[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: Marijuana-and-Muscle.jpg (25KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Marijuana-and-Muscle.jpg
25KB, 240x240px
Does smoking weed have any effects on my gains/weight loss? Is it a gains goblin? I have heard mixed answers so I'm really not sure what to think.

It's not like I smoke weed very often, but I need to know if it's bad for muh gainz
>>
I knew a IFBB pro that smoked weed. I'd say it depends on the person. It will help some people, and un-motivate others. Try it out & see for yourself.
>>
When people say weed makes them lazy I laugh.

Weed isn't making you lazy just like someone's genetics aren't forcing them to eat.

It will definitely make it harder not to waste the day but that doesn't mean you're forced to.
>>
>>35673720
>>35673738
oh I see, so it's mainly a motivation/laziness issue but wont affect my gains directly
>>
If you have trouble eating big the munchies could help.
And seeing as this is a board formerly concerned with health as well as fitness I should also say that smoking anything is bad, eat it instead.

>>35673738
This, the majority of stoners would be lazy even without weed.
>>
File: Y07QIDD.gif (908KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Y07QIDD.gif
908KB, 500x375px
I don't smoke so much any more these days, but I used to smoke before every work out. Put me in a great mood & always banged out a tough work out. I found the high combined with music made me extra motivated. It was like I was cumming day & night. It was fantastic.
>>
>>35673696
No but it will make you stupid.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>35674088
No. You're stupid for even thinking it's as black and white as that.
>>
>>35674088
There's no lasting cognitive effect, per studies.
>>
Helps increase appetite and when I go to the gym high I take my time and push out my reps slower near the end and end up getting a better burn. Probably very subjective though
>>
>>35674092
WEED
>>
>>35674202
LMAO
>>
>>35674141

I believe I've seen some papers that suggested that heavy use over a long period of time, we're talking like pretty much being constantly stoned for years, has some lasting negative effects. Also, it's pretty common to hear that if you've got a predisposition to some mental issues it can cause them to become more prevalent.

Realistically I can't imagine anyone smoking that much however

The most common health concerns with smoking are respiratory issues related to inhalation of the smoke itself (CO for example) instead of actual pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of the active compounds.

If you're smoking like a joint once or twice a week you'd probably never experience any health problems.

Most stoners are insufferable fuckheads though so there's that.
>>
>>35673696
If peeps are worried about being lazy just smoke some sativa instead of hybrids or indicas
>>
>smoking le me-mewana
have fun with your no gains pinner
>>
File: cognition.png (21KB, 653x393px) Image search: [Google]
cognition.png
21KB, 653x393px
>>35674296
>cognitive effects
Nope.
http://norml.org/component/zoo/category/cannabis-and-the-brain-a-user-s-guide
>>
>>35673696
I'm a daily smoker for about 2 years. Been smoking for 6. The munchies faded away with time and i've noticed that when I smoke for a few days/wks I lose all of my appetie and I stuggle eating 3 meal a day.
>>
>2016
>smoking weed
>not smoking crack instead
Never gonna make tbqhafwy
>>
>>35674092
>>35674202
>>35674293
Beat me to it
>>
File: 953.png (56KB, 200x302px) Image search: [Google]
953.png
56KB, 200x302px
>>35673862
This, smoking weed and liftin' feels bretty gud. Just don't lose perspective and end up as a DUDE WEED fuckhead.
>>
>>35673696

Smoked pot the last five years, I'll tell you about my personal experience but obviously everyone is different so take it as you will... Went to an Ivy school and starting blazing with these rich white fucks (homies, though) basically everyday starting freshman year.

First two years studies went to shit but I valued being cool and social etc. over pretty much anything which in retrospect was dumb. Loved it at the time though. Wasn't necessarily the direct cause of laziness but it made me retarded while I was high, couldn't do anything productive. Couldn't lift seriously or read or study or really remember anything while I was high but when I wasn't high I was fine, I wouldn't say there are lasting effects on cognition besides the time you are actively stimulated by the drug, but you can imagine smoking 2-3 times a day and not being able to actually do shit during those times would lead to a lazy lifestyle.

