[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making the life a little better with food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: DSC00266b.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00266b.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
Alright guys, what is the best way you know to prepare chicken breast? Looking for some tips from more experienced guys on this one. Have you found pan cooking or oven baking is the better way to go? How long do you cook it? How can you tell if it is done without a thermometer?

I made some chicken earlier and it was cooked all the way through (so it looked), but the mouth feel was all fucking wrong some how, almost as if it didn't get cooked long enough. It made me fucking gag with every other bite as I chewed. Probably had to do with me thinking that I was eating under cooked chicken.

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but I like to make burrito bowls for meals and I had already put the chicken on top of rice, beans, and guacamole. I think I'm gonna have to dump the second one I made out because I already put the chicken on it and that chicken a shit.
>>
I prefer higher heat, faster cook times and less likely to be dried out, if you're baking it.

If you're pan frying, make sure you use cast iron skillet.

Sorry, not really great tips, but good luck.
>>
>>35678372
What is higher heat to you? 425? 450? How long do you cook it at that temp?
>>
I usually bake mine but I just finished off some delicious chicken breast i beat flat, covered in eggs then flour then eggs then breadcrumbs. I put some slices of fresh mozzarella on them and baked it on a tomato sauce with beans, spices and chickpeas.

You can also stuff them. Chicken is pretty forgiving...
>>
>>35678407

425 should be high enough for about 20-25 minutes
>>
>>35678322
8 ounce breast
Glaze both sides with olive oil
Add seasoning
450 for 10 minutes
Flip it over, add a little more olive oil
Another 10 minutes
Done
>>
>>35678465
Super fucking simple and quick. I like it.
>>
I'll give you two recipes. First is lemon pepper chicken. You coat the breasts with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Preheat oven to 400 and on the stove heat a little oil. Add garlic to the pan and cook but dont brown it. Add the juice from 1/2 a large lemon and some of the zest if your a faggot. Add a little white wine and let it reduce for a little bit. pour the mixture over the breasts and cook 35-45 minutes.

next is some yogurt chicken. take garlic, yogurt, and pealed cucumber and purree it. coat chicken with mixture and sprinkle cumin, curry powder and whatever else you fucking want on it and bake at 350 for like 45-55 minutes. both are fucking cash over rice.
>>
Do you guys not cook? Seal that shit in a pan first with all your seasoning, cajun spice, paprika, salt, garlic, I don't care. High heat, in the pan, both sides until golden, slap that shit in a preheated oven at 190 Celsius, yes Celsius, deal with it. Cook it for 23/24 minutes in the oven and bish bash bosh juicy flavourful chicken breast that'll make you question how you ever got by with how you cooked it before.
>>
Crock pot is great - just make up some kind of sauce and throw in chicken breasts cut up in big chunks and you have meals for the week.

One I do is salsa, can of black beans, onion powder, cumin, and chili powder.

Another I do is olive oil, several cloves minced garlic, chopped onion, some red wine, 2 cans crushed tomato with puree, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper.

After you portion it out you can shred the chicken and dont have to worry about eating dry pieces.
>>
File: CZFXm-LVIAAQKpX[1].jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CZFXm-LVIAAQKpX[1].jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>35678322
Throw a couple chicken breasts in an oven tray, add some frozen veggies and/or chopped onions, season with a bit of soy sauce, pepper and herbs and throw in the oven at 200ÂșC (no idea how much it is in dumbfuckistan units). Cook for 10-15 minutes, flip the breasts and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Slice one of them open to see if it's completely cooked and serve. Pic related, just did it today.
>>
>>35678679
This. Really easy to toss in enough chicken for a week into the crock pot, add a jar of salsa and slow cook it for 6-8 hours. You can get away with just that if you're too lazy to add anything else. I've also done just chicken breast with a bottle of Franks Red Hot. Shredd the chicken and cook another half hour and you're good to go.
>>
>>35678322
there are 999999 recipes for cooking breasts and 100% of them are bullshit, because absolutely no fucking matter what you smear you smear it with, it will always be dry and rubbery inside. there is a razor thin line between undercooked and cooked at which it is edible, but there's no way to consistently cook it that way. I've had a severe food poisoning from eating a slightly undercooked rotisserie chicken once (felt weak like a baby for two days, then chain-shitted my guts out 50 times a day for a few days, 3-4 times per hour, thankfully wasn't salmonella) so I don't fuck around with meat anymore.

