[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

keratosis pilaris feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Were any of you guys suffering from keratosis pilaris able to make it go away?

Mine is so bad I'll kill myself
>>
I've been walking around with this shit for 3 years. Iodine seems to work, so does alcohol (for skin). If you've got a bad case of this stuff, go see a doctor. They can prescribe you anti acne AB.
>>
>>36244720
>They can prescribe you anti acne AB.
Thanks man
>>
Mine has gotten better over the years, but it's very noticeable in the winter because the discoloration is much more pronounced.

Without a dermatologist giving a special treatment, though, you're pretty limited on what you can do.

Get a tan, get some AHA lotion, make sure you've got some decent vitamins A and E in your diet, and exfoliate regularly
>>
>>36244641
Holy shit. I have exactly this kind of pimples on my chest, back, arm, and quads. It is nearly everywhere on my body. My doc said it is a sweat allergy and there can't be done much for it...
>>
Use Amlactin lotion. Can also be used on dry crusty feet (overnight with socks on) and they'll be baby soft
>>
>>36244641
avoid gluten
>>
>>36244641
Vitamin A.
Don't self-medicate, consult a doctor first.
>>
>>36244955
Are you being serious? Because I got there around different body parts and if I have a gluten allergy it will be ironic
>>
>>36244976
he needs vitamin K you dweeb

This thing is not curable OP. So treating it with creams that you'll have to buy for the rest of your life is not a great idea. Just change your diet by eating carrots of leafy greens and you're set.
>>
atleast u don't got hidradenitis suppurativa on ur armpits
>>
>>36244641
>>36245014
I remember reading about it somewhere a while ago, something about gluten intolerance causing chicken skin. I don't have any sources to back it up though, but it might be worth checking out
>>
>>36244764
>Get a tan
Dude you don't mix a tan with AHA, that's exactly the opposite of what to do. Either go for a tan (discouraged) or use BHA/AHA. AHA+sun is a nightmare you don't wanna deal with.
>>
>>36245104
Gluten intolerance is nowhere near as common as keratosis pilaris. Source very much needed.
>>
>>36244641
I may sound like a middle aged woman but put apple cider vinegar on it and let dry then use some coconut oil or another moisturizer like 20 minutes before you shower.
>>
>>36245178
AHA increases burn risk, but that doesn't mean you can't get a tan, especially if you are prone to develop one in the first place.
>>
>>36245100
i wish i hadn't googled that
>>
I'm desperate here. Used AHA, BHA, Paula's Choice, Gold Bond Rough and Bumpy, moisturizers, and even fucking coconut oil. Nothing touches it. It's keeping me from wearing short sleeves and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>36245965
How often are you exfoliating?
>>
>>36246021
I rough myself up with a washcloth every day. What do you recommend?
>>
I heard a derma roller would work but I never tried jt
>>
>>36244641
I have KP, there's nothing you can do about it except waiting for a cure to be discovered.
Funny how they can heal crazy shit but little red spots on you arms they can't.
>>
>>36244641
just get a fucking tan fool
>>
>>36246077
A washcloth isn't enough. If you haven't tried it, look into some chemical exfoliation. It may not work for you (my skin is too sensitive for that personally) but it is usually better for getting the job done. If you can't into the chemical kind, get yourself a loofah sponge and/or get some exfoliating soap.

Without getting into too much detail, the bumps are inflamed pores/hair follicles which occurs because your skin isn't shedding enough of the dead cells. Exfoliation and using the qcidic lotions helps to get rid of that buildup, and the lotions also usually have some ingredients to reduce some of the inflammation
>>
>>36244641
I love them. It gives me something to do and pick at.
>>
>>36244641
Going vegan cured mine.

Worth a try at least.
>>
>>36245503
Im convinced apple cider vinegar is a magic cure-all
>>
Weird. I didn't even realize this was a thing. Got a mild case of this shit on on my upper arms.
>>
Nigga this looks like the shit on the back of my arms
>>
>>36245198
>>36245104

Wouldn't be surprised if some people had that result though. Bunch of family with celiac, and always had piles of digestive issues myself. I cut out gluten, stomach problems went away, slept better, skin cleared up, etc. Some of that probably has to do with the gluten. A lot more is probably just because I went out if my way to follow a careful diet, and just ate better overall. Fast food fucks up your system.
>>
>>36248816
>Some of that probably has to do with the gluten. A lot more is probably just because I went out if my way to follow a careful diet, and just ate better overall. Fast food fucks up your system.

Try continuing to eat well and healthy but adding gluten back in. Eat some good whole wheat bread, pasta, whatever else. If you're doing well now then hold all variables stable and only add gluten and see what happens. Worst case scenario you get some stomachaches and/or acne or whatever but a week of discomfort would be worth an answer; to me, at least.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.