[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is stronglifts 5x5 any good or is it just a waste of time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1405278418836s.jpg (6KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1405278418836s.jpg
6KB, 249x249px
Is stronglifts 5x5 any good or is it just a waste of time?
>>
It's good but it might be a bit high intensity once you get up in weights
>>
>>35469355
is doing 10x 8x 6x 5x even better ?
>>
It's good but once the 5x5 stops progressing move to 3x5.

Most retards don't do this and then think the program is bad because they haven't read up on it.
>>
File: greyskull lp.jpg (39KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull lp.jpg
39KB, 547x465px
>>35469364
think you mean volume.

and yea, it was plagiarized from reg parks 5x5 except the guy who did that was too dumb to know the first 2 sets are warm-up sets (so 3x5 working sets)

just do SL with 3x5 and you will be fine.

or do pic related or SS.

...or you can just wait until you start to stall/have recuperation issues, and then dial the volume down.
>>
>>35469391
When do you move to 3x5?

When 5x5 becomes too challenging?
>>
>>35469403
Yeah I mean volume, sorry
>>
>>35469391
tbhfam, no real reason for the extra volume at the beginning

i would consider it preferable to have someone add a couple sets of shrugs and side lat raises, rather than 2 more working sets to their heavy compounds.
>>
>>35469407
when your progression stalls
>>
>>35469355
It's good if you want to look like a DYEL T rex who skips everything but leg day.
>>
I think rows AND power cleans are both poor choices. That's my only problem with it. I don't know how to fix it though...maybe chins and additional pulling work?

Most beginners can't row with proper form to actually hit the back, power cleans are hard to learn, and it's becoming more prevalent in coach literature that power output in pl is largely irrelevant for powerlifting/bodybuilding...tricky tricky.
>>
>>35469420
Probably. 5x5 is just to get the movements learnt really. I just did SL 3x5 and it was fine.

>>35469407
Before you start stalling.
>>
>>35469440
power cleans aren't part of SL 5x5.

SL is pretty much SS but with power cleans replaced with rows.

And rows are easier for beginners to learn than power cleans.
>>
>>35469407

According to the Stronglifts jew you move to 3x5 when you stalled and deloaded twice on your squats.
>>
>>35469440
pussy faggot.

i taught myself power clean, and clean, and i would say my form is pretty damn decent.

as far as rows go... dorian yates himself teaches them fucks on youtube.

glenn pendlay does too, but he is DYEL as fuck (he also says his version hits lats better, which is literally the opposite of true)

guy with the greatest/biggest back of all time?

or some fat faggot coach.

hmmm... i wonder who can teach me to get better lats.
>>
>>35469476

the coach
whos job it is to teach people to get bigger lats

are you retarded?
>>
>>35469520
number of people pendlay has coached who have had lats anywhere near as big as dorians: 0

dorian is more knowledgeable on the subject than pendlay.

he clearly understand lat activation better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg

also the guy glenn is coaching looks DYEL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ

let's be honest here.
glenn pendlay is objectively dumber than kelly starret.

if you are dumber than someone associated (however loosely) with crossfit, you lose.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.