[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you trust or go back to a fat doctor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: fat-doctor.jpg (148KB, 785x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fat-doctor.jpg
148KB, 785x1024px
Would you trust or go back to a fat doctor?
>>
>>36134867
Not if what I went to the doctor for had anything to do with diet.
I would also refuse to go to them on principle if there was any indication they supported HAES.
>>
I had a fat pediatrician he was a very awesome human being. But nit all of them are the same y'know
>>
they'll have had well over a decade worth of training before I ever get to them for a consultation.

so yeah, why not.
>>
>>36134867
Yeah, especially if it was for my kids, fat doctors are pretty jolly dudes.

They are typically really friendly and bust out a lame joke when ever they can.

Obviously it would be impractical to be giving out diet consultation.
>>
> doesn't even care about his own health
> expect him to care about my health

No.
>>
>>36134867
My last doctor was fat and incompetent. I don't know it the two were connected, but the misdiagnosis, maltreatment, refusement to aknowledge responsibility and the arrogance has definetly made it easier to hate fatties.
>>
>>36134867
Would you trust or go back to a mechanic that can't fix his own car
>>
>>36134867
>All doctors have gone to graduate school and residency
>kids on internet forum think they know more due to weight differences
>>
>>36135211
>assuming we all assume to know more than a doctor based on weight
>not understanding this is a personal preference situation
>gobbling a thousand dicks
>>
>>36135021
I volunteer and job shadow at dental clinics. Some of the doctors that come in are very delusional about reality and are very narcissistic. Its almost like they never had friends growing up, which is totally possible since that MCAT should take up your life along with med school. But the other half of doctors are normal people that like to talk about things not related to their jobs.
>>
>>36135211
Do you know how people call the guy who graduated last in med school?
Doctor.
>>
>>36135211
Would you go to a therapist who wears a tinfoil hat?

Would you trust a cop covered in gang tattoos?

Would you hire a deaf person to sing at your wedding?

Would you suck 30 cocks in one sitting?
>>
>>36135241
>personal preference
>everyone states logic as to why fat doctors wouldn't be able to do the job
>still ignores the years in graduate school and residency
bad bait you nofapper
>>
>>36135268
Name one therapist that wears a tin foil hat to work.
Name one cop that has gang tattoos and is hired.
Name one deaf person that sings, there probably are actually which shows your ignorance.
Can't do it in one sitting, probably have to do it over a couple of days.
>>
>>36135262
>makes fun of doctor degree
>can't even get to graduate school
>>
>>36135299

Would you trust a nutritionist that's obese?
>>
>>36135368
Thats like asking if I would trust lifting coaches that were skinny or fat.
Or if I would trust fat(in the eyes of non lifters) lifters to teach me how to lift.
Or if I would trust a retired fighter i never heard of to teach me how to fight.
>>
>>36135399
Would you trust a bodybuilder or a smaller looking powerlifter to help you strength train?
As long as the facts are there, I got nothing to argue agaisnt.
>>
>>36135262
Do you know what people call the guy who couldn't make it into med school, let alone graduate?

Chiropractor
>>
>>36134867
First you fuckers here think you can take on trained fighters and now you guys think you know more than doctors. This place is really turning into shit.
>>
>>36135278
>years of graduate school and residency
>knowledge of health
>not applying that knowledge to your own life

well-trained people can still be terrible at their job if they don't care or if they're only in it for money. Plenty of people with high degrees of training (PhD, MD, law degrees of various kinds) can swindle and fake their way through shit. Since a person's weight is indicative of general health and self-care, then a medical professional WITH YEARS IN GRADUATE SCHOOL AND RESIDENCY being obviously unhealthy and not giving a fuck is absolutely grounds for distrust. It's not that they obviously wouldn't be good doctors, it's that they clearly don't care about very important shit (their own fucking lives), so automatically entrusting them with YOUR life just because they have gone through the same training that thousands of other, healthier people have is a little bit dumb.
>>
>>36134936
Agreed, they are usually more friendly in my experience.

