[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$500 for food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: foodstamp.jpg (50KB, 640x374px) Image search: [Google]
foodstamp.jpg
50KB, 640x374px
Gonna try this here as well because /ck/ is slow

My state just gave me $500 for the month of March in foodstamps.

I hardly ate $75 worth of food in a month back when I was working.

I am literally dumbfounded and have no fucking idea what to buy with this. Do I eat steak every night? Crab legs? Lobsters?

Please help because I don't know how to spend this

And to all you faggot who hate that I can get foodstamps or that I'm getting so much, I agree with you. I would much rather something like $100-125 in food money and some actual real money that I can pay bills with, but you can't get that unless you have a dependent (I don't.)
>>
Damn neets.
>>
>>36260220
You have dependants or there was a processing error.

The one person maximum is $194.
>>
Buy food and sell it. Use profit to pay bills.
>>
Sell people food?
>>
>>36260261

No. Buy food and eat it. Use bulk to get gainz.
>>
>>36260257
>You have dependants or there was a processing error.
When I got approved they loaded 300 some dollars on it. I only used like 150 or something and now I have this.

No dependents, just schizo.
>>
Stock up on grass fed beef and freeze it
>>
>>36260220
scam that shit off.

Buy food or whatever and sell it.

Also, how the fuck do you only eat $75 worth of food a month?

Also, don't feel bad about ripping off the government. When you see the way they award contracts to various companies, etc. you'll realize you're a cuck not ripping them off.
>>
>>36260220
Fuck off, honestly. At my current state as an eurocuck I'm living off less than 200$ ("welfare").. And since the US is so much creeper than here (nutrition, not quality) I'd never be able to waste that much cash.
We're not all rick panini bacon pasta you know
>>
>>36260220
Just shop at Whole Foods
>>
>>36260322
Cheaper* and more creep desu senpai
>>
>bragging about being a welfare baby
>>
>>36260345
Refusing that you want want to be
>>
>>36260311
>Also, how the fuck do you only eat $75 worth of food a month?
I don't know. I don't want to eat.
>>36260345
>bragging
I'm not bragging. I really don't think I should be getting this much. I just don't know what to do with it. How can anyone spend $500 on food?
>>
>>36260220

Get swole fan: https://youtu.be/xaoFny0B8bE
>>
>>36260220
Plenty of people will buy those food stamps off of you anon. Typical price where I live is 75 cents on the dollar but I'm not sure if that's cheap or expensive.
>>
>>36260423
>Plenty of people will buy those food stamps off of you anon. Typical price where I live is 75 cents on the dollar but I'm not sure if that's cheap or expensive.
This isn't realistic for me. I hardly ever leave the house because I think everyone is looking out their windows and plotting ways to kill me. I can't converse with people because I can hear their thoughts and how they want to hurt me. Selling these to people is not going to happen.
>>
>>36260446
I understand anon. Why don't you buy some food that will last a long time? I was on foodstamps for awhile when I was younger, then they ended abruptly. Start a nice little pantry with canned food and stuff that won't perish easily.
>>
File: 8773346366_8735dbfb43_z.jpg (206KB, 640x537px) Image search: [Google]
8773346366_8735dbfb43_z.jpg
206KB, 640x537px
>>36260446
>I can't converse with people because I can hear their thoughts and how they want to hurt me.
>>
>>36260220

I spend £70 every week on food and that is without anything in the way of snacks, deserts or alcohol.

How the fuck do you spend $75 a month. Are you literally eating rice and water?
>>
>>36260220
give it to somebody who needs it. be a decent human being
>>
buy me some steaks brah
>>
>>36260491
Yeah maybe I'll do this freeze a bunch of meat.

>>36260500
It's hilarious that people are sick, right?
>>
>>36260539
Pretty much. Lots of ramen, potatoes, hotdogs, etc.

I grew up homeless so I learned to live on less and garbage.
>>
>>36260839
On a side note, how do you live off of 75 a week? As a poorfag myself I am curious about your methods.
>>
>>36260869
A month* Sorry man I'm drunk as fuck.
>>
>>36260869
>75 a week
I wish.
I already said. Sacks of potatoes. Family packs of that Shin Ramyun RED and BLACK. hotdogs with no buns. Rice.

But the biggest component is not eating for days at a time and just drinking water when you're hungry.

