[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOTT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 32

File: 1450909584930.jpg (53KB, 562x560px) Image search: [Google]
1450909584930.jpg
53KB, 562x560px
New thread since the last one hit 300.
Should I lift tomorrow instead (Meaning I can only lift twice this week as opposed to three times) due to feeling naesous and with a headache?
>>
>>35983148
>oh i feel kinda bad guess i shouldnt lift

just fucking lift you faggot
>>
is there any lift or exercise that doesn't benefit or even require keeping core tight? having trouble with it on some lifts
>>
How long does it roughly take to get from ~22% body fat to the 15% area?
>>
>>35983219
Work more core
>>
Is creatine loading a meme? If not, how do I go about it
>>
I'm bulking atm, but I'm going into the mountains for a week of intense snowboarding + probably intense cardio work. How to keep as much gains as possible?
>>
>>35983219
>I don't know how to lift
>how can I lift without actually lifting?
xD
>>
>>35983661
>>35983728
so always keep it tight?
>>
>>35983748
Where exactly are you having issues 'keeping core tight'? Do you have form checks?

>>35983675
Don't need loading

>>35983717
Eat and sleep
>>
>>35983748
keep your core and ass tight. That's what they're for.
>>
>>35983766
ohp, rows and hyperextensions

>>35983775
okay thank you
>>
File: superman-exercise.png (12KB, 420x209px) Image search: [Google]
superman-exercise.png
12KB, 420x209px
>>35983786
>ohp
Avoid excessive leanback. Squeeze glutes to aid stability
>rows
Fucking brace your core. Practice doing a 'superman' (pic related)
You shouldn't be in hyperextension during rows, but you should not be letting your back round.
In addition, GO LIGHTER. Rows are probably the easiest lift to cheat on. Use a lighter weight and work your way up
>hyperexensions
Just google how to GHR and refer to pic related again. Really shouldn't have to be explaining this kind of shit. Just don't let your back round/collapse. It's a skill you practice a few times before it becomes automatic
>>
I made this post >>35981487 in the routine general and nobody responded.
I don't know what I did wrong but it doesn't matter.
Can someone in here help me out?
>>
Can I do overnight oats with skyr instead of milk? If so, how?
>>
>>35983940
The exact same way, only with skyr instead of milk.
>>
Will a shitty, i.e. "unhealthy", diet early on fuck up my noob gains?
I'm a skelly that's only been lifting for a month, and I've been eating more but I'm worried that by eating the "wrong" foods I'm going to end up fucking myself over.
>>
>>35983624
7 weeks if you're consistent.
>>
>>35983940
Just Google overnight oats, plenty of resources available to you
Not sure if you should be leaving a dairy product out overnight though

>>35983880
That's a lot of leg volume. You can probably get by on legs with just squat and dead variations. I would recommend a more strength style template. In general, it doesn't seem like you have the experience necessary to make your own routine.
As for your original routine, DON'T include warmup sets in your writeup. At first glance, 3x5 squat and then 4x5 deadlift is just stupid with that frequency.
You can put bench in between them to give your back/legs a little break.

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

A
Squats
Bench
Romanian deadlifts 3x8
Dips
Rows
Abs
Curls

B
Front squats
Deadlifts
Incline bench
OHP
Pullups/downs
>abs
>Curls as described above

I know you probably won't like this, and desu I don't really either.
But you should really just taken a proven template and go off of that
>>
>>35984109
Whoops
B
FS
OHP
Deads
Incline bench
Pullups/downs
Abs
Curls

How has your progress been (lifts?)?
>>
>>35984078
If you get a surplus of calories and don't avoid protein, you're gonna get gains. Along with fat and runny shits if your diet is shit.
And you can't "waste" your noob gains. It's easier to put on muscle if you have none, no matter how shit you eat.
>>
File: EuSydqGh.jpg (191KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
EuSydqGh.jpg
191KB, 1024x1024px
Guys, I'm becoming obsessed. I have one glute (while leg really but glute is main concern) smaller than the other. And don't tell me it's in my head because it's literally atleast 1/3 smaller.

It's all I think about. When I sit, stand, walk. That butt cheek. I can feel the difference, and I hate it. I've been trying to isolate it for months now but nothing.

One-legged squats, barbell lunges, Bulgarian splits, front squats, back squats, donkey kicks, leg presses, abductor machines. Every exercise I shift my stance, position whatever, I think about that cheek so hard. I try so hard to activate it. But no matter what I do, I feel it in my left (bigger ) side. I tried working my legs to failure last night thinking that if I can break that stronger leg down, I'll be forced to use the smaller one.

Today, only my bigger leg is sore. I'm going fucking crazy. What the fuck do I need to do. Please help me.
>>
>>35984133
Stretch hips
Do glute bridges
>>
>>35984166
Do stretch hips, did barbell hip thrusts and glute bridges, and one legged hip thrusts. I feel it in the other leg's quads, and the weak leg's calf. No glute. And i don't want to continue doing such powerful glute exercises because the imbalance only grows.
>>
File: glutes.jpg (138KB, 781x608px) Image search: [Google]
glutes.jpg
138KB, 781x608px
>>35984133
Do glute bridges.
Really concentrate on squeezing your weak glute together as hard as you can while you do them. Concentrate on the same feeling while you do your other exercises.
>>
>>35984133
go to some corrective therapy.

One leged hip thrusts.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-build-your-butt-do-one-leg-hip-thrusts
>>
>>35984109
Thanks for the response.
I'm 6'1 and 176 lbs and started at around 163 lbs.
I have really long legs so it's more like my legs need to be hit harder and I've only recently started adding leg presses into my workout and used biking as the cardio of my choice and experienced good leg gains so I was thinking of keeping that in.
I am stalling on 2 1/4 plates squats and 3 plates deadlifts, my press has been weak since I was busy getting healthy shoulder mobility but now that I have it I am progressing at around 2,5 kgs per week got 3/4 of a plate on it now and bench is at 1 1/2 plate.
The plan was having a nice full body routine that hits legs and back seperately since those two are my problem zones and my arms and core are fine, basically I have acceptable front torso and arm genetics but shitty leg and back genetics.
>>
>>35984133
Sounds like one of your glutes isn't firing correctly, which is surprisingly common.
I'm willing to bet you have knee issues or pain along your IT band (on the outside of your upper leg) on the weak side, too.
>>
>>35983148
I'm like that guy from RSD
I'd rather die than miss a workout
>>
File: 1.jpg (11KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11KB, 234x216px
>>35983148

If I'm feeling shit I'd put it off a day, I'd only get pissed off at doing lowered lifts and feeling like shit. That being said I always stick to my three days a week, so if I was ill on of the days I'd go from AxBxAxx to AxBxxAx.

It's a slippery slope OP, so you'd better actually be sick and not just a faggot.
>>
Was in car accident 3 years ago, injured my spine. Finally cleared to lift again.

However I find I've become a pussy and need more days off to recover, is there something like SS for 2 days a week instead of 3? Can I see the same newbie gains I made previously?
>>
How long will it roughly take me to get from 20% bf to 10%? I'm losing weight at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week. I think I'm 40% muscle
>>
>>35984369
Someone asked a similar question, in that they were asking about a 2 a week program, and someone else mentioned this one: https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/2-times-a-week-for-twice-the-gains
Not sure how reliable it is though, so if other /fit/izens want to shit on me for recommending it, that's fine.
>>
Oldfag here. Been squatting and DL for 2 years. Was squatting yesterday and felt some pain in my shin, and decided to stop.