>what is the best way you know to prepare chicken breast

stew or fry it, tear or slice or mince it into small pieces, add spices or sauce, then mix with whatever else you are eating. everything else, absolutely everything else is fucking bullshit because even if you cover it with unicorn semen mixed with pixie dust, you end up chewing inedible rubbery meat anyway and the coating makes fuck all any difference. every sissy faggot with their generic "sprinkle it with X, add Y and cook for Z minutes" hates it all the same (will never admit it though)
>>
>>35678322
1. Brine for 45 minutes
2. Rinse thoroughly
3. Marinate in olive oil, Lemon zest, gralic powder, oregano, fresh ground black pepper for an hour
4. Grill on direct heat to get char, them move to other side of grill. use thermometer to check if done. Google it.
5. Enjoy
>>
File: 1445221215517.png (322KB, 832x832px) Image search: [Google]
1445221215517.png
322KB, 832x832px
>>35678322
>>
>>35678322
Get a gas grill you pleb. Marinate your chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano, then grill it on med heat 5 min per side.

Also buy boneless skinless thighs, they are more forgiving and taste better.
>>
>pan frying/grilling your chicken
enjoy your cancer
>>
Using a sous vide machine is the only way to cook chicken breast and not have it turn out like absolute dog shit.

It's also the best way to cook steak, fish, and pretty much any other lean protein.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 200x257px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 200x257px
Stick it in a baking pan, add olive oil and spices, put it in the oven
git gud fgt
>>>/ck/
>>
>>35678322
I dice it up then let it sit in some dark soy sauce with a lot of cut up garlic and some pepper and a bit of honey.
Next i fry it in a pan.
Its basicly chicken teryaki tastes gud.
>>
>>35678322
take a pan put in chopped onion ->breast cubes -> frozen veggies -> salt, pepper, basil, cumin, soy sauce, cayenne p. or your favourite mix of spices -> take out meat and veggies -> deglaze pan with stock and make some kind of sauce, mustard if you want low calories or anything really. Serve with rice.
Just made 8 portions for 12 bucks
>>
>>35679844
don't fry it for too long tho or it will get dry, try to sear it at the beginning and take it out of the pan as soon as its "done".
>>
>>35679590
this

you can cook your chicken with all the spices and nonsense you want but if you want to take it to the next level, you have to brine or marinade

If you feel like fried chicken its pretty easy to lightly bread it with flour+salt+pepper+paprika+whatever else and fry some strips in a little oil
>>
>>35679590
Tried this once, it was disgusting, oversalted nothing
>>
>>35678322
SLOW COOKER. I put 8+ boneless skinless breasts in my slow cooker with chicken broth and cook. When done i drain it, shred it with a fork and pour in some hot sauce and a little bbq sauce. Pulled chicken sandwiches for days. If you dont want to eat bread its still delicious enough to eat with a fork. Mix it with white rice if you prefer.
>>
Marinate that shit.

I'm not as good as my mom at it, but she got a mix with Soy sauce, maple syrup ( brown sugar for the poor saps who don't leave in Canuckistan, don't use corn syrup imitation shit) oil and salt. 1/3rd each. Works wonder with pork too.
>>
File: 61GqQEqNP-L._SL1000_.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61GqQEqNP-L._SL1000_.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>35680010
>>35679590
>>35678322

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/06/hot-to-grill-boneless-skinless-chicken-breast.html

this nigga does all the experimentation to find the best methods.
>>
>>35680286
this guy knows what's up
>>
sou vide and then seared
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.