Would smoke before bed and wouldn't dream and have a shit sleep, led to foggy next morning and just a shit next day in general energy-wise. Junior year I found some self control and would be able to get my stuff done around my smoking schedule and realized school was really fuckin easy but I had just been a dipshit with no self control.

Oddly enough blazed the most my last two years but did better in school, forget about lifting and stuff though or ay meaningful extracurriculars. Sitting around and being high was my extracurricular.
>>
>>35675778
cont.

Got a great job somehow upon graduation and the day I signed my offer I decided to quit. Best decision i ever made. SO much more energy, memory, motivation since stopping holy fuck I can't believe I went through the best years of my life in a daze. My dreams are intensely vivid and sleeping actually recharges me, its so weird but that is the thing that I realized I had missed the most.

Now I lift like a fiend and do shit to reach my potential and I fucking love it. Stopped eating like shit once I stopped blazing, got better sleep, and had way more energy once quitting, realized that weed was the root of these three problems that plagued me.

Don't advise it but take my experience as you will. If you have good self control then sure, you might say it will help increase appetite but honestly the benefits to me were minimal. Really just a social crutch. Health-wise, regardless of what people say about it being healthy, inhaling a recently combusted organic substance is just not good for you, period. Vape or brownies, sure.

Obviously I'm a weak willed little cunt so I'm sure many will refute this, but keep this in mind. In moderation its fine but its also a dangerous path, goodluck m8.

tl;dr: in my personal experience its not directly bad but leads to a bad lifestyle that is not conducive for being a stronk motivated high-achieving /fit/izen
>>
>>35673696
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25521349
All I can tell you is weed isn't bad for your lungs.
>>
>>35675805
Hey man I smoke weed but you should really read more thoroughly.
>Although greater than 20 joint-years of cumulative marijuana exposure was associated with a twofold increased odds of a FEV1/FVC less than 70%, this was the result of an increase in FVC, rather than a disproportional decrease in FEV1 as is typically associated with obstructive lung diseases.

Although if it's anything like smoking tobacco (I'm not saying it is) the risk of this would 'decrease' until you're at the same risk of a non-smoker, if you quit smoking it for long enough.
>>
>>35673696
long time pot smoker and beginning med school this fall, recently quit and would advise you to consider it as well. thc/cannabis is not harmful at all, go vape it or eat a brownie as often as you want. however, inhalation of combusted matter via blunt/paper is not really good for your lungs, fucks up the VO2 max they can hold which directly impacts stamina and your workout quality.

I thought I had godlike workouts when I'd burn then lift. took 2 weeks off while doing cardio and fixing my lungs, now my workouts make the previous ones feel like nothing.

theres something i feel more about being able to contract my diaphragm and core, and keep myself more upright during all motions, and have more of a mind muscle connection because of supple healthy lungs.

part of this is bro science, backed by classroom testing. hoping to publish some clinical studies within the next few years.

all other benefits like memory, test, motivation etc i'm not gonna touch, because you should be able to see the difference for yourself.

take my advice for what its worth, and how much you paid for it. godspeed nigga, get gains
>>
>>35673696
>really not sure what to think.

then dont think
do
>>
File: 1453182789956s.jpg (8KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453182789956s.jpg
8KB, 247x250px
>>35673696

>some people claim weed makes them lazy
>some people claim weed makes them crazy
>some people claim weed makes them jeezy
>some people claim weed makes them weezy
>some people claim weed makes them beezy

sounds like humanity is to be trusted
rly experienced along its life
>>
File: 1354842842395.gif (316KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1354842842395.gif
316KB, 500x500px
>>35676664
>some people claim weed makes them crazy
Some people do get 'paranoid' but i assume in the majority of those cases they were concerned with authority.
>>
I'm a complete fuck up that's been a daily smoker of weed for the last 15 years and it's not the weed that made me a fuck up. That's like a fat person blaming food.

I'm not going to lie and say it's good for you or anything but in an ideal world you would have access to a variety of strains and not be smashed all the time. It's not like alcohol, the shit hits you differently so while you can get really good sativas and be fully functional 24/7 there are negatives with everything so it's best to use it sparingly and to have the variety so you have the right kind for the mood you're in. Use it after you've got your shit taken care of for the day if recreational and if medicinal use the smallest amount to get the desired effect for the medical condition and not the high because that smoking yourself sober shit comes using the same strain over and over. Tolerance is a bitch like that.
>>
>>35676950
This. And don't ever get into dabbing. Just trust me on this, I just ended a dabbing addiction with a 3 month tolerance break.

