[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I quit smoking today. Went a full 24 hours as of now. My mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 2015-12-30 18.09.22.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30 18.09.22.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
I quit smoking today. Went a full 24 hours as of now. My mind keeps trying to come up with reasons why I should not quit. But I know that's just the addiction and that voice will eventually disappear in no time. But right now that voice is pretty loud and it's only getting louder. Remind me again why smoking = degenerate.
>>
>>35494762

i cant stop smoking cause i love it

i love smoke in my lungs, i love the relaxing feeling.

I love everything about it.

Except for the health, addiction and money part haha.
>>
>>35494762
>being a plant's bitch
>you might as well be a vegan
>>
>>35494762
Kills you, kills people around you. Fucks with cardio, strength training. You look like a fucking shit head. You smell like ass, your clothes, car, house smell like you. Cancer, list of other health problems. Insanely expensive. Use that money to buy some chicken.
>>
>>35494778
this, but I control myself on 5 cigs a day
>>
Just eat your greens
>>
>>35494762
>full 24 hours
So you quit yesterday.
>>
File: 1448383559713.jpg (7KB, 213x213px) Image search: [Google]
1448383559713.jpg
7KB, 213x213px
>>35494762
You're welcome to look up COPD patients on youtube.

Also, smoking increases risk/exacerbates erectile dysfunction

Quit now, or forever have a limp dick and an annoying cough

>imagine investing all that money in tech companies instead
>>
Lost all my cigs along with my memory on nye, was too lazy to go buy some for a few days. Five days off and I only had a few cravings. They mostly happen when I'm bored, when I need to wait for something and smoking helps me pass the time.

>tfw gotta wait alone for an hour, I'd usually go for a smoke now
It seems like it's not even that hard to stop, just takes a little willpower not to buy them. Also feels good to subdue yourself that way.

Anyone here quit and relapsed? What happened? I'm afraid I'll just get so bored or stressed one day I'll just buy a pack.
>>
>>35495782
to be honest. I was addicted to crack cocaine for 3 years (smoking crack nearly every day) It was easier to quit crack than cigarettes/tobacco.
>>
get a mouth fedora, seriously. made quitting easy as fuck.
>b-but vaping is for faggots
i just do it in my car. i dont do it to show off my clouds.
>>
I didn't even want to quit. Loved smoking and didn't care about the health risks etc. Just did it anyway because gf wanted me to. Just dropped it one day a year ago, and never smoked again. Had no problems at all as I wasn't a weak bitch, and that was after 7 years of smoking.

In hindsight I prefer not smoking 10 times as much as I like smoking.
>>
>>35494762
Grats. I'm at my 8 month mark now.

The program QuitNow for android/ios is also great help, check it out.
Also, try reading Alan Carr's book. You don't need to read it all, just part of it until you get a general idea of his points. That helped me a lot also.

Good luck, brah.
>>
Just make it to 3 days, if you can do 3 days you can do forever.
>>
I wish you luck man
Feel ya
>>
>>35494762
I made it to 3 weeks routinely and always started back. First week was always easy - my reasons for quitting were strong in my mind. Second week I had cravings but I could distract myself. Third week I'd give in to "Ah hell, I've already gone two weeks! Just one won't hurt." I was about 6 years into it at that point. I got a vape and now I'm 3 months into quitting. What I've saved not buying cigarettes has already more than paid for the vape, coils, and juice. I recommend it for quitting. Just don't be a faggot about it. I mostly vape in my office, in the car, or home. I treat it like second hand smoke when I'm interacting with someone - I blow it away from them, I keep a respectable distance, I don't make retardedly large clouds. I get my fix and put it away. You can lessen the amount of nicotine in your juice to quit vaping too. Started with 16mg juice and I'm down to 3mg now. Be able to toss the fedora soon.
>>
every time it gets really bad, tell yourself to make it through just 5 more minutes

>tfw 5 mins turned into 4 years
>>
I quit over 4 years ago now. Life is so much better without it.

Just don't give in, you will thank yourself.
>>
>i quit

>hey guys i quit being fat, i didnt eat cake for 24 hours

Please come back and discuss this at least a few months from now nig.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.