Squats have always kind of scared me a little. If I am only interested in aesthetics, are leg press and leg curls enough?
>>
File: hand pain.png (470KB, 499x764px) Image search: [Google]
hand pain.png
470KB, 499x764px
>>35983148
I sometimes get a sharp pain near my thumb for no reason. Goes away in a few days. What could it be?
>>
>>35984552
Probably tendons
>>
>>35984552
stop fapping with that hand for a month or two, should go away
>>
Tips on how to line up bar properly on my back and keep my arms stable? Part of the squat rack covers the mirror so I can't see my shoulders. When I squat sometimes the bar will be further up one shoulder, or one arm will go back further than the other.
>>
>>35984929
It's the left hand, I use right
>>
>>35984958
then do fap with that hand for a month or two, should go away
>>
>>35984552
This >>35984602
You're straining tendons. You should massage your hand and avoid repetitive actions with said hand.
>>
Late Dec. - early Jan. weighed about 315lbs. Did some healthier eating (but not a full blown diet) and did some walking. Mid - Late Jan. weighed about 307lbs. Feb. 1st weighed myself at 300lbs. Started my full blown 3000 cal diet and exercise (14 exercise circuit, 1 set high rep for each workout. At least 30mins of cardio to myself, on workout days I add 30mins more to my cardio cause of treadmill). On Feb. 8th, started my EC Stack, full dosage, and today on Feb. 12th I weighed myself at 290lbs. before hitting the gym. Is this a good weight loss pace? This was my final week of circuit and going to start SS on Monday. How realistic is a goal of at least 250lbs by July if I keep on working out at this pace?
>>
File: 863321335.jpg (92KB, 1060x404px) Image search: [Google]
863321335.jpg
92KB, 1060x404px
My press is stuck again. I got to 42 last autumn, took 3 months off lifting and did other sports and got back into lifting again with Greyskull LP. Now I'm stuck again at 42. Got 1x5, 1x4 and 1x3 with 5 minute rests.
Now, Greyskull says to deload 10% and get more volume through the 3rd AMRAP set, but keep the reps at 5. I'm thinking maybe do sets of 8? Any advice?
I'm making steady gains with DL's, squats and bench tho. Eating plenty and sleeping well.
>>
>>35985375
Why didn't you start the thread you fat moron?
>>
>>35984219
>>35984250
I've done both these exercises. I have gone to any actual corrective therapy, but I was doing rehabilitative exercises on my own like clamshells.

>>35984298
I'm not sure if I have that pain, but I do have a lot of other problems in that leg. My balance is off and my ankle mobility sucks. I drive alot for work and sometimes the leg goes sort of numb, I feel some kind of pinching feeling on my upper thigh right below cheek, and knee pain during the driving.

Can these things be caused by something like pelvic tilt?
>>
>>35985454
Because my question didn't deserve its own thread!~
>>
>>35985461
You trigger me so very very hard, faggot.
>>
>>35985456
Is it possible that one of your legs is just significantly longer?
Cause I got that, and it causes problems from my feet up to my atlas.
>>
Where does one get organic/"good" quality meats?
What makes meats safe to eat, or healthy?
>>
>>35985632
Just go to your local butcher. You'll support small business, be recognized as regular customer after a while, and you can actually ask a real person where the meat is from, or what's good for which recipe.
Most meat is "safe to eat" and "healthy" as in, you can eat it all your life and not suffer ill effects. However, if you're worried about overuse of antibiotics, do some research. If antibiotics stop working from overuse, humanity is pretty much fucked.
>>
Which kind of questions get better answers on 4chan than on google?
>>
Does anyone have a good bodyweight routine that's got good progression? I'm going on vacation for a few weeks and there's no gym around.
>>
Any lifts that can help with pushups? I can't do one. it's pathetic.
>>
>>35985592
How do you check for that? Neither seem to be longer when I sit and put my legs out in front of me.
>>
>>35986210
put your knees on the ground to help you first
>>
>>35986277
I can't even do those.
>>
File: 1455173420272.jpg (19KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1455173420272.jpg
19KB, 366x380px
I really need help /fit/, and this is the only place I can go.I tried to make a new thread yesterday too, but it never posted... please excuse me, I just need answers..

My father in law is extremely overwieght and unhealthy, why won't he die??
Here's him
>350 plus pounds
>no job
>diabetes that he does not properly medicate, takes insulin shots his dead wife left behind.
>They aren't even for his type, pretty sure all of its expired too.
>eats LITTERALLY a loaf of processed white bread everyday.also eats tons of potatoes he fries in oil, barely cooks em.
>no, really. A diabetic. Eating whole LOAVES of dollar store white bread and undercooked potatoes.
>eats pizza, fast food and anything else dripping in grease.
>even fries PANCAKES in vegetable oil.

He sits in front of the tv all day everday, non smoker but no actual movement to speak of.
Recently he stepped on a nail, didn't do shit about it and when his big toe turned BLACK he dipped his foot in vinegar and baking soda.
Foot got better, father in law is fine.
Why????

How is he alive despite bread,potatoes and using wrong meds with NO excersize. When I say NO exercize, I mean he goes outside maybe once a week to get more bread and potatoes.

I tried to tell him he needs to do somthing about his health, but he just gets angry and loud, says he's just gonna die anyway.
What do /fit/ ???
How long with a lifestyle like this does he have? He's 60 I think.
>>
>>35986210
I know this feel.

>>35986292
But I don't know THIS feel. Christ, Anon...
>>
>>35986210
Same kinda thing here but with pull-ups - I can only do like 3-4 poor form weak pull-ups. Anything I can do to help it apart from keep doing them?
>>
>>35986299
he has anywhere from 0-10 years m8. sounds like he's accepted it. nothing you can do, he's too far gone to enjoy life anyways
>>
File: righttoothpepe.png (53KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
righttoothpepe.png
53KB, 240x232px
How many calories should I eat per day?

This week, since Monday I've managed to eat under 1000 calories per day. Yet today I had no change in weight since Monday.

I'm 5'5", 154 lbs, male. Trying to get to 120 lbs before bulking. I manage to run at least 20 minutes a day. Its difficult getting a change to lift dumbbells at the gym (I'm in college) as all the chairs are always occupied, I'll probably have to go in the mornings.

My diet: Eat only breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is usually 300 - 450 calories. Dinner is around 400 calories. Today's breakfast I had omelet and oatmeal.

It wasn't too hard so I don't see what the concern is but I'm dismayed at the lack of results. What should I do?
>>
>>35986349
Yeah..it really sucks.
He spends all day sitting around, so he can't fucking talk to anyone, he doesn't know how. Fucker is lonely.I'd love for him to shape up somehow and get outside, but when I offer to go walking with him, he will grunt and eat more bread instead..
How does eating a loaf a day not kill him anyway??
>>
>>35986353
>Trying to get to 120
Why?
>>
>>35986299
>>35986423
It's never too late, if you start helping him now he can at least bask in the glory of his own body in the last days of his life.

If you really have not given up on him and you talk to him he will pick up on your vibes and he can change.
>>
>>35986453
I'm trying to...he's kind of hard to talk to, but I've heard diabetes that isn't cared for properly causes all kinda of emotional issues...
I'm gonna try tomarrow to see if he wants to go for a walk. He won't , but maybe if I don't give up ,he'll try to improve..

I'm telling you tho when his toe turned black I thought he was done for.
Who ever knew a fucking 3rd grade science project could save your foot from falling off
>>
What was that diet and exercise program called where it focuses on protein and you have like 2 shakes per day and drop weight crazy fast? I wanted to look into it but I forgot the name of it and this is the first time I've had internet access in a while. I don't think it'd be in the archive.

