[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you enjoy squating? I mean, I have no doubt is the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 16

File: higher-jump-squat-main-new[1].jpg (27KB, 594x526px) Image search: [Google]
higher-jump-squat-main-new[1].jpg
27KB, 594x526px
How can you enjoy squating? I mean, I have no doubt is the most based excercise and I will do it properly every fucking workout, but I'm always glad it's over when I finish my last set. How can I enjoy it?
>>
Wear a costume when doing them
>>
>>35559785
Dont do lowbar squat like faggot in pic related
>>
>>35559785
I do it because I enjoy being glad they're over. Doing heavy squats should take like 20 minutes including 3 minute rest periods. You get to spend the next two days feeling good about them though
>>
its probably the toughest exercise i do considering i do 3 sets of squats while only one set of dls. im glad too when i finish my last set.

its the exercise i put the most work into learning and i find the strength gains in it to be extremely rewarding. that's probably why i enjoy it. i consider it my favorite excercise.

>>35559802
kill you're are self

>>35559817
>tfw 3 minute rest isn't enough anymore and squats take forever
>>
idk if i really enjoy doing any lifts desu

but i fucking love watching my numbers go up, squats and diddlies especially
>>
i dunno how i feel about squating, but squats are alright.
>>
It's my favorite exercise.
I have genetically strong legs so it's where I shine. EVERY MONTH I LIFT 5kg MORE BABY IT FEELS GOOD (and I keep good form)
>>
>>35559785
I love them, I always remember that alfreds quote from batman about falling down and getting up and it hypes me up to finish my set.
>>
i dread it
fuckin shit sucks
deadlifts are better for leg development
just switch to sumo deads and see it by yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYuQOijliac&list=LLB3ieNLN1c1zU6Xb7eaJKZA&index=32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xASIYqSKHi0&list=LLB3ieNLN1c1zU6Xb7eaJKZA&index=21
>>
>>35559785
They're more enjoyable the stronger you get, shits cash when you've got 3pl8+ on the bar (providing you don't weight fucking 100kg).

Also that guy isn't even hitting depth 0/10
>>
>>35559902
>deadlifts are better for leg development
>just pull sumoi

Ahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Can't wait to see how fucked up your body is in a few years ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>35559845
Stats? 5kg a month is either not a lot or very much
>>
>>35559908
>Also that guy isn't even hitting depth 0/10
there's plenty of errors in his form, but he sure hits depth. don't be an atg memer.
>>
>>35559923
His hip crease isnt below knee cap, can you count that?
>>
>>35559923
You're an idiot. Depth is where the top of the hip joint goes below the top of the knee joint.

That picture is not depth

Also "AyyTeeGee" serves its purpose depending on your sport.
>>
>implying I don't skip leg day
The only leg training I get is through sprinting, my thighs are already huge as fuck so fuck resistance training and putting more muscles on it
>>
File: notevenasquat.jpg (45KB, 594x526px) Image search: [Google]
notevenasquat.jpg
45KB, 594x526px
>>35559923

See pic related and posts >>35559936
>>35559938

Found the faggot who quarter squats.
>>
>>35559785
Do it less.

I use to dread going to the m to do 3x5 squats, 3x a week. I'd get this awful feeling in my stomach and feel sick on every set. It was extremely hard and I ended up sacrificing form for reps. (Knee valgus)

Eventually I moved onto Madcow 5x5 as I got to 130kg on SS, from there it was smooth sailing, it was 1 set of 5 and 1 set of 3 and even had a Deload day so it was great.

I didn't wear a belt until about 140kg ish, but when I did put one on it felt even easier.
>>
>>35559936
the hip joint should be below the knee joint, and it is.
>>35559938
it is. atg is not a low bar squat cue at all. nearly everyone who thinks it is will have a buttwink while trying their atg.
>>35559950
you don't have to reply to post that, you could just upvote their posts to be quite honest with you family
>>
>>35559971
>I was wrong but now I have to stick to my guns to avoid humiliation
Lol'd. Your entire post is
>trust me guys, his hip crease is the below the knee joint
>some shitty atg strawman

Not even the SPF would white light this depth
>>
>>35559971
>the hip joint should be below the knee joint, and it is.

