[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a Fitness app

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: security-guard-smartphone-app.jpg (2MB, 4300x3200px) Image search: [Google]
security-guard-smartphone-app.jpg
2MB, 4300x3200px
Okay, I happen to be a lifter and a code monkey.

I've been thinking about making an app related to fitness and wish to have your advises and opinions.

I've done nothing yet but I plan on making an app that will:
- Help you build your routine (what you have to do today, etc, ...)
- Calculate your macros
- keep tracks of your lifts, PR, ...

Good/bad idea ? Anyhting to remove or to add ?
>>
Make an app that lets me track dick size of guys I've fucked at my gym.
>>
>>36339169
Yeah well it's supposed to be use by other people than /fit/
>>
If you're feeling really ambitious, have it calculate approximate calories burned given weight/reps/set/exercise. That would be amazing
>>
I honestly never would use a lifting app. But if I were interested in one I'd want one that you could setup a calendar with a routine. So it would be "it's Monday time for 3x5 squats. Last squat session you did 315 pounds." Then you tell it you did your squats and at what weight, and then it tells you your next lift. It should come preprogrammed with well known routines plus have the ability to customize your own. And if there happens to be a lift not in the database, you can name your own lift as well.
>>
>>36339231
How am I supposed to know how much calories each exercices is supposed to burn per set or reps ?
I mean, that's possible for jogging, swimming and that kind of things. But lifting has too many different exercices to know such a thing.
>>
>>36339299
Yeah that's what I was talking about in my first point.
I think it's a pretty good idea.
>>
>>36339302
Calculating work, then putting it into kinetic energy, then finally going to calories. Work=force*distance; force=mass*acceleration, mass=weight in kg, acceleration= You decide.
>>
>>36339357
Wich should be influenced by the wiegth of the person doing the work, the speed of it and a lot of other caracteristics.
I'm probably not going to add this but I'll give it a tought.
>>
I tought it would interest more people.
>>
>>36339357
lmao notsureifsrs
>>
>>36339525
The thing is, lifting is pretty simple. You pick heavy shit up and then do it again and again. You would be better off with a yoga app that integrates with Facebook. Women love that shit. Assuming you care about success more than integrity or making something actually useful.
>>
>>36339153
There are already enough fitness apps. I'd rather not have it mine bitcoin in the background.
>>
>>36339525
if someone was going to use an app then they'd use one of the already available ones, fitnotes and progression are your enemies
>>
>>36339357
> implying that works
A 300 pound power lifter doing 1 pl8 deadlift isn't the same as a 130 pound weakling doing the same thing
>>
>>36339357
Look, someone who hasn't taken physics.

a = 9.8 m/s^2,

I wouldn't bother with that shit though, OP. ROM, intensity, etc can really affect these values.

My suggestions:
-Full customization of workout routine. Let us build "days" into the routine with custom names. So people on programs like SS can have "A" and "B", PPL people can have each day, etc.
-As mentioned above, include some basic starter programs: SS, SL, Greyskull, etc. Because these programs all eventually add in accessories, you MUST allow all to be customized. As in, we can use the program as-stated as a "template", and add/edit from there.
-Option to add a lift in on a particular day. For example, I'm at the gym and feel like doing a lift I don't normally do. Instead of having to go out and add it to the routine & then input the values, just have a "quick add" feature.
-Option to place notes on the workout day. For example, perhaps you're lifting sick, or tired, or injured, etc. and wish to note that.
-Option to take a photograph at the beginning of each week & attach it to that week's file. Could be very motivational for beginners, and something cool to look at after a year of lifting.
-Option to "back up" or send a lift report to your email at designated times, like weekly or monthly. It would include the pictures taken & daily lifting details.

I would literally pay for this app, which is saying a lot because I never buy apps. Ever.
>>
>>36339153

make an app that calculates e-stats into real lifts, and be able to feed it a post# from a live /fit/ thread to auto-generate a reply
>>
>>36339556
Erf, I don't know. If the app is good, I want it to be succesfull but I care more about integrity.
Anybody can make a clickbait website filled with ads.
The thing is I see a lot of useful apps but they always lack something. My goal is to reunite them all into one good and useful application.

>>36339559
I've been lured once into the cryptocurrency meme. I won't be lured twice.

>>36339603
Thanks m8. Your suggestions are excellent.

>>36339664
Like I said, it's supposed to be used by other people than /fit/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.