Also how bad is alcohol when you're on a cut? I just had a homemade strawberry/whip cream vodka/lemonade/club soda mix drink (forgive me if it has a name, I don't know it) and I feel good and it tasted good but now I'm kinda bloated. Today was an off day though, no gym. I don't plan to do it often, but what should I expect on these kinds of days and the day after? I don't drink much either, I should mention.
>>
Whats the minimum # of days a week one should work out?
>>
I'm doing SS and I think my form on some lifts, particularly bench, could use some practice. If I have OHP on a workout day, would it hurt to add some sets of bench press with just the bar to work on the form?
>>
>>35986726
one, dumb ass
>>
File: B.R.E.H.S.jpg (28KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
B.R.E.H.S.jpg
28KB, 288x432px
How important is warm-up really? I usually keep it to a bare minimum, i.e. walking 20min to my place and running 5 mins once there. Will a better warm-up increase my performances?

(By the way I only do bodyweight at the moment, which is supposed to be safer with respect to injuries)
>>
>>35983148
How do I get flexible? Can everyone (non-disabled) get flexible enough to do, for example, a split? Does it take weeks, months, years?
>>
Planning the most epic ( XD XD XD maymay) carb load ever for my husband for valentines day. Mac and cheese is his favorite food. I am thinking about getting 8 different types from the restaurants around town. How do I keep them from getting cold...
no special gear
no insulated bags
40ish minute driving
>>
Been lifting for 8 weeks, have you guys ever had a day at the gym where you aren't feeling it? Today I was tired took some preworkout for the first time and it made me jittery and hot, but when I started sweating I was freezing. And I felt like shit. Ended up failing my final rep of my 4th set of squats at 195lbs which I know isn't too heavy. I ended up doing a couple sets of ohp and said fuck it because I felt awful plus failing the squats psyched me out. 190 wasn't terribly difficult too. So idk if I should take some extra time off before going back into it or just start again in monday
>>
Is it common for gains to develop evenly or unevenly? After working on my chest for a couple of months now I've noticed that my pecs are different sizes despite having pretty even workouts
>>
My grandma just gave me three pounds of quinoa.
What kind of /fit/ meals can I make with it?
>>
>>35987495
Yeah pretty common. You should add some db incline bench. I wish I would have.
>>
What kind of things do you like to do to get through a weightloss plateau? Cut more? Cut carbs for fats? more cardio (kek rite?)? This assumes you already weightlift at least 3 days a week and are eating at a deficit.
>>
should I kill myself? Feeling really down senpai.
>>
Whenever I do a lot of physical activity, my lower back hurts. It's the last few vertabrae of my spine, and it only hurts when I arch my back in that spot. It usually goes away after a couple of days. Does anybody have experience with this, or know what could be causing it? I thought it might be my tight hamstrings or lower back injury I don't know about, but I have mild scoliosis, so it might be that. Any ideas?
>>
Dumb question.
Is it normal to exactly maintain scale weight during your first month or so working out? I've been doing a ton of cardio and changed my diet and I feel and look way healthier than I did but I haven't lost or gained any weight.
For refrence I'm 215 and need to get under 180.
>>
A cashier at a fast food place near me gave me her number, and she's called me cute more than once while texting me. She also includes a bunch of emojis and sometimes ends texts with a ~. Is she actually flirting with me, or is this just a girl thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x374px
Never been to a gym before, read the sticky, want to start.

I'm looking for a cost effective gym where i'd pay monthly no contract or anything. Any good chains? Gyms I should avoid?
>>
File: ass.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
i'm going back to college this spring. How can i ensure that I look as joocey and aesthetic as possible? i'm already cutting, what else can i do
>>
>>35987762
Lift
Wear clothes that don't look like shit
>>
fucking bump, we need answers
>>
File: 20160212_200944.jpg (982KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160212_200944.jpg
982KB, 2048x1152px
I need an estimate as for how many calories does this pizza have? It has no nutritional value information. I weighted it and its 360 grams.
>>
>>35988667
What does the name say? You could type it into MyFitnessPal and it can direct you somewhere. Or if it has a bar code you can scan it.
>>
If you're a complete DYEL will you start making gains quickly assuming you train and eat properly?

I'm trying to get over some mild body dysmorphia and get my self confidence back and I'm just curious as to how long it takes to actually make progress. I plan on lifting 3-4 days a week and I'm doing alright with the "eat your bodyweight in protein every day" thing so far
>>
Hey /fit/ Im about to go to the Movies, I have 2,500 calories left for today to maintain weight and Im starting another cut for spring monday. Im trying to stay perma-clean but I dont feel like paying $5 for a water

Is it ok to have a large popcorn and soda?
>>
Should I use heat only for stiff joints that aren't swollen or painful? Or should I go with heat, stretch, then ice down?
>>
>>35988743
don't do it. sodas are awful for you
>>
>>35988786
Have any alternatives tho? Or ways to sneak water in?
>>
I thought growing lats fill out shirts? I can rep 80 lbs 4 times for chinups. I'm 5'10 165lbs. I have to stay around this weight for my sport.
>>
>>35988826
wear a jacket? It's February, you can get away with it. Enjoy Deadpool.
>>
I'm a skeleton grill (5'6" 105lb) and I like strength exercises which I've been doing at least every week since December but how do I do cardio? I have no energy.... can jog for about 1.5 minutes before legs and lungs give out.

Is this purely cause I wrecked my body being underweight?
>>
Ive been stalled at 155lbs for 3x5 on bench for a week now

How can I break this plateau bros
>>
>>35988712
Its a pizza from a local chain in a third world country, I already tried that.

Anyone have an estimate? I'd imagine it can't be more than 800 cals
>>
Fatfuck here

Is the ketogenic diet any good?
>>
File: progress243_207.png (847KB, 880x555px) Image search: [Google]
progress243_207.png
847KB, 880x555px
How much more should i cut? sitting at 6'4" 206 lbs right now. been lifting for 2.5 months, dieting for 5.5 months

started at 244
>>
>>35988916
Try to increase reps or drop a few lbs off the bar and rep it out till you break that plateau.
>>
>>35988929
I wouldn't bet on that. Shit, I had half of a Little Caesar's pepperoni pizza a few weeks ago and when I put it into MyFitnessPal it said it was pushing 1,100 calories.
>>
how often am I supposed to be upping my weight that I lift? I got to 1pl8 on squats at the last portion of January and I haven't added any more weight since. Same story for bench except I added 10 pounds. How bad am I fucking up?
>>
>>35989247
I haven't seen LC's personal pizza but I'm pretty sure according to their nutritional guide their Hot n Ready pizzas are 2100 and 2300 cals (ham and pepperoni respectively) for the whole pizza, half of that being 1100, maybe you confused those around?
>>
>>35989276
>>35989247
Whoops I read pepperoni as personal my bad. Yeah you're right on that but the picture posted in this thread is like half the size of LC's pizza. LC's is like 11 inches in diameter and the one pictures is about 7 inches
>>
>>35988949

keep going until you see abs
>>
Should I consider on getting a weightlifting belt because of anterior pelvic tilt? Mainly for squats.
>>
A bit of a serious question here: Is it normal for the sacroiliac region of the back to get a bit sore while doing deadlifts?

I'm worried because I've always had back issues because of my height and, as far as I can tell I have pretty good form. If that's not normal, though, I'll have to ask someone to film me lifting so I can check my form and fix it.
>>
Back and shoulders day is today and deadlift day is tomorrow. Even though I only work upper back today, will it affect me deadlift tomorrow?

