass here.

When doing squats, I seem to have trouble getting the barbell loaded up on the correct area on my back due to inflexibility (That's my guess anyways).

What would be some good stretches to increase shoulder/arm mobility so I can load up correctly?
>>
>>36434139
optimum nutrition
>>
>>36434266
Alright I'll give it a spin, but I'll have to replace Squats since I've got a not so bad case of Kyphosis and scoliosis
>>
>>36434410
Male, 23, 5'11" currently 198-ish, and not sure of my BF% probably over 20% but not over 25%.

I've lifted for two periods of my life before, but my bench (and tris) have always been weak. Even when I was squatting lmao2pl8 and deadlifting almost 3pl8 my bench wasn't even 1pl8.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
What are the pros and cons of doing 5x5 VS 3x5?
Been doing SL for 3 months or so, and I'm wondering if it's worth doing 5x5 when people are saying 3x5 works just as well.

Also, my right foot points to the right when squatting, and it's limiting my squat. How do I fix this? What is the major cause?

Thanks brehs
>>
>>36429550
>tfw anons getting all but two of the boys of B12
Goddamned slut
>>
How do I reduce my appetite?
>>
>>36434633
Eat more dense foods.
>>
>>36434463
>>36434410
Can I just do close-grip benches to help? Or should I add skullcrushers to my bench days?
>>
>>36434735
That's it? How does that help?
>>
File: dere.jpg (48KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
dere.jpg
48KB, 960x717px
5'10 312 lbs

Is it worth it for me to go to the gym? i have enough cardio equiptment at home (treadmill/elliptical, st bike) and i take long walks everyday to my job.

Brother used to lift so he gave me some of his begginer gear, Dumbbells and a Bench, but the bar only goes up to 50lbs and the dumbbells go up to 25lbs, i can always buy pl8s later i guess

I'm asking because i lost 7.2lbs during my first week and i dont think i could've done any better while going to the gym

I lift 4-5 days week and normally do Bench press, Deadlifts, military press, overhead press, bicep curls, dumbell bent rows, etc. i tried squatting but muh joints. plus leg stuff like calf raises and hip trusts
>>
Is it alright to periodically take a week off?

my joints get extremely inflammed and cns fried as hell, so i tend to take a week off from training in order to recover. Progress is slow but its working. My friends are saying im just slacking but I do believe its beneficial.

What does /fit/ think?
>>
Running makes me sweat way, way more than lifting weights. I feel like it's more of a workout than weightlifting. I know in the end it's really up to me to determine which excersize I want to do, but what's /fit/'s take on this?
>>
Do I wait until there is absolutely no uncomfortable feeling in my shoulder before lifting after a small injury?
>>
What is it in pre that gives me the urge to shit in the middle of my workout? Is it the creatine? Just wondering as I doubt its the caffeine as I can drink a can of Monster or a few cups of coffee and not need to poop.
>>
>>36435212
Caffeine accelerates your digestive system. Preworkout has ridiculous levels of caffeine + other things to accelerate your body's systems
>>
>>36429839
Thank you anon
>>
>>36435229
Ok, I was just wondering as C4 has about the same amount of caffeine as a can of Relentless/Monster or a medium coffee from a chain.
>>
>>36434945
You can just do both, running on a cut is great for weight loss and running in-general helps your cardio significantly.
>>
>>36434909
run+count calories+SL = results
>>
>>36435366
Thanks anon
>>
Anyone know a TM varient with hypertrophy shit?
>>
>>36434945
hiit is a great off-day supplement to weightlifting

I do a 20 minute hiit routine of 1 minute jogging, 1 minute sprinting. it melts fat and keeps muscle
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 540x527px)
image.jpg
51KB, 540x527px
>Introduced my bf to /fit
>bf increasingly wants to stick fingers and eventually his dick in my ass.
>admitted he would suck a gorgeous guys dick or fuck one. But he wouldn't be take a dick..

I joked (warned) some guys start getting interested in traps etc...

Wtf /fit? Does this place really make guys gay..
>>
>>36435535
Well I get aroused whenether one of those boys post their widehips CBTs.

