[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i into operator mode??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 14

File: 1430445886357.jpg (62KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1430445886357.jpg
62KB, 636x636px
How do i into operator mode??
>>
drink plenty of seamen
>>
have high natty test.
pullups
squats
machine gun till failure
>>
>>35666240
what if i want to be a scout/sniper
>>
>>35666250
underageb& detected
>>
>>35666201
If you have to ask, you're not gonna make it.
Those guys who are really successful in SOF are just naturally in absurd shape. We're talking ruck 10 miles in 2 hours with 65 pounds on up a mountain on almost nothing but willpower. Most of them just grab their fucking nuts and do it.
>>
>>35666201

die for the jews until failure
>>
>>35666324
dude I know from high school is a SEAL.

he spent his summers throwing hay in Kansas, played football and wrestled during school. he was always a beast, but he also worked his ass off to become a beast.
>>
>>35666324

You think they were born with that willpower? 90% of training for these guys is teaching them mental fortitude.
>>
Howdy. POG here. I've seen a couple Regiment guys at the BN gym for God knows what reason, and mostly they spent the time doing pull ups, squats, sitting rows, incline press, regular press, and deadlifts. All of these VERY fucking heavy. And of course, you guessed it, bicep curls!
>>
>>35666382
And if you aren't capable of achieveing a tough mentality, you won't make it.
It's talent and skill.
>>
>>35666359
This. I know two SEAL officers. They're both autisticly obsessed with self-improvement and always have been. No gfs, never big partiers,diehard athletes. Hard to say what's genetic and what's not when such an insane amount of work goes into it.
>>
>>35666385
from what i can tell they do shit for like recon or marsoc then go lift weights after the grueling pt

i got the marsoc app should i just do that and lift afterwards
>>
>>35666382

You either have it or you don't.
>>
>>35666250
>walk everyday for 10 miles with a heavy ass ruck and rifle
goodbye gains
>>
>>35666413

Did they get gfs when they became SEALS? What's the point otherwise?
>>
>>35666385

Of course they do bicep curls, how the fuck are you going to win any war without guns?
>>
>>35666420

This is literally >genetics tier bullshit
>>
>>35666201
Do you want to know one of the secrets I've found out about all of it from working at a SOF command?

Sure being physically fit and mentally prepared plays a huge part of it.

But one of the seldom talked about factors is your personality.

Aside from all the bullshit they make you do at BUDs those instructors are actually screening your personality.

They want to see if you're really one of them personality wise. Believe it or not it could be seen as a popularity contest of sorts. Do they want to be around you? How do you handle yourself socially? Do you whine a lot? Can the guys drink beer, swear, dip, around you? etc.

They don't want unit cohesiveness destroyed because you're a social shut in and mildly autistic even if you can carry a log all day.
>>
>>35666484
interesting, can you elaborate a little on that? its like being the popular kids in HS??
>>
>>35666419
Assuming you are aspiring to join the Army or USMC in order to got to SF or MARSOC, you should do one day of lifting and one day of Hooah good stuff. Hooah stuff includes, HIIT, muscle failure (push ups, abs, power jumps, half jacks, etc) and core strength stuff. You can also ruck one day of the week.
>>
>>35666452
>automatically obsessed with self improvement
I legitimately think they're just trying to see how badass they can become before they die. Not much time for girlfriends anyway.
>>
>>35666493
It's not necessarily being like a popular kid in a classroom.

It's more of a sense do the instructors like you for who you actually are.

Some guys might be physically capable to an extent but they just might not have that warrior/seal culture that HAS to be there to really make that grade.
>>
>>35666493
What anon is saying is that you need the traits of a wolf to be part of the pack. Lone wolves do not exist in the armed forces. We never "operate" alone. If you find yourself alone, you go into SERE mode, not Rambo/Liquid Snake or whatever physical state he is.
>>
>>35666557
>We
What SOF are you apart of, anon?
>>
>>35666557
>>35666547
>>35666493
>>35666484
I'm guessing this has something to do with why Dan Bilzerian was dropped right towards the end of BUD/S. His roid-monkey body was probably taking it fine, but there's no way he's the type of guy you want watching your back.
>>
>>35666456
Top kek
>>
>>35666612
Oh, I used the term we as in Soldiers. Not SF operator haha. I wish. Every member of the armed forces is trained to function as a member of a team. I should have used the term function and not "operate"
>>
>>35666633
Aww, I was hoping you were a operator and could tell us some dope stories
>>
>>35666666
Waste
>>
>>35666666
you're gonna make it breh
>>
>>35666619
I guess. From my experience, two things I hate in the Army: toxic people and immature behavior. There's a time for everything, including shenanigans. But not every time is time for shenanigans.