Did that even make sense? fuark

Readable version: Does doing pullups and rows n shit make your deadlift weaker
>>
>>35984133
I demand a pic
>>
File: shutterstock_307204952[1].jpg (15KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_307204952[1].jpg
15KB, 500x509px
How do I fix rounded/hunched shoulders?
>>
>>35989804
There shouldn't be a noticeable effect on your deadlift.

>>35989317
No. Focus on building good form in order to best correct your tilt, rather than relying on a belt.

>>35989720
Feeling a little stiffness in that area is normal after deadlifting. It should feel analogous to flexing your arm with a bicep pump. Kinda sore, kinda inflated.

>>35989263
Is your goal to gain weight? Are you gaining weight?
>>
>>35988905
You haven't wrecked your body, you are just out of shape. Lifting for a couple months is only the start of your journey.

Keep up the cardio, increase your times a little bit each session. You'll make progress just like anyone else.
>>
Now that Ive acheived decent stats by /fit/s standards from SS. What program should i do to attain hypertrophy? Done with strength focused, I want to look joocy. Im thinking 5/3/1 BBB but if someone can give me reccomendations AND their reasoning behind them that would be great.
>out of skelly mode
>>
>>35988712
STOP shilling that fucking app!
>>
>>35985375
pls respond
>>
>>35985375
You're trying to lose ~3 lbs per week between now and July.

This is on the upper end of what most people aim for in terms of rate of weight loss. It will be mentally and physically exhausting, but you can do it. Go get 'em.

You might find this useful, too: https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/
>>
>>35990234
why? its good
>>
I like to run pretty much everywhere I go. Tonight I was running home from the only club in town and got stopped by a cop for 'acting weird' because according to him 'people usually don't go running around at night in jeans and a hoodie'.

Should I be concerned that this is gonna be a recurring problem?
>>
>>35990364
Wear sweats instead of jeans. Problems solved anon.
>baited
>There are actually people that do this
>Some think its a joke.
>>
>>35990364
b8 answer: are you black?

real answer: maybe, but it's your chance to get a laugh in with Mr. or Ms. Police Officer, which will probably be to your benefit later on.
>>
>>35987035
>Sticky. read it
>Google Mobility stretches
>do these everyday
>but but that takes time.
boo fucking who.
>15 minutes a day is fine.
>>
>>35990379
B-b-but it's 5 degrees outside anon. Shit, I was freezing even in what I was wearing, albeit partially due to standing around for a couple minutes that I should have spent running.
>>35990386
Whiter than sour cream, and thank god for that.
>>
A chin-up is performed with your palms facing you, right? I keep reading conflicting information about chin-ups/pull-ups.
>>
>>35990418
Yes, chin-ups are palms facing you, pull-ups are palms facing away. Chin-ups use more of the biceps, so chances are they'll be easier than pull-ups at first.
>>
>>35990020
Awesome, thanks mate. That's pretty much exactly how I would've described it.
>>
>>35990409
dawg. Wear under armor sweats. I can't remember the brand but they're sweat pants that are made for the cold. Thicker and feel like sweatpants and shouldn't kill your wallet. Googling didnt bring anything up.
>>
File: IMG_3139.jpg (99KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3139.jpg
99KB, 640x1136px
My stomach lurches forward in front of my head. What's the name of this problem? Are there any stretches that can fix it?
>>
>>35990426
Cheers, mate.
>>
>>35990473
literally this is just reg posture problems

so many online resources to fix this, u can be gone of it within 3 months if u commit like 10 min a day

someone else can post shit, i had the same problem and like 3 youtube videos fixed me up tbhqwy
>>
>>35990473
lumbar lordosis. There are several things you can do. Many people suffer from this and if you're on this site enough time you'll notice how prevalent this issue is and how many solutions there are.
This is also called APT. Here are some fixes
>Stretching your hip flexors and quadriceps
>Strengthen your Glutes, Hamstrings, and Core
Fixing your posture will help as well. Stretching everyday will help this.
>>
>>35990539
Wow, that was actually... extremely helpful. Thanks, anon. I won't forget you.
>>
>>35990458
I'll look into it bruh, I guess I'll take looking like a mong dancing in the club in sweats over having bacon breathing down my neck on the way to and from.
>>
>>35987544
Take a break from cutting and eat at maintenance for 3-5 days.
Assuming you have been cutting for a few months or so..
If you've only been cutting a few weeks, just cut harder, or add more anaerobic cardio.. Never do aerobic. Barbell complexes are the greatest tool for body composition
>>
>>35990161
Ask the mentally ill faggot, imo
>>
Fuckin hell this is getting annoying

I'm barely progressing on anything, 6 feet tall 170 lbs and trying to lose another 15 or so lbs of fat before bulking. Eating a shitton of protein but progress is still super slow. Is this normal for a noob eating at a deficit?

Oh yeah and to top it off my squat is fucked because i keep getting this front-hip pain which is apparently called "Femoral Anterior Glide Syndrome"

..help
>>
I'm new to lifting, literally just finished week one of SS. How long can I expect my beginner gains to continue? I already added 30 pounds to my squat(from 95 to 125, I know still bitch weight). Also, what do people mean by 1/2/3/4?
>>
Everytime I curl using a curlbar or try and do any forearm training I am geting a pain halfway down my right forearm. At first I thought it might have been my muscle not being used to that specific kind of movement (only been lifting for 3 months) but its not going away and getting worse. It hurts as if I just bashed my bone against something hard, I can't tell if its a pinched nerve or if I have a microfracture from some previous incident. Anyone knows what this could be?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-12-22-43-05.png (126KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-12-22-43-05.png
126KB, 1440x2560px
Hey /fit, I completely fucked up my cut for this week... how to bring down my weeks average to 1800 over the next 2 days without killing myself.
>>
>>35990820
don't eat more than 600 kcal over the next 2 days and don't die
>>
>>35990316
Having troubles entering this in. What do you think would be the physical activity level for someone that pretty much gets all their activity done at the gym. Let's say an hour to an hour and a half at the gym, with 30mins doing cardio at a pace of at least 3.0 and doing SS for weights. And then some more cardio at home, same time same pace.

I entered what I thought was right (2.0) with no percentage change and it said that everything I'm doing normally would get me on track to my goal weight by the date.
>>
>>35990834
I refuse to let this week be in vein
>>
>>35990764
You can expect reasonable but slowing linear gains for ~6 more months. You'll probably hit a few difficult stalls around then.

1/2/3/4 refers to the number of 45 lb plates per side on a barbell for the OHP, bench press, squat, and deadlift respectively.

>>35990784
If the pain is getting worse, do not continue to aggravate it. First, try different hand positions during the curl (neutral, palms facing, palms away). If you can't find a comfortable grip, it's time to see a doctor.

>>35990758
Which progress? Your weight loss, or your strength gains? Strength gains will be very low on a deficit.
>>
>>35990852
If you want to lose the weight, don't be concerned with finishing the week. You'll just relapse if you do that.

