[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What say you, /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 34

What say you, /fit/?
>>
Don't make me reevaluate my life.
>>
>>35665151
Veganism is retarded, not slihgtly inconvenient, that's the reason.
>>
the ethical reasons for veganism are fucking retarded and that's about all they got going for them

literally white people problems: the dietary version
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
>>35665151
I say enjoy your side medium shirts and sense of moral superiority

I'll enjoy results eating everything and denying myself nothing

Plus this pic reminds me why veganism is pure fail unless you're on roids beforehand and ate meat before you decided to rake in the bucks claiming natty and vegan since say one.
>>
Every single male who is a vegan is also a limp wristed cuck who's been guilted into it by some girl they wish to fuck.
>>
File: ShaneMosley.jpg (57KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
ShaneMosley.jpg
57KB, 660x350px
>>35665220
That guy just trained poorly/is retarded.

Shane Mosley was full vegan and never on roids. You can stay swole and still not support slaughtering other living beings.
>>
>>35665260
What proof do you have he's been vegan since day one.
>>
>>35665260
Ditto Patrik Baboumian.
>>
>>35665151
I went vegan for the new years. So far pretty good but I miss cheese and eggs and steak.
>>
>>35665220
Hes only been vegan for 2 years iirc
>>
>>35665260
>full vegan and never on roids.
>>
>>35665260
>professional athlete
>never on roids

Full natty, mate, for sure.
>>
>>35665212
what's retarded about the ethical reasons?

>>35665233
I'm a vegan and I was convinced by my two male vegan friends
By your logic if I wanted to fuck girls I'd be a male feminist too, which I'm most certainly not
>>
File: laughing watts.jpg (12KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
laughing watts.jpg
12KB, 240x193px
>>35665276
>proof

What the fuck? Do you want a collection of all their stool samples over the course of 10 years?
>>
>>35665290
cheese is the killer for me. Every vegan cheese I've tried thus far tastes super weird
>>
>>35665290
Enjoy your no gains.
>>
>malnutrition
>"slightly inconvenient"
>>
>>35665151
Animal cruelty is fucked up. If you want to say animals should be treated better I can get behind that.

If you say eating meat is inherently wrong in all cases you're a moron.
>>
>>35665297
probably won't take much convincing for your friends to spit roast you either
>>
>>35665300

Well if you can't prove anything. And he has a lot to gain from lying, I don't think he's telling the truth

The fact is, meat = gainz. If you deny that, I'd like you to post your body along with whatever rebuttal you have.
>>
>>35665212
>>35665212
>the ethical reasons for veganism are fucking retarded and that's about all they got going for them
I haven't read a study where the vegan group hasn't been shown to be the most healthy.
The ethical reasons for it are subjective I guess but to say thats all they got going for them is the most retarded thing I have heard from this board.
>>
>>35665297
Aah, so you're gay. That's cool.
>>
>>35665308
If I make any substantial gains this year I'll post a picture here with stats to show you guys if its even possible on vegan diet.
>>
>>35665151
>nah, I only purchase meat from local free range farms where I've seen first hand the animals are treated properly. Besides, I'd rather not lose all my gains and lower my testosterone since "protein is protein" is vegan propaganda and a lie from the pit of hell.
>>
>>35665306
Man I haven't even tried any vegan cheese yet I hope I can enjoy them.
>>
>>35665353
https://www.vegansociety.com/whats-new/blog/best-vegan-cheeses-rated

That's worth checking out, though i tried the Sheese one before and I hated it, so
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 960x541px
>>35665327
This. I can roid my balls off and eat burgers everyday for years. Then one day I decide to be vegan and natty. There is zero reason for me to say veganism should get any credit for what I've accomplished in this hypnotical situation.

So unless someone has actual proof of success ( vegan eater and athlete since birth), I find it hard to believe.
>>
>>35665328
I don't want to sound like a fat ass here, but how are they defining "healthy" in these studies?
>>
>>35665306
When you're doing anything like this, it's best not to replace but to find a way to make different flavors that are equally or at least similarly satisfying.
>>
File: typicalvegan.jpg (228KB, 1429x1124px) Image search: [Google]
typicalvegan.jpg
228KB, 1429x1124px
>>
>>35665406
true true
>>
I don't think it is immoral to eat meat.
I do think animal cruelty is immoral.
I do not think veganism will reduce the demand for animal products sufficiently to warrant a change in industry practices.
I think if it did reduce demand significantly, we would merely see a reduced supply of animal products produced by the same cruel means.

It seems like a useless exercise. If you really want to fight cruelty, you vote with your wallet by buying only from producers whose practice meet your ethical standards. That way, you still eat meat and use animal products.

If you are against eating meat and using animal products because killing animals is wrong, then I guess you won't vote with your wallet and you will continue to tell everyone to live the way you do. In that case, I don't have time for your faggotry. You probably think everyone deserves a prize for participation in any activity, and you probably believe that surplus labor is performed by coercion and not choice. 420 feel the bern my man.
>>
>>35665328
You ignore that these studies look at entire populations, ie comparing McDonald's eaters vs vegans. Vegans have to be more conscious of what they eat, since they can't eat much. So, of course they are generally healthier.

Comparing a conscious meat eater to a conscious vegan tells a different tale.
>>
Nature supports the slaughter of pretty much everything that doesn't make it to the tippy top of the food chain. There is no question of morality.

If I have a concern for how my animal meats are produced, it's concern for myself as I consume them. That's my only motivation to clean up the food/farm industry to produce cleaner meat; because I'm going to eat it, and I want it to be clean.
>>
File: michael_greger.jpg (72KB, 270x224px) Image search: [Google]
michael_greger.jpg
72KB, 270x224px
EVERYONE WHO IS NOT VEGAN WILL DIE OF CANCER, BE VEGAN AND YOU WILL NOT GET CANCER, THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN BEING VEGAN. REPEAT IT AFTER ME.
>>
>>35665451
Everyone, regardless of who you are or what you eat, will get cancer eventually, it's just a question of if they live long enough to get it
>>
Can anyone in this thread explain why vegans can't make it from a nutritional point of view? Beans/rice/tofu/protein powder can't get you all the protein you need or what? I agree that vegans should be supplemental b vitamins and iron, but if they do that what's the problem?
>>
>>35665151

>No, I don't care.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>35665451
I got a vegan girl to eat my dick once, she swallowed too. I hassled her about her cheat meal for a few days and got pissed and left my flat. It was great would do it again.
>>
>>35665476
It's not that they can't get there, with modern science most diets are sufficient with supplementation.

It's that they cut out entire food groups and turn around and say it's healthier than someone with a balanced diet.
>>
>>35665151
I'm not vegan because my country isn't a 3rd world shithole and treats the farm animals just fine until they fulfill the destiny they had at birth, which is to supply us with gainz. was it not for humans, they would hever have lived. they'd never run around in the farm with their cow and chicken bros through all their young, good years.
>>
>>35665233

Confirmed for Republican voter.
>>
>>35665439
The only study that compares the two groups in your anecdote was a pubmed study comparing wholefoods customers. In that group omnivores were found to have the highest rate of cardio vascular disease and vegans the least. Life expectancy was higher for vegans.
>>35665398
Cardio vascular health and life span in most cases. I haven't seen many in regards to body fat if that's what your looking for.
>>
File: 89219_Kinze_autonomous_harvest2.jpg (998KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
89219_Kinze_autonomous_harvest2.jpg
998KB, 2000x1334px
>>35665260
>Shane Mosley was full vegan and never on roids. You can stay swole and still not support slaughtering other living beings.