Not gay though.
>>
How do I strengthen my left arm? I was doing one arm DB bench using 17.5kg weights and my left arm was only doing 1-2 reps into the second set. It killed my motivation and as such I didn't do the full three sets.
>>
>>36428399
no, it goes up by explosive strength, if you're bouncing, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>36435535
>>36435560
i think it does desu because i had a dream recently about fucking a trap
also I've been attracted to trappy a lot more than i should be
the traps have to be cute/girly, though, of course
>>
>>36434461
try front squats.
>>
>>36434140
why? you need the squats, because your legs will be crucial in both maintaining balance and providing a good base.
>>
>>36434913
what level are you? beginner, intermediate etc? if you're beginner you should definitely not take weeks off. being sore is fine, you workout through that. make sure you're drinking enough, it can make a huge difference.
>>
Does anyone else feel like the ratio between their calves and ankles just looks weird? Whenever I put long socks on my calves look like they're three times the size of my ankles and it just makes me feel really self conscious.
>>
I did SS for about a month now and want to start going to the gym more often.
What are some good routines which have me train 5-6 days a week?
>>
I'm going on a cruise. The fitness center on the ship only has dumbbells (and they don't look like they go up very high) and a Smith machine.

So I may have to just suck it up and do squats on the Smith machine. Any pointers for making the best of this situation?

Taking a week off from lifting is NOT an option.
>>
>>36436224
If it is like a hotel gym the dumbells will likely only go to 50s.

Do goblet squats, or weighted lunges.
>>
>>36434463
Hmm, that's interesting. You're bigger, older, and more experienced than what I thought you'd be if you're having this problem. Are you sure you're doing it with proper form? The barbell's line of motion from a side view should go somewhat diagonal and curved as opposed to straight up and down like squat. The other thing is that you're supposed to keep your elbows at about 45 degrees to your torso and somewhat tucked in, not flared out as that causes shoulder impingement.
>>
>>36434873
How close is close? And yeah, I'd add some isolation work.
>>
If i do pull and push on the same day, which shiuld i start with?
>>
>>36436287
>Are you sure you're doing it with proper form?
I think I am, but I can never find a really good way to tell since you can't look at yourself while you bench. Also too awkward to ask anyone at the gym to check my form.

>The other thing is that you're supposed to keep your elbows at about 45 degrees to your torso and somewhat tucked in
So, like, keep your elbows close to the sides of your body while lifting? That could be the reason why.
>>
>>36436297
>>36436287
Alright, should I add skullcrushers to my bench day or my OHP day?
>>
Growing obliques when you have wide hips - yay or nay?
Some people say that developed obliques will make the pear shape even worse, while others argue that obliques help you to achieve that solid fridge-mode. Who is right?
If the only way to grow obliques are squats and deadlifts, my legs will grow too, right? And mine are already disproportionally big compared to the upper body.
>>
>>36436398
alternate
>>
>>36436732
Train your obliques but don't ever overdo any part of your core or legs or else you're gonna look stupid. Do side bends with a db or a plate, 20 each side each set for 3 sets.
>>
>>36435715
my lifts were intermediate advanced prior to an unrelated injury. I've worked myself up to intermediate weights, however I'm just paranoid of an injury reoccurence.
>>
So im mostly looking to build strength but if i do my singles, doubles and triples and add a 20 rep set at the end of my excercise will this benefit me for hypertrophy and or endurance? excercises like squats, bench press, ohp and deadlifts
>>
I plan on cutting once I finish SS and reach intermediate. What program is good for maintaining strength/muscle whilst cutting? I plan on going on some form of TM once the cut is done.
>>
>>36437078
Well I'm currently doing PPL, since I finished SS. PPLPPLx.
>>
>>36433454
>>36434014
You're still in your noob gainz period. Just keep going to the gym often enough, eating enough HIGH QUALITY food to hit your macros, and just in general doing other stuff right and your bench improvement rate will pretty much be linear or better for at least the next month. Also, stretch. It has underrated gains.
>>
If I'm a fatass with no muscle at all, will building muscle do nothing about my disgusting belly?
Should I try to lose weight first and then worry about building muscle?
I don't want to be shredded, just a little bit of body fat in the end with some muscle
>>
>>36437335
Post a body pic, we need to know if you're fat, or skinnyfat.

