[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take for the NYRs to stop going to your gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: NYRs.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
NYRs.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
How long did it take for the NYRs to stop going to your gym? Today was the first day in a while I was able to walk into the gym and immediately start on a free squat rack at 6PM.
>>
I go to the gym around midnight so the effect of NYRs is like 5 people are there instead of 2
>>
>>36405207
here in the Netherlands nobody really does the NYR unless they actually do it.

so the few new people actually stayed as well.
>>
I don't even notice much of a difference desu
>>
At 5 pm in January, you had to practically get into a fist fight for a bench or a squat rack or deadlift spot

Yesterday I went there again at 5 pm, and it was 90% empty
>>
>>36405214
>here in the Netherlands nobody really does the NYR unless they actually do it.
wut
>>
>>36405207
>gym in decemeber
Not here where i am, it starts in december and continues into january. By feb it dwindles and by march its back to normal
>>
They started at varying weeks after New Years, most left after 6 weeks tops.
The last few who started in February are still here.
>>
home gym master race
>>
>>36405222

>deadlift spot

The whole floor was taken up?
>>
>>36405252
i dead lift in the squat rack
>>
>>36405261
Y?
>>
>>36405244
dubs of wisdom
>>
File: IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg (448KB, 792x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg
448KB, 792x760px
>>36405292
>>36405244
>>
>>36405223
makes sense, no one does it unless they do it
>>
>>36405214
It makes sense, nobody will do it unless they actually do it.
>>
>>36405252
It's a small gym, and there's not a lot of real estate, much less with foam padding floors.
>>
>>36405311
>i came
where are the rest of the plates anon?
>>
>>36405442
under the bench looking for a decent plate rack soloution
>>
>>36405442
also got olympic plates on the multigym
>>
If you home gym you transcend all this NYR bullshit. I read these threads and feel like Dr. Manhattan.
>>
My gym here in Germany is getting more and more packed the closer we get to summer. And we only have ONE squat rack. Been searching for a new gym but there's nothing else but fitness studios here. Also the refugees seem to get free gym time or some shit because there's always a pack of stinky ass skellies trying to curl way too much weight and taking up all the benches. Can't wait to move back to murica where people pay a membership and never go.
>>
File: Love-the-states.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Love-the-states.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>36405793
'murica... her for when you need people to be lazy shits
>>
The nyr wave is gone, but as the snow is finally melting and the few rays of spring sunshine creep in a new vortex of newfaggotry threatens to swallow up the benches.
>>
>>36405214
It makes sense europeans are smarter. All the stubborn meat heads got btfo by shore guns and stuff 70 years ago.
>the smart ones stayed back and had sex and enjoyed being one of the few men not doing things that women don't understand
>imagine all that strange
>>
>>36405214

Are you implying gyms in the Netherlands are not bothered by NYR?

My gym was fucking packed since January. Luckely most of the wanna be big guys have already given up because they didn't see results after 2 weeks of lifting.

It's still more crowded than I've ever seen in the last 7 years though.
>>
>>36405207
NYRs? Pfffft I'm dealing with spring breakers right now.
>>
All you guys were probably a NYR fag at one point or a spring fag trying get ripped for summer
>>
>>36406528
Much worse.
On another note: Why the fuck would you be going to the gym on spring break?
>>
>>36406479
Mcfit?
>>
>>36406291
This is happening at my gym now. After nyr boom, it died down. Now its geting to the point where it was in Jan, shit sucks. Fuck the summer, winter/snow shows who the real lifters are.
>>
Literally 1 week.
And then some hippie decided she'll host free yoga classes in our gym (office gym), she's hot and wears dem yoga pants.
All those NYRs came back again, at least they're only there once a week., though at the very least she's also pulling in qts.
>their session ends
>DYELs show off benching half a pl8
>pull out 3 pl8s
I wouldn't be this salty if they were there for actual self improvement, they're in the gym just to check out butts.
>>
>>36406979

If by Mcfit you imply a big chain if gyms then yes.

Fortunately (depending on how you view it) the gym we have is owned by someone who used to own a bodybuilder gym, so we have more and better equipment than the average gym of this chain.
>>
There were no significant changes in gym goers at our community gym.
>>
The cycles of gym marketing and normie resolutions:

>NEW YEAR
>A NEW YEAR A NEW YOU
>SPRING
>GET READY FOR SUMMER AND GET THAT BEACH BODY READY
>Summer
>no one gives a shit normies are at the beach, cardiofags outside, lardasses are trying not to melt
>Autumn
>people who took up sports in summer, realize that it's getting gold
>Gyms see a small rise in membership
>Bonuspoints if gyms are in towns with universities because then it's time for
>HEY YOU NEW CITY NEW YOU COME WORK OUT REDUCED FEES FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
>Winter is coming
>Regulars enjoy the few weeks before the special snowflake NYR start to trickle in in the weeks leading up to NY
>NEW YEAR
>NEW YOU
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>36405207
today and monday the gym was pretty empty
only three chicks and a guy in the free weight section
>>
Didn't get any, that I could see. Benefits of going to a 'bodybuilding gym' I huess. Most only go to ones with all the bells and whistles.
>>
I'm not exactly a NYRfag but I started around NYR because I got a raise and could afford the extra a month for my membership.

I workout at 4am though so It's almost always empty. Me and some middle aged woman every morning. Maybe a qt or a chad will come in. It starts to fill up a bit with /fit/ looking people at around 5:30 when I'm leaving
>>
My gym is next to an university and the classes started on early February, so they're still there. I saw a really fat guy working out at least 4 times this year, I hope he's still going.
>>
>>36405207
Its fucked op there seems to be even more cunts now than before :(
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.