You're still killing living things when you eat plants, brah. We are heterotrophs. That is a fact of life.
>>
>>35665260
>never on roids

How delusional casual fans are. EVERY sport is absolutley litered with steroids, especially at the top. There is too much money to be made and designer steroids will always be ahead of doping tests
>>
>>35665151
No i don't care about animals and i don't give a fuck if it gives me cancer, which it doesn't.
>>
>>35665151
I've raised animals I've eaten in the past. While I no longer live on the farm with mom and dad, I still live in an area with many small to medium scale farms, most of which have the animals grazing in public areas that are easy to see. I feel no remorse for eating these animals, because it's the circle of life. These animals that I eat have a comfortable, healthy life, and in exchange, when their time comes they are slaughtered by somebody who knows and respects them and then fed to the local community. Living in USA may make a difference to many of you, but for me, there isn't really a reasonable question of ethics.
>>
File: dam_son.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dam_son.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>35665436
/thread
>>
>>35665482
Don't get my wrong, that sounds hilarious, but I still wouldn't let a girl eat my dick.
They don't grow back, you know.
>>
>>35665151
"Animal cruelty"

Kill your own meat then, faggot. I'm fine with paying someone else to slaughter in mass not by shooting them and chasing them as they bleed out but instantly killing them
>>
>>35665220
This, I'll take my gains thank you
>>
>>35665436
I sort of agree with you but how is not eating any meat at all not voting with your wallet m8?
>>
Every time I see a vegan thread I go bow hunting. This hogs blood is on your hands.
>>
>>35665151
Feels good.

Just had half a steak with sautéed onions and mushrooms with some broccoli.

Get fucked fitness commie.
>>
I say you're a puss for not eating meat OP
>>
>>35665765
Because I want to eat meat
>>
File: 1449990068127.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449990068127.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
>>35665151
We would not be where we are today if we did not routinely enslave and slaughter animals. We don't get as much protein and calories from fruit and vegetables as a gorilla does, we require meat. AND MEAT I WILL EAT. WOULD YOU LOOK TO YOUR ANCESTORS AND CLAIM, "NAY!" TO THEIR HARSH REALITY OR WOULD YOU STAND UP ALONGSIDE THEM IN THE GLORY OF THE SLAUGHTER!? AS YOU FEAST UPON THE FLESH OF THE ANIMAL YOU FEEL THE TRUE GLORY OF MAN, YOU FEEL THE HERITAGE, YOU FEEL THE POWER OF GREY SKULL!!!!
>>
Completely random question

Should I go to gym today if I haven't slept a minute last night? Maybe I should just skip and go tomorrow.
>>
>>35665832
Honestly I wouldn't if I were you, you won't have a good session when sleep depraved

But goddamn you must push yourself tomorrow. No excuses or leave /fit/ forever.
>>
>>35665864
Exactly what I was thinking. I'll make /fit/ proud tomorrow!
>>
>>35665260

Plants are sentient, living things that know that you are eating them. You are killing something any way you go about things. The only thing wrong with eating meat is factory farming and that is it. A chicken will be eaten by some other predator if you don't eat it.
>>
>>35665151

>Hey man, animal cruelty is fucked up. Wanna go vegan?

No, animals are tasty and nutritious and I don't give a fuck about how they're treated unless they're my pet, and ur a fgt
>>
>>35665260
>"hey guise, you don't have to be dyel as a vegan"
>posts vegan dyel
>>
File: carnivores.jpg (817KB, 1663x1053px) Image search: [Google]
carnivores.jpg
817KB, 1663x1053px
>>35665151
>Stop eating meat to stop animal cruelty
>Release the animals into the wild
>They get BTFO by other animals

Way I see it, either I eat the animal or some other predator eats it

I don't want to get cucked by the animals and sit here picking berries while they eat all the meat
>>
>>35666164
>this kills the crab
>>
>>35666164
murica education at its finest
>>
>>35666229
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4IRQVGsBU
>>
File: 1453129987181.jpg (99KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453129987181.jpg
99KB, 960x960px
>>35665151
hey man, human cruelty is fucked up. wanna stop buying 97.5% of everything? almost everything is made by third-world laborers who make 2.5$ a day. or is it slightly inconvenient to you?

hey man, human cruelty is fucked up. wanna give away everything you own and send all your money to some africans? you can feed 100 families with your middle class american salary. or is it slightly inconvenient to you?

hey man, pollution and global warming is fucked up. farming grains and vegetables has a massive effect on environment, much worse than animal farming. wanna stop eating grains and vegetables? they are unnatural anyway, you don't eat uncooked rice do you?
>>
>>35665151
I buy cagefree eggs, wild caught fish, and grassfed beef. That's the best I'm gonna fucking do. I have gains to make.
>>
>>35665290
Thanks mr skeltal
>>
>>35666164
Comparing a raccoon who kills a chicken very quickly compared to breeding and making animals suffer to satisfy no dietary need you can't get on a plant based diet. Next time i see the raccoon, I'll tell him to stop grinding up male chicks for their worthlessness, stop raping dairy cows, stop taking their babies for veal, and not to kill pigs which share pretty much every trait we commonly associate with dogs. This is even worse than the asshole who justify a pet snake by saying that it happens in the wild, when it's a completely different scenario. Also animals rape and kill to spread genes, get resources, hardly any sex in nature is consensual, better not get cucked and do what the animals do. OurA ancestors were shown to eat a good amount of insects and foraged veggies but Muh paleo.
>>
>>35666260
The majority of plants are grown to feed slaughtered livestock. Look it up, the majority of plants grown in this country are gmo corn and soy, to feed your burgers.what's u Natural about veggies but why the appeal to nature. Africans Re subhuman monsters and if Africa and Israel were obliterated, we would have world peace.
>>
>>35666260
This, get buttblasted, vegan scums.
>>
>>35666332
I suppose you wouldn't mind if I raped and killed you then
>>
>>35665260

you're a dumb gullible faggot
>>
>>35666402
You would not make it within range, bud. And that's the point. Appealing to "well animals do it" is a shitty excuse when literally almost everything else they do would land you in prison.
>>
>>35666260
The UN'S studies on pollution found that livestock breeding and selling accounts for the majority of greenhouse emissions. Whe you can grow 4X as many plant protein grams as 1 animal, I don't get why you think that it's veggies doing all the hard, when meat consists of most veggie use, most transportation costs, higher food distribution charges IE cold storage... Don't point to inconvenices of everyone being cucked by technology and western hegenomy with a mix of savage cultures IE Africa and blame it on veganism
>>
>>35666260
With the consumption of animal products you directly contribute to starvation in third world countries. 50-60% of the grains etc. that are grown globally are used to feed livestock, most of it comes from third world countries. Furthermore it drives the prices of grains etc. up in these regions.
>>
>>35666531
Cars account for the most green house emission. You are retarded.

It goes cars then power plants.
>>
>>35666332

You're conflating "eating meat" with "industrial farming". They're not the same thing.

Ironically, most of the people who can't stop going on about being vegetarian or vegan will actually recoil in horror if you tell them you hunt for food and say "why subject that animal to such an end when you could just buy meat at the store that poor deer didn't have to die like that" when a good hunt is one of the most natural ends to a prey animal's life possible, far more humane than them breaking a leg and starving to death or dying of disease.

While wonderful for me, I understand the wider implications of industrialized farming and disagree with it principally and would favour a return to more organic styles of farming and hunting, but unfortunately the majority of people think their choice is industrial farming or vegetarianism, and they couldn't bear the thought of an animal actually being killed in the act of eating meat, so they'd much rather go to the store, pay for their steak, and not know what happened in between.

No shit early man ate insects and vegetables, they ate literally anything edible- including prey animals when they could catch them because they were delicious and super high in energy, which they could cart back to the cave and would last them a while.

>Next time i see the raccoon, I'll tell him to stop grinding up male chicks for their worthlessness, stop raping dairy cows, stop taking their babies for veal, and not to kill pigs which share pretty much every trait we commonly associate with dogs.
>Also animals rape and kill to spread genes, get resources, hardly any sex in nature is consensual, better not get cucked and do what the animals do.