>>36437101
I suppose one of them would be good. I just want to keep my stats and muscle.
>>
File: disgusting3.jpg (10KB, 150x169px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting3.jpg
10KB, 150x169px
>If I'm a fatass with no muscle at all, will building muscle do nothing about my disgusting belly?
read the sticky fagget

>lose weight first and then worry about building muscle
Best to just start lifting now. At some point your gains will stagnate because you are eating below TDEE, but this is fine. You will learn proper form and get CNS gains.

>I don't want to be shredded, just a little bit of body fat in the end with some muscle
Humanity is lost. Good thing the rest of us are leaving humanity behind.
>>
So im mostly looking to build strength but if i do my singles, doubles and triples and add a 20 rep set at the end of my excercise will this benefit me for hypertrophy and or endurance? excercises like squats, bench press, ohp and deadlifts
>>
File: 1443792880759.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443792880759.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>36428257
>>36428257
serious question, how do I get a decent upper body pump going without weights and equipment? the only things I can think about are push-ups, which wouldn't help with biceps and traps.
>>
File: old style press.jpg (50KB, 527x640px)
old style press.jpg
50KB, 527x640px
I believe I've been fucking up my back due to arching in The Press. Should I lower the weight or do core work like planks? Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>36437606
Lower the weight and focus on keeping your form tight, progress so your body can keep up with good form, don't fuck yourself up.
>>
So as i understand it, it is normal for the deadlift to be your heaviest lift, and your squat should be lower

Yet on SS, you're doing squat 3 days a week and increasing weight each time, yet only deadlifting 2 or 1 days each week, and increasing weight each time. So accordingly, my squat has now surpassed my deadlift and will only continue to do so with SS. I don't understand how the deadlift is supposed to stay my heaviest lift when i'm only increasing weight on it once or twice a week.
>>
>>36437797
You're supposed to be increasing the deadlift by about 10-5 kilo each session. You deadlift will catch up.
>>
>>36437511
You can't bruv. Unless you do serious calisthenics.
>>
>>36437855
fuck... my gf has never seen me with a full pump. really looking forward to summer, just to be able to swim a few laps with terrible technique and get out of the water pumped as fuck, the only time a natty fag like myself really looks impressive. fuck my life
>>
>>36437797
You're going to plateau on your squat sooner than on your DL.

Matter of fact, I only just hit the end of my rapid gainz with squats today. 185, increased a total of 50 pounds from my first one. DL is the same but still steadily increasing by 10 lbs a session.
>>
>>36437895
Why don't you just invite her to the gym with you one day?
>>
>>36437839
I haven't been able to increase my dl in a while, is a plateau @lmao3plaet normal? I am not getting enough sleep and I could work out more often, so I know it's most likely my own fault, I'm just curious
>>
>>36437905
I might, but what is she to do there? just watch me work out? that's stupid... she does her own sports and she is fit as fuck, but she can't stand the entire gym-culture, which I totally get. introducing her to lifts doesn't make sense to me and I won't try and force my own training on her
>>
How I find a better alternative to Red Bull?

Usually whenever I wake up I always feel sleepy later. I tried coffee and it makes me worse, and tea does jack shit. Red Bull does the trick plus I never feel the jitters but I don't wanna rely on that shit.
>>
>>36437934
Take a picture? Pick her up after the gym? Go hang out after the gym?

I'm really not seeing the issue.
>>
>>36438018
Sleep better. Not even joking, stop drinking those things, they're horrible for you.
>>
>>36438113
I've tried sleeping the usual 8-9 hours and I still have that groggy feeling.
>>
>>36438137
Stop drinking redbulls. Those things are basically toxinous.
>>
>>36438167
I won't. I just need to find something to help me
>>
>>36438113
I sleep for about 6-8 hours but normally i wake up like and hour or 2 before i actually get up go back to sleep then i get up.