Not only does it fuck your tolerance to a point where you can't enjoy regular bud, but there have been many clinical studies recently that have proven excessive dabbing leads to decreased motor-skills long term.
>>
>>35675365
>this
weed is so 2015, its legal now so everybody does it
if you want to make it hop down to /crack/ city
>>
I used to be pro weed when I wa younger. But I've started to see a trend. Sure it's not as dangerous as the hard drugs but it will make you a lazy and unproductive NEET.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>35677263
yeah arnold was the most unproductive and lazy NEET of all time
>>
>>35674382

desu senpai the paper I saw was from last year I'll try to find it but not gonna look hard lmao
>>
>>35677274
> hey guyz, here's one example so it can't be true!! =P
>>
its not bad for gains at all if you smoke rarely, in fact it'll help because you'll eat loads

once you become a hardcore stoner and smoke every day you will probably start skipping gym and you will feel less hungry

(the stoner munchies only last for newbies)
>>
>>35673774
> motivation/laziness issue but wont affect my gains directly

motivation is literally everything
>>
>>35677393
One counter example does disprove the statement "All weed smokers are lazy and unproductive NEETs". That's what counter example means

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterexample
>>
>>35673696
What do you guys like about weed? I just feel on edge and retarded on it, am I weeding wrong
>>
>>35673696
Depends, personally i use small joints to help me get through my big ass boring meals. They key is to limiting it so it doesnt fuck with your lungs as much
>>
Weed pretty much only has indirect effects on your gainz
>smoked before bed last night, now I don't feel like going to the gym today
>Smoked after a workout, time to eat everything for maximum gainz
>smoked too much this month, now my lungs feel the strain
>smoked too much this week, didn't take care of business and now I don't have time to go to the gym

Obviously inhaling smoke is fucking terrible for you but the active ingredient has little effect on your health
>>
Long term use can lower testosterone. Other than that it doesn't effect much.
>>
I smoke maybe once every week or two. It's more enjoyable than booze for me, since there's less of an effect the next day.

Usually I'm a bit more tired the day after and generally don't smoke the day before a big workout. Effects everyone differently though.

There really isn't much harm in smoking infrequently. It won't make you lazy, dumb, whatever. People who that happens to were already that way and just needed an excuse
>>
It dose not have a direct affect on your ability to gain strength or mass

It dose depending on the weed strain make u tierd, less foucused, and septable to overeati g or making poor food choices a la taco bell
Illegal in mOst states
Costly for most

Better than alchahol IMO
>>
File: Tbg.png (50KB, 413x605px) Image search: [Google]
Tbg.png
50KB, 413x605px
>>35678250
If you have some sort of issue on weed, bar unique memory phenomena, you probably have that in real life. The best answer for the feeling you're probably referring to is to actually fix the potential problem -- physical stress from inflexibility, malnutrition, low protein intake (which could undermine serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, etc. production / energy levels), general social dysfunction (check out Sleight of Mouth by Robert Dilts), posture (figuring out a neutral position by rolling the forearms, palms, shoulders, legs, and hips forward and back), etc.

Another is antioxidants. Protein and most everything else can oxidize, and the most consumed antioxidant (coffee) isn't even on the top list. Cinnamon is though, but it can be toxic. https://examine.com/supplements/cinnamon/. Cloves are great.

Even more, if you can mitigate the unnecessary stresses, even "sugar" and ejaculation (orgasm and ejaculation are separate processes), you can probably enjoy more intensity.
>>
>>35678962
please provide reference re. testosterone drop, I'm curious.
>>
I dont think weed in and of itself has any detrimental effect on muscle gain. If it causes you to eat like mad or makes you super lazy and unproductive then I would keep it to evenings and when you're already full.

Joe Rogan swears by it, dude is fit, but not exactly super jacked. Some people say a small amount of certain strains can be helpful during a workout, but this all depends on you.
>>
>>35676050
Sounds like you neglected cardio in the first place which what was actually limiting your VO2 max. Do HIIT. If smoking weed helps you push yourself harder then go for it.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.