I had a fat doctor with an slavic accent pull out my toe nail once, shit was cash
>>
I would trust a person who has gone to medical school for seven years and interned for two, yes.
I have no doubt he or she knows more than me on most all subjects related to health, except when it comes to lifting.
>>
>>36135441
>some olympic lifting coaches are smaller than the athletes they train
>most won't outlift the ahtletes they are training
>if they don't practice what they preach, they are not trust worthy
Holy shit you are delusional
>>
>>36135009
>smokers can't know it's bad for their health
I don't give a shit if my doctor smokes. He knows the risks.
>>
>>36135441
So we can't trust lifters who don't look like body builders is what you are saying? Don't trust any powerlifter that looks like they can't run a mile in under 7 mintues cause thats indicative of their general health, and since they don't care about health why care about their knowledge in lifting? Right?
>>
Yes. I browsed my health insurance website to specifically seek out the most aesthetic, white, low bodyfat doctor with smooth skin & chiseled jawline. I don't want some shitty doctor because of affirmative action
>>
>>36135399
Would you trust Sheiko, a man that doesn't even lift, to do your program for you?
I mean, what does he know, he probably can't even squat two plates.
>>
>>36135501
>we can't trust lifters who don't look like body builders is what you are saying
Correct.
>>
>>36135471
never implied that. Read it again. I'm saying that it's reasonable to distrust them if they don't practice what they preach. You're using high quality, tried-and-true professionals that are accessed by the tip of the top as examples to prove me wrong. Imagine walking into some random gym and the trainer looks like they sit on their ass all day. Or some dietician's office and the practitioner is a fat fuck. Is it not reasonable to be skeptical? Jesus. Just because someone has a job doesn't mean that they're necessarily good at it, and red flags can be useful.
>>
File: 146235472342.png (33KB, 177x218px) Image search: [Google]
146235472342.png
33KB, 177x218px
>>36135409
>>36135426

In those cases, I would remember what they said, but I'd get a second opinion or research it for confirmation.
>>
>>36135512
>don't trust any olympic lifters for lifting advice since they don't look like body builders

bad bait, this whole thread just sucks
>>
>>36135185
>>36135268
>>36135399
>hey guys, I'm jacked
>clearly this qualifies me to talk about athletics
>so today I'm gonna show you how to outrun a train
>i'm fit, so obviously it's impossible for this to be a retarded idea prima facie
>tfw Gregg Plitt
>>
I had a fat pulmonologist for a few years, and almost every time he came into the room, he was breathing fairly heavily out of his mouth. But I didn't have much choice in seeing him as it was a speciality clinic that there are only handfuls of for adults these days.

My dad was also a doctor and he was a fat fuck at 5'6", 300+ lbs. Of course he lost his medical license for date raping a patient on a house call, so there's also that
>>
>>36135515
So you are saying you also wouldn't trust a skinny doctor either? Or a doctor who smokes? Or a doctor who is ugly?
You would throw away all the years they have spent studying and practicing at grad school and during residency due to their appearance?
I bet you also think body builders are stronger than olympic or power lifters.
And how are doctors not tried-and-true professionals? They all had to get to med school. I don't think you realize how hard it is to even pass the MCAT which is taken in undergrad
>>
>>36135519
>thinkin you will know more than a doctor even after researching
face it, you are still going to ask the doctor questions on what they think about your research. You aren't going into a office and give the doctor a lecture
>>
>>36135562
>5'6" 300 lbs

I can't even imagine what that would look like. I can't even imagine a person like that being able to walk.
>>
>>36134867

Yes, because general practice doctors aren't dietitians and most of their training is based around acute and chronic disease related conditions.

