[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Severe Depression and embarrassment keep me from sticking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

Severe Depression and embarrassment keep me from sticking to a gym routine like I used to before my accident.

Today I woke up at fucking 2 pm and have 0 motivation to take my broken ass to the gym.

Help me brehs

Help me out bros
>>
What happened bro?
>>
>>35461342
I broke my back in a car accident last labor day, and have dropped about 20 lbs from sheer inactivity since then. The surgeon said I could lift but to be moderate about it since I'm still recovering
>>
>>35461325
Maybe get those gorillion staples out of your back first, holy shit
>>
File: a.jpg (77KB, 468x826px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
77KB, 468x826px
>>35461382
They've been out for a while. I have to wear a back brace at the gym like pic related and can barely squat 20 lbs
>>
>>35461325
Well you should see it as a means to rehab your fucked up back. What injuries are we talking about here? Damaged disks? Vertebrae? Nerve damage? You should consider strengthening your paraspinal muscles to have a better life instead of seeing with a "muh aesthetics" approach.
>>
File: 1423773538793.gif (1MB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
1423773538793.gif
1MB, 202x202px
>>35461325
The fuck are you embarrassed for? You had an accident and now you gaining your strength back. You could literally pull a Batman with the whole lifting after broken back situation.

Inb4 big guy.
>>
File: 280.jpg (747KB, 1003x1599px) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
747KB, 1003x1599px
>>35461325
You already achieved 5% of my goal body. Don't stop now!
>>
>>35461676
Compression fracture of the T6 Vertebra, which means that I pretty much blew it out and had to have my spine rebuilt with rods, screws, and plates.

>>35461812
I feel stupid and weak, and I can feel the disdain people look at me with
>>
>>35461831
> adeptus mechanicus

my nigger
>>
>>35461880

I know the feeling. But seriously who gives a flying rats ass about what other people think?

The only thing that matters is self respect.
I know I would never forgive myself if I gave up lifting because off some accident.

In a year you will either be the guy who was on his way to achieving what he wanted, then got in an accident and didn't get back on track. Or you will be the guy who was in an accident and still kept going, even if it meant starting from scratch.
>>
>>35461963
Thanks brah, I just pounded a big ass bowl of oatmeal and I'm going to walk to the gym in a minute.

This is a rough drawing of what happened, the colored parts represent rods (red), plate (blue) and screws (green)
>>
File: DICKBUTT.png (34KB, 859x871px) Image search: [Google]
DICKBUTT.png
34KB, 859x871px
>>35462072
Fuck, forgot pic

The surgeon said I'm very lucky I didn't suffer any nerve damage, he said that I should have been paralyzed or at least dead so that's something
>>
Holy shit, I am with you senpai
Don't give up
>>
>>35462101
>The surgeon said
NOTHING I SAID NOTHING
>>
If I were you I'd be happy I can still move my arms and legs and don't have scrape my shit out my ass manually but maybe thats just me you know, being grateful for the small things.
Now fuck off and blog on tumblr or whatever.
>>
>>35462101
Don't hurt yourself m8, take it easy.
>>
File: host takes infusion.jpg (68KB, 232x288px) Image search: [Google]
host takes infusion.jpg
68KB, 232x288px
Don't you fuckin give up now op. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Whether your'e a hamplanet, a fit person or somebody recovering from a car crash. Each of those people have taken the decision to better their lives through lifting or exercise. Don't you give up now. by simply taking this step makes you better than most people. the fact you want to go on makes you better than most people who strive for similar goals but give up after 2 weeks. We're all gonna make it.

pic related: Those people are never gonna make it, you aren't one of them.
>>
>>35461325
Don't be embarrassed by a scar OP desu that would make you look like a bad ass
>>
File: 1451083442373.png (699KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1451083442373.png
699KB, 860x1236px
>>35462101
first off, don't be a fucking idiot and figure out what is ok for you to do since you are dealing with a serious injury

secondly as the anon said above, you really need to stop caring what people think. what is going through your mind is basically what YOU would think if you saw yourself; it's a common idea that's taught in speech classes. the only reason people get nervous is because they are imagining themselves watching them self and how they would think. in reality nobody really cares even if they look at you.

if you still want to hit the gym after dealing with serious injury and depression then I really applaud you for your mental strength because 8/10 people would have given up. you are strong bro just keep at it and you're going to fucking make it
>>
>>35462295
The surgeon said to lift and do as much as I can as long as it doesn't hurt, if it hurts stop. So far I've been able to deadlift one of those bars that are set at 100 lbs, and squat 20 lbs 5x5 each. Basically following the stripped 5x5 plan from the sticky.

I know but I go to a pretty big gym and people are always looking at me. I try to drown it out with music. Thanks bro, I need discipline and not motivation to make it.
>>
>>35462351
Let them watch in a years time you'll be huge bra!
>>
>>35462351
you're on the right track man, first of all the people looking at you are thinking more along the lines of what a beast than anything else

dont give up, even if you cant squat shit or wont squat for a long time, there's always ways around it.
also not only does a huge back with a big ass scar look badass as FUCK it will also help you in your recovery/daily life.
obviously dont push it too hard while recovering but muscular strength is definitely something you want after most kind of accidents, makes just doing daily shit much easier.

dont end up some young dude that has the back problems of you 90 year olds, because it's in your hands
>>
As has been said, scars are hot. Plus, you have a cool survival story to tell now.