Anti depressants that I used to take before I heard voices also suppressed my appetite.
>>
>500$ a month for food

Fucking hell that's a ton. My sis only got 200$ for both of us (they only paid her) and we were able to stretch that for the month. By the end of the month we were comfortably set for food

>broke it down to 50$ a week
>Sams Club
>first 50$ on pure chicken
>2nd week pure hamburger meat
>3rd pure pork chops
>4th stuff she wanted spaghetti,pizza, mcnuggets
>by the next month the freezer was full of meat just had to replace every other week what we used

If you can't deal with 500$ you;re a dumbass
>>
>>36260220
You could always just ask your local food bank what they need most and just dump your remaining funds each month into charity. At least give back some of your NEET profits to people that need it.
>>
>>36260446
HE KNOWS
>>
>>36260898
Ah. I can't not eat, trying to put on weight myself. But I do applaud you. Even with foodstamps you aren't trying to ball out and buy all the bullshit and stuff yourself until fat. I think you're a good person, and I apologize for not seeing the post before. Like I said, drunk as fuck.
>>
>>36260277
Sounds like an error on their end, drop it all on non-perishables in case they catch their mistake next month.
>>
>>36260916
>trying to put on weight
You should try one of anti psychotics my psychiatrist had me on. Not only do they make you feel like you haven't eaten in weeks and you're never ever satiated, but also fuck up hormones and your metabolism so you pack fat around your torso even if you're eating below your tdee.

Thankfully he gave up on those when I had been on all the FDA approved ones.
>>
>>36260901
>if you can't deal
I can't deal with it because I don't know how the fuck to spend money on food like a normal person. I'm used to poorfag eating and now I have the option not to do that and it's overwhelming.

Like taking an African into Costco and telling him "you can have anything in the food section you want. Anything."
>>
>>36260446
I will fucking murder you I know where you live
>>
>>36261031
Text interaction doesn't trigger any of my issues but nice try I guess.
>>
>>36260446
The thoughts you're hearing are your own.

The only voice in your head is your own.
>>
>>36261070
dammit
>>
>>36260220

Chicken, rice, broccoli, oats, and bananas should be your staples. Just mix in a few healthy things here and there so you don't get bored. Lots of salsa and chili paste too.
>>
>>36261075
and god isn't real, we know anon, rationalism 101
>>
>>36261075
You can tell me that. My psychiatrist can tell me that. Anyone call tell me that.

It doesn't make the feelings go away. It doesn't make me feel any less anxious. It doesn't make me believe that it's not real.

Sometimes I question if the voices are real or not but I can't tell. If they weren't then shouldn't one of the antipsychotics I've been on made them go away?
>>
>>36261105
they'll stay in as long as you'll keep wondering/tolerate them
It's you vs yourself
>>
File: heh.gif (813KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
813KB, 240x160px
>>36260277

>No dependents, just schizo

So you're eating for two, then?
>>
>>36261142
You think I tolerate or let them in?
You can't just willpower the disease to leave.
>>
>>36261142
That's not schizophrenia works you fucking faggot.

>hurr durr just outsmart your psychosis
>just don't tolerate your auditory hallucinations

Kill yourself.
>>
>>36260220
>Foodstamps?
Either you are a nigger, or they just closed down the last coal mine in West Virginia. Either way, I forgot my point.
>>
>>36260220
I'd buy a good supply of dry goods and canned goods just in case the government made a mistake.

Dried beans of all sorts
Bag of rice
Canned foods like tuna, tomatoes, etc
Frozen vegetables
Meat (you can freeze them)
Spices galore
Salt
Sugar
Flour
Noodles
Steel cut oats
Dried fruits

If you like baking, I suggest getting baking items that you can toss in. Like raisin or chocolate chips. Oh and butter is great.

If you want to purchase perishables, I'd go for fresh vegetables. Asparagus, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, etc.
Eggs
Milk
>>
>>36261169
>>36261177
>implying willpower/belief doesn't cure physical and mental illnesses
Inform yourself
>>
>>36261240
>armchair psychiatry

Kill yourself.
>>
>>36261240

They made /x/ for folks like you. Please post about your belief in magic there, not here.
>>
>>36261247
>>36261278
bro just believe you don't have schizophrenia and it will go away trust me
>>
>>36261236
Oh yea, if you have time, make broth.

Take chicken or beef. Make a lot of broth out of it. Store the broth in the freezer. Use meat for other things.

Sometimes, when things get tough and you need some comfort food I break out homemade chicken broth and throw some vegetables in it for a quick soup.
>>
>>36261240

well actually the most popular understandings are that schizophrenia is caused by:

abnormalities in brain structure; including thinning of cerebral cortex around frontal lobe & the temporal, as well as general loss of total tissue in the brain.

additionally, rewiring of neurology to be overly sensitive/overly produce dopamine.

at this stage schizo is most definitely understood to be rooted in physiology.
>>
Apparently you can buy seeds with your foodstamps to grow things yourself.

Think about growing various herbs like parsley and stuff.

It's easy, get a small container, some soil and pop in the seeds. Follow instructions and in a few weeks you'll have herbs. It'll taste infinitely better because you put effort into growing it yourself.
>>
File: ;).jpg (69KB, 384x576px) Image search: [Google]
;).jpg
69KB, 384x576px
>>36261307
>at this stage schizo is most definitely understood to be rooted in physiology

Except by /x/, which has roughly the same relationship with reality that /pol/ has with political moderacy.
>>
>>36261154
Underrated
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.