[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cycling on Cut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Who here cycles for transport?
What kind of bike and how many miles a week?
>>
Cardio Kills Gains!
>>
Bump for cut!
>>
Doesn't anyone here want to make it?
>>
>>36396367
3 times a week I cycle to and from work, it's a 52 mile round trip. But I'm training for a half IM, so it's a reasonable diatance for me.
>>
File: 5163_RED_l.jpg (232KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
5163_RED_l.jpg
232KB, 850x567px
I use a one gear racing bike.

Probably 7km a day to and from gym
Probably more on weekends to run with dog or other Bros

It helps to bump with images btw
>>
I cycle to the gym so I am warmed up when I get there so I don't need to waste my gym time!
>>
>>36396367

I'll get my bike back in the next weeks, I don't use it for transport but for dedicated cycling. Not sure how I can get back at it though, gained way too much muscle mass over the last year. I tried to ask /fit/ about it a few days ago, noone responded. I guess lifting is all there is around here
>>
I've been riding a bike for the past 3 years (pic related my current ride), same time I decided to start lifting and get out of skelly mode forever. started at 148 pounds now I'm 185. Lost zero gains due to cardio
>>
>>36398096
I've gained plenty of mass while cycling as both travel and fun. I want to help debunk the meme that cardio kills gains
>>
>>36396367
at least one hour every day - 30 minutes to uni and back. i have a beach cruiser but not too obnoxious
>>
>>36398130
my problem isn't being afraid of losing mass, my problem is that I can't ride my bike like I used to, specifically out of the saddle high cadence pedaling uphill. on flat stretches I do way better now simply pushing big gears on a lower cadence, but that doesn't get me up climbs. I want to be able to ride with my skinny bikebros and still fuck them uphill like I used to, but right now I climb like shit.
>>
>>36398183
Squats. Do them. Helps with sprinting and climbing.
>>
I ride a very basic used giant back and forth ~1.5 miles to campus about 2-3 times a day. Bulking and not sure how many kcal to add 2bh
>>
>>36396367

I was 6 foot, 95kg fatass at 23.
I bought a cyclocross bike and used it to cycle after work and weekends, got kinda addicted to riding everywhere I could. Picked up mountain biking as well. Never did any lifting in that time.

> 2 years later

25kg down, but definitely think I lost any muscle I had as well as fat.
starting lifting has been depressing, lifts are weak as fuck for 6 months and weight hovers +/- 2kg

am I gonna make it /fit/?

pic is my mountain bike
>>
Actually started to go to work (8km away) by bike this week. So yeah, 80kms a week.
+ maybe 50-60 more for gym and on weekend with mates.

I just use normal hardtail MTB. Nothing fancy. For the summer I got a nice old racing bike. Not sure if I will use it to go to work, tho.
Was thinking about getting some random trekking/cross bike for work and for longer tours since the MTB is pretty heavy and not the fastest. Did a ~1000km bike tour 2 years ago with MTB and would like to repeat that, maybe with a proper bike.
>>
>>36398183
climbing takes practice. the two best things you can do is climb out of saddle and get a running start
>>
>>36396367
Been cutting for a few months, down from 240 (I know I know) to 215 so far. Really got into cycling the last few months. It's addicting got to say. Using my paps old schwinn cross country bike. Rides really nice but looking to get one myself here soon. Doing average 20 miles a day 3 or 4 times a week. Any recommendations for a decent bike for general use under $300?
>>
>>36398320
I have plenty of strength in my legs from exactly that, read my post again if all you got from it was "lolnolegs".

>>36399077
my problem is that the techniques I used before I got big [for you] no longer seem to work, not sure if practice will fix that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.