Toxic people let their personalities set the tone for every duty and task at hand in it ALWAYS fucks something up for the team.
>>
File: sparrow check em.png (742KB, 666x946px) Image search: [Google]
sparrow check em.png
742KB, 666x946px
>>35666666
RIP in peace thread
>>
>>35666675
>>35666681
Lmao thanks
>>
>>35666666
I'll tell you what is fucking dope! Checked!
>>
File: bateman.jpg (49KB, 575x515px) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
49KB, 575x515px
>>35666666
>>
I had a guy in my unit that tried out for MARSOC, but he didn't make it due to personality issues. The dude was a beast, but he couldn't think outside of his own little box.
>>
>>35666619
There is truth in this.

Dan was likely physically prepared, and quite possibly mentally prepped for it.

But if you google Dan's name and scroll around through SF association forums and threads you'll notice that other people's account of how Dan was dropped varies from what he says. Roughly if I remember correctly a lot of those postings in response to Dan alleged that no one liked him because he was an ass who couldn't, rather than wouldn't fit in and adopt that culture that those instructors try to maintain while they screen you.

I hope this makes sense. It's hard to articulate what it actually is since I'm not really apart of that culture. I just took orders there and it's definitely a professional building experience, but it's really hard when some SO2 comes up to me and says, "hey yo bro XYZ" And I'm not really on that real bro level of bonding the other SOs have.
>>
>>35666707
One dope story I can share is the time they gave me THREE tortillas instead of two at the DFAC on mexican cuisine day of the week so I could make 3 fajinas instead of the regulation 2. That was fucking exciting.
>>
>>35666759
That time when we ACTUALLY got hot coffee on a February field problem
>>
>>35666759
Haha sounds like a good time
>>
>>35666807
What a blessing! Does not compare to getting a Pop Tart or Reeses Pieces on an MRE.
>>
File: SFCKap.jpg (187KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
SFCKap.jpg
187KB, 640x320px
Hey OP. Check out the story of this fine gent here SFC Kapacziewski. I know you will find some inspiration in it.
>>
>>35666201
I like how is rocking that tactical protein shake
>>
>>35666666
Look at those six numbers there, all of them the same, jesus christ almighty
>>
>>35666250
lay in the grass for 4 days without moving. congrats
>>
>>35666528
are you guys virgins?

if you're a good enough dude, you don't need a girlfriend until you get older. pussy throws itself at you, and is boring.

they probably get laid more than you ever will.
>>
>>35666856
Don't get me started how exciting that brown sugar pop tart taste.
>>
>>35666896
Soon, very soon, a post of only 6s shall appear.
>>
>>35666958

well yeah, that's what I figured, I couldn't see any reason a SEAL wouldn't be getting laid, even if they really did spend all day focussing on their "self improvement"
>>
File: FitScoresNo1.jpg (19KB, 592x104px) Image search: [Google]
FitScoresNo1.jpg
19KB, 592x104px
>>35666666
>>
If serious, visit military forums and gun forums where real active dootay and vets hang out.

Have no preconceptions. Learn. Also study professional military forums. Small Wars Journal is interesting and has pieces from a variety of international contributors.

Military can be excellent career so if you enlist fucking treat everything you do from a career perspective. I was always a techy so went Air Force and enjoyed wrenching fighters.

