[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

disc herniated by doing ssquats thanks /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 230px-Lagehernia.png (46KB, 230x210px) Image search: [Google]
230px-Lagehernia.png
46KB, 230x210px
disc herniated by doing ssquats
thanks /fit/
>>
jean shorts sandal man, is that you?
>>
>>35680205
no
>>
>>35680197
>fucks up his form
>blames others
>>
How did you manage to do that? Can it happen to me?
>>
File: rippetoe.png (16KB, 1293x182px) Image search: [Google]
rippetoe.png
16KB, 1293x182px
>>35680273
>>
>>35680358
Sees it once on the internet...must be fact.
>>
>>35680391
>>35680273
>>35680197
>falling for the squat meme
>>
>>35680197
welcome to the club
>>
too much weight with shit form.
so many people dont notice small dysbalances and just load up more and more weight.
I see so many guys tilting and having torsion in their spine while squats. They dont even notice until something goes to shit once they reach 3 plate.
>>
>>35680699

What is implied in shit form?
>>
>>35680699

So you're not supposed to tilt? Because in the last rep of each set I have to struggle to get that last rep, when I go back up I need extra 2 or 3 second of struggling before I go all the way up, is that bad?
>>
These tools need to use weight that they can handle and not try and show out in a gym where no one cares what they do anyway. They also need to do front squats to learn how to get depth while not leaning forward enough to suck their own cock.
>>
>>35680699
What do you mean by torsion in the spine?
>>
File: tilt.jpg (34KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
tilt.jpg
34KB, 510x340px
>>35680763
>>35680842

Hip drive is ok on the last rep, while buttwink is not. Look up olympic weightlifters, if they struggle too much they don't end the squat because its not worth the risk.

Also many people have dysbalances that they dont know about, like pic related. If you now go heavy, discs will get popped on the side they're already bulging out.
To acheive a perfect squat a lot of mobility work and streching has to be done.
>>
File: squat.jpg (41KB, 1353x527px) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
41KB, 1353x527px
>>35680890

this is from a birds perspective.
from sitting on the computer all day and holding the mouse, alot of your squats will look like this.
this will compress your discs very unevenly and also stress muscles surrounding the spine.
>>
>>35680900

Aren't you supposed to use hip drive on every rep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yha2XAc2qu8
>>
>>35680996

So how do you correct it?
>>
>>35680999

in my opinion, ripptoe is a meme. but then again i think lowbar squats are shit. watch some videos of oly lifters squats, no hipdrive.

>>35681014

i dont know any good videos in english on this, sry.
this has eng subs at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dkMblR9RM

also the next video "squat like a weightlifter"

If you have a spotter do squats with 50% and let him correct your form and then consciously do perfectly controlled squats until it gets muscle memory.
>>
>>35681126

>thinks Rip is a meme
>posts video where a guy uses physics of leverage to sell some wrist involment bullshit
>>
>>35681382

you dont get the point, do the exercises he shows you if your belly doesnt get in the way.
then go back to /plg/ fatty.
>>
>>35680521
This.
>>
>>35681659
>falling for the plg meme
if you lift for aesthetics you dont need to hit spine herniating levels of weight,

squats are still the best gh booster
>>
>>35680900
>scoliosis
>you need to stretch
structural imbalances cant be fixed like that and functional imbalances are best fixed with doing the fucking squats correctly. you can have someone watch while you squat and tell you to rotate the bar if its misaligned. this will fix things better than any fucking stretch
>>
How do I know if I herniate a disc?
>>
>>35682030

It's called screaming in your bed in agony.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.