Are you blind? See this image again >>35559950. Explain to me how on Earth that is depth.

Also atg has nothing at all to do with low bar.

>you could just upvote their posts

oh here we go with the epim reddit maymays
>>
>>35559902
>Even with PERFECT form, where do we lose the squat? Our low back.

How do you just pull this shit out of your ass? where does this come from? How do you jsut say that squats aren't a lower back exercise?

>But guys with big legs squat. No, they just consistently and progressively train their lower body.

By squatting.... HOLY SH-

Title of the slide is "Pure Fact". Dear god my sides hahahaha.

And to top it off he leaves behind an advertisement.
>>
>>35559989
just kill yourself. i never did any of that.
>>35559992
that image is comparing the z-axis of two points that differ on the x-axis and y-axist in an image with a somewhat down-facing perspective.

also i never said atg had anything to do with lowbar.

all that last guy did was reply with "you should look at these replies". i don't see any reason to put the slightest bit of thought in a reply to him.
>>
>>35560023
>just kill yourself. i never did any of that.
Stage 3 of defeat; telling your opponent to go kill himself.

Ahahahaahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>35559817
>3 minute rest periods
Nigga, be a man and to 60-90s rest periods.

You're not a man if you can't rack up 10 tons of squat volume in 20 minutes.
>>
File: usapl-squat-depth.jpg (37KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
usapl-squat-depth.jpg
37KB, 600x372px
>>35560023
It's a shit angle, but you can still see it's not depth.

You do realise in powerlifting competition the judges are sat at a 90 degree angle to the lifter, and because of that the knee and hip joints will be at different position on the y-axis anyway?

But still I don't see how you can honestly say pic related depth and OP's depth are effectively the same. I think you're just trying to justify your inability to hit depth tbqhfam.
>>
>>35559917
If he's a intermediate lifter it's pretty decent. I have the same progression atm.
>>
>>35560053
Intermediate is a broad statement, it refers to a lifter who can squat 140kg and a lifter who can squat over 200kg...

10kg a month is normal progression for the 140kg squatter. Maybe less for the 200kg squatter, even if they are "intermediates".
>>
>>35559785
There is only one reason for SS style squats, and that's e-peen on the net. You don't need it for strength, you don't need it for aesthetics, you don't even need it for sports.

So, unless you want /fit/ to fap to you, just don't do it if you don't enjoy it. There are dozens of other leg exercises you can choose from.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (82KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
82KB, 600x580px
>>35560027
>if i can be obnoxious enough to get an insult i'm correct

>>35560051
>You do realise in powerlifting competition the judges are sat at a 90 degree angle to the lifter, and because of that the knee and hip joints will be at different position on the y-axis anyway?
yeah that's true but they have a perspective that doesn't differ on the z-axis, which we have in that pic.

im not saying those are the same, i think your pic is below minimum depth
>>
>>35560078
>i think your pic is below minimum depth
Ah, so you don't know what you're talking about? Okay.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw9biyOlODM

Depth is no joke in the IPF
>>
>>35559963
Same. Those last weeks on SS were terrifying.
>>
File: grinning lemon.gif (24KB, 270x220px) Image search: [Google]
grinning lemon.gif
24KB, 270x220px
>>35559785
yep, squats are my 2nd favorite exercise.

OHP > squats > barbell holds. top 3 for me.

>>35559817
>You get to spend the next two days feeling good about them though
>not doing heavy squats 3 times a week

lmao you delicate little bitch.
>>
File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>35560062
I'm only a 130 kg high bar squatter @ 72 kg tho
>>
File: usapl-squat-depth.jpg (48KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
usapl-squat-depth.jpg
48KB, 600x372px
>>35560078
The point that you've crossed on the hip joint isn't the top of the hip joint though, which is where depth is judged against the knee joint. That was the point of the second image.
It's technically past depth but as this anon showed >>35560090 ipf judges just red light anything that's not blatantly to depth.
>>
>>35560078
lol by that pic alone i can tell you are DYEL
>>
File: red flag for depth.png (321KB, 424x345px) Image search: [Google]
red flag for depth.png
321KB, 424x345px
>>35560090
that red flag is incredible, even using the crease as a cue
>>35560113
there's still a distance to go on that pic tho
>>
If I'm having a good day I love squats
If I'm having a bad day they absolutely terrify me