If you want diet advice, you go to somebody who's area is in nutrition. If you want advice about your sore knee from deadlifting, you go to somebody who's area is in skeletal and muscular conditions. Neither of those people, generally speaking, are going to be medical doctors.
>>
>>36135599
Well I should also note that he was a powerlifter before he was arrested, so it wasn't all fat per se, but he was still clearly rotund. Large gut, man tits, multiple chins, sausage fingers but I remember his forearms being fucking solid as an oak branch.
>>
>>36135568
>Doctor who is ugly
How thus hell does this relate to health?

Fuck can you read? I said that it would be reasonable to distrust them given the context (a clearly unhealthy person that gives you advice and treatment for health problems). Does that mean that they're bad doctors? Nope. They might be great. But if they can't care about their own health, what else don't they care about? Skepticism isn't some evil fucking thing that implies people are terrible.

>How are doctors not tried and true professionals

Refer to me earlier comment, re. the fact that just because you have an MD, PhD, etc., that you'll do a good JOB. Just because someone is a general doesn't mean that they'll run an effective war. I know plenty of grad students that are pretty fucking dumb; I know pre-med undergrads that can barely function outside of memorizing shit for written tests and drinking heavily.
>>
>>36135675
>power lifters appear to look fat
>has no skepticism about them
>distrusts doctors who have gone through years of grad school and residency
>states that he knows grad students dumber than him
>doesn't understand what residency is
>keeps proclaiming how people with doctorate degrees don't practice

boy, you are on a roll today.
>>
>>36135709
I never said anything about powerlifters
I do know grad students dumber than I am.
I do understand what a residency is.
I never said that people with MD/PhD don't practice. That would be absolutely stupid.

>still has no argument

I don't know what type of education you had, but please tell me so that I can make sure that none of my progeny will be subjected to it.
>>
>>36134867
No. I don't even know any fat doctors. The fattest ones are just a bit flabby but still not in the overweight range or anything.
>>
>>36135752
>hangs around /fit/
>claims to know more about doctors if they appear fat
>thinks he is smarter than people that make it to grad school
>>
>>36135471
Coaches are often non-athletic in their current state but they used to be athletic in their past. I would not trust a coach who has never played the game I am training for though, and that goes for powerlifting too.
>>
>>36134867
Maybe not that fat. Most doctors smoke and drink too much because anyone that intelligent tends to be red pilled into permanent depression.
>>
>>36135830
Actually a lot of people who make it to grad school these days are total morons. Depending on what they are studying it could mean they are just even more stupid than the kids smart enough to quit after four years. Think women's studies or sociology or any of the hyphenated-american studies and other such things.

Doesn't apply to doctors though. That is something useful, in demand, and potentially very lucrative. Definitely worth going through the extra studying necessary.
>>
My GP when I was a kid was an alcoholic who drank in his office and was constantly an hour behind schedule, so desu a fat doctor wouldn't be the worst
>>
>>36135940
That does sound worse than fat
>>
>>36135185
I'd trust a mechanic who drives a shitty car.
Just because he doesn't give a shit about his own doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>36134867
No. I tolerate the stockyness of my current house doctor, he is a tall bavarian Man. (I am 6'2 and he is way taller than me).

But an actual fat guy? No, just that screams lower end of the scale.
>>
>>36135021
no greentext stories?
>>
>>36134867
In his or her area of expertise
Never for nutritional advice.
>>
>>36134867
would you go to an oncologist who never had cancer?
would you go to a mechanic who never had car trouble?
>>
>>36138088

It's more like would you go to a mechanic whose car is always breaking down?
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 1126x1046px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1126x1046px
Yeah, I would like a clinic with only fat doctors and fat patients. That way no one is body shamed.
>>
>>36135268
My sister hired a blind (a hundred percent blind) photographer for her pre-wedding.
>>
>>36138240
lol @ the windows faggot
go to /g/ and install /g/entoo
>>
>>36138462
how'd the pics turn out?

legit interested
>>
I know this guy who's a doctor & he does tons of recreational drugs, and when I asked him if its difficult he said nah, he just enters the symptoms into the computer & double checks the computer's diagnosis, for the most part its mindless.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.