[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 32

File: AMP.jpg (7KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
AMP.jpg
7KB, 343x147px
old QTDDTOT is dead so let's get a new one going.

does anyone here have experience with AMP citrate as a preworkout?

took 300mg AMP 300mg Caffiene and had a good heavy session, but now (~2h post workout) i'm feeling really light headed and dizzy.

am i dying?
>>
>>35778790
I have a barbell, some weights, and a rather wobbly bench for bench pressing.

How do I do squats?
>>
>>35778810
get a gym membership.
>>
>>35778790
no you're not dying
>>
looking to do a juice fast for 5 days, what to expect>?
>>
>>35778936
how long will it take for this to pass? how long's AMP stay in your system?
>>
>>35778946
pissing out your ass.
>>
>>35778810
Squat with said weights
>>
Am just fucking witing for DHL with my fucking AMP Citrate. So fucking excitet
>>
>>35779078
what does this even say. please speak english
>>
>>35779194
>These are the people giving you advice on /fit/
>>
What is the best way/form to do rows if I really want to hit my upper back?
>>
File: fit.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
What does anon think about cutting with albuterol?
>>
you guys ever eaten an ostrich egg?
>>
Urgent help needed

I'm fucking fat. I Bulked to hard and I'm ready to cut. I'm so anxious to get my bod back, I've been eating at 3k calories for the last few months. Would it be wise to drop straight down to 2k calories or drop 200 calories a week till I hit 2k calories?

I really want to get this in gear and I don't know if I can deal with waiting 5 weeks to get to 2k calories
>>
How do you beat the feeling of physical exhaustion when cutting? I've been on a 500 calorie deficit for 2 weeks, lost half a stone (3kg €uro) but I feel exhausted all day at work and my lifts suffer in the evenings too.
>>
>>35779312
i went from eating ~5000-6000 calories a day to 2200.

the only negative aspect really that i faced was that i was fucking starving for about the first 2 weeks, these days i'm rarely hungry.

if you're not mentally weak you shouldn't have any problem going from 3k to 2k a day.
>>
>>35779324
You been chugging water anon?
>>
>>35779339
Would it make a difference if I just finished my PCT?
>>
>>35779324
Eat more carbs, less fat and brotons?
Buy some caffeine pills and bronkaid. I feel like shit when cutting without ECA.
>>
>>35779370
what?

you're on a cycle?
>>
>>35779397
Just finished it. I'm not actually fat, just not lean as I'd like. I've read that it's important to keep calories and fat high for awhile off
>>
>>35779347
Green tea and water all day erry day. I guess there's always room for more water though. It'll help against the hunger at least.

>>35779372
I need to keep up my 3 proteon a day or it's Goodbye Gains. I'll try strong black coffee for a couple of days, see what happens.

Thanks
>>
>>35779410
>3 proteon
?
If you're saying that you're eating 300grams of brotons, then that's way too much.
>>
>>35779468
I was just memeing my friend. I only meant that I'm not enthusiastic about cutting proteins back and eating more carbs
>>
>>35778790
Doesn't work at all. College degree in this shit. Nutrition professor straight up said this is crap. No evidence or reasonable way dietary AMP can get from the stomach to your muscles intact. You just took a fuck ton of caffeine.
>>
File: RunKeeper.png (113KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
RunKeeper.png
113KB, 512x512px
I'm starting to use MyFitnessPal to track meals. I have a few questions about it.

1. Since my meals are varied, do I need to make a new recipe every time I have a new combination of food? (toast/toast with ham/toast with jam etc)
2. What do I do when someone else makes a meal? (Asking the recipe in minute detail comes off as weird)
3. Does preperation of food matter much? When I make a new recipe in the app, should I just put in the basic ingredients (1 egg, x2 serving) or should I look up the specific amount and way they're prepared when using the search function (2 eggs, poached).

Overall the search function seems tedious the way i'm using it.
I just had some roasted veg and chicken in pasta sauce, and had to search each vegetable individually and find the one that said "roasted" (though eventually I gave up and just went with any that said raw). Does preparation matter much in the ingredients list?
>>
>>35779514
i've taken high doses of caffiene alone and AMP-citrate definitely hits a lot harder. i'm probably not going to take it anymore though if it gives me this light-headedness
>>
>>35779568
when i cut i track my calories/macros for the first month and from then on in i can pretty accurately estimate.

i use MyFitnessPal as more of a guide more-so than a method of tracking every calorie/macro that i consume in a day
>>
File: Growth_Memories_EXH.png (354KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
Growth_Memories_EXH.png
354KB, 452x452px
Is it possible to get pic related physique while staying natty? if so, how many years of training?
>>
I read that each individual has a different squat form, in terms of stance, bar position and grip . How do I ascertain which squat is the best for me, while still being safe?
>I had an injury because of poor squat form , now I've corrected it , but still feel a slight pain in my back , even though the pt at my gym says my form is correct. is it the bar placement on my back and is a negligible back pain expected after squatting?
>my squats are at 100 lbs , SL 5x5
>>
There are three bars at the gym: the long one that fits onto the racks, the smaller one that is the same thickness, and the even smaller one that is curly and light as fuck. I know the first one weighs 20kg, what about the other two?
>>
Why do we always have multiple QTDDTOT threads running?
>>
>>35779978
The curly bar is an e-z curl bar and weighs 10kg, not sure about the other one.

Just walk onto your gyms scale, then pick up the bar and stand on the scale.
>>
>>35779993
the old one was last replied to 5 hours and 12 minutes ago.
>>
>>35779969
plas halp
>>
For the past 2 weeks or so I have pretty bad pain deep in my calf muscle, I think I have torn something. Its sore whenever I put weight on it especially in the morning and continues throughout the day. I'm doing SS and really don't want to stop because I haven't missed a single session yet. Although I can barely squat without serious pain normally whenever I get warmed up on the exercise bike and stretch it out I can get through the squats pretty well, but I'm wondering if this will hinder the healing of the calf? I'm not doing anything else like running that would do any damage to it but it doesn't seem to be getting much better either
>>
>>35780045
You can't wait 10 minutes?
>>
>>35780098
>>35780098
Actually I just noticed its not quite as painful today when I'm walking on it so it could be getting a little better, but I still want to know if squats will do any further damage or impair recovery. Also I'm just maintaining the weight I was doing before the injury to be careful
>>
>>35778810
>buy a rack
>go to gym
>power clean + front squats
>>
I'm trying to reach some strength goals before an impending cut, and I want to riding my bicycle for like 90 minutes a day

so does cardio actually kill gainz other than squat? since I've already reached my squat goal. but not my deadlift goal, etc.
>>
Is this a good meal plan for cutting?

Breakfast
>2 oatmeal packets

Lunch
>.5 lb chicken breast
>1/2 cup rice
>1/2 cup black beans

Dinner
>.5 lb chicken breast
>1/2 cup rice
>1/2 cup black beans

Snack
>1 cup peanuts

Total
>Protein 200 grams
>Fat 92 grams
>Carbs 135 grams
>Calories 2172

I'm 6'2", 200 lbs, 20% bf this is right around a 500 calorie deficit

My plan was to just eat this every day and continue to work out 3-4 times a week, hoping to lose ~1 pound a week. I was gonna go for losing 20 pounds but I will probably re-evaluate at 10 and 15 pounds before going back into bulking.

I take a multi-vitamin, bcaa stack on workout days, fish oil, and vitamin d

Other than getting bored with eating the same thing every day is there any danger to this?
>>
>>35780113
what about now?
>>
Aren't the omegas easy to hit, or even crazily surpass daily, without supplementation? 6 is obviously easy, but even 3 with seeds, some walnuts or fish 2-3 days a week.

