[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hip Drive question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: HipDrahveYeeHaw.jpg (30KB, 275x450px) Image search: [Google]
HipDrahveYeeHaw.jpg
30KB, 275x450px
Whenever I try to hip drive properly, I end up having my nipples facing the ground by the time my legs are extended, and it hurts my back to stand up straight.

How do I avoid this, /fit/??
>>
>>36397411

Sounds like you're confusing "hips" for "leg".

It's not "leg drive" (straighten the knees) it's "hip drive" (straighten the hips).

Use your glutes.
>>
>>36397411
>and it hurts my back to stand up straight.
then fix your back
>>
>>36397443
But when I do that, my hip joint pulls my torso up and my chest comes up. Then my weight pulls forward, which is what all of Mark's videos say not to do.
>>
>>36397411
What >>36397443 said, lockout with the glutes.
Cue: think you're fucking the air in front of you.
>>36397512
What? No, you understood wrong. Source of claims?
>>
>>36397512
You are confusing hip drahve with hip lift. You thrust your hips forward straightening your legs and back at the same time not just lifting your ass up.
>>
>>36398050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yha2XAc2qu8

In that video, it doesn't look like he's pushing his hips forward at all. It seems like he's just lifting his hips upward.
>>
>>36397411
Read the book faggot

>>36398050
No. Don't make up your own shit.
>>
File: 1430947176641.jpg (33KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1430947176641.jpg
33KB, 555x555px
This thread is relevant to my interests.

The ambiguity over hip drive causes like 40% of my squats to turn into good mornings.

Any sources to help clear this up?
>>
>>36398030
>Cue: think you're fucking the air in front of you.

This is a good cue t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
>>36398923
Sarting Strength: basic barbell training, 3rd edition
>>
>>36398050
Not OP, but now I finally know why my squats were shit. Thanks, Anon.
>>
The squat is literally the only exercise in the entire repertoire of weighted human movement
that allows the direct training of the complex movement pattern known as hip drive - the active recruitment of the muscles of the posterior chain. The term posterior chain refers to the muscles that produce hip extension - the straightening out of the hip joint from its flexed (or bent) position in the bottom of the squat. These muscle groups - also referred to as the hip extensors - are the hamstrings, the glutes, and the adductors (groin muscles). Because these important muscles contribute to jumping, pulling, pushing, and anything else involving the lower body, we want them strong. The best way to get them strong is to squat, and if you are to squat correctly, you must use hip drive, which is best thought of as a shoving-up of the sacral area of the lower back, the area right
above your butt. Every time you use this motion to propel yourself out of the bottom of the squat,
you train the muscles in the posterior chain.
>>
>>36400784

cheeky m8

Where's trappy when you need her/it
>>
>>36397411
"Point your nipples at the floor" is one of Rip's favorite cues. Back off the weight until you can do it right.
>>
>>36403340

The problem is this cue easily translates into doing a good morning. All the info seems contradictory.

Hep drave = j/k it's your glutes
horizontal back = j/k back angle doesn't change
draaaave hep = up, forward, topside but NEVER forward, except that one forward part

dafuq rippletits
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.