[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ 63kg DYEL here. Does smoking hinder gains? Will I pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Hey /fit/ 63kg DYEL here. Does smoking hinder gains? Will I pick up weight if I stop smoking? Looking to bulk up
>>
Nicotine suppresses appetite and cigarettes make food taste like trash. It's likely you would eat more if you quit.
>>
nicotine retard cell regeneration as well but IANAD
>>
Start smoking weed instead. With one spliff a day I don't even feel like smoking more than one normal cigarette, and it helps me immensely with working up the appetite to stuff enough calories down my piehole.

>inb4 DUDE
>>
>>36330402
Smoking will 100% hinder your gains at first, but if you smoke enough you can increase your chances of getting cancer later on down the line. Once you hit that point you can get those sick cancer gains from the broom closet full of meds they'll have to put you on to keep you from dying as they pump your blood full of so much poison that it will probably kill you way before the cancer ever could.

Serious talk, and I really shouldn't have to say this because it's not hard to understand. That shit is bad for you, period. Your health will degrade because of it, and any degradation of your health is going to reduce your body's ability to regenerate muscle tissue and build muscle mass.
>>
>>36331225

>replacing one addiction for another
>>
>>36331268
Can confirm.
Couldn't make any gains while smoking.
I stopped, now everything from small cuts to muh gains happen immensely quicker.
>>
>>36330402
Smoking is probably one of the worst things you can do if you want to make gains. You won't be able to eat enough to put on mass because smoking reduces your appetite. You will also have limited lung capacity when working out and will be short of breath. Smoking also relaxes you which is no good if you want to get fucking hyped for a lift.

Stop smoking and start doing steroids like everyone else on this board. It's just as bad for you.
>>
File: b38qci7t27fee2ljyv3a.jpg (85KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
b38qci7t27fee2ljyv3a.jpg
85KB, 636x477px
>>36330402

Fellow DYEL here, 70 kg 5'9 king of manlets.
Real talk OP, from my own experience.

I used to smoke, did that shit for like, 15 years. Quit when I was 28, went over to a nicotine replacement. Still hungry hungry skeleton.

Nicotine in your system suppresses apetite by regulating your blood sugar for you.
I quit the nico in march last year, and over the course of the summer went from 60 to 70 kg. Went back on it in a weak moment, gains have been slow ever since.

Quit again with the help of Cantix three weeks back, apetite back to "normal" levels.

It's not the smoking itself. Its the nicotine. Going over to the patches or gum won't help.

Want to grow?
Quit that shit.
Asap.
>>
>>36331288
>weed
>addiction
choose one
>>
>>36335547
Nice meme friend. Continue to delude yourself thinking weed is a cure all.
>>
>>36330674
>>36333548
thefuck? i smoke for 5 years now and i don't have a problem with gaining mass or eating, of course my cardio is not the best but its not the worst too
6'0, 180lbs, 13%bf, lifting for 2,5 years
0,8ohp
2,5 bench
0 squat
3,5 dl
>>
>>36335547
Studies have shown that weed is a substance someone can be come addicted to, albeit not the strong physical chemical addiction tobacco products create.

Addiction takes many forms, and in the case of marijuana it is habitual addiction most often I've heard its a "I can't sleep without smoking weed".

Furthermore, there are adverse effects associated with both forms of smoking. If you want to avoid health detriments and still consume your substance of choice I would recommend edibles to reduce the negative impact on your lungs.
>>
>>36335674
>these numbers
>having mass
Pick one
>>
>>36335695
weed is as addictive as food for me
you can get addicted to anything if you're mentally weak
>>
File: inadf.jpg (34KB, 409x429px) Image search: [Google]
inadf.jpg
34KB, 409x429px
>>36335710
this is a photoshoot i did 3 months ago, was 82kg back then
>>
>>36330402
in theory it does but IRL i've seen a bunch of stong smokers in my gym. one of them is a natty 4pl8 bencher even.

but he's strong IN SPITE of being a smoker.
keep that in mind.
>>
>>36335743
True. Its a habitual thing for sure. I only get annoyed if i believed i was getting some but didn't. Like not getting laid when you were sure you were. After 7 years of daily smoking multiple times a day, i could care less if i dont smoke on days when i travel. But no matter where i go i always find it and i don't even try. It's habitual but its more like a "I'm gonna smoke when i get home" than "i need to blaze". Those guys look like addicts to me and I've smoked probably 3 or 4 pounds in my life lol
>>
>>36335674
I smoke too. You're too accustomed to the taste of tobacco to notice it but yeah it ruins any flavor bar the very strong one.
Stop smoking for 2 days and go enjoy a good beer. You'll see how different it tastes
>>
>>36335674
The only lift that's respectable is the one that requires minimal core stabilization and no valsalva. Gee, I wonder if smoking if fucking with your gains.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.