Thoughts?
>>
>>35780266
>Other than getting bored with eating the same thing every day

You'll never be able to eat this more than a few days in a row. You need to come up with at least a few variations for each meal.
>>
>>35780328
thats what different hot sauces are for holmes
>>
>>35780266
>Snack
>1 cup peanuts

Breh, one cup of peanuts not in the shell is over 800cal.
But they are probably in their shells.
Everything looks great, you could go lower with the protons if you'd like.
And if you get bored with the peanuts, try a fiber one 100cal pastry.
>>35780328
You can eat like that for over a month, easily.
I have shit willpower, and eating chicken/rice three-four times a day is easy.
>>
>>35778790
I've been lifting for a few months, but feel like I really missed out by starting with a dumb bro split rather than a basic strength routine to build a base to go from after I got my shit together.

I'm thinking of doing a few months of SS. The problem is that I'm not one hundred percent a beginner anymore, so I don't know if my body would be able to handle anywhere near that level of progression.

I'm 6' (1.82), 180lbs (82) and my 3x5s are roughly 240 / 200 / 155 (110 / 90 / 70).

Opinions?
>>
>>35780349
>You can eat like that for over a month, easily.
If you hate every ounce of yourself, maybe.

>>35780347
Learn to cook food that has a taste rather than coating it in sauces and seasoning.
>>
>>35780370
>If you hate every ounce of yourself, maybe

What are you?
An obese housewife?
>>
>>35779969
ploxxxx
>>
>>35780349
Yeah, that's where pretty much all of the fat in there is coming. I have been tracking what I've been eating the past few days and found I'm pretty much eating no fat which is what pushed me to make some meal plans. I have been playing around with a few others but this is one I think could work. I was thinking about switching out some of the carbs with something that may be more filling but not very calorie dense like spinach or something like that.
>>
>>35780384
Someone who learned how to cook something other than chicken rice and broccoli instead of pretending I don't have taste buds and pushing food down my throat as a routinely chore.

You too can do this.
>>
>>35780422
I don't think of food as a chore, I just have no problem eating the same foods every day, and there isn't a thing wrong with that.
I enjoy trying out new recipes, baking, grilling and making soups, but I don't have anything against having a bowl of ramen for a meal either.

You may not be able to eat the same things every day, but other people can with ease.
You seem like a slow, picky eater breh.
>>
How is this for legs day on a PPAPPBx routine? Wondering mainly about any muscle imbalances that would result from this.

> Day A (1st legs day)
Barbell Squats: 4x5
Romanian DL 3x8-10
Reverse hyperextension 3x8-10
Single leg press 3x8-10
Hamstring Curls 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises 5x10-12
Cable Crunch 3x25

> Day B (2nd legs day)
Deadlift 3x5
Front squats 3x8-10
Reverse hyperextension 3x8-10
Single leg press 3x8-10
Hamstring Curls 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises 5x10-12
Cable Crunch 3x25
>>
>>35780228
Cardio kills no gains, not even squats. Have you seen professional cyclists legs?

Cutting kills gains, though, and that's a fact.
>>
>>35780507
Maybe I am. I take it back if it is as trivial to you as it looks like.
>>
3x5 weighted chins before or after 5x5 squats?
>>
>>35779194
I believe the gentleman ordered some AMP Citrate, and it is being delivered by the shipping company DHL. The gentleman anxiously awaits their arrival.
>>
>>35780572
after
>>
>>35779224
If your torso is parallel with the floor, the lats are doing most of the work. You want about a 45 degree angle with the floor.
>>
>>35779255
Nope.
>>
I'm a beginner doing ss/stronglifts. Would 3x5 or 5x5 be better or is there even that much of a difference?
Also why is deadlift only 1x5?
>>
File: 1111.gif (8KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
1111.gif
8KB, 500x180px
there's no decent gyms near me, they're all cardio bunny hotspots
I also live with people below me, so having a home gym is out of the equation

the only thing I do have is a fairly big garden
can I put my squat rack, bench and weights out there? I'm in the UK, just wondering how I can keep it all protected from the weather though

use a tarp? do I need something on the floor to stop it from putting holes in the floor, if so what?
thanks
>>
File: Capture.jpg (34KB, 887x102px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
34KB, 887x102px
>>35780676
I prefer 5x5
>>
>>35780676
Are you doing SS or stronglifts? Very different programs.

The overwhelming response you're going to get on fit is 3x5 is better volume for a beginner. I agree, doing 75 reps of all the main lifts on an insane progression schedule is counter productive.

Rippetits explains why the 1x5 Deadlift - it's because it's a very taxing exercise. Remember it's actually 2x5+1x5 with the two progressive warmup sets.
>>
what if I did stronglifts but instead 3x5 and with accessories at end

so it would be -
axbxa and next week v bxaxb

a would look like
squats 3x5
bench press 3x5
rows 3x5
dips 3x5
curls 3x8

b would be
squats 3x5
ohp 3x5
deadIifts 1x5
chinups 3x5
curls 3x5
>>
>>35780769
Then it wouldn't be SL.

Look, if you want to add some curls at the end of a day to a program, then you can still more or less call it by its name, even though you're going to grow in a different way than intended.

If you completely change the volume while maintaining progression and then add a huge amount of accessories, you're doing your own program.

The program you described is much closer to SS with accessories than SL.
>>
>>35780845
yea I figured it's barely even sl anymore
but is it a shit routine?
>>
is chocolate milk actually a good post-workout drink, or is it just a meme?
>>
>>35780934
chocolate milk is great at any hour of day

I'm fat though
>>
>>35780934
If you choose you with low sugar content and no additives yes it is. But the best would be to drink normal milk with chocolate flavoured whey. More proteins and less crap, but still chocolate milk.
>>
File: proof.png (228KB, 843x842px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
228KB, 843x842px
My knees are starting to hurt, outside of exercising now, after a month of squats, 3 times a week. My last session I did 90kg, and I'm starting to notice my knees being in pain, days after.

Will this get worse, or better, especially as I am constantly moving up weights?
>>
Is 1300 calories enough on a cut for a 5'6 turbo manlet? I've got 25lb more to lose and I want to be done before the summer. I'm eating clean so all of that is used on proper meals.
>>
>>35780865
It's mostly okay but has a couple of glaring issues:

Swap places between dips and chin-ups (alternating grip is good here) and change one of the curls for something else. A shoulder, tricep or calf accessory. Little point to curling every single workout at the expense of doing none of those three.
>>
Can't wait for my phenibut and etizolam to come in so I can have the courage to go to gym
>>
>>35781115
Sounds awfully low. I don't know your body comp but even as a manlet it should be closer to 1600-1700. Cutting too much is a gains waster.
>>
>>35780693
help please
I looked at a permanent gazebo but they cost a fuck load
>>
>>35778790
Is there any good program/site online where I can count calories, protein, carbs and stuff? I want to check if my diet is proper.
>>
whats the best brand of ephedrine
>>
>>35781192
Myfitnesspal is best imho.

>>35780534
Bamp.
>>
>>35781156
I'm going to start lifting when I'm done.
>>
>>35781055
If it continues, get checked. You're not supposed to hurt continously if not DOMS.
>>
>>35781260
Biggest mistake in the history of mistakes. Start now or you're screwing yourself over.
>>
>>35781055
It's not supposed to hurt and it won't get better if you continue like that.

Check your form.
Warm up PROPERLY.
Check your ankles, glutes, hamstrings.
Maybe switch to a more hip dominant squat style.

If all fails, discontinue squatting. You will regret blowing out your knees.
>>
>>35781271
It's not a DOMS pain, it's more sharp.