OHP terrifies me no matter what, though. Fuck that lift.
>>
File: usapl-squat-depth.jpg (48KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
usapl-squat-depth.jpg
48KB, 600x372px
>>35560145
What? I moved the arrow across, shits bang on.
>>
File: distance.png (5KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
distance.png
5KB, 600x449px
>>35560160
are you kidding me or?
>>
>>35560175
Hip crease has to be below

In practise there is no way you are hitting bare minimum depth ecerytime, you're most likely not hitting depth.
>>
>>35560175
REEEEEEEEEE
Must be getting trolled now.

In competition if you're not CONVINCINGLY hitting depth you'll get a red light. If you're cutting it super close, you'll likely get red lighted. Therefore that is an appropriate depth to aim for in competition.
>>
>>35559902
>that second video

jeezus
>>
>>35560199
>>35560211
>2016
>squatting past knee joint to hip crease distance is lim->0

jokes aside i get it though
>>
>>35560097
You're retarded
>>
Honest question; why do people hype up squats so much? "It's the king of all exercises", "most based workout" etc.

It works what, quads a lot and core a bit? I just don't get it. Deadlifts give you much more core gain, and it gives you sexy forearms and traps aswell.
What am I missing here brehs
>>
front squats are FUN
back squats a SHIT
>>
>>35559785
maybe lower your weight a little bit?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-14-21-40.png (392KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-14-21-40.png
392KB, 540x960px
>>35560097
Squats are life.

Fucking squat every workout. 80% each time.

fuck you all, you pansies.
>>
>>35561160
Its just a meme. No one actually says shit like "squats are the king of all exercises" IRL. At least no one that's been lifting for more than a year & knows what they're doing. Yeah they're important but so is other shit.
>>
>>35561160
You wot m8.

Hamstrings and Glutes just to get out of the hole.

Back and Abdominals throughout the entire rep, to stabilize.

Quads as you unrack and bring it down and preform the negative portion of the rep

And traps to just hold the barbell in place and keep it from wobbling to one side or the other.

Negro u wot.
>>
>>35559785
Yeah I'm the same. I understand their importance but I really hate doing them, the main thing I dislike is that you constantly have to question when you squat down whether you will be able to go back up again. I think that's what I hate about them, now I'm moving to a less squat intensive program hopefully I will mind them less.
>>35560043
can't be bothered finding it but I've read studies saying that 3-5 minute is the ideal resting time for muscle development so i always do 3
>>
>>35561160
They go hand in hand with deadlifts, if your squat goes up, your deadlift will. Personally I'd say they're more effective for working out your lower body than deadlifts.
Plus they don't fuck your CNS as much as diddies do either so you can do much more volume.

Also this guy was right >>35561217 though I definitely wouldn't say it works your traps.
>>
Because squatting 4pl8 ATG for reps gets mires from everyone in the gym.
>>
>>35560043
It depends on your goals.
60-90: Hypertrophy
120-300: Strength

Obviously anything in between and your reps wont count. Just like doing 6 or 7 reps in a set.
>>
>>35561217
>Hamstrings and Glutes just to get out of the hole.
>Quads as you unrack and bring it down and preform the negative portion of the rep
Stay retarded, /fit/.
>>
File: 1452116386476.jpg (66KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
1452116386476.jpg
66KB, 500x521px
Last time I did squats I ended up with lower back pain, a bit on the left side.

I think it's my own fault in that I think the bar was positioned low-bar but my spine was sort of upright as if I was doing a high-bar squat.

Either way, it scared me and I don't really want to do squats anymore since I'm clearly too dumb to keep proper squat form and not injure myself.
>>
>>35561494
Probably hyper-extended your back, like all the Rippletits tards do.

