[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are BCAA's worth it on a cut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Am going on a cut now and I want to give my workouts an extra kick, any anons willing to share BCAA experience?
>>
Only if you like ED
>>
>>36180130
> Citation needed
>>
>>36180092
BCAA's aren't a stimulant you dyel shitter
>>
>>36180092
>BCAA experience
Do you even know what BCAA are? You do realize they are found in your whey protein right...
>>
>>36180210
>whey protein on a cut
>>
>>36180092
waste of money, there's bcaa's in your protein shakes and meat
>>
>>36180268
Why don't you just leave? You've already made it obvious you know nothing about fitness or nutrion.
>>
>>36180310
Because that was my first post in the thread, anon.
>>
>>36180340
That still doesn't change anything.
>>
Dude if u don't get enough bcaa 's you will literally lose all your gains.

Don't listen to these gains goblins they don't want you to make it.
>>
>>36180268
Literally the least caloric source of protein.

You are the dumbest motherfucker ever
>>
>>36180358
>>36180385
>least caloric source of protein

Like 50 calories matter, not to mention you can get away with eating less casein protein than you'd eat whey protein and still get the same results.
>>
Sure, prevents muscle catabolism and breakdown, BCAAs are very useful, just don't over estimate the need for a supplement, a lot of bro scientists will tell you it's the most important supplement, but what they don't tell you is its already in protein shakes, eggs, and meats so there's a good chance you're getting enough anyways, BUT I have read somewhere that getting a really high dose of like 10 gs has a significant benefit for preventing muscle breakdown pwo, or for building muscle when taken post workout, so it's kind of a grey area, BCAAs are definitely important, it's just a matter of whether or not you need to supplement extra or not. I'd probably go ahead and get it if you have a little extra cash you don't mind shelling out, can't hurt, but at the same time it's not going to make or break you.
>>
>>36180364
>breh
>>
File: 1401635466121.jpg (18KB, 204x202px) Image search: [Google]
1401635466121.jpg
18KB, 204x202px
>>36180455
>casein protein
Because THAT matters.
>>
>>36180528
Oh, are you a vegan, anon?
>>
File: 1428902713264.jpg (2KB, 118x120px) Image search: [Google]
1428902713264.jpg
2KB, 118x120px
>>36180585
No, but that's besides the point.

>he literally thinks he need casein protein

Let me guess, you also drink pre-, intra- and post-workout shakes, right.
>>
>>36180092

If you think of his traps as his shoulders, it looks like there's a woman about to erupt from his body.
>>
>>36180528
Not him but it actually does, science (real science, not broscience) shows having protein in your body constantly reduces muscle breakdown, because your body has no need to catabolize muscle for amino acids, wheras doing something like intermittent fasting, you will have periods of significantly more muscle catabolism due to this exact reason. Sure it's doable with whey, but much easier to make one shake that lasts 5-8 hrs than make one every
1-3
>>
I thought one of the functions of leucine was to reduce muscle protein breakdown. Isn't that kind of what you want on a cut?
>>
>>36180650
Only if you workout fasted. Just buy leucine powder instead.
>>
>>36180644
Even on a cut, I can easily manage to eat 4-5 times a day.

And on what scale does it "matter"? Saying that it matters is useless information in itself.
>>
>>36180625
Science guy again, and you are proving yourself to be a dumbass again, postworkout shakes are actually very beneficial despite the
>HURRRDDURRE LMAO ANABOLIC WINDOW
Meme

This is because BCAAS (mostly leucine), which are in protein shakes, taken postworkout cause significantly more muscle protein synthesis as compared to protein with other types of amino acids. Sure you don't NEED a protein shake, eggs or meat will work just fine as well, but don't knock post workout shakes when they very well are widely known by the scientific community to be beneficial you uneducated dipshit
>>
>>36180679
>Science guy again
You sound like some 12 year old faggot from 9gag.

> don't knock post workout shakes when they very well are widely known by the scientific community to be beneficial you uneducated dipshi

>post-workout nutrition DO NOT raises muscle protein synthesis

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3577439/

Please, just fucking leave you ignorant retard.
>>
>>36180668
Read Lyle McDonald's Protein book, can't be arsed to cite it right now and don't remember any exact numbers off the top of my head, but he speaks of a study in which two groups that received approximately the same protein In gs on a caloric deficit, the group with casein obviously retained more muscle, all that matters is that it IS a significant degree.

Also, stop moving goal posts m8
>it doesn't matter!
>pshhh, well yeah it matters but does it matter THAT much?
>>
>>36180773
>it doesn't matter how significant the increase is as long as it's >0

You're right buddy. I'm going to start using casein to get that 0,00001 lbs lbm more a year.

If you CAN'T provide proof and tell the significance of casein protein, it is irrelevant.
>>
>>36180756
Lol did you actually read the study you just posted?

>for maximizing MPS the evidence supports the superiority of post exercise free amino acids and/or protein
>>
>>36180827
I *can* but don't care so much about educating an ignorant DYEL fitizen who thinks he knows it all to take the time out of my day to read back through the book and find it, I gave you the place to find it though, please, go read it and tell me how I'm wrong. Also how Lyle McDonald, a respected and accredited scientist is as well.
>>
>>36180836
>Moreover, the post-exercise rise in MPS in untrained subjects is not recapitulated in the trained state [68], further confounding practical relevance. Thus, the utility of acute studies is limited to providing clues and generating hypotheses regarding hypertrophic adaptations; any attempt to extrapolate findings from such data to changes in lean body mass is speculative, at best.

>untrained subjects
>any attempt to extrapolate findings from such data to changes in lean body mass is speculative, at best

Did you?

Even in UN-TRAINED individuals, they couldn't find sufficient evidence of any changes. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>36180854
>ad hominem argument

Burden of proof is on your side. If you can't provide sufficient proof for your argument, it is invalid.
>>
>>36180883
>>36180869
Because a widely accredited scientist with multiple published reputable books backed by Alan Aragon, brad schoenfield and the like(he even wrote a fucking article in the sticky), is not credible enough, okay m8, have fun with your no gains. Lol, like I said I have better things to do. I use as hominem because I'm not looking to debate, you're the typical ignorant fitizen who can't contemplate being wrong. But yeah, go ahead and read up on his work and tell me I'm wrong then, peace
>>
>>36180957
>asked to proof his argument
>can't
>>
>>36180982
>>36180883
>>36180869
>>36180756
>>36180625
>>36180528
>>36180385

How many people are going to have to argue with this retard before you all realise he's been baiting the whole thread?
>>
>>36181129
>can't disprove better just call it bait
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.