[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is protein powder pretty much mandatory for bodybuilding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 518Rlpj0b4L._SY355_[1].jpg (28KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
518Rlpj0b4L._SY355_[1].jpg
28KB, 355x355px
Is protein powder pretty much mandatory for bodybuilding?
>>
>>36280706
No
>>
>>36280706
Yes
>>
>>36280706
Maybe
>>
/thread
>>
>>36280706
Doubtful
>>
>>36280706
can you repeat the question?
>>
>>36280706
No, it is not. It is a MEME, and an expensive one. EAT FOOD. You can get more than enough protein every day from eating normal food and for less money than expensive unnecessary protein powder.
>>
>>36280706

You don't need it

But some people have a hard time getting enough protein without massively overeating, or they don't like to eat that much.

Personally I use it, not as much as some people though. Mix a scoop in with leftover coffee for a pre workout energy boost
>>
>>36280706
Yes, it is. It is not a MEME, and an it's inexpensive. DON'T EAT FOOD. You can't get enough protein every day from eating normal food and for more money than cheap and necessary protein powder.
>>
>>36281462
nigga what
whey gives you twice the protein cheapest meat does for the same price
>>
>>36281512
>doesn't know how to shop for food properly and effectively
>probably thinks eating McDoubles is a good idea and 'cheap food'
>>
>>36281542
lol wut
>>
>>36281569
I know, right? Some guys apparently don't have any idea how to shop around for the best deals on decent food at grocery stores, don't know how to cook, and actually think that garbage food like McDonalds is cheap nutritious food. I've been getting boneless skinless chicken breast at Winco for $1.99 a pound for years now, that's their regular price. How can you beat that? Some guys have to learn the hard way I guess.
>>
I worked out for 2 years without taking any kind of supplements and when i bought my firs bag of whey concentrate i could swear i felt it physically. The recovery got better and faster and my workouts got better too. Could be placebo but i will continue to use whey protein powder thats for sure.
>>
>>36281619
Yeah, sorry, that's placebo effect. People were getting mad gains hundreds of years before there were supplements like protein powder. You could even drink a pint of whole milk right after your workout and get a decent amount of protein and spend way less money.
>>
>>36281462
Protein is cheap as fuck if you buy in bulk holy fuck you're retarded. Buy a 5-8 pound supply and your price per scoop will be retarded cheap.

Also
>being poor
>>
>>36281649
Oh, who cares. When I used to buy the shit I'd buy 10 pound bags of unflavored for relatively cheap. I haven't bought any in years and have discovered that so long as you're getting enough protein from regular food every day you don't need supplementation; the 'recovery window' has been disproven over and over again. If you honestly think you 'need' protein powder, then you're experiencing a placebo effect. You don't need it.
>>
>>36281613
congrats for your deal but theres nothing like that around where i live. chicken breast is twice that price here and believe me, ive looked everywhere.

and even with your price you get about 50-60 grams of protein per dollar. i myself get 80-90 grams of protein per dollar with whey.

>>36281756
but if youre poor you might not be able to get enough protein from regular food
>>
>>36280706
No, but it makes it easier to be lazy.
>>
>>36281773
>ive looked everywhere.
No you haven't
>>
>>36281831
you dont even know where i live. yes i have.
>>
>>36281866
Fine. What's your zipcode?
>>
>>36281935
>>
>>36281955
There's at least one Costco near you. Get a membership there. I used to get chicken breast in bulk there for a decent price, not as good as Winco but not bad either. You can also save money on other shit there, so win-win. You're welcome.
>>
>>36282040
there's no costco near me. i dont even live in murrica you shit
>>
File: kek.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>36282040
>>36282058
>>
>>36281402
>>36281082
>>36281411
>>36281440
ayy lmao
>>
It's not necessary for skinny fags or manlets, but when your 6ft3 210lbs and bulking it definitely helps make your life easier.
>>
>>36282656
if youre having trouble reaching ur proton goals when bulking youre doing something wrong. whey is whey more important for cutting cause it makes it easier to get protons without much fat (and its cheap).
>>
>>36281512
As this thread doesnt provide too much useful information:

No, it's not mandatory, but it's comfortable using it. You can achieve the necessary levels of protein with normal food as well. But you pretty much need to tailor your complete diet to that. And you need to pass on some of the food that simply doesnt provide the macros you need while eating stuff you wouldn't need normally just for the protein. Powder helps with that, and you can pretty much eat what you want, as long as you watch the calories and supply enough protein via powder (counting those calories as well of course).
>>
File: 1456184704863.png (820KB, 862x641px) Image search: [Google]
1456184704863.png
820KB, 862x641px
>>36283000
At the same time it's not because chicken/lean fish is way more filling than whey, and you probably want to be more full on a cut.

Whey's good for 3 reasons only:
> cheapest protein
> convenient
> can't eat other sources of meat (allergies, religion, etc.)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.