>>35781303
I warm up by doing a set of empty bar, then continue doing sets of 4-5 reps, adding 10kg every set, until I get to the weight I'll be doing, and as far as I can tell, my form is fine. Should I stop going ATG?
>>
>>35781192
>>35781223
>my fitness pal
Just checked it, and something is very wrong. Acording to it, 100g of brown rice only has 112 cal and 24 carbs, while the package clearly says it's about 3 times as much. What the hell?
>>
>>35781271
>>35781303

I should add that it's not major, but a twinge.
>>
How much does calorie maintenance vary per person? I have used many calculators and log/weigh my food. I should be gaining weight but Im losing it.
TL;DR how much of a role does metabolism actually play in weight gain/loss?
>>
>>35781390
http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

That'll tell you how many calories you should take in.

If you want, you can mess about with the height and weight, to see how much it would vary between people.
>>
Just measured myself for the first time in years and found that I'm 5' 9, am I a manlet /fit/? Whats the cutoff?
>>
>>35781324
Some of the info in it isn't accurate, it's user entered. Use common sense anon.
>>
>>35781488
I think you need to be 7'3" minimum bro, sorry.
>>
File: 1453241451066.jpg (119KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453241451066.jpg
119KB, 960x960px
I've been getting knee pain from deadlifts. I've googled the issue and but can only find info relating to the bar hitting the shins and knees on the way up. This however is not the issue.

The pain I am getting is on the outside if my right knee, and on the upper half of my knee - for want of a better way of describing it.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?
>>
>>35781503
thanks man, I'll keep hitting those horse steroids
>>
i watched some raw squatting championship videos on youtube and the competitors sniffed some thing for a bit before attempting their lifts. anyone know what that is? seemed to be from a white bottle.
>>
>>35781685
Smelling salts.

Potent ammonia salts or something.
It's great for waking people up.
>>
Every time I squat I have pain in my upper right quad. Doing SL for about 3 months and I'm doing 265x5. I stretch my hips and work on mobility as much as I can but it always hurts towards the top of my squat. Anyone else experience this? Seems better on Mondays and is bad Wednesday's and Fridays so maybe I should take a week off of a light week
>>
>>35781833

These are high bar squats btw, maybe I should try lowbar. It was super awkward for me when I started so I did high bar instead
>>
Should I do creatine and whey ?
>>
>>35781321
So you're not actually warming up. A proper warm up will force maximum amounts of fluids into the knee and hip joints, and will make you sweat slightly.
>>
>>35781923
whey really is just to hit your protein goals or to make sure you have protein before a workout. If your eating enough protein and your meal is spaced out before your workout, then you don't need whey. If you eat lunch at noon and workout at 5, then you need protein before your workout.

As for creatine, if your workout is really intense or your lifting close to your max, then creatine will help. If your 8 weeks into SS you don't need creatine. Creatine simply helps bring more water to the muscle, typically letting you work it harder and recovery better.
>>
Does anyone have any helpful tips for eating healthy living with hamplanets? Moved back home and my family doesn't care about nutrition at all.

I already precook meals Sunday mornings and freeze / refrigerate them.

Thinking about keeping healthy foods somewhere besides the kitchen and only allowing myself to eat from my healthy stash.

Thanks
>>
>>35781999
B-but the sticky told me otherwise

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/warmups.html
>>
My back arches in really badly when I stand up straight. But if I stand with my knees bent my back posture seems to be fine. What muscles would I need to stretch/strengthen to sort this out?
>>
Any way to prevent or minimalize loose skin? Trying to lose 30-40kg.
>>
I couldn't squat / leg press when I started lifting because of a herniated disk.

My lowbar squat is 3x5 for 185lbs. My front squat is 3x8 for ~165lbs. I can conventional deadlift 1x5 3plates, RDL pyramid up to 1x8 3.5plates, bench 5x5 185.

Any advice to catch squats back up? I'm preferring front squats to avoid low back stress. Should I continue plugging away with PPL or can I add in extra leg work to try and play catch up? Thank you bros
>>
>>35782173
Do not crash diet or you increase your chances of having loose skin.

Lose the weight at a max of 2 lbs / week unless you are severely obese, then you can allow for more weight loss. Some people put cocoa butter / lotion / mederma(scar cream) on their bellies to reduce chances of stretch marks showing but not worth the effort imo
>>
>>35782135
Do your shoulders round forward when you stand up straight?

Try standing up straight with your hands at your side, and giving two thumbs up. Do your thumbs point forward like your feet, or inwards towards your dick?
>>
>>35782227
They point inwards very slightly, but they're almost straight forwards like my feet
>>
>>35782227
not the anon you are talking to but just wondering what should i do in case mine point more towards my groin? im assuming some muscles should be strengthened? I havent been lifting for very long but would it most likely be fixed if im doing full body workouts?
>>
>>35782267
That test was for internal shoulder rotation, indicating (among other things) that your front delts are stronger than your rear delts. If you add some facepulls / rear delt flies for shoulders it will pull your shoulders up / back a bit and it may help.

Also, band pull aparts / shoulder dislocations can help stretch upper back / shoulder area.

It could be something else, but that was my experience.
>>
>>35782335
>>35782336

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
>>
>>35782206
>stratch marks
Can you actually get stretch marks from weight loss? I thought they only appear after weight gain.
>>
weight: 182 lbs

daily intake:
cal: ~1800
fat: ~75g (21%)
carb: ~135g (37.5%)
prot: ~150g (41.5%)

this is ok for cut?
>>
>>35782379

I didn't have them visible until I lost the weight (320 lbs to 200 lbs) and now they show but in the past year they've faded significantly. Went from almost pinkish/pale to beige/white.
>>
>>35782395
Yes, if your lifts go down increase protons
>>
>>35782402
fuck
>>
i've been gyming semi-seriously for 1 year now. I have lost some body fat and mainly gained basic strength. I have noticed my arm fat has dropped very quickly past one month and now it looks like i have skinny arms. How do i get big arms again?
>>
>>35782433
I really don't notice them and gf doesn't give a shit either...lost the weight and bagged me a 120 lb. gymnast... once you're with a girl that can do full splits in bed there's no going back. there's hope brah
>>
>>35782395
Your numbers are fucking weird, did I miss something?

Cals: 1800
Fats: 75g (or 675 cals) = 37.5%
Carbs: 135g (or 540 cals) = 30%
Pro: 150g (or 600 cals) = 33.3%

If you want to do a 40/40/20 it should look more like this
Pro: 180g
Carbs: 180g
Fats: 40g
>>
When people talk about 4/3/2/1 as a goal, is that 5RM or 1RM for each lift?
>>
>>35782499
1rm, 5 is more impressive though
>>
>>35782499
Are the numbers equated to deadlift/squat/bench/press?
>>
>>35782515
ye, dl/squat/bench/ohp
>>
>>35782395
fat is 9cals/g vs 4 in p/c
cut you fat in half
>>
File: unnamed1.jpg (19KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed1.jpg
19KB, 640x430px
>>35782530
Did someone say ohp?
>>
>>35782498
i used mass to calculate %'s like a fag.

