[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exertion Headaches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1434666160948s.jpg (9KB, 212x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434666160948s.jpg
9KB, 212x250px
Anyone ever deal with exertion headaches? I got a seriously painful headache in the back of my head a few nights ago while lifting and it's happened two days in a row. I immediately stopped working out after it came on tonight.

What do? Take a week rest? Do light weights? Will it ever go away?

T-thanks /fit/
>>
I got it for trying to do heavy lifts above bodyweight and not doing a warm up.

Just hop on the rowing machine for 15 mins and you should be good

Don't do heavy lifts for a week or two though
>>
Happens to me if I take too much caffeine or preworkout or am dehydrated
>>
>>36169567
Happened to me cause I wasn't breathing right. I took like 2 weeks off, trust me you'll want too. Also I couldn't do squats for a very long time without getting a headache after it.
>>
>>36169580
This
Took twice of what I normally took for PWO and went for weighted pull ups
Head felt like it was exploding next couple of times I tried working out

Gave it a little while and went lighter and skipped weighted pull ups and it's gone now
>>
>>36169567
I way fucking around with some kettlebell swings after a workout and according to my doc got a mild concussion from them; I just took two weeks off.

I couldn't wank for those two weeks either, literally as soon as I was on the verge of shooting my bolt the searing pain at the back of my head kicked in.

My guess you've either got that, what some of the other anons have said or aids. Probs Aids
>>
File: 1456334712013.png (197KB, 1559x803px) Image search: [Google]
1456334712013.png
197KB, 1559x803px
>>36169567
Used to happen to me when I deadlifted, was fucking awful. I literally had to sit there and clutch my the back of my head, it ruined my set. Just take a break, and make sure to breathe, and you won't get em'
>>
>>36169567
>>36169576
>>36169580
>>36169596
>>36169644
>>36170227
>>36170259
Impending Aneurysms: The Thread
>>
I got quite a bad pain in my eyeball today while lifting, I think it was just a blood vessel swelling or something though (that's what my body told me) I literally thought it was gonna burst though.
>>
File: MLwibIP.jpg (3MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
MLwibIP.jpg
3MB, 3456x5184px
>>36169567
For anyone who wanted the full image
>>
>>36170777
They looked hotter in the thumbnail, but thank you.
>>
>>36170777
Marry 4, fuck 3, rape 1 and kill 2
>>
>>36170777
1, 4, 3, 2
>>
Happened to me when i didn't breathe properly i was holding my breath and i was out of the gym for three months. The pain of lifting anything was unbearable.
>>
>>36170777
You know what we're here for.
>>
>>36169567
is the headache sudden onset and gets worth with continued exertion? might be wise to see a doctor before your next deadlift PR attempt
>>
>>36172717
worse**
>>
>>36170424
impending haemorrhagic strokes roflmao
>>
I had this problem too, the headaches are triggered by a tense neck, restricting the flow of blood to the head. Stretch your neck and pay attention not to shrug you shoulders or otherwise exert tension in your neck / upper back area. I did get a scan because such headaches can be indicative of aneurysms, but nothing was found.
>>
>>36172717
>is the headache sudden onset and gets worth with continued exertion?
For me I could do one set and be ok but my second set caused a blinding pain that would last for hours. It is not a joke.
>>
>>36169567
I had them from not breathing properly
once I started watching my breathing they went away
man those where some bad bad headaches i tell you
>>
Had an attack while squatting once, went down and came up with an instant migraine. Got me really worried because I tried lifting another day and it happened again. Took it easy for a while and learned how to breath through a rep and hasn't happened since.
>>
File: 194397.gif (442KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
194397.gif
442KB, 400x222px
>>36169567
Had the same thing happen to me after a session of super squats. I know I fucked up because my breathing pattern on the last reps was terrible. Taking it easy for a while, strecthing, doing some cardiovascular activity or any activity that relaxes your muscles are things to consider doing. Take this not as a punishment, but as a opportunity to improve your breathing patterns.

Also somewhat related info: Don't forget to breathe properly when fapping aswell if you have the tendency to hold your breath
>>
>>36173143
I remember getting massive headaches from any kind of physical strain, sex and fapping included.
>>
>>36173163
Didn't get any symptoms during sex myself, but you did remind me getting some mild headaches while trying to unscrew some lodged valve caps, so I guess these fuckers take a toll on even the most mundane tasks that require some effort
>>
Got it once when doing snatch pulls, nasty pain from my neck up to the back of my head.
Went away after a week (didn't stop lifting).
>>
>>36169567
yall niggers need to stop holding your breath
breathe
>>
>>36169567
Go to your doctor and ask about hypothyroidism.
>>
>>36169567
Are you clenching your teeth while you lift? Get a mouth guard or let your jaw hang if you are.
>>
>>36169567
In the just over 4 years I've been lifting I've gotten them twice. Lasts for about 5 days and then they disappear completely. First time I was scared shitless, second time I knew what was up. Still, they concern me. All the research I've done into them yields next to nothing, they're just one of those unexplained medical phenomena.

Anyways, second time it came I just gave the gym a rest for about a week. Luck OP, wishing you good mental health.
>>
File: 1424461011237.jpg (11KB, 236x209px) Image search: [Google]
1424461011237.jpg
11KB, 236x209px
>>36169567
>op posts tiny picture
>thread about exertion headaches
>get exertion headache squinting at tiny picture
>op posts full size picture
>go back to tiny picture
>>
>>36169567
YES, funny i was thinking of coming here to ask about these headaches, i had one today behind my left eye,been getting them a lot.

I also had an orgasm headache which freaked me out a lot, hurt like a mother
>>
>>36169567
Got these a couple months ago, took a week off and popped a couple ibuprofen before workouts. Took about a month to get over them without lifting any less
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.