[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been trying to lose weight recently, and I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1348338464992.jpg (52KB, 731x608px) Image search: [Google]
1348338464992.jpg
52KB, 731x608px
So I've been trying to lose weight recently, and I know exactly the right procedure to do thanks to the sticky here.

Anyway, my mom is kind of a nut (I'm 18 but living at home), and she took me to this doctor and he did some sort of testing with this Asyra bio scanning machine. Basically I just held on to these metal poles in each hand, and the machine electronically checked which imbalances I have in my body. I've since looked up the machine, and it's insanely expensive and more than likely legit.

The problem is that this guy started trying to sell me an insane amount of liquids and homeopathic shit. I really have no idea but apparently, this machine of his was able to infuse these bottles with some sort of specialized treatment.

So basically, is anyone on here experienced to know what the fuck this guy was doing? We ended up not buying anything, but he was fucking adamant on selling us shit. Very sketchy.

He also employed a host of subtle fear-mongering techniques... for example saying that we all have a virus in our stomachs or something, and that it has to be treated ASAP with his expensive liquid.

Wtf
>>
From wikipedia:
"Lacking any scientific explanation of how bioresonance therapy might work, researchers have classified bioresonance therapy as pseudoscience.[6] Scientific studies did not show effects above that of the placebo effect.[7][8]

WebMD states: "There is no reliable scientific evidence that bioresonance is an accurate indicator of medical conditions or disease or an effective treatment for any condition."[9]

Proven cases of online fraud have occurred,[10] with a practitioner making false claims that he had the ability to cure cancer, and that his clients did not need to follow the chemotherapy or surgery recommended by medical doctors, which can be life-saving. Ben Goldacre ridiculed the BBC when it reported as fact a clinic's claim that the treatment had the ability to stop 70% of clients smoking, a better result than any conventional therapy.[11]

In the United States of America the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies "devices that use resistance measurements to diagnose and treat various diseases" as Class III devices, which require FDA approval prior to marketing. The FDA has banned some of these devices from the US market,[12] and has prosecuted many sellers of electrical devices for making false claims of health benefits.[13]

According to Quackwatch the therapy is completely senseless and the proposed mechanism of action impossible.[4]"
>>
>>35580518
so basically, this "doctor" (hes a chiropractor) is one step below a scam artist? Funny.

I at least thought he had good intention. He probably makes a ton of dough off the placebo effect
>>
>>35580428
>>35580518
Sounds like a load of bullshit. Just eat less and you will see results in time. Ignore haters.
>>
>>35580678
Thanks anon.
Do you have any tips for someone struggling with late night eating? I know that the time you eat doesnt matter, but I eat 3 good meals and then always overeat at night. Its kind of an addiction/extremely bad habit and I need to cut it out stat.
>>
File: HitlerStalinGuilty.png (603KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
HitlerStalinGuilty.png
603KB, 1024x672px
>>35580428
>I've since looked up the machine, and it's insanely expensive and more than likely legit.
you are more than likely retarded.
>>
>>35580428
alternative medicine is bullshit
read up on exactly what the medicine does from independent sources and you'll see that it doesn't prove anything

don't listen to your mom when it comes to health and science if you end up in a conflict over anything, if she took you there she is gullible and cares about you at best, dumb and reluctant to see you learn stuff for yourself at worst.

Keep reading, staying informed will keep you from getting scammed by charlatans such as the one who did your "scan"
>>
>>35580777
checked
>>
>>35580709
Try drinking a glass of water instead. In some cases people just mistake the feeling of hunger for being thirsty. The cravings will taper off after your body gets used to eating less.
>>
>>35580428
your mom took you to a scientologist
>>
>>35580709
buy powdered oatmeal or any supp with oatmeal in it and the hunger goes away instantly

oats feel u so full
>>
>>35580960
Well mostly I've been eating 20-30 bananas a day and not much else so idk. We literally only have bananas in the house
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.