>>35782498
>>35782541
>>35782411
less fats more protons, got it.
thank you for feedback
>>
Why is everyone obsessed with Push-Pull? Even some of the critique of plans like SL or SS is that there isn't a balance of push pull. What makes the push/pull training so good?
>>
>>35782637
difference is that you don't look like shit after doing a ppl
>>
Some people tell me to stretch in between sets.
Is it good or bad for you?
>>
>>35782654
Yes, I get it. PPL good, anything else. My question though was why is the method so good? Is it simply the way it trains? the intensity you can train? the recovery to allow you to hit more? etc?
>>
>>35782835
more bodybuilding accessories + higher rep ranges = sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
>>
What are some other healthy fats besides coconut oil, olive oil, avocado and peanut butter...I fucking hate avocados.
>>
>>35779254
why not just use clen?
>>
File: 71c4md2lOjL._SL1500_.jpg (175KB, 1029x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71c4md2lOjL._SL1500_.jpg
175KB, 1029x1500px
Whey vs Casein protein

which is better and why?
>>
>>35779568
You don't need to mess around with the recipe function too much, I just add foods as individual parts 99% of the time. Going on your example of toast with ham or toast with jam, I wouldn't make recipes for either, I'd just add 'toast' and 'ham' or 'jam' as needed to my food journal for the day. When you're eating food you didn't prepare, the best you can do is compare to a similar item. When I get Chinese takeout I compare portions to Panda Express, because their nutrition info is in MFP and the Ching Chong Eggu Rollu place down the street isn't. I don't think food prep method matters at all, but use your head here, a cup of steamed chopped broccoli is different than a cup of steamed chopped broccoli with two tablespoons of butter melted in.
>>
Shat out blood. Should I continue lifting?
>>
Casein keeps me full longer so I prefer it on a cut.
>>
>>35778790
is this a single or double mouthguard?
can't find it saying anything

I want a single and this one seems like it http://www.amazon.com/Venum-Predator-Mouth-Guard/dp/B00NFL44LM
>>
>>35782936
>>35783037
>>
Is there any reason i should supplement with fish oil omegas if i eat grounded flax seed daily but don't eat fish at all?
>>
>>35783004
go see a doctor as soon as possible bro
>>
>>35783004
Depends on how much.
If it was just a little bit, and it only happened once, I wouldn't worry. But it's always the best idea to go to a doctor when you have any medical questions or concerns.
I've pissed blood before, both spurts and full streams. My doctor said it's alright. Not that that is relevant.
>>
>>35782132
>http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/warmups.html
That's all well and good but that's assuming you've already performed a general warm-up and are, you know, warm.
>>
File: IMG_20150606_2241281.jpg (80KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150606_2241281.jpg
80KB, 480x726px
>>35783277
What's the point of the sticky if it's not full of useful advice.
>>
I have pretty big tights and ass, my body decides to store fat there (if only I was a girl or a trap)
Doing squats will make them bigger or the fat will eventually go away when cutting and make them look more proportional with just muscle?
I don't want to t-rex mode, my ass is already like pic related, looks gay as fuck
>>
>>35782878
all seeds and nuts, some are more nutritious when ground.
>>
File: 20160127_133219.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20160127_133219.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
How to make this not happen?

Mark says dont use gloves, i cant disapoint the rippetits
>>
File: 1452042436613.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1452042436613.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>35783140
you might want to consider changing your doctor
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>35778790
Doing candytoes linear program.
I feel that 1x6 on heavy and 1x10 on control is kinda a small volume for pull ups. (note i go straight into the pull ups, no warm ups)
Should i add more.sets or just do something like 2 sets of.warm ups?
>>
What are good healthy snacks when you have a nut allergy?
>>
>>35783424
The spurts are kinda normal and the pissing bloodpiss wasn't a sign of anything. Shit just happens sometimes.
>>35783413
>insert joke here about giving your boyfriend a handjob

There's nothing you can do, but use lotion and sand them down. Why don't you like the callouses? It shows that you lift wheyts.
>>
What do you guys do to make sure you get enough vitamins and minerals? Counting them together with calories and macros seems like a little too much work?
>>
Why does my breath stink of acetone? Too much water?
>>
I'm doing CoolCicada's PPL and on the chest day I wanted to switch Incline bench to Decline bench. Good idea, bad idea?
>>
>>35783413
stop lifting
>>
>>35783515
DIABETES
>>
>>35778790
I just finished week 2 of couch to 5k and I'm seeing super fast improvement. While my cardio was shit at the start I'm relatively strong for my lack of exercise @21 y/o.

When will it be okay for me to start running 5 days+ a week without injuring myself/hurting progression? Is it okay for me to start doing that now?
>>
>>35783547
O-or I could eat a bit more carbs?
>>
>>35783469
idk the answer but add some more benching or you'll see no chest gains from manlets program
>>
>>35783575
If you already know the answer, why the fuck do you ask. Get out.
>>
>>35783594
I actually was wondering because I can't imagine being in ketos. I mean yeah I eat a banana once every 3 days and like almost no carbs (rice) but before when I was doing keto I had to go hard on fats. Now I just eat eggs, chicken and broccoli mostly.
Was wondering what else It could actually be.
>>
>>35783513
Most people take a multi and hope that it works.
Other just eat dark green and colorful veggies, hoping they get all of the good stuff.
There are some desktop websites and programs you can use to make sure you get enough of your micro nutes, but for the most part, people won't be deficent in X nute even if they don't consume all of it that they should.

I'd say to not worry about it unless you have any legit dietary or health concerns. Multi's are pretty much useless and just make your piss more yellow, if you're a healthy-ish adult who eats vegetables.
Cereals may be considered junk, but a single serving of some is pretty much a multivitamin supplement.
>>
>>35783642
I like my multi because it has 1500ug of Lutein in it and I swear after I started taking it my eyes are less tired after work.
I do piss yellow tho.
>>
>>35783570
How many days a week are your running now?

Jumping to 5x a week may or may not work for you. Depends on duration, intensity, etc. When in doubt, it's better to progressively work upwards than to jump in headfirst.

>>35783528
Different movements for different emphases. Flat and decline are more interchangeable than incline and decline.

>>35783499
Anything that doesn't contain nuts.

>>35783393
They'll likely look more proportional as you lose fat and gain upper body mass. No need to worry about t Rex mode yet.

>>35783054
ALA to EFA conversion in humans is very inefficient (~5% IIRC). That alone makes flaxseed oil a poor substitute for fish oil.

>>35782701
Unnecessary. Usually best to stick with a dynamic warmup before your workout and static stretching as you "cool down."

>>35782450
By adding LBM. Welcome to the cycle of bulking and cutting.

>>35782188
Depends on what your volume already is for your leg day. Adding more accessories may help you progress, or it might hinder it.

>>35782121
Do your own shopping, expect to be ridiculed for it. It kind of comes with the territory when living around people like that.

>>35781519
Some sort of shearing/valgus maybe. Check in with a doctor.

>>35781833
Is it closer to your quad or your psoas?

>>35781390
It varies quite a bit. Exercise and NEAT can differ calorie requirements between similar sized people by hundreds of calories.

>>35781115
1300 is difficult if you've never done a steep deficit before. That's entering PSMF territory for most folks.

>>35780360
You can always do a well balanced split instead if that seems more up your alley. Anything will get you progress faster than a brosplit.

>>35779969
Really hard to say if you're using correct form or not by description alone. If you're worried, post a form check to /plg/ or in here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3kO5gg2HyQ&ab_channel=NinjaTylerMUSCLEGOD

How do I do this fit?
>>
when im fucking a girl, am I fucked if I cum twice in the condom senpai
>>
>>35783038
>>35783038
>>35783038
>>35783038
>>35783038
pls....
>>
>>35778790
I am running Madcow 5x5. Will I gain a good amount of mass running this program? I know it is strength based, but there is quite a bit of upper body volume.
>>
>>35784115
Looks like a single to me.

>>35784121
Define "good amount of mass." Some people grow just fine on 5x5, others need accessories for additional volume. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>35784162
a noticeable amount of mass. I dont care for being huge, but I would like to look like I lift
>>
Posted this before but only got one reply.

My stomach inexplicably ballooned a few days ago, around 5 weeks into my bulk. Before that, its default position was quite 'flat'. It's now round. Any ways I can remedy this or minimise the amount of fat in that area?

