[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls at the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x667px
Hey /fit/. Do you have any success with women at the gym? I don't have any idea on how to approach and begin a conversation when a girl is clearly mirin and moving her workouts close to mine. Can anyone help? I'm not really autistic, just shy.
>>
have you tried saying hello?
>>
the gym is for exercise not socializing please go outside to do this
>>
the people in this thread are right

gym is a bad place to speak to a woman
>>
>>36343701

i got approached by girls twice in 5 years of lifting. in this circumstances only should you ever try to pound in a gym. otherwise you'll just look thirsty and desesperate.
>>
>>36343575
qt kept invading my safe bubble today
what do i do
>>
>>36343585
I always think about it. But then I think "then what?" I don't have anything to say after that.

>>36343591
I used to feel that way too. Same with school. I'm here to learn, not socialize. However, recently I started wondering what could have been if I had approached these girls. I'm realizing that being social is a full time thing, and I want to work on it.
>>
>>36343714
That's the right attitude to have anon. The whole, "don't socialize in the gym" routine is legitimately a fucking meme. With that logic no one would meet anyone anywhere other than at a bar/club/social gathering. As far as how to approach women in the gym, I've got pretty much nothing, other than say hello and take it from there. You could always mention whether or not you've seen her before (i.e. i see you here a lot, or I've never seen you before) and take it from there. Really you just have to start talking to people and practice your socializing skills until you get good enough to confidently ask a girl out.
>>
>>36343772
I think people generally agree not to try to talk to/pick up girls at s gym because literally EVERYONE is there with one goal in mind. To work out . the gym is just a place where no one wants to be bothered. Now if you have a specific girl in mind and you feel like she's noticed you and her body language seems inviting sure but overall to just randomly walk up to one you don't know just don't

It's a general consensus that women don't want to be bothered at the gym anyway

It's fine to socialize but the gym is not a social setting so
>>
>>36343575
Start talking to the guys you see evert time you do to the gym. Once you can name at least a half dozen other dudes, and are on friendly speaking terms with at least a few people every session before or after you lift then start working in the ladies. Just be social at the gym, figure out how to do it successfully.
>>
>>36343713
she might be closer than you think ;)
>>
>>36343772

English isn't my first language so sorry in advance if I fuck up.

I'm on the same boat as you as in I also believe socializing is a full time activity. You're either social or you aren't. You either talk to people at the gym/at school/hell in the fuckin bus or you don't.

That being said, I talk to women in the gym. Some examples: there's this one girl I used to see all the time. Cute af and always lifts very hard (saw her bench 2pl8s once). So yeah one time I was drinking water at the fountain and she comes up behind me. I just jokingly said ''so what's next? 8 plates squats?''. She just laughed. Next day we just exchanged smiles. Then names. And so on.

Another time this one girl was squatting with her back rounded next to me. Just told her ''watch out'' - her ''what?'' - your back's rounded. Kept on with my lifting and later went to ''apologize if that was rude', introduced myself and so on.

Other times there are girls I'd like to go and talk to but I realize the context just isn't good.

What I mean is the gym is no different than the rest of the world. If you know how to approach women (and even guys, just people in general, at this point I'm bros with every regular in the place) and you ask ''how do I approach women in the gym'' the answer is ''same as you would outside the gym''. If you don't know how to approach women, what you're asking isn't ''how do I approach women in the gym?'' but ''how do I approach women?''

I realize this sounds autistic english not first language but hopefully y'all get the point.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 330x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 330x384px
There's a reason 90% of people have headphones at the gym
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
>>36343818
I like your style anon
no homo
>>
>>36343827
> apologize for his English at the start and end of his post
> says he sounds autistic
> claims he is social
Nice try.
>>
>>36343804

Yeah, when I'm at the gym, I generally prefer to be left alone. But I'd be open to someone I find attractive coming to me and saying hi. (who wouldn't?) So what if girls are thinking the same thing? I observe one I think is cute, and if she has open body language towards me, eye contact, etc... But I have yet to actually make a move on one. If I'm at a bar/club, I can dance with her, get her number, but 99% of the time they end up not being right for me. I want a girl who has a passion for fitness like myself, but I have no idea what to say to her. "Hello, I'm anon" "Hi! I'm _____" "so uh... How many scoops do you take?"
>>
>>36343915

take what you want from that bud, the point is still valid. if you want to keep your barriers and not approach women in the gym ever i genuinely don't care.
>>
>>36343575
The gym is not a fucking bar

Do your workout and stop being a creep
>>
>>36343591
>school is for studying not socializing plz outside go
>job is fer werking not socializing plz outgo side
>bus is for bussing plz otside socialize go

Would you be so kind as to refer me to designated socializing areas?

Socializing is not something you "do" or stop doing. Just be sociable, a.k.a nice,polite, say hello, laugh at jokes and look at people in the eyes when they speak to you, regardless of man/women/hot or not.
That alone is enough in the gym, and if it must go further you'll meet up ouside, simple as that.
>>
>>36343575

I talked to a girl on the stretching mat and she agreed to go run a mile with me at the park a few days later

Neither of us could run the full mile

We never talked again
>>
File: 1456188830993.jpg (53KB, 400x400px)
1456188830993.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
haha don't OP holy shit
>Go to gym
>don't socialize before
>See chick
>see her a lot like almost everyday
>extremely you type
>talk to her
>next week she's smacking lips with another dude she's been dating for years
>turns out there really is a gym culture at you huge ass gym.
>everyone snickerdy snackerly at youand your pathetic attempt
>>
>>36344257
Kek, not sure why I found this so pitifully funny
>>
Guys trying to talk to me at the gym just come out looking like creeps. If you want to hookup with some sleezy bitch then you should just make a tindr account.
>>
>>36345030
>dont hit on me silly boys
Shut up whore
>>
>>36343832
as to drain off the shitty music blasting through the speakers?
If they didn't play the music I wouldn't wear headphones since I'd much rather just listen to natural gymgrunting
>>
Only people at my gym are buff 40yo dudes and this russian blonde who's also 40yo.

At least it's a good gym.

But I wish there were more girls there.
>>
>qt at my gym
>change gyms as mine becomes shit
>don't see qt anymore

:(
>>
>>36344901

DL 5pl8 for reps and silence their chit chat.
>>
>>36345397
Iktf
>ripped qt at gym
>he's always smiling and talking to me
>I have to change times coz new job and puppa
>never see him again
>>
>>36343575

I don't think alot of people go to the gym wanting to be approached.
>>
>>36345030
I don't want a sleezy bitch I want that shy fit qt
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.