Eat 200 calories less than your current goal for a few days, then go back to your actual goal. It is hugely important that you have your eyes on the prize and don't get caught up with this weekly average shit. Your body doesn't fucking know that it's the end of the week before it drops your weight. Just hit your goals and stop bitching, faggot.
>>
>>35990852
And don't start off next week the way you failed miserably starting off this week, unless you want to relive this retardation.
>>
>>35990851
Sounds like you've got everything right. From your description your activity level should be around 1.9 or 2. That value has worked well for me with exercise equivalent to yours.
>>
>>35990872
this is the best approach, honestly.
>>
File: 3KswWqw.gif (259KB, 425x658px) Image search: [Google]
3KswWqw.gif
259KB, 425x658px
Hey /fit/, for a while now I've been having trouble with both jogging and skipping, a sharp pain in my right ankle whist going at it for a couple of mintues. I try to power through it but slowly it disables my ability to even walk or hop and I have pain trying to move my ankle within the usual RoM, any movement produces nothing but pain.

I am willing to admit I am a fat bastard and we are known to have joint pain, still though it has acted up before though not as bad.

How should I handle this? Force through it and build up the muscles supporting me so they can better handle it or let it rest for a while?
>>
/fit/ how do I stay motivated? I started working out around this time last year and I find it hard to star consistant. There'll be times where I'll work out for 2 weeks straight and then not do anything for more weeks at a time. I've made terrible gains and I've started putting on some fat lately.
>>
>>35990916
I should mention that I managed to last 35 minutes skipping before I had to give my ankle a rest, so it is possible for me to get some work done.
>>
>>35990882
Thanks familia. I know it is because it was one of the things I kept doing wrong for years.
>>
>>35990916
>Force through it and build up the muscles supporting me so they can better handle it

Nope. No, no, no. Do not push joint pain, it will only get worse and potentially go chronic.

Rest it and find an alternative exercise, maybe biking or swimming.
>>
Hows my routine

My routine is
Monday
Squats 5×5
Deads 1×5 medium
Bench 5×5
Then hit isolations for your back,biceps, and triceps, shoulders

Wednesday
Squats 2×5
Deads 1x5 light
Ohp 5x5
Then again light isolations same as monday

Friday is 1 rep max
Squats 1x5
Deads 1x5
Bench 1x5.
Same isolations again
>>
>>35990921
How do you stay motivated to brush your teeth every day? Or shower? Because you really want to do these things or because you want to be clean?

Going to the gym is part of my life for me because I hate, so deeply hate, how I feel when I don't work out. I push heavier weight because I'm afraid of how I'll feel if I don't make progress.

Dunno if that will work for you, but it keeps me consistent.
>>
>>35990877
Thanks. It also says to do a diet of 3000 cals (which I'm doing already) but I'm having a hard time reaching 3000 cals. Not so much that I'm overeating, but I'm not eating enough to reach it. I think that I hit around 2k at max, is this a bad thing?
>>
>>35990937
what's your deadlift/squat/bench/OHP 5-rep weight?

if you're intermediate or advanced that may be too much heavy squatting too frequently, and having the same isolation exercises every day is odd.
>>
>>35990863
Thanks, appreciate the info. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35990996
Not bad per se, as long as you feel okay, you won't actually start starving yourself until you're eating around 1200-1500. Sounds like you're getting lucky if you feel comfortable at 2k cals at your weight.
>>
>>35990935
Well have a bit of agoraphobia when it comes to working out outdoors and I'm a bit of a poorfag so I can't really afford a stationary bike, is their anyway to accelerate the healing or pinpoint the cause, also do you know any low stress cardio I can do in the mean time.

Sorry if I'm being a bit picky anon, this really sucks.
>>
Started dieting and now I poop infrequently and with much less mass; like very small amounts. Reason?
>>
File: 1448214556132.jpg (171KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1448214556132.jpg
171KB, 1280x1024px
is a pot noodle enough to sustain me for a 40 minute jog

i ate all of it
>>
not improving on my weighted 5rep pullups
been doing 1pl8 for the last month (@70kg)

what do?
i've been eating enough and other lifts aren't stalling
>>
>>35983148
Anyone know a good vegetable-based protein (not super expensive, good amount of protein, not like half carbs?) I'm lactose intolerant, and I think some of the gas/bloating might be from the whey, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>35991011
Yeah hunger isn't hitting me at all so I'm not eating so much, I guess it's mostly thanks to the EC stack. Thanks a ton, gets me even more motivated that I'll actually be able to hit my goal.
>>
>>35991039
You'll probably want to throw up or pass out after the jog but go 4 it.
>>
>>35991018
No problem.

Try a calisthenics routine - bodyweight exercises often reach into the cardio category because of the number of reps you'll be performing. You'll build strength and use all of your body to get your heart rate up -- should keep you off of your ankle for the most part.

You Are Your Own Gym is an excellent guide and available to torrent for free.
>>
>>35990916
Switch to barbell complexes for cardio

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
>>
>>35991026
you're saying the amount of stuff you push down your tube has an effect on the amount of stuff that comes out of your tube?

hehe, cmon anon. 'course you poop less on a diet.
>>
I skipped yesterday because I was too tired. Going in this morning. Will my usual breakfast of 3 eggs be enough as a pre-meal or do I need carbs?
>>
How much does caffeine kill appetite if you don't take ephedrine? I started cutting at the same time I started a new job where I'm drinking a lot more caffeine, and I have basically no appetite despite eating almost nothing. I'm a little worried.
>>
>>35991097

I know I know, but I eat oats for breakfast and I thought that was supposed to make you poop more. Also isn't it unhealthy to not poop in a few days?
>>
>>35991085
>>35991083
Thank you anons, I wish you many gains in the future and that you forever stay the course.
>>
>>35991129
More veggies will give you more frequent defecation. Add 1 lb of veggies to your daily diet.
>>
>>35991085
different anon here, is this legit? I lift 4 days a week and do cardio on the fifth, is it really that pointless/counterproductive?
>>
I'm tall (195cm/6'5"), and am trying to put on weight. I'm around 200lbs/90kg atm but am still pretty skinny looking. I'm not willing to take steroids or whatever I'm not interested in aesthetics. I just want to be a big guy (4 u). A bane-ish physique, actually, would be just fine.

Best way to go about this? Bulking on anything and everything obviously but what can I do lifting wise? Do I need a gym or can I do just body weight stuff?
>>
I forgot my question. What was my question?
>>
Currently doing starting strength. What intermediate program should I do after I'm done ?
>>
>>35991263
Go to bed, grandpa
>>
>>35984133
Train both equally, the smaller one will catch up. Training the small one just makes your body favor the large one over the rest of the day.
>>
Should I foam roll before or after stretching?
>>
>>35986299
He's scared and has given into the fear, just leave him be.
>>
>>35986353
>1k calories
That's for women anon, men usually settle on 1500-1800.
It takes a while to lose weight anon, just don't completely abandon your diet if you fall off the wagon.
>>
What's the idea behind the tight training suits ? They look like diving gear.
>>
should I do leg press or single legged press
>>
>>35989982
Exercise back and shoulders. And fix your posture
>>
>>35991613
Single leg is a good idea to force you to be more even with your legs and can stretch out your hips nicely. I'd be doing them if I still went to a commercial gym with a leg press.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 600x597px
How to achieve jay Alvarez body? Looks dry. Do I just cut forever?
>>
Ultra fatass here. 6'1 300+. Come down from 340 down to 320 over five weeks. Feel this is way too slow. Want to get to at least 310 and below before doing squats, as my form is beyond shit right now.
>>
>>35991791
>Question thread
>No question in post
>>
>>35991856
Sorry about that, it's late as fuck where I am. Meant to ask if this was good enough weight loss rate to break below 300 by March?
>>
>>35991190
100000%

Burpees and shit can sometimes be anaerobic if done with enough intensity... Adding weight guaruntees the intensity.