Can't really cut because I don't have much to cut into atm.
>>
>get swole
>get tinder
>get matches

How do conversations usually go on tinder? How do you open etc? I'm new to this and I know this is the wrong place to ask but I figure alot of you are experienced with tinder
>>
File: 1452761182001.png (100KB, 442x205px) Image search: [Google]
1452761182001.png
100KB, 442x205px
>>35784365
Jesus christ

>Hi, I'm anon
>small talk about similar interests, upcoming events in your area, etc
>Let me get your number
>Meet, fuck/date/hold hands whatever
>>
I have the flu.
How do I protect my gains?
I'm cutting if that matters
>>
>>35784330
Keep bulking mate, its a good sign to get a little fat; means you're eating enough calories and ergo will be stacking on the muscle as well.

Once you've got gains you can cut and you'll look sickening.
>>
File: wewight.png (74KB, 730x464px) Image search: [Google]
wewight.png
74KB, 730x464px
I've been on a 700kcal deficit for almost a month. Lost 4.5kg so far.

I've alterady reajusted my diet to my new weight, but i havent lost any weight in the last 6 days.
Is this normal?
>>
>>35784365
I'm not a tinder-champ but I've gotten laid there a couple times.
I start out with hey or similar and figure out something to say based on their pics. One girl had an old guy in a pic and I made a joke about that. Plan B is just compliments and asking random stuff about them. It helps a lot of they are into your pics, if they are, they really don't care what you say.
I think a lot of people use tinder for a pasttime. So it can pay off to be direct, set up a date within a couple days or things can stall. Message a few times a day maybe, not all the time.
If you want casual sex, maybe post skin pics. If you want more, don't post skin pics.
>>
>>35784421
Going a week or so without significant scale change isn't out of the ordinary.

If you're cutting on 1300 calories, I'd highly suggest bumping your protein higher.

>>35784407
Move to maintenance calories until you recover.

>>35784330
Post a pic. Could be bloat, could be your imagination, etc.

>>35784305
Pretty sure you'll look like you lift. Give it a try for a few months and see how it works for you.
>>
Lateral raises!!
How lateral compared to forward? Most people I see do about 20 degrees forward.
How high? I try to go just above horizontal.
I've been told to pronate my hands slightly at the top. Supposedly this targets the lateral part of deltoids and less anterior part. Can anyone back this up?
Slow with low weight or fast with high weight (using movement speed to push the weight up)
>>
How do I fix my posture /fit/? I think it's fucked up due to me sitting like a hunchback at my pc all day.
>>
>>35784514
Pull ups, deadlifts, rows
>>
>>35784514
>>35784531
I feel like deadlifts don't do much for upper spinal muscles. I also do back crunches on the floor and make sure to get my neck into the motion. This helped me get rid of upper back pain
>>
>>35784514
External rotations, pull ups, rowing, facepulls and close grip pushups. Rear delt work as well, like rear delt flies.
>>
I lift 3x/week and run 3x/week, but I also work as a mover occasionally.

Does carrying heavy shit down 3 flights of stairs for 8 hours count as lifting or cardio?
>>
>>35784548
Forgot to mention overhead shrugs.
Potentially behind the neck press as well, but you've got to be careful.
>>
How is myprotein's impact blend?
I see people like the isolate a lot, but haven't heard much on this

According to the site it's a mix of concentrate and isolate, 15g of protein per 20g serving makes it pretty on par with gold standard ON
>>
File: IMG_20160127_202422.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160127_202422.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>35784497
>Post a pic. Could be bloat, could be your imagination, etc

This is the best I could do, my mirror is fucked so can't really take a sideview pic although I'll try if this isn't conclusive or whatever.
>>
>>35784436
thanks
>>
File: sketch-1453926673004.jpg (315KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1453926673004.jpg
315KB, 1080x1920px
Help me fit
Been having pain shocks where red lines are
Usually when doing bench and dips
Tríceps hurt and goes up to my shoulder and inner forearm
How do I fix this
>>
File: busenitz.jpg (287KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
busenitz.jpg
287KB, 1280x853px
I'm doing a PPL routine. Should I do diddly lifts on pull day or leg day?

Also should I start taking off my shoes when I squat or is that a meme? I lift in pic related.
>>
>>35783357
It is in fact full of useful advice.
>>
What multivitamin brand should I order? There seem to be a lot of scams in this field. Diet is generally eggs + piece of fruit for breakfast, meat + veggies for lunch/dinner, mixed nuts for a snack.
>>
Today was shoulder and back day, during the workouts I had a "funny" feeling in this area, tho no pain.

Last exercise was bent over delt raises and this area made "clicking" sounds like fingerknuckles you press on.

After the shower that area feels somewhat sore, like no pain, but pretty sore and compared to the left shoulder I cant move it as far back/front/up/down.

Did I fuck something up majorly ? Should I skip working out the shoulder for a week or two ?

First time I had something like this in 5months working out now.
Today I did: OHP, BB Rows, Arnold Press, Sideraises, BentoverDeltRaises
>>
>>35784024
>>35783570 here, currently running MWF.
>>
How do I git gud at gripping strength? I can barely deadlift 1p8 10x5 without feeling like I'm about to drop my shit.
>>
File: Shoulder.png (202KB, 296x597px) Image search: [Google]
Shoulder.png
202KB, 296x597px
>>35784780
forgot picture sorry senpais
>>
>>35784790
>1pl8 10x5

U wot m8

>>35784794
Probably an impingement of some sort. When in doubt, take it easy.

>>35784784
Try moving to 5x/week while lowering the duration and/or intensity to compensate for the increased frequency. You can always work back up to longer or more intense sessions again.

>>35784771
Any general multivitamin works fine. Consider a low iron variant if you're a guy, you probably get plenty from your diet.

>>35784706
Deadlifts are hard to program into a split since they're such a taxing lift. I generally recommend putting them on leg day, making them the first lift of that day, and running the split LPP instead of PPL.

Buy a cheap pair of flat soled shoes like Vans or Chucks. You don't need to go barefoot.

>>35784704
Tendonitis. Rest up.

>>35784621
Your bodyfat is relatively high, that's why.

>>35784576
Sounds about the same ballpark as other brand whey concentrates.

>>35784555
Yes.

>>35784514
I had pretty bad forward head posture starting out. It takes time to fix.

Stretch and strengthen your back muscles. Muscular kyphosis/forward head posture is caused by imbalances of tight and weak muscles.

Try to work on consciously maintaining proper posture, both seated and standing.

There's plenty of tutorials online about dealing with forward head posture. Try some of the stretches and exercises they describe.
>>
What is easiest way to get protein in me and if chicken, what kind?
>>
>>35784995
>Your bodyfat is relatively high, that's why

Right, but is there any way to flatten my stomach through diet or exercise whilst still bulking? Also, what do you estimate my bf% to be?
>>
>>35785092
No.

Your bodyfat is somewhere in the twenties.
>>
Is it okay to eat canned fish ?
>>
>>35779254
Holy fuck dat backside
>>
>>35785240
Yes but watch for heavy metals like mercury like with any fish.
If you are going to eat fish, which you should, eat fatty or predatory fish in moderation, like once or twice a week and not large amounts.
Mercury stores in fatty tissues, so fat fish like salmon store more. Also predators like salmon and tuna take up the mercury from smaller fish. Also there are plastics used to line the inner surface of canned foods and lids on foods in glass. These plastics are suspected of being bad for you.
Eat unprocessed food if you can.
so...
Yes, in moderation.
>>
File: deg.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
deg.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
Doing 5x5 and I failed at just about all of my lifts today so I have a question about linear progression.

For my OHP, I got my first two lifts in properly but I only managed 3-2-2 with decreased weight on the last one. My thought is that for my next session I should lower the weight from the start and work that for a couple sessions before going up again.

