[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just about to buy some 16oz gloves for my heavy bag but then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-01-20-04-37-12.png (384KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-20-04-37-12.png
384KB, 720x1280px
Just about to buy some 16oz gloves for my heavy bag but then my roommate told me that I needed light gloves for the bag or I would destroy my hands. I'm confused isn't the bigger the gloves the better the padding and the workout?
>>
You need lighter gloves for bag work (10-14oz) and heavier (16oz-18oz) for sparring to protect your Partner. You could do bag work with heavier gloves to build strenght, but in the end you're tire your arms out more than anything
>>
He's right, look up "bag gloves" as they are lighter. 16oz gloves are for punching faces.
>>
>>35690716
>buying le super cool edgy venum gloves
invest in some actual boxing gloves lad and not mma bullshit
>>
heavy bag isn't made to punch hard anyway, unless you want to injury your hands

all about movement and punching technique
>>
Everyone in this thread doesn't know what they're talking about. 16 oz gloves are fine for a heavy bag, and help for a bit of strength since they're heavier
>>
>>35690753
Fuck your 80 dollar twins fuckface
>>
>>35690834
I don't think anyone on this board does anything that would loosen them up or make then flexible.
>>
>>35690716
They are heavier but there is no reason why you can't hit a bag with them. Just concentrate on technique and ‘snapping‘ your punches rather than trying to destroy the bag.
>>
>>35690739
gloves make boxing more dangerous anon.

>>35690716
Don't buy gloves train bare knuckle.
>>
>>35690958
Fuck that I've been doing bare knuckles for 2 months.
>>
>>35690716
>>35690739
>>35690742
we never used bag gloves in my boxing gym

if u got the money, buy both, if not just buy the heavier gloves so you can spar too
>>
>>35690958
gloves are to protect your hand, not the opponent. They let you hit harder and hit the head more often so there is more chance of brain injury etc. However there is less chance of knocking teeth out, blinding your opponent, breaking their jaw or breaking your knuckles. Also, the boxers today are better at boxing than the boxers in the bare knuckle era. On average they hit harder, faster and with more precision than they used to.
>>
Buy good 14.oz gloves so you can do both the bag work and bit of sparring.
>>
Depends on a few factors anon.
#1) DO NOT FUCKING USE SPARRING GLOVES ON THE HEAVY BAG USE BAG GLOVES
#2) Depends on your size, if you're heavy you're probably going to want to use 14-16oz on the heavy bag, unless you want to beat the shit out of your hands.
#3) Heavier gloves are used for sparring to protect your partner

Also the heavy bag is for skill work, the objective is not to throw wild hard punches at it all day.
>>
>>35690753
My Venums are actually extremely comfortable, faggot.
>>
File: 1397841228319.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397841228319.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>35691003
This. If you train 3 times a week and your bag work consist of your coach yelling "Okay faggots let's work your cardio so lightly tap the bag a thousand times a minute for 10 minutes" you should be okay with regular sparring gloves. You guys are overestimating the proportion of bag exercise
Of course if you train 6 times a week and have dedicated bag workout then investing in bag gloves might be interesting. But at that point you have a coach and he probably knows more than us.

More importantly ,take good boxing shoes. This is a way better investment than bag gloves
>>
>>35691479
>#1) DO NOT FUCKING USE SPARRING GLOVES ON THE HEAVY BAG USE BAG GLOVES

why?
fyi i use mma-gloves on the heavy gloves
>>
>>35691712
>on the heavy gloves
*bag
>>
>>35691712
So your sparring gloves last longer, you can use shitty gloves on the bag and your good ones to spar. Also bags are dirty and no one wants that shit on their face.
You probably want slightly lighter gloves for the bag than sparring so you can work on technique/form/efficiency.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.