[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How and why did you start lifting, /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: ww.jpg (62KB, 446x666px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
62KB, 446x666px
How and why did you start lifting, /fit/?
>>
I was sitting in front of my pc one day and I decided I wasn't happy with being an aushwitz skeleton

I was 23 back then, the next day I joined my local gym

This was in the middle of summer

That's it

Nobody pushed me, nobody motivated me, I just decided I wanted a better body
>>
>>36360000
Me and one of my friends agreed one day it was a good idea to start lifting and would probably be fun. We continued for a few months, and then all within the span of a couple weeks, a girl felt up my arms, another girl told me I was "soooo strong", and a dudebro told me I had nice arms. And that was pretty much it for me, I had to keep going.
>>
>>36360000
I saw myself walking into a shop on the cctv screen and saw how comically skinny my legs were and just decided it isnt acceptable to look like that
>>
I wanted to get strong and I realized how stupid the advanced bodyweight exercises look like.
>>
>>36360000
rejection, just like everyone else itt who isn't lying
>>
>>36360000
usa and EU ruined middle east because the jewish bankers wanted it
>>
I lost my job and just got bored of hanging around at home all the time.
>>
File: 1457317241452.jpg (87KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457317241452.jpg
87KB, 700x700px
>>36360000
Checked em

I started lifting with fucking 10 pound dumbells doing like 50 reps of shit. Over the course of about 3 months of doing this shit-tier workout, I lost 15 pounds, tho. Then I started taking it more seriously.
>>
>>36360074
my life fallen apart, thing about suicide then she smiled at me, it gave me impulse tu change my life, now i regret not killing myself
>>
>>36360000
Was fat in high school
>went to doctor visit
>got told im overweight, high blood pressure, & cholesterol
>get some sort of MRI and get told liver has fat cells surrounding it and its dangerous
>lose weight by dieting
>get into lifting because dont want to look like skinny fat
>>
When I was young I started doing pushups and situps to look like the characters I idolized. As I got older I just kind of kept with it, I had a shitty weight bench in my basement and some light dumbells I would just do to failure whenever I walked by. Took it more seriously in late highschool and uni.
>>
Long term gf betrayed me. Decided I wanted to join the military to get my life on track. Trained cardio and body weight until I could get perfect scores on all the different tests, then decided I didn't want to join, so I signed up for a gym and progressed to weights.
>>
My gf sad that i can't defend her
>>
I was a NEET who thought that I should be using my endless free time to better myself. Started lifting and saw decent progress. I kept at it even after becoming a wageslave. Now it's just something to help me tire myself out so I can sleep better.

Also mires.
>>
started doing cardio to take my mind off of depression. decided i'd rather not have a weakling skinnyfat body and switch to lifting instead.

noob gains feel pretty good.
>>
>>36361310
Feels
>>
I spent my time playing league of legends, I realized that my body was undesirable and that I was weak.

Then I started doing chinups, bw squats, and crunches.

Actually I've been lifting for a year now.
>>
>>36361324
It was really painfull
>>
I had once a girlfriend. Jesus, how in loved i was for that bitch. But some thing was amiss. She didn't show that same feeling for me. She doesn't kiss me in public or show any kind of affection.
I am a lawyer and was in the beginning of my career. I wasnt rich but had some money to spare. A friend of mine told me that she was after my money and what i could give for her but not for myself.
At first i didn't see it that way. I was mad in love. I Took her child as my own and her whole family.
But i was the kind of guy who needed some affection demonstration from my gf and i was not getting any.
The doubt was growing inside me. Finally some day i was able to see it clear as the sunlight.
Some friends asked us out. Was a nice pub, kind fancy but a good place.During the whole night she treated me like a dog, like something she was disgusted with the very presence. I respected her space and i just tried to have a nice night while watching her attitudes.She was acting like a queen asking for the most expensive shit in the menu. At the end of the night, she just give me the whole bill for me to pay: something like R$500,00 (like $250 dollarydoos at the time). After that i realised that i was not his boyfriend but his bank. Got that bitch dumped and promised myself that i was going to be a better man. I was going to forge myself into the best version of me.
>>
>depression
>life falling apart
>lost gf
>no friends

Had to do something to pass the time, decided I might as well do something useful.
>>
>>36361659
Good on you, its a good thing you noticed the trend and got outta there, no one needs to deal with that shit. Hopefully you found someone better who appreciates you for you, not your money.
>>
>>36360000
I was tired of not being seen by women, so i got /fit/ and now I go on like 3 dates a week.
>>
>>36360679
never too late faggot
>>
In high school we had a fitness test in gym. I couldn't do even one pull-up. I decided something had to change.
>>
>>36360000
I was bullied throughout high school. Two years ago I was pais off from my job as a lifeguard so going to that gym was out of the question. I begged my mother for a weights set, eventually she caved. It was a maximuscle bench with 30kg and two 7.5Kg york dumbbells. As I got stronger I bought some more weight. Eventually a new gym opened up and I started frequenting it. By time high school was finished I was the biggest strongest one there. It helped me overcome bullying and low self esteem. Best thing I ever did in a sea of fuckups, and I love my mum for letting me lift in the garage.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.