Did you just try to tell me animals are more humane than us and that animals are more cruel than us in the same sentence
>>
>>35666549
different anon here... no they dont, look it up
>>
>>35665826
Calm down kid. Your ancestors hunted the animals, not buy them sterilzed and prepackaged
>>
>>35666559
>far more humane than them breaking a leg and starving to death or dying of disease
I think that's something that vegans miss out allot on. Nature is a bitch. Even industrial farming isn't that bad, when you compare it life in the wild.
>>
>>35665768
Post pics.
>>
File: 1375726406907.jpg (41KB, 460x464px) Image search: [Google]
1375726406907.jpg
41KB, 460x464px
>>35666548
I don't know, I thought demand creates a raise in economy. But who cares, I'm just an anon on the internets.
>>
>>35666374
>The majority of plants are grown to feed slaughtered livestock. Look it up, the majority of plants grown in this country are gmo corn and soy, to feed your burgers.
if everyone stopped eating meat, equal amount of grains would go to feed people.
cattle can live perfectly well on 100% grass diet
>but why the appeal to nature
because "you need to cook meat to eat it, so it's unnatural, vegans 1:0 meateaters" is topmost vegancuck argument
>>
>>35666572
They also didnt necessarily hunt them. Our ancestors were mostly scavenging the remains of already killed animals, when they were lucky. They hunted easy shit like rabbits and wild pigs (idk how they are called in english).
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 188x188px
>>35666549
No they literally don't, no, the UN said livestock accounts for 51% and transportation (personal) 13%. You and I both know you just feel that but it isn't true and I'm an environmentalist but ots retarded and I'm not giving up my hemi when it's negligible and I actually need it. Man even Arnold Schwarzenegger admits this that meat is destroying the planet. Read the UN report instead of citing your feels.
>>
>>35666605
I am a German economy (BWL) student haha... idk how its called in english but if the demand is higher than the supply, then prices go up...
>>
>>35665885 #
Dude I used to work nights, zombie lifts are best lifts, you won't even feel it. Break your PR's, just find a spotter.
>>
>>35666566
Hiroshima wont let me post a link but google EPA emissions and you will get the first result proving you wrong.
>>
>>35666617
Boars
>>
>>35666614
Grass fed cows also produce almost 4 times as pollution, say what you want about factory farming but it's more sustainable than free range small farmers and this is coming from a vegan. Cooking food is "natural' but who cares that's not an argument. A better "nature" argument would be that humans are not designed to hunt down and tear into animals, we just aren't built for it, even our test are pussy ass deer like canines. With this current population, you are looking at seafood and meat being only for the super elite, closer than you think.
>>
>>35666572
Why do vegan faggots always have to go straight back to the stone age when they make these dumb arguments? For thousands of years, most of our ancestors have bought or traded meat from local hunters and farmers.
>>
devil's advocate.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=av7IwBfF5m8
This guy is super big and vegan
>>
>>35666650
Just watch cowspiracy, it sums up everything perfectly.
It also depends on how you calculate it, but animal agriculture emissions always come out on top.
https://youtu.be/JE5Hu4DCbkQ
>>
>>35666711
Mr Universe also went vegan.
>>
File: 1363464898447.jpg (10KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
1363464898447.jpg
10KB, 236x214px
>>35666631
Then you can explain this. If the prices go up, wouldn't that give more money to the country supplying the grains?

More money, more tax. Where is all that money? Shouldn't that be turned into providing better education, better workplaces and stuff like that for the people living in the third world country providing grain?

It disappears through corruption and misplacing the money to fund, I don't know, terrorist forces or something.

So, uhh, if money were to be placed into creating more grains in that country, it wouldn't cause sarvation, no?

I'm no longer trolling, genuinely trying to understand how these countries starve to death.
>>
>>35665414
She seems like a qt 3.14 tseuna. Pls sauce.
>>
>>35666696
Which were brought to the market by hunterd
>>
>>35666761
Just fyi documentaries have no incentive or requirement to post facts or truth
>>
>>35666696
Not true, meat eaters created the paleo craze, when really there is more insect eating in the paleo era than meat. Appealing to nature is silly when ethics, environemtalism IE not destroying our home, and health are far better. Also faggot? Says the breh probably ingesting animal based dairy estrogen on a daily basis and
>>
>>35666816
You can look up the sources on their homepage. They are always up to date.
>>
>>35666685
>A better "nature" argument would be that humans are not designed to hunt down and tear into animals

Our ancestors literally exhausted prey to death by endurance running

Bushman niggras in Africa still do it
>>
People say that the gym is some sort of crucible where they forge their iron will online usually turn out to be unimpressive skinnyfats who have been lifting for a year and a half and still trying to break that 175 lb bench press plateau that has gotten the best of them for the last 6 months
>>
>>35666711
that guy lifted for years on a normal diet then switched to veganism. he might as well put on a hairpiece and a stuffed bra and then claim that he got that big as a woman
>>35666685
>Grass fed cows also produce almost 4 times as pollution
what fucking pollution? farts and shit? they shit where they eat, next year there's more for them to eat.
>A better "nature" argument would be that humans are not designed to hunt down and tear into animals, we just aren't built for it, even our test are pussy ass deer like canines
are you fucking retarded? if we aren't designed to hunt down animals then how the fuck did we fucking hunt them long before we've even evolved into homo sapiens?
we aren't "designed" to grow massive amounts of grain and move them across the seas and mountains.
>With this current population, you are looking at seafood and meat being only for the super elite, closer than you think.
Not in my lifetime so I don't give a fucking shit if me eating a fish today means that a half-nigger half-arab half-chink won't have that fish 100 years from now. fuck all of them.
>>
>>35665436
Word. The animal cruelty arguments are poor. What about environmental arguments though?

The amount of land cleared and subsequently destroyed by raising livestock is unsustainable if we consume the same amount of meat as we have for the past 40 years. What's wrong with returning to the diet of our based farmer grandparents which is centered more on grains/starches and vegetables? Eat 4oz of meat instead of 8oz at dinner etc.
>>
>>35666786
Vegans are just retarded when it comes to why people starve. People starve to death because they're poor, like super poor. The supposedly poor people exporting their crops are not poor (also ever heard the saying farmers never starve). There are other people in these shit countries that own next to nothing or really shit land. These people that own nothing are starving because their corrupt, infantile governments can't or don't want to help them. Also because they have more kids than they can feed.

Also America exports soooo much food, way more than it imports. We literally can starve countries singlehandedly.
>>
>>35665297

Tons of animals die harvesting vegetables. Rodents like to hang out in wheat and corn fields and the machines catch them and turn them to bloody ribbons. Hell, deer have been found in the machines.

You can't claim the moral high ground when animals die harvesting grain and veggies. You certainly can't claim the moral high ground now that you know that.
>>
>>35648583
>>
>>35666982
The animal cruelty arguments are poor? Try watching earthlings till the end and keep in mind that this is common practice and hasnt changed. There is up to date footage everywhere, mostly by whistle-blowers reporting to peta.
>>
>>35666986
that is what my stance is too, just trying to understand German economy student anon
>>
>>35666982
It is important to do it for ethical, environmental and health reasons. You will never go back to eating the body parts and secretions of another animal, especially when you see it for it is.

14 out of 15 leading causes of death are primarily caused by the consumption of animal agriculture.
https://youtu.be/30gEiweaAVQ

>>35667021
>>35666986
I wont be able to articulate it properly and it is hard to do so with economical theories, there are thousands of factors contributing to this like everything else in economy.
Why dont just google it?
>>
>>35667070
consumption of animal products*
>>
>>35667013
Humans are literally tortured, exploited, slaughtered and have their kids taken away all over Africa.
I'd give a fuck about my own species before I start giving a fuck about others.
And I don't give a fuck about Africans, so I sure as hell won't start giving a fuck about animals that literally only exist because we bred them to use them.
>>
i dont care enough gotta pay those bills
>>
>>35665151
Its more then slightly inconvenient, it is longterm suïcide

Enjoy your 0pl8 immune system
>>
>>35667070
I'd argue that 14 out of 15 leading causes of death are primarily caused by overeating.
>>
>>35667108
>Humans are literally tortured, exploited, slaughtered and have their kids taken away all over Africa.
>I'd give a fuck about my own species before I start giving a fuck about others.
>I don't give a fuck about Africans
what
>>
File: 1366899979870.jpg (40KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
1366899979870.jpg
40KB, 480x458px
>>35667108
>>
>>35667136
Africans are not humans. Around blacks, never relax.it's not just a meme. Go to kensington Philly , Detroit, or chicago
>>
>>35667136
What's so hard to understand?
I don't feel any empathy towards Africans, so why should I feel empathy towards farm animals, which aren't as intelligent, aren't as sapient and aren't as closely related to me.
>>
>>35667201
So you're unironically saying they're less human than pigs, cows and chickens?
>>
>>35666260
>all these vegan samefag responses

Man, you can always tell when the green aliens are buttmad at getting BTFO by the most cursory application of logic. Good job man, keep it up.
>>
>>35667201
>>35667202
Humans arent the center of the universe. They literally contribute nothing to the planet.

inb4 most intelligent species.... does that justify exploiting & torturing non human animals and killing their and our habitat in the process, just because we can? So fucked up.
>>
>>35667216
>unironically
Stop using buzzwords.