Is this considered bad sleep?
>>
>>36438186
Not him but if you don't already, try taking cold showers in the morning. Always wakes me up
>>
>>36438193
If it doesn't effect you during the day, no, it's fine.

If it does? You're lagging from an incomplete REM cycle.
>>
Complete 100% fitness noob here. I've never seriously lifted/worked out before in my life. What's the best way to go about lifting for a beginner? I read the sticky and understand the SS beginner regimen, but how do I become familiar with all of the equipment and get good form without looking like a retard at the gym?
>>
>>36438416
form videos
trainers
more advanced lifters
mirrors
>>
>>36438416
There are tons of videos to help you get started. Besides that, people at the gym are usually nice enough to check your form if you ask when they aren't busy.
>>
>>36438438
>>36438444
Appreciate it. Thanks guys
>>
File: 1382065253630.jpg (790KB, 2001x3000px)
1382065253630.jpg
790KB, 2001x3000px
>>36438416
JUST
DO
IT

>>36438438
>>36438444
oh and what these guys said
>>
>>36438210
Well im stalling on my lifts and im trying to figure out why. I eat plenty and track my calories with mfp so i was thinking it was sleep.
>>
File: 1380998809868.jpg (67KB, 317x379px)
1380998809868.jpg
67KB, 317x379px
>tfw 5'10
>brother eats like shit
>doesn't workout
>he's 6'2

just die in my sleep already
>>
>>36438543
Could be. Have you tried deloading?
>>
File: 1433747875078.gif (1MB, 300x155px) Image search: [Google]
1433747875078.gif
1MB, 300x155px
>>36438547
Manlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>36436570
Look up on of Rippetoe's videos on the bench press. Despite his limitations, he has a great idea of the anatomy and what positions are most biomechanically stable. You can usually use light weight and look in a mirror. If not, get less autistic and ask someone to take a video on your phone so you can analyze it.
>>
>>36436590
I would do it after you've done both. You use your triceps for both of those, so as long as they're recovered before you do both it doesn't matter.
>>
>>36431920
Someone on here recommended me Inzer or Titan. I went with Inzer; got it 2 days ago. Love it.
>>
>>36438547
im 5'9. brothers are 6'1 and 6'2. the 6'1 bro weighs 150 lbs. i tell him to eat all the time. finally told me that his plan is to be 180 by christmas. at least its a start. the 6'2 bro is 230. very little muscle and has no intention whatsoever of working out. He could be a beast.

im 180 lbs. been lifting a few years and finally lookin good. plan is to keep going to hopefully inspire them.
>>
So even though this a SFW board, nudity is allowed so long as its tasteful?
>>
>>36438193
I have this same issue and I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea. Get it checked out, especially if you have some lack of energy and are not recovering. I have the same issue and need to get it checked out again (first time I tried I didn't sleep long enough to get good data)
>>
File: puritans25.jpg (25KB, 400x290px)
puritans25.jpg
25KB, 400x290px
>>36438652
>tasteful
>nudity
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>36438652
Nudity is allowed as long as it can be shown on primetime tv.

No nips, genitals or assholes.

That means you faglord.
>>
There's no DNP thread, and I wanted to read the pastebin with the info on it.

Does anyone here have the link?
>>
How do you progress weights for a program like PHUL? I know how to do progressive overload, but obviously that won't work.
>>
>>36438851
Go find an old thread in the archive
>>
>>36438656
It first started when taking tren but im off it now and it wont go away ;_;
>>
For some reason the amount I can deadlift went down but not my squat or bench they only went up. How did this happen? I stuck to the same routine for quite a while nothing has changed.
>>
>>36439148
Unfortunately I have no idea how tren works, so I don't know what possibly could have caused it. How old were you when you started taking it and when you stopped? Sometimes it can develop naturally. Mine started for me right before I was 22 and prior I had no problems at all. I also started waking up super thirsty, which is apparently a symptom of sleep apnea.
>>
File: 1455832143197.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1455832143197.png
226KB, 468x345px
how shit is this routine? not fully fleshed out yet, just the basics
not sure what set-rep ranges to use, ideally this is a summer aesthetics routine and I switch to a strength routine in the winter

ABxABx Repeat

Day 1: Chest, shoulders, triceps (and traps?)
Day 2: Legs, back, and biceps
(legs need their own day?)

