[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supplements That Aren't Scams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: NF-supplementsHeader.jpg (97KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
NF-supplementsHeader.jpg
97KB, 500x251px
Let's get whey out of the way because it's a waste of time and energy when 9 out of 10 people will list it.

Going to be a largely subjective discussion. My list is:

>Fish Oil
>Multi
>Vitamin D
>Creatine
>Beta Alanine

I've tried but noticed no noticeable benefit or result and therefore cannot recommend:

>ZMA
>Magnesium
>Green Tea Extract
>Vitamin B

Should I look into Vitamin C or antioxidants?
>>
File: 1456306456265.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456306456265.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
>>36284673
Steroids work 100 percent of the time
You will notice increased muscle growth and extra libido
>>
>>36284673
>>Fish Oil
debatable, concentration is key and the average serving of fish has like 4 days worth of fish supplements. There has been little positive evidence proving this has benefits.

>>36284673
>>Vitamin B
Also entirely depends on which number and how you are taking it, b12 has shown to absorb with supplements, but there isn't a lot of supporting evidence for the others.

>>36284673
>Magnesium
You wouldn't notice this anyways, magnesium is mainly used for the repair process and needs an influx of other minerals/vitamins to work properly.
>>
>>36284673
google snakeoil webpage, interactive scientific webpage that links you the papers on researches done for supplements and herbs.
enjoy
>>
Caffiene
(MAYBE) BCAAs (if you're not getting enough through diet, have also heard like 10 gs postworkout DOES make a significant difference in Muscle Protein Synthesis)
Krill oil (same as fish oil basically, just more effective due to more efficient absorption)
Melatonin for dem sleep gains (helps soooooo so much)
L-theanine calms you down and destresses, relaxes you (works with Caffiene to make a nootropic stack for better mental clarity and processing, or with melatonin to help fall asleep much more easily)
>>
>>36284791
which other minerals should i take to get the full effect?
>>
>>36284791
>little positive evidence
FUCKING JUST

You guys, most credible, non biased, supp review site that cites scientific studies is Examine.com
>>
>>36284827
>Melatonin for dem sleep gains (helps soooooo so much)

whenever I take this shit I wake up super fucking tired. like my eyes are soar and won't open
>>
L-Lysine practically cured me of cold sores. I havnt had to take the pill in 2 years. Once a cold sore popped on my lip id take 1g per day for 2-3 days but it was usually gone the next day. I used to have outbreaks every few weeks but its all over now.
>>
>>36284791
>Source: My Ass

>>36284673
>Ashwahgandha
Relaxes me and gives me energy at the same time; seems to have stopped my anxiety.

>Maca
Makes me horny for the most part, wakes me up a bit as well.

>Vitamin D
It's not sunny where I live, so these always make me feel better as compared to when I don't take em.
>>
Just dropped another 25$ on beta alanine 'cause sunk cost fallacy and 12 weeks to fully dose etc. am i wasting my money?
>>
>>36284887
Do you sleep with blackout curtains? Melatonin is highly responsive to light. Will make you more sleepy in the dark and help you wake up when its light.
>>
>>36284791
this person literally doesn't know what they're talking about
>>
>>36284673
take zinc
>>
>>36284978
Not that dude, but Im having trouble adjusting to waking up at 5AM for rowing training. Since it's still pitch black outside when I need to wake up, would melatonin have much of an influence on my ability to wake up feeling rested? I can usually only get to sleep around 10:30-11PM so I want to make the most of the 6 hours I'm getting.
>>
>>36284978
I have a mask. Ill try it again.

i use GABA for sleep. it makes me sleep fast.
>>
LGD-4033
>>
>>36285018
>I have a mask
If it was pulled off, would you die?
>>
>>36285113
im darth vader bruh.

naw a sleep eye mask
>>
>>36284887
Does it just not work for some people?
I've taken upwards 100mg and still couldn't fall asleep, and I was wired from caffeine or anything.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_oil#Health_effects
>studies conclude it does fucking nothing for anything
>>
>>36285797
>studies conclude it does some good shit

https://examine.com/supplements/fish-oil/
>>
Creatine
Protein powder if you count that as a supplement
Melatonin
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.