Not that Anon but yes, at least pigs, cows, and chickens contribute something positive to society. Now it's not just blacks that are trash, any race can have their far share of trash people that do nothing but put a burden on society. But god damn if black people don't make up the 85%~90% of all of them.
>>
>>35667216
>arguing with /pol/

you're just validating them by pretending they're not morons.

>>35667320
>They literally contribute nothing to the planet.

who the fuck cares about some random rock in the middle of nothing?
>>
>>35665151
going vegan is retarded

just dont buy processed meat from mass-producing farms

hunt your own meat
>>
Who gives a fuck what we're designed to do?

Outside is an MMO, human life is emergent gameplay. Factory farming is not a bug, it's a feature.
>>
File: original.jpg (16KB, 403x321px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
16KB, 403x321px
>>35665151
Even if everyone in the gym went vegan it wouldn't change a thing with how many meat consumers there would remain.
So what I do is, I train, and through that I honor the death of the animals who help my body grow.
>>
File: 1452739343053.jpg (58KB, 640x518px) Image search: [Google]
1452739343053.jpg
58KB, 640x518px
>>35665151
>>
>>35666996
Inadvertent death is different from systsematic slaughter. Those veggies are made regardless to feed livestock. so there's the death, regardless. That's an argument against overpopulation, rather than veganism
>>
>>35665151
If animal cruelty is your only concern, shoot your own meat.
>>
>>35666787
Nadia The secret of Blue Water
>>
>>35665826
>we wouldnt be where we are today without slavery
>we should bring back slavery
>>
>>35665952
no they are not. every single fucking thread.
>>
>>35666260
>thinking this contradicts veganism
more pathetic excuses. Just be a man like some in this thread and admit you dont care about suffering unless it directly affects you.
>>
>>35665220
>Ayy lmao
>>
File: vegan nosuchthing.jpg (202KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
vegan nosuchthing.jpg
202KB, 600x496px
>>35667861
>>
>>35666848
>tradition and ritual
if you think thats how humans hunted you are retarded desu
it doesnt take a scientist to work out how inefficient that is in survival situations,.
>>
>>35667881
>lets save them people
>nah lets not save any because we cant yet do it 100 percent

memes are funny, but not when you are trying to use it as a refute.
>>
>>35665151
I'm vegetarian because of vegan propaganda (earthlings fucked me up), and I must say that I really don't miss meat.
>>
>>35665260

>You can totally be a swole natty while being vegan man
>Posts a welterweight professional fighter
>>
>>35667948
youve been here too long if you think every fighter is o roids.

welterweight
>>
>>35667861
The ones that claim that they simply don't care are just emotionally disconnected, I challenge them to watch "earthlings" till the end.
Only psychopaths wouldn't care after they have seen all this footage.

Earthlings: https://youtu.be/VlNXG1_gheI
Keep in mind this is all common practice and hasn't changed to date.
>>
>>35665151
Why is the fault of the corporations who commit atrocious animal cruelty fall upon me?

I'll do my part to reduce my foot print and all, with recycling, saving power, etc., but at the end of the day, it's mega conglomerates that waste the most energy and commit animal cruelty. You can let an animal live in comfort before slaughtering it and you can also harvest from it without being cruel, but corporations would rather keep a cow milking all her life and make the living conditions of all animals shit because it's cheaper.

A few people in the world going vegan will NOT make a huge impact, what's needed is a reform of these companies.

Also, honestly, a huge chunk of people really can't afford to go vegan. Vegetarian, maybe, but vegan, it's costly.
>>
File: 1451668808503.jpg (222KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
1451668808503.jpg
222KB, 900x744px
>>35667881
>>
>>35667992
you dont think companies will offer vegetarian and vegan options to get more money? duh
>>
>>35667989
personally i think part of been a man is accepting your responsibility, not only to the planet but to protect those weaker than you and those who are innocent.
Veganism is truly alpha, but its social conditioning that make people call me a "faggot" for this. There is no reason to take a life, (unless in a survival scenario)
i cannot understand when i hear people say the ethical arguments for veganism are weak or non existent when they are informed. Its disgusting how we treat them, especially when there is no reason to do so.

But i understand i was a meat eater a few months ago, just accepting the advertisments and what authority figures tell me, and shunning change...i was truly beta...defines it quite well.
>>
>>35666942
thats funny because hes still been getting world records
>>
>>35667070

> a single egg a day is worse for a woman than smoking 5 cigarettes for 15 years.

People seriously believe this guy?
>>
>>35665151
kekd hard
>>
File: 1389780801582.jpg (51KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1389780801582.jpg
51KB, 256x256px
>>35667999
>Medicine is almost always unnecessary
>My dog is vegan
>Explosives - use a molotov cocktail
>>
>>35668027
right on brother
>>
>>35667992
seriously, veganism is not expensive at all.
You sound like fattys when they saying eating healthy is expensive.

And it does fall upon you now you have the power of knowledge. A true man accepts it and does his best to stop injustice. Or you could just carry on following everyone else, cus its what society and advertisement tells you,

The only reason animal agriculture exists is so someone can make money. They make a lot, they buy off scientists, they buy advertisment spaces fucking everywhere just to make sure you see the products every single day from day 1, meanwhile the camps are hidden away and every effort is taken to hide them.
>>
>>35665220
you do realize he ate meat for 7 of those 10 years, right?
>>
>>35668072
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDpksTlEAyI
>>
>>35668027
Holy fucking shit. You are a huge faggot. Possibly the world's biggest cunt.

Kill yourself. Right now. Don't even think about it just do it.
>>
>>35665451

Hate him all you want, it's pretty well accepted that a plant based diet, whether you include some animal products in it or not, is the healthiest way to eat
>>
>>35668104
go away gold$tein
>>
>>35668080
My point wasn't "don't be a vegan it's not worth it," my point was that in order to see substantial changes with regard to the treatment of animals, corporations should be changed, since that will have a FAR larger impact that a small percent of the population going vegan.

Look at states that sometimes go into droughts: the government advises homes to use water sparingly, to stop watering their lawns, take quick showers, etc. But that is such a minuscule amount of water saved compared to the way corporations waste resources like water, because it's cheaper.

All I'm saying is you should be pointing your fingers more at the companies that actually do commit animal cruelty and spend millions on advertising and normalizing it, instead of at a few individuals on 4chan.
>>
>>35667992
Vote with your dollar. It's the most powerful vote you have after all. I'm not into veganism or vegetarianism and I really don't care if my fruit is from genetically modified plants but the hippies are doing it right when it comes to meat. I fucking love meat from happy cows and happy chickens. I always get my meat at the hippie grocery store these days, it's leaner and firmer, goddamn delicious. After you try it, meat from animals who spend their entire lives in a pen or cage will seem all flabby and weak. Remember that King of the Hill episode where Hank discovers hippie steaks? The more demand there is for happy cows the more people will make them. The only thing better is meat you killed yourself.
>>
>>35667992
>Why is the fault of the corporations who commit atrocious animal cruelty fall upon me?

You create demand.

>I'll do my part to reduce my foot print and all, with recycling, saving power, etc., but at the end of the day, it's mega conglomerates that waste the most energy and commit animal cruelty.