For my deadlift I got in all 5 reps but on the last two my upper back was doing the scared cat shit. I'm thinking I should just stick with that weight and get it down with proper form before adding more.

Would these be the correct solutions?
>>
>>35784995
>1pl8 10x5=1pl8 for 5 sets of 10 reps.
So how do I get better at grip strength?
It's my forearms that fail me, not the back...
>>
>>35785329
If not canned is sticking to like cod fillets that aren't breaded ok?
>>
>>35785332
That sounds like a good plan to me. Form comes before weight. And obviously with your OHP - if you can't lift your weight, don't add more. Maybe even pull back a little for a week and retry that tough weight.
>>
>>35784024
Thank you
>>
>>35785346
Cod is an awesome fish, it has one of the highest protein/calorie ratios of any foods. Also, it makes you tired after eating a lot of it, scientists speculate it is due to being rich in serotonin, a neurotransmitter. So it's food and drugs in one.
Best if you boil it in just enough water to cover it. This means you don't add fat and you don't lose too many nutrients to the water.
Cod is a predatory fish, so again - in moderation. You can eat it more than you would salmon though like 2-3-4 times a week.
Also cod quality varies a lot with the season.

you can't eat any one food. Varied is best.

If you are really into eating fish, get fish farmed inland. Inland farms can control the environment including heavy metals. The taste is not nearly as good though.
>>
How many bulks is acceptable before reaching 1/2/3/4?

My current for reps:

Squat: 250lbs
Bench: 170lbs
OHP: 120lbs
Deadlift: at least 315lbs (haven't done in two weeks)

I'm getting a bit fat at 175lbs 5'8" and was wondering if I cut now if I'd look like I lift
>>
>>35785431
I'm only used to eating chicken and sometimes turkey and recently been trying eggs and that skyr yoghurt with like 15g protein for 150g with barely any fat or carb. Only fish I have tried is cod fishcakes or cod fillets although they both had the breadcrumbs on so was full of carbs and fat.

Just trying to have different types of protein sources just unsure.
>>
>>35785345
I'm saying 50 reps of deadlifts is ridiculous.

For grip strength, things like towel hangs, static holds, and farmer walks can help, but in your case I'd say just start deadlifting heavier.

>>35785527
I prefer using bodyfat percentage limits to determine when to bulk and cut rather than strength metrics.

Keep in mind 1/2/3/4 is an arbitrary goal and depending on your starting stats and how aggressively you bulk, the time it takes to reach it is going to vary quite a bit from person to person.

>>35785032
Chicken in general is good. Chicken breast is the go to on a diet for many people for its relatively high protein:calorie ratio.

Whey, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. are all solid choices.
>>
>>35785527
Seems decent
Just cut if you're past 15% and get back to it
>>
>>35785582
Cheers for the advice.
>>
File: 1451418251059.png (44KB, 768x783px) Image search: [Google]
1451418251059.png
44KB, 768x783px
How's my routine? Do a 4 day cycle that I continously repeat in the order below. One or 2 rest days a month. Also superset the logical things to superset. Once I plateau, I'll do a random routine I find on here (pic related), or bb.com for a month. Current stats are:

>6'2. 190lbs. 25 years old.
>Bench: 225. Squat: 185. DL: 225. (Have a bulged lumbar disc, be nice).

Chest:
Flat Bench or dumbell bench: 4x8
Decline bench: 4x8
Dips: 4xfailure
Incline dumbell press: 4x8
Lower cable flies: 4x8
Butterfly machine: 4x8 drop sets.

Back/shoulders:
Deadlift: 4x8
Pullups: 4xfailure
OHP: 4x8
Lat pulldown: 4x8
Cable/barbell rows: 4x8
Arnold press: 4x8
Lat raises: 4x10

Arms:
Standing curls: 4x8
Dumbell triceps extension: 4x8
EZ-Barbell curls: 4x8
Triceps rope extension: 4x8
21's: 4 sets
Skull crushers: 4x8

Legs:
Squats: 4x8
LEG press: 4x8
Hamstring curls: 4x8
Extensions: 4x8
Lunges: 4x40
Calf raises: 4x25
>>
>>35785535
Vegetable sources: lentils, chick peas, beans, nuts and much more. Lentils are a good carb too because it releases sugar slowly for stable blood sugar. Make your own humus with chick peas or beanpastes if you find it bland.

Fish are great, any kind in moderation. Low fat fish (white fish) and small fish like herrings, sardines, anchovies etc are better in terms of low heavy metal concentrations.

And yeah meats are great, but also not great in large amounts in terms of healh. Especially fried meats and dark meats should be eaten in moderation.

Dairy is also not good in large amounts. This is very disputed, though. If you want to be super-safe, don't take in more than 300mL of milk or equivalent per day. Soured low fat products like skyr, yoghurt, buttermilk, cottage cheese supposedly are less risky.

If you just want to be lean and athletic, eat low calorie high protein foods and don't worry about the rest to make it simple. But you already got that.

Personally, I prefer some dairy and a lot of vegetable protein and fish and other meats every other day or so. Eggs too, about 1/day if you eat the yolk.
>>
File: 1426454476583.jpg (176KB, 1638x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1426454476583.jpg
176KB, 1638x1232px
Is 1/2/3/4 referring to 1rm?

Love you guys.
>>
>>35785679
Is there a preferred way to eat the egg or is it up to each person?
>>
>>35785692
Yes
>>
>>35785692
How could it be? Are you going to do four 1rep maxes?
>>
>>35785679
>Dairy is also not good in large amounts
Why? IIFYM
>>
>>35785707
Whatever you like pretty much. Don't eat it raw if there is a risk of food-bourne disease like salmonella or campylobacter. If you add fat while cooking, obviously there will be more calories in it.

Eggs are great for mixing in a lot of other foods. I don't know how much you know about cooking.

Whenever frying, use oils rather than butter and margerine. Optimally, you'd not cook the stuff that's safe to eat raw and steam the other stuff. But realistically, that's not going to happen.
>>
>>35785761
Meant in terms of general health, not muscle gain.
>>
>>35785692
>>35782513
>>35782499
nvm, answered here.
>>
>>35778790
I've been gone a while, are we still calling SS a troll that greats giant legs and no upper body?
>>
Is eating to maintenance calories once a week a good option? As an alternative to cheat days/meals.
>>
>>35785897
Better to get your nutrients spread out, there is a decrease in absorption if you binge and decrease in performance when you starve
>>
Which chucks/converse are best for lifting?
>>
So I am a beginner and I measured my body fat properly with calipers today and I am 19%bf at 6'2" 176lbs

My ambitions are short term (to stop having such an average body before I finish uni) I wanted to get down to visible abs and put on a fair bit of mass but at 19% surely I am going to need to do a serious cut which would destroy any muscle I can gain in such a short period of time?

tl;dr
>19%bf average build beginner
>what is my best course of action to improve as much as possible in 4 months
>>
Is the rowing machine the GOAT cardio equipment? Just tried it seriously for the first time after a few months and it's fucking exhausting compared to jogging or cycling.
>>
realistically, how quickly could i cut down from 20% bf to 10-12% bf? im not really concerned about losing muscle i just want to look aesthetic on a slow bulk
>>
So I hate training calves. I got to a university with a very hilly campus, and I have to walk at least 2 miles a day. Can I skip calves if I always feel a strong burn in my calves just from walking around?
>>
Ending bulk, gained 13lbs over 6 months. Still have my upper abs when flexing, but have some fat on lower abs.

Maintained for a month, now starting cut.

How much should I cut, 6lbs?
>>
What is a solid, relatively short core workout?
I'm not saying I want to exercise for abs, I am looking for a core workout I can do a couple times a week to strength my midsection to assist in my other lifts. Something that targets the entire core in a few exercises. Any suggestions on sets/reps?
>>
Iv'e been seeing people walk around with gallon of water jugs. Always thought it looked like it was too much but does it do anything? Should I be drinking a gallon everyday? Especially since I started going to the gym.
>>
>>35786907
Yes.

