[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of activity trackers? What niche do they fill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 001.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
What is the point of activity trackers? What niche do they fill?
>>
Middle aged moms and young women niche
>>
I recently ordered a Polar loop 2 + h7 heart rate sensor because I have a hard time evaluating the calories I burn. I oftentimes go for cardio sessions of several hours and want my calorie intake to be on point.
>>
>>35671334
>What niche do they fill?
lazy rich people who think the solution to fitness is to throw money at it
>>
File: 028 - F2w2jJi.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
028 - F2w2jJi.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>35671477
>>35671376
these... are spot on.
>>
i got one for christmas. Its basically useless.
>>
>>35671334
people who wear compression pants indoors with oxygen mask

tl;dr gimmick
>>
>>35671669
>implying compression clothing doesn't allow greater range of movement
this triggered me
>>
>>35671467

Out of curiosity what did you find? More or less calories than you thought?

I use several methods to round down on how many calories I burn to be safe when cutting. I use online calculators and round down my weight 10 pounds, round down to the next lowest .5 MPH, and round down to the next lowest 5 minute increment.

So when I run at 6.8 MPH for 34 minutes at 185 lbs for example I would put in 6.5 MPH for 30 minutes at 175 lbs in MyFitnessPal.
>>
>>35671334
They are for the same bunch of idiots that think weight machines will make you healthier. The niche is "take my money", low information consumers. I can't blame these companies for trying to sell this shit tho, must be like printing money.
>>
>>35671754
I wouldn't know since I'll only get them later this week. By the way, anyone interested in HR monitoring shouldn't be bothered with buying more than a H7 (or similar) and pair it to their phone, but I don't have a compatible device.
>>
>>35671334
They're good if you sedentary as they remind you to move. Most of them have some sort of alert for inactivity. At my computer job it is a reminder to take a walk.
>>
you can make sure you're still leaving humanity behind
>>
>>35671334
>What is the point of activity trackers?
To give you the false impression that you're actually doing something while providing tracking and biometric personal data to shit corporations that want to track you, profile you, and target you with shit they want to sell you that you don't want or need.
>>
File: fitbit_af.jpg (364KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
fitbit_af.jpg
364KB, 3200x1800px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.