This has almost zero effect. Go get a v8, it won't fucking matter as long as you contribute to the worst industry regarding environmental destruction.

>You can let an animal live in comfort before slaughtering it and you can also harvest from it without being cruel, but corporations would rather keep a cow milking all her life and make the living conditions of all animals shit because it's cheaper.

You can't humanely kill a sentient being. It is unjustifiable.

>A few people in the world going vegan will NOT make a huge impact, what's needed is a reform of these companies.

All you can do is to go vegan yourself and create lesser demand for animal products. Our "movement" wouldn't grow if everybody had your mindset.

>Also, honestly, a huge chunk of people really can't afford to go vegan. Vegetarian, maybe, but vegan, it's costly.

Vegetarianism is a good first step, but it is just as bad. The following video is about the milk industry since vegetarians mostly consume dairy products.
https://youtu.be/UcN7SGGoCNI?list=PLapFXMBeGeYA0KrRl0PCpcSSrH0bhLEoR

Furthermore being vegan is NOT expensive. You can be homeless and go vegan. Pasta, rice, bananas, potatoes are cheap as fuck.
Just add veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds and a b12 supp and you are good to.
You don't need fancy shit like Quinoa, Couscous, Avocados, fancy imported fruits etc.
>>
>>35665151
strawman/10

4th panel should say "no, because it's inferior. I want to train the best I must eat the best"
>>
>>35667835
>Calories needed to sustain and grow the best brain on the planet
vs
>Free labor

Do you see why this is a bad argument?
>>
>>35668167
or just not killing in the first place. You are conditioned...humans are not born with any instinct or desire to kill animals...You dont have to be an emasculated bitch, just against killing innocent animals....unless ofc you are stranded on a desert island or attacked, in which case il stamp the fuck out of an animal
>>
>>35665151
Meat is fuckin murder and you should rethink your life if you still eat it. There are huge vegan athletes out there. Even if some animals die harvesting crops that is not nearly as bad as the willful mass enslavement of farm animals. Fish is not nearly the same tier of cruelty as farm animals so don't feel as bad if you eat seafood. Mollusks are about as sentient as plants BTW. Pigs are smarter than dogs.
>>
>>35668064
Its from the CDC and you understand that this is about risks of death and not literally the 1:1 affect on your health, right? Its statistics man.
>>
>>35668208
You are why nobody likes vegans.
>>
File: fuel of civilization.png (171KB, 440x290px) Image search: [Google]
fuel of civilization.png
171KB, 440x290px
>>35668199

>meat is needed for its calories

It's not like the two food groups that exist are meat and green vegetables. Starchy foods have been the main caloric engine of human civilization for thousands of years.
>>
>>35668195
>can get all the proteins you can in meat
>without the cholesterol
>superior
huehue
The population is waking up gold$tein, you cant shill anymore. You had a fucking great run, and you still have arm dealers so just let this one go.
>>
>>35665151
The only reasons for veganism/vegetarianism I can get behind are the environmental ones. Even then I just think people should cut back on meat/animal products rather than cut them out completely.

I just want to get strong as fuck brah and a vegan diet doesn't support my goals at all.
>>
>>35668199
>i cant get calories unless its from a corpse.
>>
>>35668208
>unless ofc you are stranded on a desert island or attacked, in which case il stamp the fuck out of an animal
I'd put my money on the animal in that fight mr. emasculated bitch.
>>
>>35665151
Vegans have lower test. You need animal fat in your diet for adequate test production.
>>
>>35668234
ok

>>35668274
do what you want :v
>>
>>35668191
Could your fedora be any more tipped?
>>
>>35668027
This. Couldn't have said it better.
>>35668199
Meat was necessary because it is calorically dense, not because it is magical.
Today you can get 1000 bananas and tons of rice if you want to.
>>
>>35668290
no they dont
>>35668306
you need to respond properly if you wanted to be serious.
>>
>>35665260
>Shane Mosley was full vegan and never on roids.
shane Was busted for roids, this is bait?
>>
>>35668255
>Dietary cholesterol
>bad
>>
>>35668306
could yours?
BACK THE FUCK OFF!?
>>
>>35668306
I am german, I didn't learn 4chan english in school... not everybody is american
>>
>>35668341
do you want to go down this road anon? I can post more studies, from better credentials, from all of the hierarchy of evidence. Yes i know there are studies which suggest it isnt bad...but if you critically evaluate them then you will find dietary cholesterol is linked to our biggest killers.
>>
what if i just like murder?
>>
>>35668080
>They make a lot, they buy off scientists, they buy advertisment spaces fucking everywhere just to make sure you see the products every single day from day 1, meanwhile the camps are hidden away and every effort is taken to hide them.

youre making me consider veganism... i have been shilled too all my fucking life, does this make me a cuck?
>>
>>35665151
>squat
>curl
>bench
what is this shit
where is diddylift
>>
>>35668377
It's linked because those studies include people who eat lots of PROCESSED animal products. People in France eat a shitload of fat, butter, cream, fatty meat but are healthy because they 1)also consume lots of vegetables 2)their food is relatively natural. Low fat diets were always a meme.
>>
>>35668090
What the fuck
>mfw dumbasses will believe this and not feed their cats and dogs meat
Poor pets, ;__; stupid retarded vegans
>>
>>35668444

>It's linked because those studies include people who eat lots of PROCESSED animal products

Baseless excuse

>People in France eat a shitload of fat, butter, cream, fatty meat but are healthy because they 1)also consume lots of vegetables 2)their food is relatively natural.

Not actually true

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-explains-the-french-paradox/
>>
>>35665151
I don't give a shit about animals.
>>
>>35668479
>doesnt refute anything in the video.
>>
>>35668493
at least you fucking admit it.
>>
>>35668444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N7Sk1ZRohU
>>
>>35668482
I'm not going to watch your gay video, I'd rather just use common sense. People in the past were healthier and they used to consume a shitload of fat and cholesterol. Heart disease in western countries coincides with increased amount of sugar and processed foods, people have been eating much less fat since the 80s and it has done nothing to reduce heart disease. Testosterone levels in men have been falling since the 80s though, I wonder why that is.
>>
>>35668493
so you feel no emotion if people started kicking dogs infront of you? or are you just being an edgy online teenager
>>
Get into hunting. There is nothing more human than killing an animal and feasting on its flesh. When you eat meat and pump iron its strength becomes yours. Before we learned farming we were hunter/gatherers, and those people had far healthier diets than the peasants toiling in the fields who came after them. Do you want to be strong the way humans were meant to be or do you want to eat lentils and have to take dietary supplements like that douche with bleached hair and waxed nipples?
>>
File: goatface.png (410KB, 415x438px) Image search: [Google]
goatface.png
410KB, 415x438px
>>35668576

>I'd rather just use common sense

When your common sense is a rose-tinted view of "the good old days" and some made-up history, you should probably ignore it
>>
>>35668576
>People in the past were healthier

People are now living longer than they ever have in history. It's actually a huge problem in case you hadn't noticed.
>>
>>35668576
>im not going to look at evidence
>im going to make claims and not look at the bigger picture

do what you want mate, i wish you the best, but some of here are trying to have a serious debate. It has to work both ways so go to another thread.
>>
>>35668614
Goats are delicious. Their cheese is too.
>>
>>35668599
>nothing more human than killing an animal
>children without been corrupted by society, culture and authority figures do not want to kill animals and more often than not are fascinated by them
ok
>>
>>35668599
>when you eat meat and pump iron its strength becomes yours
BROSCIENCE ALERT

also hunter gatherers did not eat as much animals as you think...
>>
>>35665151
I agree that animal cruelty is out of hand.
Animals are the cruellest things in the world and should be confined to stop them committing the heinous acts written into their nature, and also they should get eaten to ensure that the farms don't get overcrowded.
>>
>>35668657
There is no corruption by society, culture, and authority figures, it's all in your head. You're just one of those losers who has to feel like they're fighting against some imaginary evil to give their lives purpose.
>>
>>35668688
>can't even detect facetiousness
Vegans, everyone.
>>
>>35668535