I also like to add jumping back squats into my complex (right after jerks or someshit)
>>
Does 1pl8 mean 20kg or 25kg plates?
>>
>>35991778
Don't bother unless you have his face.
>>
So I can dumbbell shoulder press 24kg (each hand) for 10 reps pretty easily but I can't do 26kg for one rep because I can't get it up. Once I get it up it's easy. Any tips to get past this?
>>
>>35991881
You want to lose 20 lbs in less than 20 days? Srsly? I Know obese people can lose weight freakishly fast but this will strain your heart and everything else, dude.
>>
>>35991960
>this will strain your heart
Why?
Not saying I think it's a good idea he wants to lose weight that quickly, because it isn't, but why would it strain his heart?
>>
>>35991973
>why would it strain his heart?
Why would it strain the heart of a morbidly obese man to do a crash diet? It strain anyone's heart, and his fat makes it even more likely that it can do damage. Crash dieting eats muscle too and wears down the heart musculature. Combine this with the extra work the heart is doing keeping landwhale proportions with blood and you have a potential disaster. A proper cut is better than crash diets any day, both for health and long term weight loss.
>>
>>35991994
So just keep eating less than TDEE and maintaining muscle, and I'll be fine eventually?
>>
>>35991914
20kg

>>35991952
sit down, swing/ curl it then have your elbow on your knee with the weight in the air forearm completely vertical
then raise your leg/ knee and use the momentum to push it

that's how i do it anyway
>>
>>35992006
Eat 500 below your TDEE and you'll be fine. Get into cardio, even if it only means a daily walk and/or some swimming ( better for joints than walking at your size). You can also start lifting but should probably take off more weight before doing any serious program.
>>
>>35992010
Then what's the point of 25kg plates?
>>
>>35991994
>wears down the heart musculature
I'm sorry but this sounds like complete bullshit.
Once again, I totally agree that crash dieting is a stupid, stupid idea, and not healthy in any way. But nevertheless, I don't see how it would directly harm the heart.
>>
i want to cook in advance. what can i cook and save? do you have any source on this subject, it should be practical
>>
>>35992021
What do you think crash dieting does to the body? The cortisol levels alone imposes a threat, not to mention everything else that happens when the body goes into emergency mode. We're not talking short term fasting here, were talking weeks if not months of heightened stress levels and ketosis.
>>
>>35992051
Ketosis isn't dangerous as long as the body still produces insulin, which it will in any remotely healthy person.

I can see how increased stress hormones over time can pose a problem, but I still don't think his heart would atrophy. And that's what I'm calling you out on.
>>
Has anyone ever OHP a person?

I want to my OHP my gf soon but not sure how is best to hold. Do I press her so she is on he side or not?

Also, I press 60kg 3x5, how is best to get to 70? Texas method styled or just keep adding smaller weight every session?
>>
I've been stretching for a while now and haven't noticed any change in my flexibility. I've tried holding the stretches different amounts of time mixing them up, but nothing seems to work. Any tips?
>>
>>35992077
The heart gets damaged by stress hormones. That's one factor. The extra strain of the hormones plus obesity and the damage caused by long term obesity plus any severe weight fluctuations he has gone through combines to become a heart killer combo.

The athropy of healthy musculature, including heart, happens when people of any size starve themselves for longer periods.It can also happen in short periods under the right circumstances such as when people get ship wrecked or experience natural disasters, and go through starvation and dehydration. This is why it is included as a factor when treating people in disaster zones.
>>
>>35992089
>how is best to get to 70?
I've had best results with good ol' linear periodization i.e. starting with a light weight doing high reps and just gradually increasing weight will letting reps fall off from session to session.

If you're already carrying a good amount of muscle in the shoulder girdle, back, hips and arms, it can work equally well or even better to use ultra high frequency with submaximal weigths a la Dan John's "Even Easier Strength" program.

As to how to press your gf, I've never tried, but she'd need to tense up pretty hard, I guess.
>>
>>35983624
>>35984101
Depends on the deficit you run - if you do a Kg/week deficit or somewhere there abouts then 7 weeks would be reasonable
>>
>>35992130
Do you think I should OHP 3x a week if I don't bench. Also, how could I periodise this?
>>
>>35990965
Thanks. I think having that mindset will help a lot
>>
How do I determine my caloric intake in order to make gains?
>>
Best daily calorie intake counter?
>>
> http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160212-do-we-all-need-to-eat-more-protein

>"If you eat more protein than you need, it turns into carbohydrates or fat"

how is this allowed
>>
>>35983148
How do I isolate my obliques? They are kind of lacking
>>
File: VZ22rnc.jpg (25KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
VZ22rnc.jpg
25KB, 500x250px
Have I overtrained? Should I see a physio?

>squatting heavy 3 days a week, progressing 5lbs per session
>Cycling a few miles a day for commute
>Go out drinking last night, get too drunk, get home and collapse
>Wake up in the night with intensely painful muscle spasms in calf
>next day calf is totally useless, maybe pulled or sprained
>Feels like dragging a solid lead weight around on the end of my leg everywhere I go
>>
I progressed to 100kg on my diddylift today, I do Deadlifts 3 times a week as I want them much higher than my Squat till I swap em with Cleans.

Today, my back rounded a little on two of the reps, however I feel this was more to do with my starting position (chest not high enough) than the weight (I did my last rep fine).

Should I stay at the same weight next session and try to complete with perfect form first, or progress as normal?
>>
File: 1455161193264.gif (2MB, 309x174px) Image search: [Google]
1455161193264.gif
2MB, 309x174px
I just lost my job and I start a new one in April. I'm wondering whats the best way to get back in shape considering this one is a lot more physically demanding than my old desk job.

I'm thinking something like an hour daily of
>Stretching
>Weightlifting
>Cardio, maybe twice a day

I was thinking of doing P90X but I think I would just prefer a standard weightlifting regime instead.
>>
File: EBINWUALL.jpg (2MB, 6064x6072px) Image search: [Google]
EBINWUALL.jpg
2MB, 6064x6072px
>>35992548
>workout
>get abseloutly wasted afterwards
>suprised when your muscels cramp up
shiggy diggy
>>
Weakass skeleton here, I'm struggling like fucking crazy with the overhead press. Today I put a grand total of 10kg on the bar and it felt heavy as fuck.

Last two reps of my last set were a big struggle and quite honestly, I don't know if the bar is going anywhere next time with 12.5kg on it.

Am I fucking doomed or would it be a good idea to cheat and help out with a slight bounce so I can actually make some progress?
>>
File: DZqeyOO.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DZqeyOO.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>35992642
That is pretty much precisely what happened. Is this a thing? Can booze cause cramps?
>>
I get pain in my side when I eat (left side). Anyone know what it is? Sort of feels tight and prickly with a twingy sort of pain. I'm skelly and need to bulk but this stuff makes it impossible to eat a lot. Pls help.
>>
>>35992647
OHP is one of the hardest lifts to progress

Don't cheat. Your goal is to lift hard until it isn't as hard anymore then you progress. It should always be hard.

Cheating is just going to inflate your numbers, which is going to "feel" like you're making progress, but if you try and progress again too fast you're just going to fail over and over.
>>
>>35992518
russian twists, my friend
my girlfriend does them and she's fucking hot n shyt
>>
>>35992647
How long have you been lifting? I've been lifting 6 months and just recently hit 40kg OHP, which is 10kg on either side of the 20kg bar. Don't rush as you'll just injure yourself, OHP is fucking difficult.
>>
>>35992670
Thats not very reassuring m8
>>
>>35992647
I assume the bars 20kg?