There is nothing more beautiful than getting that government retirement check while you are decades younger than your peers, many of who will be wage slaves until they die in harness.
>>
File: _20160118_132447.jpg (9KB, 222x204px) Image search: [Google]
_20160118_132447.jpg
9KB, 222x204px
>>35666201
>>35666382
Take cold showers.
>>
>>35667073
Legendary
>>
>>35667077
well there's the whole fact that they mentally mould you into a new human being, that's a pretty big detractor

not hating on military guys. I like them, and I wish more people were like them. but there's a reason the military outsources anything requiring critical thought, such as critical intel work or tech, etc.

then again, the only reason private sector guys can't retire is because they're also complete idiots.

deployment sucks. being rootless until you retire sucks.
>>
>>35667156
>mentally mould you into a new human being

Yeah, not really. They *might* give you some new habits if you're coachable, that's about it. Anybody who comes out of basic training "different" is a bullshitter or had 0 personal identity to begin with.
>>
>>35667156
>being rootless until you retire sucks.
This is true though, and most of the reason I left.
>>
>>35667144
was there ama
>>
they dont test for gear
>>
>>35667203
I'm not saying basic training changes you.

but you really think spending a decade in the service isn't going to change you? promotions via checklist, squashing of personal ambition. bureaucratization of simple processes. inability to adequately punish complete shitters? sure, buddy, totally normal.

are you dumb?

brb, gonna go live in china for 10 years and come back exactly the same
>>
>>35667362
That's life, nigga, ten years is going to (or should) change you no matter what you do.
>>
>>35667410
yeah, but this other dude is saying the service doesn't mould you into the person they want you to be. this is patently false.

infantry turns you into a different person most noticeably
commissions makes you a machine
intel or tech makes you mentally incapable of competing in the private sector. this isn't an exaggeration.

not saying it's bad. it definitely improved some of the lower quality humans I know. but a person with actual talent is not going to find his wings. ever. at least in the private sector such a person has a chance.
>>
File: graduates.jpg (297KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
graduates.jpg
297KB, 1080x600px
You just gotta want it man. As I was reading some of the posts here, I see that a lot of you think there needs to be a set personality to be one of these guys. That's far from the truth.

I know guys who never party, never drink, never curse and never chase tail. I also know guys who do that every night. I know a guy who did nothing but smoke weed and eat cookies all day on the couch prior to enlisting. It's all a matter of how much you want it. There is no set persona on who is 'operator' material. Just crush the PSTs and you can make it if you want it enough. The physical aspect is legitimately easy. The mental part is something you will never, ever understand until you are going through it. I can't emphasize this enough.
>>
>>35666666
Well time to do 6x6's for everything today, squats presses and deadlifts
>>
>>35667458
>infantry turns you into a different person most noticeably
I really just don't think I changed that much. A little more personal discipline if anything.
>>
>>35667485
>>35667485
again, not talking smack on military, I respect it a lot

but intellectually, they become very flattened. dependable, but not very capable of insight.

I used to work with a lot of them. they didn't have a lot of ingenuity. not that ingenuity is everything. liberals love to invent pure bullshit. I'm not a fan of that. but military makes people too rigid for a lot of professions.
>>
>>35666345
This.

Biggest gains goblin of all time: jews. Be it; financial, physical, emotional or spiritual, you name it, he is the goblin.
>>
>>35667570
Eh, over time, I guess I'd give you that, yeah. The careerism gets pretty stifling. Again, I knew I'd never be able to do 20 years of it.
>>
>>35667591
Kike, kike, weasel-like...
>>
File: ViningisWinning.jpg (621KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
ViningisWinning.jpg
621KB, 1280x848px
>>35666201
Reminder that the most operator mother fucker of all time was DYEL.
>>
>>35667611
>>35667591
fuck off with this shit
>>
>>35667680
It's only in the GWOT era that testosterone and dianabol became 'the look'
>>
>>35666958
He asked about girlfriends so I answered about girlfriends. In sure they smash, but I doubt they're monogamous because of the time that would require. Pretty sure SEALs spend like 60+% of their time training.
>>
>>35666456
underrated
>>
>>35667591
The grabbler
>>
>>35667680
Rat faced kike detected
>>
>>35667675
idk why but I always think this picture is so based
>>
>>35668261
>>35666345

Stress relief;

Just visualize all your problems in life, financial, social, as a greedy, nasty little monster with a hook nose and beady little eyes who just wants to grabble up all your money. Now imagine a purifying wind blowing the grabbler away like so many ashes.
>>
>operator
Can this meme just die already
>>
>>35667156
The rootless thing is super true.