A
flat bench 3x12
OHP 3x10
upright row 3x12
barbell shrug 3x12

B
squat 3x10
deadlift 3x10
bent over row 3x12
chin-ups 4x12
calf raises 3xF

I need help
>>
>>36439148
Took it start of this year for about month and a half (I'm 20) insomnia is a known side effect of tren I just thought it would go away once I stopped taking.
>>
>>36439394
Meant to reply to
>>36439302
>>
File: diddlyliftlifter.jpg (413KB, 900x570px)
diddlyliftlifter.jpg
413KB, 900x570px
This may sound completely retarded but I just started deadlifting and don't really feel like i'm engaging the muscle groups properly. When I bench or squat, I feel my chest or legs engaged, but when I deadlift I don't feel it. As I got to my max weight, I just couldn't pick it up but couldn't tell what the weak link was. My form isn't jacked up, and had a buddy checking it. Any reason why I'm not really feeling any serious muscle engagement on diddlylifts? pls respond
>>
What weight is lmao1pl8? (Kg)
>>
>>36439458
60kg
1 plate on each side is 40kg, the bar is 20kg
>>
How do I get my bench stronger? Everything else is progressing incredibly but my bench is laughably weak. Should I throw more assistance in? I'm doing bbb.
>>
>>36439478
Second this. Chesticles r lagging.
>>
This is what I eat daily (minus the corn) can I bulk up with this? I'm skinny as fuck and girls don't like me.

It consist of:
Butter rice
six bean blends
1 egg
1 oven baked cod fish fillet (not shown cause too late to cook em)

I am shifting to this diet but I don't know if this is detrimental to my health or beneficial
>>
>>36439493
Fuck me, I forget to include the picture
>>
>>36439493
that's nothing, wouldn't be surprised if that's under 1000 calories, might help Gollum bulk up

peanut butter
oats
milk
olive oil
>>
>>36437934
post pic of your body
>>
>>36439394
I mean, there is the possibility you developed another sleep problem if it's associated with insomnia. No way to know until you test it. Give it another few months if it doesn't go away get a sleep study done.
>>
Asking again because I'm an idiot and didn't see the last thread.
DYEL, I'm doing stronglifts. The coach told me I shouldn't focus on strength, but instead on training my tendons rather than my muscles. What do you make of this? Am I gonna wreck my ass if I keep doing SL for more than a couple months?
>>
File: IMG_4390.png (460KB, 541x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.png
460KB, 541x960px
Am I okay to squat tonight if my legs are still sore from Wednesday morning?
>>
>>36439754
how long you been squattin'
>>
>>36439764
Started back up again this week after I fell off the wagon for two years
>>
>>36439776
then yeah just do it, it's pretty normal.

do some warming up for a few minutes and then warm stretches, then squat the bar or some very low weight a few times, wait a bit, walk around, then if it doesn't hurt enough to not squat, you squat.
>>
>>36439754
DOMs should never be an excuse not to train
>>
I don't know how but I fucked up my right shoulder some how. I can't lift my right arm above my head very easily. So no more overhead press for now. I don't feel pain while benching, is it possible to injure your shoulder in a way where you can't do overhead press but can still bench?
>>
File: Do It.jpg (192KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Do It.jpg
192KB, 960x960px
Okay, so can someone give me the history behind this "Jim Profit" bullshit. I wouldn't mind a 1 month ban, so I can stop waisting time.

I'm 17 btw.
>>
>>36440165
Oh yeah, sorry, forgot.
>>
>>36439963
Perhaps shoulder impingement?

Try barbell upright rows. If those hurt like Hell, it's probably shoulder impingement.
>>
File: images (76).jpg (8KB, 384x384px)
images (76).jpg
8KB, 384x384px
Sup fit.
Girlfriend called me a manlet today.

What do?

Also. Benched 2.5plates and felt fine. But right shoulder feel fucked the next day.

