[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a limit to how much we can grow our muscles? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1454641845793.jpg (175KB, 1407x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1454641845793.jpg
175KB, 1407x2000px
Is there a limit to how much we can grow our muscles? I mean, if you continually increase the weight and your caloric intake based on the new mass... is there no limit to how 'big' you can get?
>>
There is. Its called the natty limit. Theres calculators out there that estimate it for you. Gotta give them neck measurements, wrist measurements, i think one other measure as well. You put in your body fat and a few other things and it will guess how much lean mass you can put on.
>>
>>36400920

Well that sucks... it's like artificially inhibiting your leveling capability. Fucking bullshit God.

>cancer to prevent immortality
>natural limit to prevent becoming a literal hulk

Bullshit.
>>
>>36400966
You can always take steroids lol
>>
>>36400904
What kind of retarded question is this? Why do you think steroids are used?
>>
>>36400988

Calm the fuck down sperg, I didn't even know a 'natty' limit existed until a few seconds ago. Prior, I thought they were just used to expedite progress, not break through a literal 'limit'.

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1457341954221.jpg (13KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1457341954221.jpg
13KB, 400x225px
>>36400999
>being this defensive
>telling others to calm down
>>
>>36400999
There are people who devote their entire lives to bodybuilding and don't end up like Broly.

There'd have to be a limit somewhere. It doesn't make sense to literally just keep growing forever.
>>
>>36400966
Muscles are incredibly taxing on the heart, bones, and require fuckload of energy to maintain so your body would rather shed them. Having lots of muscles is arguably even less healthy than having same amount of fat
>>
>>36401155
> Being 100kg of fat is more healthy than being 100kg of muscle
Are you for real?

It's not healthier. It's just that your body doesn't give a shit about health and wants to take the easy way out and it thinks long term.
>>
>>36401134
Why not? Eating more and lifting mor, does it not make sense that you would continue to get bigger?
I don't think OP is saying you'll gain at the same rate as when you first start lifting but what says you can't just keep getting bigger t a slower rate?
>>
>>36401223
Because the fitter you get, the more those gains diminish. While you MAY continue getting bigger over your life, the amount you gain shrinks to the point where it's completely negligible. That's why the calculators don't say "You stop growing after X time", they just say "Improvements are negligible or not worth calculating after X time"
>>
>>36401223
No. It most assuredly does not. The fact that this makes sense to you means you have extremely limited education in how the human body works.
>>
>>36400904
There is an absolute natty limit and its much lower and less I pressive than you think for like 90% of the people in the world...

Once you hit a natty limit the only way to get bigger and stronger is to eat so much that you'll be morbidly obese

Sumo wrestlers are probably peak natty limit
>>
File: S3nRNiU.gif (2MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
S3nRNiU.gif
2MB, 426x426px
>>36401155
>>
>>36400999
You sound like a fucking faggot
>>
I'm sure there's some point where you can't metabolize food fast enough to maintain your mass, but with enough sterons almost anything is possible
>>
File: prepare your bunghole.png (678KB, 547x427px) Image search: [Google]
prepare your bunghole.png
678KB, 547x427px
>>36401155
>Muscles are incredibly taxing on the heart, bones, and require fuckload of energy to maintain so your body would rather shed them. Having lots of muscles is arguably even less healthy than having same amount of fat
>>
How much natty gains can one expect to get in 1 year? 60-80% of their potential? Most people can get 1/2/3/4 on their lifts the first year. After that it is slow progress if you to stay lean and progress after that.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin
>>
>>36400920
Is there a limit to strength also?
>>
It's called the natty limit and is only obtained with perfect nutrition, rest and constant exercise. You can only attain it if you basically lift all day every day and nothing else.

If you want to go mix/maxing then a lot of factors influence it, such as genetics - height, test/hormone levels pretty much determine your own natty limit.

You can always tell god to fuck off and just juice doe s m h f a m
>>
ye, it's controlled by a chemical called myostatin. stops your muscles from getting too big.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.