Water is good for a lot of systems in the body, things like kidney and liver function. Its also good for your skin. Additionally since a large portion of your body (and muscles) are made of water, being well hydrated during a workout will help with some of the intensity and fatigue.

Additionally on a diet front, if your drinking a gallon of water a day, it is less likely your chugging soda after soda after soda or juice, etc. It essentially keeps you from drinking to many calories if your drinking it throughout the day.

By constantly drinking it will also reduce hunger pains and cues from your body, and your more likely to stick with your nutrition plan if your drinking water as it will keep you more full.

Finally, keep in mind the gallon a day thing will vary a bit between individuals and activity levels, but its a good starting point.
>>
>>35783413
Why would you want to make it not happen? You want soft pussy hands?

My palms are like leather and it's fucking great. Stop being a bitch.
>>
>>35786874
McGill curl ups
Planks, try to extend by 1s every day you do them
>>
>>35787007
thanks a ton man. I never drink sugared drinks. but i've noticed iv'e relied on diet coke too much with my meals and should stop. I kinda have to force myself to drink water now to get back in it
>>
Do I even need fruit to stay healthy? I feel like everything fruit provides, veggies do better.
>>
>>35787185
no, vegetables are better in every regard except maybe hipster shit like anti-oxidants found in berries
>>
File: 1446970886856.jpg (68KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446970886856.jpg
68KB, 720x480px
anyone have that motivation picture of chris chan and arnold side by side?

i think it says where will you be at 26
>>
What are some small, cheap snacks I could make or buy to have during the day as a uni student? Being able to take on the go would be a plus but snacking at the dorm is fine too. I've never been one for snacking before but my workload and schedule don't reliably permit time for regular meals from 9-5.

The only thing I usually have around is either a 2lb tub of Greek yogurt or my protein shake.
>>
Gym forbids cleans. Dunno why.

How do I do SS now?
>>
Quick question, about how long do you take before you go to the doc about possible injuries? My lower back still hurts a little from deadlifts a week ago.
>>
File: 1447235370635.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1447235370635.gif
4MB, 320x180px
What's the best exercise to improve cardiovascular health?
>>
I think I have low test but not sure. If I were to get prescribed test, would it at all contribute to reduction of gyno and wide hips or has any hope of that being fixed disappeared?
>>
Wide or medium-grip pullups for V-taper?
>>
>>35787859
Stronglifts has you do Pendlay Rows instead of cleans.
>>
I usually start with incline before flat, and end up pushing more weight for incline. Is this bad for optimal chest development?
>>
How accurate is MyFitnessPal's calorie goal estimate? I'm 5'11.6" and 145lb. I've been cutting for a month on 1500 cals and I'm now beginning a lean bulk. According to MyFitnessPal, at my height age and weight with a sedentary lifestyle to maintain I should eat 2100 cals/day. After adding in cardio and lifting its 2590
So I add 300 cals (for lean bulk) and I'm at 2900 cals
This seems like a shit load of food to me. Does that sound accurate to you guys? Basically eating double what I was before
>>
File: gosling_cokes.jpg (124KB, 460x578px) Image search: [Google]
gosling_cokes.jpg
124KB, 460x578px
I'm trying to eat 1600cals a day but I don't know what foods I can eat(I want variety) that aren't just chicken and apples.
Any ideas?
>>
>>35778790
I'm doing Texas Method at the moment and am to begin training for fighting concurrently - are there any modifications I ought to make to the program? Is there a different program I should use? The combination of the two seems like it would be especially grueling.
>>
I had ACL surgery a few years ago. My doctor told me I'll never achieve 100% flexion in my left leg so I just squat to parallel in fear of snapping serious shit. Anyone else have an ACL tear? I know doctors tell people not to do certain things to cover their own asses but I fear messing up my knee again because the pain I had during rehab was enough to never injure my knee ever again. Anyone had an ACL tear before and if you did, are you squatting past parallel?
>>
How save would it be to lose 20 pounds in 30 days?
I want to see if it's actually possible, I figured I could do 4 hours or cardio a day and eat right.
>>
>>35788162
Suck it up.
>>
What are some exercises to get big lats?

Rows?
>>
Why do i never feel the hamstrings during RDLs? (or DLs for that matter) I know that not feeling a muscle doesn't necessarily imply that said muscle isn't working, but still.

I feel it mostly on my lower back or glutes. I make sure that i have a good arch in the lower back and in case of RDLs pushing my hips back yet still feel nothing, is this normal?
>>
>>35788854
I lost 20 pounds in one month keeping calories below 1k doing IF. At one point I got so into it, just to see how long I could go without eating, I lost 1 pound by not eating for 36 hours. My lefts plummeted, of course. I should also mention I took yohimbine HCL, about 1/3 of the recommended intake. Even with lifing and minimal caloric intake and a daily vitamin, I lost more muscle than fat.
>>
>>35788873
Heavy deadlifts
>>
>>35788921
>I lost 1 pound by not eating for 36 hours.
I don't plan on not eating, just going to burn a lot of calories for a month
>>
>>35788949
What I'm trying to say is that losing 20 pounds in 30 days is nearly impossible if you were to adhere to only slightly below your TDEE. The amount of cardio, lifting, or any activity you intend to do to burn these calories will discourage you after only a few days, I guarantee that.

Unless your goal is to just lose WEIGHT and muscle is not part of that weight, then it's still impossible without starving yourself then overworking yourself. In that case, you'll face overtraining which I guarantee will discourage you from your routine. 1-2 pounds A WEEK is the considered safest and most advisable.
>>
File: 1424595089540.png (72KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
1424595089540.png
72KB, 255x209px
>>35786509
rowing machine is second but stair stepper is first, if you want real cardio then do high volume sprinting, or do 8 count body builders, both of which are bretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQT-wZdP28
>>
Hey guys, I'm a submission wrestler and thai boxer who gets access to weight lifting again for the first time in 6 months. I've been out for a while but before I was using this modified version of SS (below). My question is would be good to jump back into it or should I ease into, IE traditional SS for 2 weeks then add in dips and chin ups then after a week or two making sure I feel fine add in Pendlay rows?

Workout 1
Squats = 3 x 5
Bench = 3 x 5
Deadlift = 1 x 5
Dips = 3 sets
Pendlay rows = 3 x 5

Workout 2
Squats = 3 x 5
Overhead press = 3 x 5
Power clean = 3 x 5
Pullups = 3 sets
>>
How do I build my lungs?

I've realized that the number one thing holding back my lifts is my bitch-ass lungs don't get enough air to support my muscles. I can't get above 2.5pl8 deadlift because of it.

Would jogging and cardio help?
>>
>>35788162
Depends on what your macros are...but
-Turkey (No not deli meat), 314kcal per 200g
-Cod 189kcal, per 1 fillet
-Halibut 176kcal, per 1/2 fillet
-Salmon 255kcal, per 1 fillet
-Lamb 310kcal, per 4oz
-Venison 159kcal, per 3oz
-Mushrooms 16kcal, per cup

Seeds for snacks and on the go
-Pumpkin, 126kcal per 1oz
>>
>>35789290
>I've realized that the number one thing holding back my lifts is my bitch-ass lungs don't get enough air to support my muscles.

