[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working out too hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (26KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 470x313px
I'm a young guy who doesn't work out much. I'm pretty tall and skinny as shit. I decided to get into working out. I had worked out before and I enjoyed it. I started a while ago, but stopped due to a minor back injury caused by really poor form. After a few visits to the chiropractor and some rest, I'm fine, but my chiropractor said that working out shouldn't hurt. I thought this was crazy and questioned him about it, but didn't get much else. Whenever I worked out I would push myself pretty hard, I enjoyed the pain. I guess I'm somewhat of a masochist. I would do it until I was sore as hell, and a little sore in the morning. Do I have it all wrong? Is it not supposed to be painful, or do I have a skewed idea of what 'painful' really is? After all, there isn't an objective 'painful'.
>>
>>36387293

there is different kinds of painful, painful muscles aren't the same as painful joints

normally painful joints are very localized pinching pains and muscles are generalized pains

if you have pinching paints you should really, really watch those and get some info in internet about what they could be, because those motherfuckers always get worse and can really fuck you up (like, leaving you months or a year from lifting)
>>
>>36387293
that 'sore as hell and sore in the morning' is just doms (google it). no way an indicator of anything other than you being a weak newfuck to working out
>>
Soreness is fine, sharp pain is what is indicative of injury (or imminent injury)

What you are feeling is a result of being a useless sedentary pile of fuck just getting into lifting. But the fact that the soreness has not caused you to quit is a good sign. Continue lifting, transform yourself into the titan you were meant to be
>>
>>36387326
I have never had pain like that from working out. Maybe a few times in PE in high school (I was and am skinny as shit), but beyond that, it's just muscle pain. The minor back injury was a stupid mistake I made while doing sit-ups. I clenched my entire back and arms, and really hurt my back. Two weeks later I did the same exercise, everything was just fine, I minor form adjustment was the key, and maybe my chiropractor.
>>
>>36387293

Chiropractors are morons.
>>
>>36387343
I am a newfuck. Buck I like the pain.
>>
>>36387392
*But
>>
>>36387378

then it's fine, soreness is normal when starting out, once you get some months on your body you will not have any soreness from working out, only pumps and overall fatigue

and there is something with the pain, the high you get from lifting is similar to the high you get when hurting yourself, so there is really something to it but in a healthy way, no bdsm way
>>
>>36387382
Good thing this one only charged $30. I just couldn't pay a hospital bill. Still in debt from breaking my hand like a moron.
>>
>>36387417
Good thing I'm into both. I'm more of a sadist than a masochist, though. Still a bit of both. Then again, I haven't been able to try anything out on any girls because I'm awkward as shit and a damn pussy.
>>
>>36387378
How do you fuck up a situp?

I always clench my back and arms when doing situps? Never had any problems.

Is this an accident waiting to happen?
>>
>>36387468
No idea. I clenched WAY too hard. Like, I should have stopped many reps ago too hard. I had my arms crossed over my chest. After that, I keep them at my side. This may be irrelevant, but it was also inclined. Idk how to describe it. When I'd lie back, I was nearly perpendicular to the ground.
>>
>>36387293
Oh hey it's that stock image girl
I have this picture saved here for no other reason than I like her smile
>>
>>36387585
Googled "working out too hard," couldn't think of what else to put.
>>
>>36387585
I love how obvious it is that she doesn't want to ingest any of that carcinogenic shit. Sadly, cancerous, shit-posing-as-food food tastes good.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.