Take it slow and don't push yourself to pain. If you don't exercise your body will heal up stiff and you'll loose ROM. I've seen people not do PT after big surgeries and they end up nearly immobile because they were too scared or lazy to do their stretches.
>>
>>35462101
You're lucky, my friend had nearly the same injury (only he got it by a gymnastics accident), he was paralysed from the neck down, after months of recovery able to use one arm slightly. But that was it. He applied for euthanasia and passed away a little over a year after his accident. So sad, he was the best gymnast of our club, handsome, aesthetic, smart and finally dead at 24 yrs if age..
>>
File: 1437292999005.jpg (247KB, 810x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1437292999005.jpg
247KB, 810x1013px
>>35461325
Bro, if you're seriously injured then don't rush into it.
But if you think you can manage it, go lift some shit cause at the end of the day we're all gonna fucking make it brah
>>
File: holy shit dude.jpg (23KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit dude.jpg
23KB, 500x331px
>>35462765
Well that's fucking terrifying.

>tfw it almost happened to me.

Stay safe OP.
Take it slow but steady.
>>
>>35462765
;_; Jesus Christ.

I hope he's in a better place.
>>
>>35462765
>he was the best gymnast of our club, handsome, aesthetic, smart and finally dead at 24 yrs if age..
They always say this shit when they're dead. He was probably an asshole while living.
>>
>>35461812
inb4 for you
>>
>>35463113
Aren't we all?
>>
>>35463410
Good point.

>>35462765
Sorry about your loss, dude. Remember to live for him and do crazy shit in spite of what happened. Live to the fullest.

>>35462351
>I know but I go to a pretty big gym and people are always looking at me.
They'll envy you soon enough.
>>
>>35461812
Who is this grundle gremlin?
>>
>>35461325
Sorry to hear bro
>>
>>35461325
if you hate yourself how about you go to the gym? that will make your body hate yourself more.
>>
File: Otto_Octavius_(Earth-96283).jpg (126KB, 900x479px) Image search: [Google]
Otto_Octavius_(Earth-96283).jpg
126KB, 900x479px
>>35461325

Shoulda made them give u a doctor octopus setup senpai
>>
>>35462765

Well at least it sounds like he could jerk himself off before he passed
>>
I know that feel op but in a different way

I lifted solid for 2 years, had 355 squat, 400dl (never got 405) 2 pl8 bench

I went from 6'3" 165 to 6'3" 205 10%

I started working out with my dad because he was out of shape and I wanted to help him out. We were doing well for a couple months and he was diagnosed with brain cancer. Couldn't lift anymore. I felt guilty for some reason and lifted less and less. As he got worse I became depressed and anxious and totally stopped lifting. He's a vegetable now, idk what to do.

I went to the gym a few days ago.

My lifts are shit now. My physique is gone. I used to love wearing tanks and lifting heavy. I squatted 135 and couldnt walk the next day. Had to wear a sweater because I'm embarrassed by my flabby arms

The skinny rage that fueled me at the start is gone. Now all I feel is emptiness.

It feels impossible to turn it around
>>
>>35465155
Be strong my man,lift for your dad,think about what he would want to see in you,and what he would want for you.

His son being fat and out of shape or his son being a strong and beautiful man(no homo)?
>>
>>35461357
use this time to experiment and be slow about it. Have fun in the gym. do whatever you want and eat well.
>>
This scar will look fucking badass once you pump your back and arms with muscles. You'll look like a mutant.
>>
>>35465287
Yea I know you're right. It was easy to look at myself in the mirror and get pissed off and work out. It's harder to think about my dad.

I could make a small ritual out of it like I did with the mirror and getting pissed at myself to motivate me. Maybe read a passage of the book he gave me while he was still lucid.
>>
>>35462101
Good luck and lots of love, OP. Hope you have a great session and lots of gains hereafter!
>>
>>35461325
Make it into a zipper and make it look all kinky and BDSMy. You'll get cardio bunny girldick left and right.
>>
>>35461325
>What happens when you Deadlift

We warned you, OP
>>
>>35461325
embarrassment? Bro you look like a bad ass! You look tough. People like tough people. It is your battle scar! :D
I have a couple on my face, not nearly as big, but still noticeable. People respect you
>>
>>35461325
>install a servo arm and memorize technical manuals for every thing in your house.
>>
>>35465287
>a strong and beautiful man
who don't need no dad
>>
>>35463113
Human beings are far more complicated than that, anon. None of us are a single character. We have patterns but not rules to who we are. Someone with that much dedication provided good to the world. It is ok to be sad when someone dies.
>>
Op, I want you to keep on lifting and start from the very bottom and get back to where you were.

The reason why is because you should never let any injury hold you back from doing what you love, and what you think is right. Take what happened to me and the best friend I ever had as an example, we were both doing powerlifting one day back in '97 and we were squatting some heavy stuff. We were both pretty advanced lifters and we loved the sport, we looked great and it felt good knowing that you can lift heavy things up and down again.

He was in the rack and he was squatting 450lbs, it was just me and this smaller guy there and he offered to help me spot my friend because e was breaking a pr and it's never bad to have help in these sort of situations in case something goes wrong.

About three quarters of the way up he stalled out and we needed to grab him but the small guy pushed the bar and tipped it all the way over. It ended up slipping both discs in my friends back and he dropped the bar and it landed on, and broke my foot.

We both had to start light again once everything healed, him more so than I but eventually we built back up to were we were before. My friend broke his pr of 450lbs and has since gone on to lift even heavier.

>I believe that you can do the same thing op
>>
>>35461325
It looks cool man. I'm really proud of my scars (albeit they're nothing like yours).
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.