Anyone know any good rotator cuff stretches other than shoulder dislocations?
>>
File: 1412320200244.gif (1MB, 160x111px) Image search: [Google]
1412320200244.gif
1MB, 160x111px
>>36440237
Your girlfriend insulted you? Unacceptable. Ever. You know what you have to do.
>>
I went bowling with buddies, and my back started to feel tight and mildly painful. Is this normal?
>>
Im 4 months into SL and stats are:
>175 squat
>205 dl
>105 bench
>75 OHP

I'm also doing it 3x5 if that matters except dl, any ideas as to why my dl and ohp are so fucking weak? I feel like I could push 2pl8 dl by now. On a cut the whole time btw.
>>
will BCAA's help on a cut? is it worth it? what downsides are there?
>>
>>36439963
You're probably flaring your elbows too much in OHP.
>>
Where is a good place to get those Y-back tanks?
>>
>>36440730
Try stretching moron
>>
I can't get a feel for proper breathing technique during OHP. If I breathe at the top, it makes me incredibly dizzy/lighthearted. If I breathe at the bottom, I lose tightness and power and can't push the bar up as well.

Advice?
>>
>>36428257

I missed my friday workout. (AxBxAxx)

Should I go today? Or should I just leave it until monday?
>>
File: handsupdggo.jpg (60KB, 537x720px)
handsupdggo.jpg
60KB, 537x720px
>>36429530
be careful with doing canned food every day you can get some lead/heavy metal poisoning that way.
>>
>>36441348
I usually go MxWxF but if I miss 1 workout I move it usually to TxTxS. Just go you lazy shit
>>
>>36435602
Barbell curls or/and preacher curls
>>
>>36435960
Push Pull Leg

PPLPPLx
>>
>>36438547
are you me?

I'm 5'11 and my brother is 6'1. He is tall and handsome but also a nerd by heart and won't do things like use a deoderant and cut his hair. However after spending more time with him (we got to the same school now) I've told him how to be more social and not go full autismo. He now actually helps at the farm at home! pretty proud of him, if only he would cut his fucking hair.
>>
>>36439316
I wouldn't do the squat and deadlift on the same day, whenever I do it I end up having less strenght for one of them, depending on which one I did first. You routine looks alot like a push-pull so maybe do something like this:

Push;
Squat
Bench
Calf raise
OHP

Pull;
Deadlift
Barbell Row
Chin-ups
Barbell shrug
>>
>>36440956
Your upper body is naturally weaker than your lower body. Look at the size of your legs and then at the size of your arms. 105 bench and 75 OHP are good stats for four months no matter what people tell you. Also, the cut thing might be another reason, unless you eat your weight in protein. You body can't make stronger muscles without the protein. Good luck!
>>
I'm on a bulk, but I sprained my foot and my shoulder feels like it needs a break, too, so I'm taking a few days off lifting until that gets better.

How much should I eat in the meantime? Maintenance or keep eating at a surplus?
>>
File: MR47-mega-power-rack-xlg.jpg (96KB, 734x864px) Image search: [Google]
MR47-mega-power-rack-xlg.jpg
96KB, 734x864px
I just got a membership at AF because they're the only one within 20 miles of me and I don't have a car.

I just checked the place out and from the looks of it, they don't have a BP or a place to do Rows.

Now, What they do have are two large racks side by side, with weights on the side, and a bar that can be moved up or down.

I don't want to look like a sperg when working out, so tell me, can I use these as my 5x5 SL workout station?

This is not the exact model, but it looks very similar

I feel like I can, right? The bench under it is mobile.

If not, is there a replacement machine I can use to sup out those exercises?
>>
>>36442329
I don't remember what exact exercises are in SL 5x5, but rows and deadlifts are hard to do in a power rack. Besides that, it's great for squats, bench, OHP, pullups, etc.
>>
>>36440963
Erectile Dysfunction
>>
>>36442329

Sounds like a Smith-machine if the bar is fixed, ie, can only be moved up and down. If that's the case, don't even consider it.
>>
File: 20160319_031010[1].jpg (906KB, 2048x1152px)
20160319_031010[1].jpg
906KB, 2048x1152px
>>36442357
>>36442372

The SL system uses an A:Squat, BP, Row. B, Squat, OH Press, Deadlift. A,Squat, BP, Row.

