[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you lift /fit/? >be in love with a girl for 5 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_inline_ng383a5twN1s86e9l.jpg (14KB, 475x289px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ng383a5twN1s86e9l.jpg
14KB, 475x289px
Why do you lift /fit/?

>be in love with a girl for 5 years (ie high school and the year after)
>Finally get out of the friendzone
>But I was away for a year so it was long distance
>We skype or call everyday, says she's gonna wait for me
>She's literally perfect in every way, we click so well
>this goes on for two months
>Randomly stops texting me
>Ask her whats up
>She says she found someone better
>destroyed me as a person, spent the next month drunk and alone with myself
>Realize that I need to be better
>Start lifting hard as fuck, starting reading classic books, studying shit
>All I want to do is be better

It's been a year and she's the only person I think about. I'm not gonna make it bros.
>>
>>35534517
Women are weak, you are strong, be the lion.
>>
What do you guys do when you cant lift away your feels? I feel worse now then i did before my session, my fwb wants to fuck too and i dont even feel like it, this is too many feels for a friday arve brehs
>>
>>35534517
You're going to make it, man. We all are. Two years ago I got divorced. It was the darkest time of my life and all I thought about was how much I missed her. Since then I started to improve myself. At first it was in some vain hope that she would come back to me, but eventually I was doing it for myself.

Now lets go back to a couple weeks ago. Her and I have been talking for a while, and then out of the blue one night she asks me to run away with her. She says she was wrong about everything and I have always been the right man for her. She wants to try again.

But now I realize that I am better, and that I am happy being better all on my own. I don't need her anymore, and more importantly I don't want her. The same will happen to you.

Focus on improvement. Become strong. Become intelligent. Become an island unto yourself and learn what makes you happy without needing anybody else.

It's going to be okay, breh. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35534555
That girl does not give a fuck about you she's probably getting drunk and fucking her be as we speak. Forget her she does not lose sleep over you she probably forgot who you even are anymore be the strongest version of yourself physically and mentally.

Success is the best revenge
>>
>>35534587
I dont give a fuck about her breh, shes just pussy..

Females are not my problem right now, i just feel shit, inadequate, sub par... maybe i should get her in for a fuck, might be the test boost i need
>>
>>35534726
maybe you should join us in >>35529585
>>
File: IMG_20160108_190114.jpg (305KB, 1795x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160108_190114.jpg
305KB, 1795x945px
>>35534517
Make myself more respectable. I'm pretty shit as it is.

Stop pitying yourself, OP. I know, it's addictive, but eventually you're going to realise things are the way things are, and that you can feel whatever you want to feel about the universe. About as much use thinking about your ex gf as wishing gravity pushed you up.

All's well that ends well.
>>
>>35534517
Every time I lift and look at myself in the mirror I am not happy with myself, I see a bit of love handles and fat, when I don't though I see top line of abs, triceps and good shape.
I fear that if I stop lifting I'll let go of myself and just get stuck, I want to be better than the guy in the mirror, I want to better yesterday and today, this is what motivates me, to feel alive after a hard set, I feel pain, when I don't do jack shit I feel nothing, no emotion and empty.
>>
We're all going to make it bros
>>
I lift because It gives me some time to let the stress of the day go and zen out. Plus its fun as fuck.
>>
>>35536176
the only thing that exists for that brief hour and a half in my day is the bar and the plates. everything else is meaningless.
>>
>>35534517
Dude, you're gonna make it!

>Be me, 24 y/o girl dumps me after 3 years (engaged)
>Depressed as fuck
>Heavy drinking for 6 months
>Start training out of frustration
>Keep training
>Keep training
>Keep training
>I find new girl who is better than last one
>Alliswellimnow29andmarriedtoballetdancer.jpg
>>
>>35534517
PRs and Milestones make me feel good, shit scared if i stop ill turn skinnyfat or fatfat over time
>>
File: 1345606456713.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1345606456713.gif
13KB, 633x758px
Does anyone else deal with depression/OCD/anxeity? I was doing very good but recently OCD symptoms hit me hard and I haven't been able to eat properly or go to the gym for like a month, which is making me into a sadcunt.

I made it in to med school which was my dream but now I'm unsure if I can go to classes like normal. Anyone else deal with this? What do when life's got you down and your gains are wasteing away?
>>
>>35534517
I lift to constantly better myself and surpass my current powers. I want to constantly push myself to new heights and strengths so that I can defend the world from evil androids, girly lizard monsters from outer space and help the people of this planet on their way to becoming a warrior race!
>>
>>35534517
Once you get that first wave of real gains youll never want to stop.
>>
>>35534517

I have nothing else to do so might as well become the best I can be, cause people treat you better when you are fit
>>
>>35536320
I used to have a lot of bad anxiety. Smoking weed, making gains, and taking mdma set me straight.
>>
>>35534555
Just go fuck her anyway, bro.

Also, checked.
>>
>>35536320
Fellow OCD/anxiety nursing student brah here. I had a pretty massive attack last year, rendered me completely unable to function. Meditation and lifting really helped me long term.

My advice would be to see if your university has a counselling service, CBT/talk therapy can help a lot. You'll make it bro, just take it one step at a time.
>>
>>35536320
Keep it up bro.

I battled through depression and panic attacks with lifting, meditation and martial arts, worked for me so you might give it a try.
>>
>>35536320
Curious, are you diagnosed for your problems and do you take any meds for them?
>>
>>35534517
Keep lifting bro, it will make it so much easier to get out of the hole you are in now.

You have some social interaction;
you will look better than when you stop;
you wont create a bigger gap to get out of.

It took me three years to get over my ex. I had a massive depression but I never stopped lifting and in the end it helped me a lot.
I even picked up swimming to get mired by people, even though I was not looking for anything it made me feel less awful about myself.
>>
>>35536322
>>35536448
Diagnosed with OCD, I was diagnosed with depression earlier but I worked through it. I used to eat meds for the compulsive behaviours but they killed my sex drive so I'm off them now
>>
>>35534517
She was probably in the background while you skyped wating to get that wet pussycat.
>>
File: fedora-anonymous.png (1002KB, 655x745px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-anonymous.png
1002KB, 655x745px
>>35534550
>>
File: 1507739.jpg (27KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1507739.jpg
27KB, 500x461px
>meet a guy
>clicks instantly
>he likes me, actually treats me nicely
>I act all childish and insecure
>he doesn't want me anymore, no wonder
>I fucking ruined it all
>acted all clingy and crazy
>embarrassed about it every fucking day and night
>miss him and blame yourself for fucking your shit up
>decide to add lifting volume and frequency, no alcohol, no dating, no processed foods, sprints and lifting only.
>start actually looking really good and other men starts paying a lot of attention and miring and checking out from left and right
>just hoping to bump into him one day in the summer when it has been a year since I last saw him
>think about him when running those sprints and doing those heavy ass squat sets
>also think that even if he never gives you another chance, he is getting old and he isn't fit so he probably won't be able to land a girl as young and hot as you if you just keep pushing yourself.

Yeah, that's the feel. God, let there be miracles.
>>
>>35536368
>>35536434
meditation seems to be a key here, thanks brehs
>>
File: 1436024327106.jpg (72KB, 1170x923px) Image search: [Google]
1436024327106.jpg
72KB, 1170x923px
It's one of the very few things that make me feel alive. Otherwise I'd be a living dead being.
I believe most of us can relate to this.
>>
File: feel guy smiling.gif (18KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
feel guy smiling.gif
18KB, 534x640px
>>35536238
>>
>>35536577
Female making it? Post pic baby
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.