How you change as a person totally depends on what happens to you, and what job you pick. I'm a nurse, so poop doesn't bother me anymore. That's about it.
>>
>>35666619
You can't really ever by physically prepared, it ends up being 90% mental 10% physical because being strong and fit doesn't make doing underwaters after being awake for 60 hours doing log drills, beach running, sitting in the freezing pacific etc. every part of your body is screaming stop, come up and breathe no matter what shape you're in.

Initial pipeline schools like BUD/s, PJ/CCT indoc, ranger school etc. are designed to make sure you have the mental toughness to proceed with expensive training and get really good. All sorts of lanky, short guys make it through because it's more about mental fortitude than physical/athletic prowess.
>>
>>35667156
>but there's a reason the military outsources anything requiring critical thought, such as critical intel work or tech, etc.

they don't though. There are guys who do those jobs in the military...Did you think everyone in the military is a shooter? 19/20 jobs is a support job. Intelligence, computer technicians, engineers etc. are all support jobs.
>>
>>35666666
Checked
>>
>>35666420

Steel doesn't occur naturally. It has to be forged from different sources through intense fire

That wuz a metaphor
>>
>>35669030
Yeah but Dan "the heart attack man" Bilzerian got dropped in the last couple of days, so I'm guessing he passed all the tests but rubbed everyone the wrong way. The end of BUD/S is land stuff, not the freezing water and flutter kicks all the time that we associate with it. He had finished all that.
>>
>>35666704
NUDES WHERE
>>
>>35667475
>not 666x666

not gonna make it
>>
>>35669490
Some guys realize during BUD/s it's not what they want to do for the next 6+ years of their life but don't want to look like a dirty cone so they find some bullshit reason to self-eliminate or do something overtly stupid to get kicked out of the program. Sometimes you just fuck up but they usually just give you a set-back in that case. Knew a guy at PJ indoc who got set back during their final tests because his snorkel got twisted on his way up during snorkel recovery, had to repeat the full course.
>>
>>35669490
how funny is it that he paid to get into lone survivor and they cut him
>>
>>35667675
bane ?
>>
>>35666666
Those are some fucking DIGITS I witness before me.
Wew lad. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>35666759
Can confirm this is what the military is actually like. Worse on ships.
>>
>>35667156
You don't know what you're talking about. Boot camp is a joke, no one is "changed" the way you're making it sound. And rootless? Average duty assignment is three years. For instance my next three are in San Diego. And I aim to spend the three after in Europe. All while having housing, health insurance, and rock solid job security. Being a civilian is much more chaotic.
>>
>>35671809
It's shit if you want to have a family though.
>>
>>35669095
Exactly. Public Relations/visual information for the Navy here. We interact with local media, document training and port calls, and make video PSA/Commercials/News stories/entertaining bits.
Did any of you see the 'Sea Wars' star wars spoof? Buddy/co-worker made that on the Ike. Disney qsked them to take it down, but Abrams literally sent them tons of swag and a personal letter congratulating him on his video and editing skills. If that's not skilled labor I don't know what is. And all enlisted too. If anything, employment opportunities for enlisted provide far better schooling and better pipe lines than officers these days, even if we're payed less for now
>>
>>35671823
The day I joined several girl friends and ex-girlfriends started teasing me about getting married. Nothing works better at wetting panties when I'm out than saying I'm in the military.
1. Chicks dig it. Hard.
2. Marriage benefits are insane, marrying a military man means rock solid fiscal condition, with again guaranteed housing and health care included for the entire family- only top civilian earners can match that, and that's takes at least a nice degree and a few years working up the ladder.
3. They get to travel around the world with you, without having to worry about that housing or health care.