40 is normal for a novice; never cheat though, drop the weight and build up if your failing.

OHP is notorious for being hard to progress on, make sure you eat and sleep well. Are you doing 3x5 or 5x5?

Also, watch this: https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI.
>>
Best daily calorie intake counter?
>>
>>35992681
>>35992685
Only the end of the second week in the gym and the bar is 20kg, yes.
I'm also doing 3x5. Thing is, how do I progress then, just repeat the same weight until I can handle it properly or get microplates?
>>
>>35992730
Repeat with same weight. I had a similar problem, so I repeated the weight, then progressed with ease.

Are you on a bulk? Sleeping enough?

Also, I find warming up helps a good deal.
>>
>>35992755
I'll just try the same weight again I guess. Sleeping/eating should be fine; I'm actually paying attention for once and don't run on 4 hours of sleep and 10 cups of coffee.

That lift is an utter asshole though.
>>
>>35992026
Hey anon
I batch cook and freeze large meals, usual ones are:
Any kind of curry. Thai is good.
Chilli
Chicken and bacon pasta, or any riff on that

Basically anything that you can add to rice/pasta/bread, so all you have to prepare is that then microwave the meaty frozen part.
>>
>>35992662
Might be your vagas nerve anon, look it up, fairly common.

Also might not be the correct spelling
>>
>>35992883
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>35986210
Practice doing push ups

>>35986311
Practice doing pull ups
>>
>>35987080
A blanket you retard.
>>
>>35987619
She wants the 'D' bro.
>>
>>35987675
If you are starting out all you need is a barbell and a few weights, a skipping rope for cardio, two chairs for dipping and bar to do chin-ups.
>>
>>35992551
Anyone?
>>
Why do I have to wait so much between reps? 2-5 minutes wait sounds excessive
>>
>>35993318
Dont then. Do 1min, do 30 sec if you want as long as you can do your full set do what you want.
3min is a good spot for a hard set tho. Not too little, not too much.
>>
File: abstractpepe2.jpg (15KB, 405x371px) Image search: [Google]
abstractpepe2.jpg
15KB, 405x371px
Brehs, I have lost 8.2 lbs in my first month of training. Am I going to quickly? If I keep this pace will I have lose skin? Am I gunna make it?
>>
>>35983148
Is it normal for your biceps to get a pump after doing OHPs?
>>
Camb are you lurking? If so -

My friend has a shrunken PCL and very weak hamstrings. I've put him on Starting Strength but I guess he needs some form of flexion of the knee to bring his hamstrings up to date.

How should I go on about this
>>
How Important is rest, i want to train as often as possible but also want to make fast gains, am i good if i do upper lower Rest upper lower Rest...
>>
I just fapped and I literally felt all of my gains from the morning go away, fuck.
>>
Does anyone have the screencap of a greent text story where a curl bro is watching a guy squat but he doesn't know what a squat is?

He describes it like the guy is struggling to get back up 5 times and he can't help because he's doing curls
>>
Just posted a thread asking this, but some fag redirected me to this thread.

Sup /fit/. Used to browse here 2 years ago, but some events in my life really fucked me up and now im a dyel skinny fag. I wanna do SL beginner routine. I believe it's 3 times a week. So my question is is it okay if I do cardio and abs on off days? like 20-30min cardio and another 30min hitting abs and obliques?
>>
>>35993949
Dont 'hit your abs and oblique', sounds like crunches and side crunches.

by ab-roller and get progressively stronger at it, start with knees on the floor.

yes cardio is fine

SL is crappy routine do something like

squat
bench
row (heavy, main row)
flies
row (cable, focus on retracting your shoulder blades)

three main lifts 3-5x5 how you like it and additional (flies, row) higher (2-3x8-12)

romanian deadlift 3-5x5
chinup or lat pulldown 3-5x5
press 3-5x5
some delt work (side delts with cable or dumbell 2-3x10)
some hamstring help like leg curl 3-x10

axbxaxx
bxaxbxx throw in curl or tricep every other week
>>
>>35993949
It's fine if you feel fine the next day on your lifts. You still want to rest enough to be able to do your SL lifts.
Fuck once the ball starts rolling you might as well do HIIT on off days if the lifts keep getting up that is.
>>
>>35993980

wow thanks for that lengthy reply appreciate it. I have some questions though. Will the ab roller train my obliques? I have really weak obliques. I wanna include dips into my routine as well, where would that fit in? Also I want to make it clear that I want my program to focus on my lats and delts. I really wanna have a v-taper look. I don't wanna have small neglected delts.

When you say press you mean shoulder press?
>>
How good is jogging on the spot for cardio?
>>
>>35994100
Yes a form of shoulder press, if your shoulders allow, barbell, if they don't - dumbell.

Ab roller will train your deeper trunk/core muscles better than crunch shit.

Also remember to train flexibility, you rpobably have 2-3 postural imbalances

and no you dont have 'really weak obliques', trust me.

dips, well you could just do dips instead of bench if you feel you can progressively overload dip movement.

v-taper comes from diet!
>>
So I thought I was pulling too much with lower back on deadlifts and that was causing me lower back pain, but i think it was squats instead.

When I would get to the bottom of the hole and come up, I would lean forward a little and then correct it instead of pushing against the bar with my back to keep a straight bar path. Do you think this could have contributed to lower back pain?

Because the past few days I've been tight and sore in my lower back, and when I went to squat today, I couldn't achieve full depth because of the soreness.

Should I focus on getting a stronger back and drop weight to keep good form?
>>
How the fuck do I progress on my OHP?
>>
File: Owgb26R.jpg (87KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
Owgb26R.jpg
87KB, 500x338px
Why on almost all routines is it standard to do multiple sets of curl variations?
I was look at one early that was something like
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 barbell curls

And this isn't even the worst I've seen.
Isn't 96 curls completely excessive?

What wrong with just doing one variation 3x8-12 like anything else?
>>
File: scooby-the-pec-chef.jpg (55KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
scooby-the-pec-chef.jpg
55KB, 600x686px
How does one properly give the ol natty lickaroo to grills. Any places to read up on or people that are experienced. Also what do for foreplay. I'm meeting up with a fuckbuddy Wednesday and need help.
>>
>>35994309
Buy small plates. Deload. Take your time.
>>
Will eating soybeans kill my gains because of estrogen?
>>
File: header-L.jpg (165KB, 980x510px) Image search: [Google]
header-L.jpg
165KB, 980x510px
Whats the secret to a clean shave like pic related? Am I suppose to go to a barber for it?
>>
File: Dyel(1).jpg (391KB, 633x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Dyel(1).jpg
391KB, 633x1366px
I can't decide what to do. I've been on SS eating above TDEE, but I really want to get leaner first for a clean base. So, Cut or Bulk? I don't know anymore.
>>
>>35994368
Look for a video by nina hartly and sunny Leone (i think?) that gives instructions on how to eat out.
On mobile so I can't link it, but I'm sure its easy to find
>>
I've been doing curls (hammer and regular) with both dumbbells going up at the same time because this it feels like it's harder to cheat with shit form. I haven't seen anyone else do this in 6 months at the gym or in any youtube videos. Is this retarded or not?
>>
if i do romanian deadlifts one day, will doing squats the next day overwork my hammies?
>>
>>35994445
height, weight, lifting stats?

this looks like you've been building a good base
>>
>>35994347
Brosplits are always shit. They're intended fro cyclists.
>>
>>35994445
Mirin that skin.
>>
>>35994445
I'd bulk a wee bit more then cut
>>
Does anyone know off the top of their head a good 3 day split? I'd consider myself an intermediate, but due to my job I'll only be able to lift 3 times a week now.