French Eskimos?
Are you just posting random responses to things you didn't even read? C'mon, dude. Get your shit together, it was only 47 words. It's not like it's a 8+ min video or something.
>>
File: 1446384389268.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1446384389268.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>35668493
This. We have humans starving all over the fucking place, literal death camps in North Korea, constant ideological warfare in the Middle East and I'm supposed to be uncomfortable with the fact that a cow was bred to be eaten? Fuck that noise.
>>
>>35668576

>people have been eating much less fat since the 80s

http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/default/files/nutrient_content_of_the_us_food_supply/KilocaloriesandMacronutrientsPerCapitaperDay1909-2010.xls

Fat consumption in 1920: 115g

Fat consumption in 1950: 139g

Fat consumption in 1980: 162g

Fat consumption in 2010: 190g
>>
>>35668657
The message I'm getting here is that vegans are the same as SJWs, anarchists, fat acceptance movement, feminists, /pol/, and all those other edgy "rebellious" faggots.
>>
>>35668614
Where am i wrong? The idea that fat is inherently bad is clearly bullshit. It's like how "experts" recommended that you eat margarine instead of butter because t has lower cholesterol, when it turns out that margarine is one of the worst things you can possibly eat.

Processed shit is bad. Natural food is good. This is the only thing that is absolutely certain.

>>35668617
Because of superior medicine mostly.

>>35668631
Only because I'm using an iPhone with poor internet connection and it was taking fucking ages and popups were annoying me.
>>
>>35668230

He is stating:
The cholesterol of an egg appears to cut a women life short just as much as smoking for 15 years.

What was in the actual report:
Women that eat more cholesterol/smoke more have a higher rate of mortality than women who don't***.

He is implying that eating an egg a day is just as bad as smoking 15 years, where in the actual report this link isn't made.

Full of shit imo
>>
>>35668800

>Where am i wrong? The idea that fat is inherently bad is clearly bullshit

For a start, fat in general being bad was never a scientific consensus and the US government never advocated a low fat diet. Saturated fats, sometimes referred to as "animal fats," and later trans fats, were identified as bad, and that's consensus today based on decades of research.

>Processed shit is bad. Natural food is good. This is the only thing that is absolutely certain.

In general, but you can't claim that for everything. Doing so would be fallacious. Saturated fats for example are perfectly natural, but not healthy.
>>
>>35668761
Yet I'm sure I could find a study that posits the exact opposite. People in the past ate shit loads of eggs, drank whole milk, ate organ meats (fatty), never cut the fat of their steaks, cooked with butter and lard, etc etc, they never worried about their diet. The low fat stuff took off in the 80's and yet rates of heart disease have only increased, what's funnier is that the low fat fad hit Anglo countries far more than European countries, yet Anglo countries have higher rates of obesity and heart disease.

Eat a wide variety of natural food, avoid sugar, don't stuff your face (portion sizes in Anglo countries are far too big) This is all you need to do to be healthy, not cut out entire food groups.
>>
>>35668702
>denying kids dont want to kill animals
>>
>>35668727
eskimos dont eat processed meat, its valid senpai
>>
>>35668753
>there is more than 1 problem on the planet
> i can do something about 1 of them easily
no.

>>35668798
why? If you think advertisements, and hiding away reality from people isnt a thing and that nobody is making huge profits from animal agriculture then you are not informed.
>>
>>35668800
fair enough i guess, fuck browsing this site on a phone though senpai
>>
>>35669004
>i can do something about 1 of them easily
Lost me a little. Are you saying convincing the entirety of humanity to stop eating meat is easy?
>>
>>35668936

>Yet I'm sure I could find a study that posits the exact opposite.

Well that's data from the CDC, so good luck.

>People in the past ate shit loads of eggs, drank whole milk, ate organ meats (fatty), never cut the fat of their steaks, cooked with butter and lard, etc etc

Here's the problem, you have a made up view of the past. The things you believe aren't real. You maybe watched a movie or read a story somewhere that gave you the impression that everyone in the past ate like lard-loving kings and suffered no health effects from it, and you just rolled with that idea.

>The low fat stuff took off in the 80's and yet rates of heart disease have only increased, what's funnier is that the low fat fad hit Anglo countries far more than European countries, yet Anglo countries have higher rates of obesity and heart disease.

As we can see, "low fat" never caught on. If anyone bought low fat food products, they ate them in addition to their usual fatty diets.
>>
>>35668798
>if it goes against what ive been told then they must be making non issues like SJW, SENPAI, 3rd wave feminists and /pol/

climate change, billions of deaths of human and nnon human animals for no reason, human chronic illness, denying our true nature so somebody can make money... these are real problems which you can do something about
>>
>>35669048
sorry, the I was referring to YOU, You can do something about it easily.
>>
>>35667835
>not wanting to bring back slavery
certainly was better when the niggers tended to the cotton fields instead of shitting up the streets and cities
>>
>>35669064
wtf since when was that filtered... freedom of speech died when moot left huh
>>
File: 1409797190741.jpg (6KB, 167x144px) Image search: [Google]
1409797190741.jpg
6KB, 167x144px
>>35666332
>raping dairy cows
>>
>>35669058
No, I don't. Traditional diets included a lot of animal fat. I live in the UK, people here used to eat something called "beef dripping", look it up. I doubt America was much different. What did people eat then? Low fat yoghurt and celery sticks? Ask your grandparents what they ate in the past.
>>
>>35665414
>>35666260
>>35667566

this shit is just stupid
>hurr i made a funny meme and that means it's true lool

>i saw this vegan on the interwebz and he told this one guy he's vegan like 3 times. LOL! Typical vegan amirite? xD

I think i'll try veganism
>>
>>35669097
I find the wordfilters quite amusing baka desu senpai
>>
Here is a link to a page which has lots of links to studies showing low fat is bullshit
http://authoritynutrition.com/7-ways-the-low-fat-diet-destroys-your-health/

Why should I believe your studies and not these studies? Especially when you are bias since you don't consume animal products for ethical reasons.
>>
>>35669180
you do know most vegans were not raised vegan right?
>>
>>35669133

>What did people eat then?

What they could afford. Potatoes, bread, beans, vegetables, some dairy, and occasionally meat. If you were rich, you could afford more of the fatty foods, and then you'd suffer from what were known as "diseases of affluence" like obesity, gout, and heart disease.

It sounds like this website doesn't work for you on your phone, but for anyone else watching, here's a related video about the mediterranean diet

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-was-heart-disease-rare-in-the-mediterranean/
>>
>>35665260
>>35665282
Vegans and their roiding idols never stop making me laugh
>>
>>35669137
good for you bro, just make sure you are getting the right foods in...will be weird for the first 2 weeks but stick with it and i cant speak for everyone here, but the idea of eating dead animals again is disgusting to me
>>
>>35669267
Yes. But the main reason people become vegan is for ethical reasons, not health reasons.
>>
>>35666786
>I'm no longer trolling, genuinely trying to understand how these countries starve to death.

something like this
>farmers make food and live off it
>other people make other things and trade them for food with the farmers

>other people multiply in numbers
>cant afford enough food for all of them
>starve to death

in the west, agriculture has been improving due to technology and industrialisation, so it kept up with increasing demand. but niggers in africa can't into industry. hell, most of them can't even manage to form a long-term stable nation that doesnt succumb to ethnic and religious unrest all the time. things like corruption and inefficient governments dont particularly help with industrialisation either.

tl;dr niggers cant into civilisation
>>
>>35665282
Was already strong when he became a vegan.
>>
>>35669318
meat eaters have roiding role models as well right?
>>
>>35669180

>Why should I believe your studies and not these studies?

If you're talking to me, not sure what studies you're referring to. And the first point I have to stress again is that the US guidelines never recommended a low-fat diet, just a low saturated fat diet. The AHA even states this flat-out

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyEating/Frequently-Asked-Questions-About-Saturated-Fats_UCM_463756_Article.jsp#.Vp1QB5RrVEI

>Does the American Heart Association recommend a low-fat diet?
>No. The American Heart Association recommends a healthy dietary pattern, with between 25-35 percent of total calories from fats. That is considered a moderate-fat diet. Saturated and trans fats should be replaced with healthier fats, such as poly and mono-unsaturated fats.