Week 2 is Squat, OHP Deadlift, b, Squat, BP, Row. A Squat OHP, DL.

Then it jsut repeats.

Here is an accurate picture of the equipment from the site.
>>
>>36437797

Rule of thumb
Squat 35 %
Bench 25 %
Deadlift 40 %

Deadlift should 9/10 be higher than squat.
I wouldn't worry too much as long as you are progressing on your cleans too, which is a deadlift movement.
>>
Do you HAVE to take Vitamin K2 with Vitamin D3 (about 2000 IU)? I've read something about just taking D3 being potentially dangerous for you
>>
>>36439445

Your setup might be wrong. If you couldn't get it up, you are just plain weak. It's hard to point out your weakness if you are just starting to deadlift.

A cue to really get your glutes involved is to point your toes slight outward. Squeee yourself closer to the bar and squeeze your but. Ass sooon as the bar is above the knees, hump the bar like it's your favourite porn star.
>>
>>36434909
>Is it worth it for me to go to the gym?

How would we know? Decide for yourself dumbass.

>>36434480

3x5 allows for a longer run without stalling. 5x5 is more volume. It's all semantics, just stick with your beginner program until you can't progress no more.

Learn not to stick your foot out.

>>36435742

Don't worry about it.

>>36436224

Take a week off from lifting. It's not going to make a difference in a short or long run.

>>36436398

Post program.

>>36436830

Probably only endurance. Try 5x10 with 50-60% of your 1RM for dat dere volume which will help you increase your strength and gains.

>>36439445

You're not doing heavy enough weights, or more likely, you're not engaging your posterior chain. I can feel my hamstrings quite clearly when loading them - even without a bar. Post video or practice loading your hams with a broomstick, 'cause your form is fucked.

>>36439478

Even BBB lacks chest volume for most people. Which part of the lift has you failing? Lift-off or lockout? More benching or dumbell bench may help.

>>36439732

Both get strengthened, don't listen to that shit. You're not going to wreck yourself unless your form is shit and you're a pussy. Stop overthinking.

>>36439754

Stop overthinking it pussy.
>>
My deficit for my cut is 300 calories. Is this enough? A lot of people seem to go with 500 but I find I can control my cravings and keep my strength much better with a lower deficit but at the same time I don't want to be cutting for a long time.
>>
>>36429541
Make sure you buy german creatin, not that cheap shit from china
>>
When I hit 1/2/3/4 then what do I do?
>>
Thread archived
>>
Quick question.
What does BCAA do?
Any side effects to that?
Thanks
>>
>>36442456
How much weight do you plan on losing and how much time have you allocated for your cut?
>>
>>36442654
About 6-8 lbs and I'd give myself about 2 months.
>>
File: 1428801001437.jpg (197KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1428801001437.jpg
197KB, 1280x1280px
>>36429240
>Does leaving the plate on the bar could bent him?
>>
Is it normal to make squat gains by deadlifting only?
>>
Is incorporating push-ups and mountain climbers inbetween sets a good idea?
>>
>>36442738
Take these calculations with a grain of salt.

1kg = 7000kCal
300kCal a day = 2100kCal a week deficit
2100/7000 = 300 grams a week loss
7lbs = 3175 grams or 10.5 weeks at 300 grams a week
>>
>>36442642

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaas-the-many-benefits-of-amino-acids.html
This is really good
>>
>>36442806
unless that is part of some circuit routine, then absolutely do not do that.
>>
I've been getting sick midway through my training cycles in candito 6 week program and I don't know whether to start a new cycle or deload and continue?

it doesn't say anything on canditos page
>>
>>36442816
So do you reccommend it while dieting?
>>
>>36435602
Try doing left first, see what happens...
>>
>>36440237
a good rotator cuff strengthener is when you hold you hands out(like you're midway through curling) with light weights, keep your elbows fixed and rotate your shoulders side to side
>>
>>36442853
Any further explanation as to why not?
>>
>>36443543
I would say definitely, the article explains that the acids will retain your muscle despite the deficit in calories
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.