What? How do you breathe when you're doing a set? A rep?
>>
If I want to alternate definition (mid weight, high rep) and bulking (high weight low rep) what's the best interval for it, if I should even do it at all? I've been alternating every week, but I don't know if that's best.
>>
File: Screenshot (993).jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (993).jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
Is HHH natty?
>>
Help me brehs. I've gained 30 lbs since I started lifting (120-150lb) but despite that I still feel scrawny and awkward. How do I shake this feeling?
>>
>>35789403
Uh, exhale when lifting and inhaling when resetting? I breathe normally, I just feel like I could easily pump out more reps if I could suck in some more air
>>
I have a friend who is 160cm and weighs 55kg more or less, is it OK for her to drop to 50? She says she has "too much belly" but I am not sure if its okay to drop lower
>>
File: back.jpg (68KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
68KB, 747x1328px
r8 my back

It's probably my best muscle group (lifting for like 6 months, was skelly before)

How can i improve it? Any muscles I should focus more on?
>>
>>35789433
>those pecs
>those traps
>that gut
probably not
>>
Can I add upright rows and lateral raises to SL5x5 to make my delts grow. They are seriously lagging behind everything else. Also would I add them to the day on which I do the press?
>>
>>35789554
I've been wanting to ask, are traps and shoulders a giveaway? How does one know if someone is frauding?
>>
>>35789580
i don't think it can be a dead giveaway. my traps were fairly noticeable before i ever started roiding
>>
>>35789580
They can be, but keep in mind people have different genetics, many people have naturally big delts/traps

But the reason they're often used to detect whether or not someone is juicing is because those two muscles have many androgen receptors, which are the nuclear receptors that receive testosterone. This means that if you roid, your traps and delts will blow up.

But remember, not a dead giveaway, don't be that guy that calls roids on anyone with big delts/traps
>>
How long would it take to go from being barely able to forward kick past my hips to almost kicking myself in the face? I just wanna bend down and hug my legs :(
>>
>>35789705
you wanna suck your own cock dont you
>>
>>35789705
What I know is that that happens because your butt muscles and shit are being constantly applied pressure by sitting
stop sitting
>>
>>35789618
>>35789634
ok, thanks anons
>>
>>35789433
man he's old. too old for wrestling.
>>
How important are rows? My PPL alternates between rows and deadlifts but I wanna DL twice a week
>>
Is it possible to put a home gym together for 300 bucks? If not how much should I be saving up?
>>
>>35788868
The guy is asking for some variety in his meals.
>Suck it up.
What kind of response is this?
>>
>>35778790
sup /fit/, recently started to do deadlifts. Where are they supposed to "hurt"? The area I feel the most during the exercise is probably the lower back.
>>
I've started training my girlfriend's little brother in lifting because he wanted to build some muscle so I had him learn dead lifting, benching and squats.
For some reason, he can't get up from a squat without getting on the balls of his feet. Is it a flexibility thing or is it a mind thing?
A friend of mine suggested putting plates under his toes so that his heels stay planted and that its mostly a mind thing. Is that viable?
>>
>>35791049
Lower back usually ends up aching but if you're feeling more pain than you think you should, check your form and make sure you're not doing too many with more weight than you can handle
>>
>>35791062
it doesn't hurt that I feel like I shouldn't continue with my exercise. I only recently started with DL at 70kg and I think I'll stay there for 2-3 weeks until my lower back catched up.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>35791032
It depends on what sorts of deals you can find on Craigslist, online stores, etc. Things like plates and benches can be relatively cheap, but you don't want to skimp on things like a quality barbell.

The cheaper your budget, the longer you can expect to keep hunting for sales.

>>35790610
They aren't 1:1 exercises. What sort of setup are you running?

>>35789563
Adding in a couple sets should be okay. You can try them on either day and see where they fit in better for you.

>>35789482
Depends on her current bodyfat percentage.

>>35789446
You never do. Welcome to /fit/.

>>35789423
That's not the difference between definition and bulking.

>>35791051
Might be form, flexibility, balance, or all of the above. Get him to start stretching and practicing the form on his own time. Even going through the motions with a broomstick can help.
>>
>2300 kcals maintenance
How much should I eat on gymdays? How much on restdays? Should I stay on maintenance on a restday or eat more kalories?
>>
File: ShinjiThankYouAll.gif (467KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
ShinjiThankYouAll.gif
467KB, 500x341px
Done with SL 5x5

What do I cut on? A PPL?
>>
How do you guys doing PPLx2 manage to make strength gains doing OHP and bench on same day? I alternate which I start workout with but I find that if I start with bench my OHP will struggle and vice versa when I start with OHP. What do?
>>
How hard do people e-stat on here (or how pleb are regular gym goers)?

My stats are shit by /fit/ standards. 110kg pr squat, 70kg pr bench at 80kg bodyweight, but:
>Worked in with some guy squatting a few days back
>Resign to doing 3x5 100kg with absolutely clean form so I don't look like I'm ego lifting
>They're both impressed and try to do 100kg when I've done my first set
>They assist each other but crank out one set at 100kg, then immediately leave because they can't do more
>I didn't break a sweat

>Talking to a guy at work about the gym
>He's chad as FUCK, looks like he lifts etc.
>Tell him my squat and bench weight
>He's impressed and says I outlift him

I know these are intermediate lifts, but is the regular gym goer that pleb or are my lifts "getting there" and people here just e-stat heavily?
(thanks for reading my blog post)
>>
>>35791301

Your lifts are pretty shit but the real reason is programming, ask the average chad what their routine is and you'll likely find they're squatting once a week with high volume. When you squat once a week and do 4x10 then you aren't going to progress in strength that much. If you do 3x5 three times a week with linear progression then it's easy as fuck to get to 110kg familia.

I told my 16 year old cousin to do SS, he started with 40kg squats and within 18 months he was doing 3x5 160kg @ 70kg bw. If he had done some 6 day split he wouldnt be squatting anywhere near that.
>>
>>35779254
>that obviously fake ass
>at that disgustingly low bf%

i just puked a lil
>>
>>35778790
who the fuck named those compounds? because those systemic names are 100% not correct to IUPAC conventions.
>>
How do I push through the legs when doing a bench press?

How should I be doing the squeezing/activation of my muscles on the lift part of a romanian deadlift?

substitutes for cable crunches, planks, and machine hyperextensions?
>>
what are things you have to check off to progress into a ripped bodybuilder?
In the sense , assume , you start from scratch , 150 lbs skinnyfat. What do you do , after a year of strength training ?
>>
>>35791622
Americans

>>35792123
Leg drave is overrated for bench imo. Still, pushing down with your legs will create further tension in your torso and stabilize your lift. For SLDL you should feel for tension in your hamstring when lowering and raising the bar, especially lowering.

>>35792378
For a "bodybuilder" specifically? Nothing unless you do roids I suppose. On the other hand a common /fit/ goal is hitting 1/2/3/4 in the big 4 lifts and you should be able to achieve this somewhat well before an year if you are not extremely short or something.
>>
>>35792989
sorry for the late response. I mean , do you immediately bulk? Do you do more hypertrophy period , or hypertrophy with strength ? I guess what im asking is what are the stages in the broadest sense, that everyone has to go through to get ripped
>>
can tuna be a good (temporary) replacement to chicken?
>>
>>35791622
first ones right. second should be pentylamine.
>>
>>35784421
What is that ?
>>
Why does gaining muscle help with attraction, and why are grills attracted to ottermode.
>>
I'm on GSLP and I have a question.
Last workout I did 80 kg 3x5 squat but failed at the third rep of the second set. Today I tried same weight again and failed at fifth rep of second set. Should I deload or try 80 again next time?
>>
Is carb cycling effective? Or is it a waste of time
>>
>>35778790
Is caffeine good for your workout? It drops your glucose levels :/
>>
File: 61kkCFw6biL._SY355_[1].jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61kkCFw6biL._SY355_[1].jpg
17KB, 355x355px
>>35783413
get pick related
use under flowing water
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.