The US guidelines recommend 30% as well.

The article is trying to make a big point of Americans being unhealthy after adopting a low-fat diet, but we already saw this isn't true.
>>
>>35667989
>I challenge them to watch "earthlings" till the end.
>Only psychopaths wouldn't care after they have seen all this footage.

only bitchboi cucks think that easily falling for emotional propaganda is some sort of virtue
>>
>>35669347
>didnt become weaker
>>
>>35669288
I'm not talking about medieval times. Your grandparents would have eaten far more animal products than that if you come from a western country, their parents too. Rich people ate far more sugar than the rest of the population. That's far more likely to be the reason for increased incidence of those things.

There is simply much more reason to think that processed food and sugar is the cause of lifestyle related diseases rather than natural animal fats we literally evolved to eat.
>>
>>35669401
>im alfa cuz i lack empathy and compassion
>>
>>35669395
The article also points to studies indicating that saturated fat isn't bad for you.
>>
>>35669424
>empathy and compassion
caring about what whiny bitches want is just weakness, plain and simple. sucks to be you.
>>
>>35669288
From 1600 and up until recent times the staple in my country's diet was fish. Fish, rye and vegetables was always on the table. When all the rye was eaten people relied on fish. Everything is relative, anon.
>>
>>35669408
Give me an example of someone who was a vegan before lifting and is strong as fuck.
>>
>>35669424
>My life is dictated by my emotions
Are you a grill by chance?
>>
>>35669440

And here's a video that will show you why the reference he used to make that claim is bunk. The guy is a quack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Tx9dCbv-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wi9dzkTiU4
>>
>>35668239
>human civilization
>civilization

>north, central and south america
>africa
>middle east
>asia

savages, thoroughly fucked by the one and only civilization in every orifice they had. and in the end of it, the product of that one true civilization is you, spitting on the graves of your forefathers and willingly sucking the dirty unwashed dicks

absolutely fucking disgusting
>>
>>35669423

>I'm not talking about medieval times

Neither am I, that's just how most peoples' diets looked for a very long time. You got your veggies, your grains, your root vegetables, your legumes, some meats that you eat less frequently, and if you're European you've got some cheeses to flavor a meal. The average person wasn't eating sausages all day and frying everything in butter.

>There is simply much more reason to think that processed food and sugar is the cause of lifestyle related diseases rather than natural animal fats we literally evolved to eat.

"The cause" isn't the right way to phrase it. Processed foods and processed sugars are terrible, and a cause of today's health problems, alongside high consumption of animal fats that we obviously didn't "evolve to eat" because they do in fact contribute to so many health problems
>>
>>35669516
Man I'm white but I'd love to know how people end up with superiority complexes like this based on perceived ancestry. Thanks /pol/!
>>
>>35669347
He was 5 years vegetarian before...
>>35669389
everybody roids, what fantasy world do you live in?
>>
>>35669423
>There is simply much more reason to think that processed food and sugar is the cause of lifestyle related diseases rather than natural animal fats we literally evolved to eat.
>sugar
lost me there
>>
>>35669482
There are literally tons of people now saying saturated fats aren't bad, it's not one "quack".
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/saturated-fats-in-meat-and-dairy-produce-not-as-bad-for-health-as-previously-thought-study-finds-10450663.html

You have a vested interest in believing otherwise because of your ethical beliefs.
>>
>>35665151
Here's my argument: I DO NOT CARE about animal suffering. Why the fuck would inconvenience myself and deprive myself of delicious food?
>b-but muh animal suffering
I bet you're going to vote for Bernie Sanders too, you fucking cuckold.
>>
>>35669444
>>35669474
literally proving me right, you are doing this out of emotion right now you insecure boys

>>35669464
why do i need to? The fact he is still strong is proof enough. Plus world class strength athletes are already minuscule, and vegans as well at the moment. I dont get this
>>
>>35669535
We evolved to eat animals, and so animal fat.
>>
>>35669657
>linking an article
brosience at its finest... let me guess, youe biggest role model is jason blaha?
>>
>>35669659
there is no argument in your post, you just try and prove your manliness by trying to be a drone.
>>
>>35669715
we evolved to eat animals...then why do we have more traits in common with herbivores? Why dont we have an instinct to kill animals?
>>
>>35669655
Cutting out entire food groups is stupid. Just cut out processed shit, and eat a lot of vegetables, eat as natural as possible. Anything else is a bullshit fad.
>>
>>35669762
its stupid cus i aint ever done it before

FUCKING STREET SIGNS, IM CLICKING THE FUCKING STREET SIGNS
>>
>>35669723
There are tons of people saying saturated fats are not bad and the idea they were was based on bad science. It isn't one quack, though obviously you have a vested interest in believing so because of a need to legitimise your faddy, unnatural diet.
>>
>>35669659
>>35669474
VID RELATED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkLwRxnuHs0
>>
I really hope animals don't feel pain like people because Planet Earth shows that nature is cruel as fuck.
>>
>>35665765
It is, I suppose. My assumption is that someone wants to eat meat but finds cruelty unethical, in which case not eating meat would be unnecessary compared to supporting ethical producers.

It alsl has the added effect of marginally shifting market share toward ethical meat producers, whereas purchasing no meat or animal products will just reduce market size while not really have a significant effect on the profits of ethical vs nonethical production by comparison (you can give -1 or 0 dollars to nonethical and 1 dollar to ethical, or -1 or 0 to both).

You are right though. Not participating is voting with your wallet. I was mistaken.

>>35666982
The land/resource usage is a fair point, and maybe reduction or substitution of certain meat products is a necessary goal (insect protein, lab grown meat? something will come along, at some point).

The fact is, at least as far as I understand it, some amino acids can only be gotten from meat or supplements/dietary combinations that would be unavailable/prohibitively expensive in large parts of the world.

Moreover, many animal food products are extremely nutrient dense. Milk is a powerful example.

I think reducing consumption and sustainable husbandry is important and worth probing. I also think we need to be cautious about the whole "eat like our ancestors argument." Our diet is adaptive. Settled farmers ate one diet, and hunter-gatherers ate yet another diet, and there are many shades of diet within those two categories that vary wildly in time and space. Our diet now may be a worse diet, or it may be a better diet. Our past diet can and should inform us, but assuming it to be better because it is in the past is fallacious.
>>
>>35669756
Humans have always hunted and fished, in every single society ever known. This isn't up for debate. Vegetarianism has only ever come about for ethical reasons (Buddhism etc).
>>
File: m_07050_gr1[1].jpg (28KB, 520x368px) Image search: [Google]
m_07050_gr1[1].jpg
28KB, 520x368px
>>35669657

>There are literally tons of people now saying saturated fats aren't bad, it's not one "quack".

Welcome to the world of science deniers

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denialism

>http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/saturated-fats-in-meat-and-dairy-produce-not-as-bad-for-health-as-previously-thought-study-finds-10450663.html

This also isn't what you might think it is. This isn't this news outlet going "this is what we believe," they're reporting on a study that's likely to get attention and give them views. The study in question uses mostly the same studies described in this study here >>35669482 and even the authors of the study don't agree that it should be taken to mean that saturated fats aren't harmful. Here's the lead author in a more recently published study advocating for the decreased consumption of saturated fats and red meats

http://content.onlinejacc.org/article.aspx?articleid=2445321

You'll find plenty of bloggers and news articles reporting on pro fat papers because that gathers views. No group of scientists who have an expertise in nutrition or health have doubts about saturated fat though.
>>
>>35665151
The difference is that going vegan won't personally benefit you, whereas lifting will. There's supposed health benefits, but even if you show people the science, they will still be too skeptical to change.
>>
>>35668945
They are kids. Why are you listening to kids? Do you unironically belive that if the world was run by children we would be better off?
>>
>>35666559
But How can we, as consumers, stop industrial farming if not by avoiding meat? Sure, there are labels you can follow like "cage free", but those terms are pretty loosely defined. Further, I'm skeptical that we can satisfy the current demand the US has for meat without industrial farming. It seems like collectively cutting back out meat intake is unavoidable if we want to cut down on factory farming
>>
>>35669842
you didnt reply to me...and no they didnt, they were forced too.
>>
>>35669875
Do not straw man me.
I never said that.
If you cant understand the concept of what iam saying then i dont see how me explaining it to you will help you.
>>
When someone developes a plant based replacement for soy that doesn't increase estrogen and inhibit test production I'll reconsider veganism. Currently a vegan diet without soy isn't sustainible, but a vegan diet with regular soy consumption is like steroids on opposite day.