Keep a straight back (not rounded, nor arched) and go only as low as you can while keeping a straight back (forget the parallel meme).
>>
File: thumb_COLOURBOX3093420.jpg (16KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_COLOURBOX3093420.jpg
16KB, 320x212px
>>35561518

That's likely it.

Someone on /fit/ said that you should push your chest out shoulders back (arching your back?) while doing deadlifts. So I figured that maybe a [slight arching, puffing chest out, shoulders back] form would be safer for the squat too.

My plan backfired
>>
>>35561568
STAHHHPPP

Keep your chest up yes, and keep your shoulders back, but DO NOT arch your back. You do those things while keeping a neutral back.
>>
File: me cry1.jpg (482KB, 2665x1787px) Image search: [Google]
me cry1.jpg
482KB, 2665x1787px
>>35561494
>Last time I did squats I ended up with lower back pain, a bit on the left side.
Me except high bar.
Hope I can DL tomorrow.
>>
>>35561568
You are learning padawan.

Imagine it this way.

When you arch during a deadlift, the top of that attach is being pulled on in the direction of the curve: towards the ground/abs . So like a parenthesis

(

As you pull on the bar it automatically straightens out due to the weight but also your contraction of your muscles trying to keep your back at a relatively constant form.

<- \
V \
because of the weight. We arch to increase the load bearing capability.

But if you squat and you arch the weight rests at the top of the arch. Pushing DOWNWARDS.
V
(

You compress the bend in the arch.

Snap city.
V
( <-

Ever try bending backwards with a bag on your neck or chest? Same principle.
>>
>>35561568
Maybe you didn't tighten your core enough? I had the same problem but focusing on my core throughout the lift helped.
>>
>>35561568
Your back shouldn't be bend forward or backward. Most people have more problem with rounding then they do with hyper-extending, so queing hyperextension will make them get their back in a neutral position. If you don't have problem with back rounding you don't need to actively think about arching your back that much.
>>
>>35559785
I like it because it's my best excercise, I went to 110kg squat in linear progression, not failing a single set
>>
>>35559917
Squatting 110kg 5 reps atm
>>
Got the same problem about 8 month ago. Then i started to set squat goals, and challenge myself. For example, I was squatting about 120kg for 5-6 reps, and I wasn't putting more weight on the bar since 2 weeks. So the next week I tried the lmao3pl8 just for fun and I lifted that weight for 5 reps. In that moment I understood that most of my training limits are in my head. Since that moment started enjoy squat just challenging myself to go over my limits, and it worked, just try
>>
>>35561634
Stop talking out of your ass.

>>35561643
It's a shit cue (not que).
Just focusing on arching the back actually increases rounding, especially in the hole in a squat.
Instead, focus on keeping everything straight and tight.

>>35561636
Exactly this.

>>35561636
>>
>>35560097
>Monday: Squat
>Wednesday: Squat
>Friday: Squat

Those are 2 day gaps (3 days Fri-Mon). Good job counting, retard.
>>
File: notmakingit2016.jpg (70KB, 528x354px) Image search: [Google]
notmakingit2016.jpg
70KB, 528x354px
Which is the best squat method?
ATG, or ATA like pic related?
>>
>>35562363
As low as you can while keeping your back straight.

This will be from highest to lowest:
*low bar back squat,
*high bar back squat,
*front squat.
>>
File: satisfied.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
satisfied.png
121KB, 680x497px
>>35559785
feels good mayne, ass to grass squatz feelin it up in dem glutes bb
>>
>>35559785
Squating feels good once you develop a good mobility for it and get addicted to strength progress

here is a good video regarding developing squat mobility without stretching

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPXZq7qWob0
>>
>doing squats every workout

shiggy
>>
>>35559785
Nothing worth doing is easy. It's hard but it's the most rewarding because you're challenging yourself. Squats are hands down the most rewarding exercise there is. It makes you stronger, burns more calories and, raises test levels. Don't be one of those sour grapes faggots who say squats ruin your physique (which is false) as an excuse not to do them. They are pussies who should be disregarded.
>>
>>35559785
by not being a pussy
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.