/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite the autism of it all, would shadow boxing in my room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Frank Frazetta - Icon - 21.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Frazetta - Icon - 21.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
Despite the autism of it all, would shadow boxing in my room (twice a week for an hour) be beneficial to my cardiovascular endurance?

I have a lot of space in my room and kind of hate running. I'm an ottermode on a bulk, trying to stay somewhat in shape while lifting.

>inb4 doing cardio while on a bulk will make you remain skelly
>>
>>36330973
shadow boxing in its own right isn't going to do much, just nut up the cash if you want to box and buy a bag, running/biking would do better for improving if all you can do is shadowbox.

If you decide to ignore this advice, be careful, punching the air without resistance all day long can hyperextend the elbow, and is very likely to cause injury. I advise this especially because it sounds as if you aren't very trained in boxing, and your form/motion control would be lacking
>>
speed jump rope = $8

do it in your garage

easiest and cheapest cardio plus you look cool

>inb4 OP buys one of those giant plastic double dutch ropes
>>
>>36330973
>would throwing my arms around for 2 hours a week improve my CARDIOVASCULAR ENDURANCE
no... it wouldn't, if you hate running, then swimming and biking are the only long intensity training methods frequently used. Doing a plyometrics routine like from p90x or just creating one of your own would be better, but just shadowboxing 2 hours a week isnt gonna do shit, which on that note, even running 2 hours a week aint gonna do much, maybe doing cardio 1 hour a day for 3-4 days, but not just 2 for improvement
>>
no offense OP but shadow boxing in your room sounds like something someone who browses /a/ would do.

I assume you are a fat guy so just go out and walk. Also try my suggestion for jump rope but don't over-do it.

Also walk-run. I assume you don't live in the ghetto or the fucking sticks so when you run there should be light poles every 50m or so. As you get less fat consider the areas between poles one section and start running more poles during your walk until you are jogging the whole way.
>>
>>36330973
Yeah, sure. But you'll only hurt yourself if you hyperextend your joints.
>>
>>36331119
>implying most boxers don't shadowbox in their downtime
>implying most amateur boxers aren't on /a/ right now
>implying you can overdo jump rope, inb4 muh knees
>>
OP here, thanks for the answers guys. Didn't think it would be THAT retarded.

>>36331119 Nah familia I'm literally the opposite of fat as said in first post.
>>
>>36331080
>speed jump rope = $8
Where from senpai?
I live in aus.
>>
>>36330973
So have you ever trained boxing from my little understanding I was under the impression that shadow boxing is an additional thing to do just like you don't do Curls or hyper extensions as a main lift.
>>
>>36331193
>not living in us, where everything is 8$
but seriously, go buy a cheap ethernet or HDMI cable thats long enough, cut it to length, and start jumping over it. Literally the same effect
>>
>>36331193
>Where from senpai?

amazon, walmart have the cheap ones. I prefer the cheaper ones that just have plastic grips and no foam or neoprene (those ones are usually 15)
>>
>>36331073
>buy a bag
This, or get some pads and a friend to do pad work with.
>>
>>36331159
most boxers are something OP is not, boxers. They're working on technique.

OP, jump rope is what you're looking for, you'll hurt the elbows and look retarded, and learn nothing just shadow boxing. Either train on a heavy bag with wraps and gloves or jump rope.

I box at the collegiate level, so I'm not totally talking out of my ass
>>
>>36330973
Yes.

Shadow boxing is literally how I did aerobic cardio from 225lb down to 175lb

Since then I have switched to barbell co plexus and anaerobic cardio only.

For at home I do plyo shit like explosive push ups, atg squat jumps, and bodyweight shit in general. (I just keep it explosive enough to keep it under 15 reps)

When fighter tire themselves out, it is because they are going balls-to-the-wall swinging as hard and fast as they can.

Even elite athletes get fatigued after a few minutes of that type of activity.

You could absolutely get a great cardio from shadow boxing, especially if you add kicks, and do it with enough speed and power to keep it mostly anaerobic (think sprinting - just go as hard as you can like your life depends on it, then go even harder)

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

It also will make you a marginally better striker (more speed and comfort with proper technique.. A bag is more useful for this aspect as you are training proper striking contact, which is literally the crux of striking)
>>
>>36331336
Why are you assuming op is completely incompetent at boxing?
>>
>>36331352
because if hes boxed at all he would have a whole lot more knowledge about cardio? And how to get his endurance up?
>>
>>36331339
literally what the fuck. of course you will burn calories, but "going hard" shadow boxing is so autistic it is actually making me cringe.

I fucking hate it when I train on the bag and some retarded motherfucker is literally just shadowboxing for ages. You're ingraining pisspoor technique and probably destroying your elbows in the process.
>>
>>36331352
OP here. I've trained kick boxing for 4-5 months but yeah I haven't really acquired any worthwhile skills.

I guess I'll just stick to jumping rope as I can't have a heavy bag right now in my home, thanks for the advice guys.
>>
Try for yourself but after one week don't come with excuses for your new elbow and shoulder pains.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.