Maybe if bugs become popular enough to be found in the grocery store I'll ride that train for a while. At least until the inevitable "eating bugs is murder" movement.
>>
>>35669946
>taking social and moral cues from observing children
>gets called out for an idiotic practice
> "never respond to me idiot!"
>>
>>35665151

I'm an omnivore.

So, nah.
>>
File: 1268032317490.jpg (87KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
1268032317490.jpg
87KB, 510x430px
>>35665151

>killing animals is wrong

>killing plants is ok

explain this logic, vegan faggots.
>>
>>35670080
>When someone developes a plant based replacement for soy that doesn't increase estrogen and inhibit test production I'll reconsider veganism. Currently a vegan diet without soy isn't sustainible, but a vegan diet with regular soy consumption is like steroids on opposite day.
Soy increasing estrogen levels is a brosience myth. Soy not sustainable? The soy you are thinking about is grown for animal agriculture. The tofu I buy is from austria (eurofag) but I dont like soy tho...there are literally thousands of alternatives.
>Maybe if bugs become popular enough to be found in the grocery store I'll ride that train for a while. At least until the inevitable "eating bugs is murder" movement.
wat
>>
>>35669904
Lol, no. Hunting was celebrated and huge part of culture. And you think cavemen gave a shit about where they got their energy? Of course they hunted, humanity would not have made it if it were not for meat consumption. We don't have a direct instinct to kill animals because we live far removed from our natural state and our instincts are largely conditioned out of us/subverted.
>>
>>35665151
I would eat people if it wasn't for the potential neurological diseases. Good luck convincing me not to eat chicken.
>>
>>35670080
Would eating bugs be sustainable? I know there's trillions of them, but each human would have to consume hundreds per day. Could we make cockroaches and mosquitoes go extinct if we simply trapped and consumed them?
>>
>>35670203

Farm them.
>>
>>35670160
I meant that trying to eat vegan while avoiding eating soy isn't realistic.
>>
>>35670203
why not just eat whole foods? eating plants is sustainable if we don't feed livestock
>>
>>35667999

>too expensive

Now what?
>>
>>35668945
Kids aren't perfect specimens reflective of human nature. They're kids. They don't want to have sex, so is asexuality our natural way?
>>
>>35670220
Why would you want to avoid it? And you can, I don't plan on anymore and many vegans avoid soy because they don't like meat substitutes and there is no need for soy.
>>
>>35670203
Super fast to breed though. Bug farms have potential. More crickets and ants than mozzies and cockroaches. Some bugs have amazing protein content.
>>
>>35670220

Soy is one of dozens of common beans
>>
>>35670267
I would avoid it because soy is loaded with isoflavones which the body uses as an alternative to estrogen. It's admittedly a small effect but verifiably non zero.
>>
>>35670365
But the closest one to provide a suitable replacement to meat.
>>
>>35667999
>Don't use plastic
Nigguh wut
>>
File: sam-kinison-world-hunger.png (393KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
sam-kinison-world-hunger.png
393KB, 640x464px
>>35666548
>you directly contribute to starvation in third world countries.
>>
>>35667847

You are mistaking sentience for consciousness. Sentience is a living thing's ability to feel and percieve. Plants have this ability. They experience stress which can stunt their growth. They can react to animals eating them by releasing toxins to defend themselves. They will move themselves closer to the sun if they're planted in the shade. Vines will even send out a tendril to feel for a place it can grab. They adapt to their surroundings in a hope to survive. That will to survive is sentience.
>>
>>35667999
>Vegan cat food
This kills the cat
>>
>>35665260
>never on steroids
http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3041449
>>
>>35666548
Western countries already produce a massive surplus of all kinds of foods.
>>
>>35670453
They clearly posted that on their vegan glass computer.
>>
>>35668506
>Video doesn't provide any sources other than redirecting her her blog
>Her blog provides no sources
>>
>>35666631
>German

Your country is literally getting torn apart by sandniggers right now and all you care about is animals?
>>
>>35670589
Idgaf about Germany...moving to Brisbane after uni
>>
>>35665583
Not sure if b8, if not this is what most people believe which is completely wrong.
>>
File: 20160118_152444.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_152444.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
dinner was good
>>
>>35670927
Shit m8 that looks outstanding.
>>
>>35670474
Would you say that germs and mold are sentient as well then? By that logic you could even call sperm sentient as it's doing everything it can to survive once out of your body.
>>
>>35665151
Ethics are arbitrary. As long as it's legal I don't give a shit about you, nor your retarded beliefs. I swear man, vegans are the new atheists.
>>
>>35670971
>As long as it's legal I don't give a shit about you, nor your retarded beliefs.
If it became legal to rape your anus with a dildo would you complain? If so why? I mean it's legal, why would you complain?
>>
>>35665151
Humans are nopt meant to be vegan
>just because teeth science appeal to nature fallacy you aren't a lion why don't you eat your food raw? HUMANS ARE STARCHAVORES!

If humans are meant to be vegans, why do vegans need B12 injections?
>>
>>35671017
>oh yeah bb fuk me hard

Your example is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>35668753
>literal death camps in North Korea
Kim Jong Un shut them down and literally executed the people responsible for them.
>>
>>35668936
>Yet I'm sure I could find a study that posits the exact opposite.
I'm sure i could find a study that proves you're a faggot who like to rape little boys. I won't though, because that would involve me proving my bullshit opinions against actual evidence. and evidence is sexist.
>>
>>35671105
Read Escape From Camp 14 and educate yourself
>>
>>35671052
>implying non vegans are the epitome of health and don't have any deficiencies
>>35671089
So you would be okay with having your anus raped as long as it's legal?
>>
>>35666548
>>35666548
>Furthermore it drives the prices of grains etc. up in these regions.
You know what did drive up prices of grain? Quinoa being popularized in the west has made it impossible for the traditional eaters of Quinoa to afford to eat it. thank's vegans!
>>
File: 1450783582806.png (50KB, 753x689px) Image search: [Google]
1450783582806.png
50KB, 753x689px
>>35670960
thanks brah. it's the second time I've grilled steak
>>
>>35671052
b12 is bacterial mate, it is found in the ground. on plants and in "untouched" water... animals get supplemented with that shit too
>>
>>35671150
The original, or the revision where he changes a lot of the details? where multiple people have called him "an unreliable narrator"? the biography that has literally no proof for any of it;s claims?

regardless, this was before Un, Il was a nut but Un shut them down and executed the generals involved in their existence, this would be like somebody claiming Germany still had death camps in the 60's
>>
>>35671234
>"untouched" water
lel
>>
>>35670969

Well that's the question isn't it? At what level does sentience begin and end? Is it just complex multicellular organisms that are sentient? Plants show sentience but they don't show the ability to think or reason.
>>
>>35671158
I just said your example was bad. If ass fucking comes to mind when you engage in a discussion about meat, you should search for a dude on CL or something.
>>
>>35665151
Fuck animals, they would eat me if they could
>>
File: 1443154475494.jpg (19KB, 382x382px) Image search: [Google]
1443154475494.jpg
19KB, 382x382px
>>35665436
>feel the bern
I dont think so
>>
>>35665317
at work holding back keks trying to look like im working and not on a rajeeshian deodorant industry sabotage planner
>>
>>35665469
Woah
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.