There's a reason over 70% of service members get married within three years of service
>>
>>35666324
It's less about being fit and more about willpower and forcing your body to keep going past failure. Most real sf guys look more like longshoremen than gi joes.
>pic related.
Sf from the vietnam war. They're not particularly ripped or built. Just fit with unending willpower.
>>
>>35671905
Forgot my fucking pic.
>>
>>35671905
what pic tho
>>
>>35671898
You forgot to mention the astronomical divorce rate. And what about having you, your wife, and kids forced to leave all your friends and find new ones every few years?
>>
>>35667156
>mentally mould you into a new person.

HA! I'm also in the armed forces, and let me tell you basic is a fucking joke these days. You're funny.
>>
>>35671898
Then why does the military have one of the highest divorce rates in the country?
>9 year army vet here.
>>
>>35667458
No one with any discipline going in changes, ding dong. Maybe they change after killing on their first deployment if they're a pussy, but most of my friends knew what they were getting in to.
>>
>>35666473
Except it's an attitude, not genetics.

But an attitude you have had since childhood.
>>
>>35671957
not the guy youre replying to, but attempt basic after all the entry tests / med tests / psychological test at the korps mariniers or royal marines.

15.000 become 200 in the entire year :>
>>
>>35671858
Holy shit this. Any maintenance position, especially AF makes you look immediately better for private flight, having any service looks good on a resume. This guys a bringus if he thinks it makes you incompatible with private sector.
>>
>>35671898
Man, it's because you are a free meal ticket and guaranteed , no work housing. Don't get too excited. It means they have all their needs guaranteed and all they have to do is fuck a guy half the year.
>>
File: siUhzts[1].jpg (24KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
siUhzts[1].jpg
24KB, 300x245px
>>35666666
>>
>>35672019
Yes I'm totally certain he was taking about the royal marines, good observation! Couldn't have been talking about just regular basic for the US army, AF, ect. Yep, the royal marines.
>>
>>35666452
>doin it for trim
You won't make it
>>
>>35672069
im not trying to be a cunt m8, calm down. just making a small comment, no need to get so upset about it.
>>
File: 1421552002216.gif (491KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1421552002216.gif
491KB, 500x290px
>>35666666
>>
File: 1437927421883.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437927421883.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>35666666
>>
>>35671898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mSm8ioQ3c

the rallying cry of the dependippotomus
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 416x700px
>tfw would love to go infantry but old depression faggotry makes me ineligible
>>
>>35668689
When they're good enough to take off the uniform, you know something's up.
>>
>>35672671
>not just lying about whatever you had to in order to clear MEPS
>>
Most operators are rumored to use gear/juice - especially on deployment.

Fuck, go to /k/ and ask Ricky.
>>
File: 1452642542596.gif (733KB, 470x348px) Image search: [Google]
1452642542596.gif
733KB, 470x348px
>>35667591
Yes anon, an ethnic groups inexplicably wants to lavish resources to make your life difficult
>>
>>35666250
mods pls
>>
>>35672700
yea, its the fact the only unarmored person in the pictured is carrying a gun and leading the pack.

What his name?
>>
>>35672671
Just lie, faggot.
>>
>>35674096
Sergeant Major Mike Vining
>>
>>35666704
>people get turned on by this piece of overweight ass-less gook

better off fucking a twink, less gay that way.
>>
>>35666324
spotted the dumbass
>>
>>35674096
noone in that photo is armored
>>
Why do SEALs and EOD wear those booty shorts? Just curious.
>>
>>35666250
Why would you want to be a sni
>>
>>35674248
he's right though, it's mental and the guys who are always looking for some secret short cut training program to do it never make it. It's not complex what you have to do, it's just a matter of being mentally tough enough to do it.
>>
>>35671921
I don't think that's Vietnam those look to be M16a2s, which weren't inducted until the mid 80s. My guess would be Panama/somewhere in Central America where we were fighting all those proxy wars in the 80s
>>
>>35676078
Those look like vietnamese guys in the back
>>
>>35666250
Recon hommos plz go
>>
>>35676406
You don't like HOGs?
>>
>>35675305
Underrated po
>>
>>35666201
how do I into CONDUCTOR mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmI-hGthrwA
>>
>>35674244
faggot
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.