Thanks
>>
>>35994472
182cm, around 80kg (started at ~76).
Stats in kg:
Squat 105
Diddly 107.5 (failed last rep of 110 last time)
Bench 65
OHP stuck at 40

>>35994483
Th-thanks

>>35994486
What would a good stopping point be? Should I just continue until I hit 3pl8 or something?

Also, how do I get my Deadlift above my Squat? I've recently started doing it every session and only squatting every second session to get the Dead up, but I can't really go full-power after squatting. Any specific exercises I should be focusing on?
>>
>>35994633
i do dl and squat on different days because they leave me way too fatigued to do other stuff
it's not like i'm a pro though
>>
I lift using ONLY dumbbells. Should I use 8-12 reps (including for main lifts) since DBs won't ever be as heavy?
>>
>>35994477
So do you think it fine to just do 3x8-12 DB curls for natty lifters?
>>
Is high fat high protein medium carbs bad for bulking?

For example I've had 2867 calories today, 165g of protein, 241g of carbs (myfitnesspal goal of 410), and 150g of fat.
>>
Just went to the gym for the first time doing SS, is it bad if the sorest parts of my body are my quads and between my shoulders? Did I start too heavy on squats?

Also, I had trouble doing ohp with just the bar. I got 3x5 but I felt like I was using my back way too much in the lift.
>>
Should I do stationary bike or elliptical for cardio?

>inb4 cardio kills gains
>>
>>35994772
No.
>Did I start too heavy
Unless your from broke, no you didn't.
>>
>>35994772
Did you use proper form on the OHP? Was your grip semi diagonal? Did you brace your core and keep your legs locked?
>>
I can't squat anymore, at least not any time soon, due to a hip flexor/groin injury. How can I get my quad's stronger? I tried increasing deadlift volume, but my quads don't receive enough of the workload.
>>
>>35994696
Bump
>>
Is there any problem with eating around 1500 calories below TDEE on a cut while drinking enough water and getting sufficient protein? Besides breaking down and binging of course.
>>
>>35994907
Probably not. I kept my legs locked but I wasn't getting below the bar during the lift, only near the end. I was arching my back during it, which didn't feel right.

I'll try again with the same weight next time.
>>
>>35994979
Besides what you already said, and besides maybe feeling shitty, not getting essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, probably not much.
>>
>>35995007
>not getting essential nurients
That's why I asked.how big of a deal is that?
>>
>>35994991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
>>
File: 9e5d8f8712aa.jpg (107KB, 660x356px) Image search: [Google]
9e5d8f8712aa.jpg
107KB, 660x356px
How bad is white cheese and more specifically the eastern European kind as pic related.
>>
>>35994471
>>35994471
>>35994471
pls respond
>>
>>35994471
>>35995124
Try it and see how you feel?
>>
Any tips to get better sleep? It feels like lately (last 3 weeks) my sleep has been pretty subpar. When I started lifting (10 weeks ago) I was hitting 8-9-10 continous hours of sleep without waking up. Now I feel like I wake up every 3 hours, take an hour to fall asleep and wake up 3 hours later and can't fall back to sleep.

My bedtime hasn't changed (I go into my room at midnight everyday, set alarm for 830am). I don't have any electronics in my room (no tv, tablet, only bring in my phone as its my alarm, but I never turn it on). I try to take a cool/cold shower about 30 minutes before bed, usually read (in the living room) for about 30-45 minutes after my shower then head to my room.

Room has blackout curtains. Also I try not to eat within 4 hours of going to bed and I usually take ZMA about an hour before bed. Tried changing positions, changing pillows, heavier covers, lighter covers, flipping over my mattress...Any other ideas/tips?
>>
>>35995158
Clear your mind, anon.

Obviously something is bothering you. Job, your mom, who knows.
>>
>>35995052
Thanks, this makes much more sense now.
>>
My mid back hurts when looking down with the neck; it started after a set of OHP.
What could be the problem?
>>
>>35993387

Bumping for answers. Sorry I need to know if I should slow down or am ok.
>>
>>35995321
It will slow down, don't worry.

Also, don't worry when it slows down.
>>
>>35995082
High protein low fat.
Go for it. Watch the sodium tho.
>>
>>35983148
Are there any Anon's who can say whether its worthwhile to get a massage?

I ask because I'm thinking of getting one but I'm not sure what to expect from it.
>>
>>35995565
Best hand job of my life
>>
>>35995565
pretty enjoyable, but very expensive
don't think there's much recovery based benefits if it's just some random masseuse and not a sport physio though
>>
>>35995586
Is that like, a guaranteed thing or is there some etiquette to go there?
>>
>>35995599
Depends where you got desu. I wouldn't go to your regular spa expecting a cheeky finisher.
>>
I often get a dull headache after heavy deadlifts. Is that normal?
>>
Is it easy to get big from being skinny and lifting while eating a ton or get fat first then lift?
>>
File: body-shapes.png (589KB, 1551x729px) Image search: [Google]
body-shapes.png
589KB, 1551x729px
Regarding body shape, is there much you can do about changing it?
How do you slim down shoulders and ribcage?
>>
>>35995657
You may just have a poor respiratory/circulatory system. Make sure you breathe properly, warm up properly, sleep properly, eat properly etc.
>>
File: ForearmExerciseGripper.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ForearmExerciseGripper.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
2 questions:

1. I'm on my first cut at 1,800kcal a day. First week was OK but now I'm finding that I barely have the energy to complete my routine. Am I cutting calories too hard or is this normal?

2. Forearm grips like pic related. Are they effective in building bigger forearms?
>>
>>35995863
Are you hitting your macros?
>>
>>35995734
>How do you slim down shoulders and ribcage?
By losing weight
>>
>>35995876
Everything but carbs. Which makes sense. But my carbs goal is so high that it seems impossible to hit. I guess I need to start eating more sweet potatoes or something
>>
>>35995894
How much? I'm at 115lbs now.
>>
I am approaching my likely end to using SL routine. Overall I've enjoyed it, its simple and its worked. However, I am starting to stall and the gains I'm making now are much shorter. So I am looking to move toward another program. Recommendations?

First i'll say I am not lifting for aesthetics, powerlifting or olympic lifting. I am not looking to compete and the only sports I play are just pickup basketball games with friends. I'm a fairly typical guy, got a little weight to lose and want to keep/stay healthy.

I guess if I was to rank in order my "goals" it would go like...

Strength > Muscle Definition/Hypertrophy > Size > Competition or Competing (be it powerlifting, olympic or bodybuilding, basically no interest in any of it.

What intermediate plans/approaches do you like?
>>
>>35983148

Yo.

My deadlift is at a little more than 3pl8 with 5 reps raw with hook grip.
I want to continue deadlifting raw.

Fuck straps.
Fuck belts.
Fuck mixed grip.

I want to be sure that my grip strength follows, so I want to do static holds.
Would it be a problem to do some sets of static holds the day after/before doing 1.5pl8 rows?
Or should I do it the same day?
>>
>>35996395

Actually, I just use the normal double overhand grip.
>>
>>35996286
How tall?
>>
>>35996623
4'11
>>
>>35996623
5'1
>>
>>35996679
If you have fatty shoulders and ribs at that weight at that height you need to gain muscle. Very simple. The muscle will distribute the fat you have better and balance your hormone levels more.
>>
>>35996679
I'm two inches taller than you and weight 10 lbs less. Go lose weight.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.