[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things people do at the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 1431650951629.jpg (62KB, 707x373px) Image search: [Google]
1431650951629.jpg
62KB, 707x373px
What are some things people do that annoy you.

>skinny fat guys wearing skin tight under armor shirts
>anyone wearing under armor shirts
>the guy that comes in, does three muscle ups and leaves
>wearing lifting gloves
>people putting tons of weight on and only doing half rom

What did I miss?
>>
>>35460322

>putting on tons of weight and doing half ROM

This desu senpai.
Went to the gym yesterday, not many NYR, but there was this old dude on the leg press. Loaded on 810 pounds, proceeded to do 2 sets of 4 reps w/ 2 inch ROM.
>>
>>35460322
>What did I miss?
the part where you actually lifted you weak fucker lol
>>
>>35460362
uhhgg there is a guy at my gym I have nick named 1/4 rep. 10 reps of 3pl8 squats all at 1/4 rep... seriously dude why?
>>
>>35460390
>guy at my gym I have nick named 1/4 rep
it would be funny to hear what the guys at your gym have you nick named Tbh
>>
Guys that squat 2pl8 with a belt on
>>
>>35460436
>you must hit an arbitrary number before you are allowed to use a belt
>i am superior because i dont use equipment
>>
>>35460390
helps with the lockout you fucking dyel
>>
Holy shit guys I just realised? What the fuck happened to the golem Supermong?
>>
>>35460436
>ingores safety
>>
>>35460491
It doesn't. I'm an elite middleweight powerlifter and no one in my gym does lockout work on squats.
>>
>>35460490
fuck dude i hate those people. bought fucking squat shoes and 100kg friend who squat 100kg for 5 after 3 years told me I shoulnd't use them because im not strong enough. Now i squat 140 for 5 at 75kg. fuck you fat fuck friend. enjoy no gains
>>
>>35460426
apparently according to a PT and a receptionist my nickname is sunshine because I always look like I am in a shit mood lol

>>35460491
he does this crap for every single lift though. I have never seen him do a full rep of anything ever in the last year and a half.
>>
>>35460510
He became a historic meme like many fit trips before him.
>>
>people who use gym to go on treadmill every day and nothing else
>>
>>35460554
>he does this crap for every single lift though
why does it annoy you tho
it impacts you in no way

same goes for the rest of this thread
>>
>>35460596
Sorry anon, I know you like to do 1/4 reps too but if just did some full reps you might actually start to look like you lift instead of looking like an over weight faggot.
>>
>>35460436
I put on the belt once i start hitting over 2pl8 though tbqh senpai. Thats mainly because my max is around 275ish so i dont want to hurt myself senpai is that okay?
>>
File: what the fuck am i lifting.png (587KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i lifting.png
587KB, 625x918px
>that skinny guy who has absolutely insane volume on arms and chest workouts, ignores the back workouts and jogs for an hour instead of doing any leg workouts
>mfw he trains two other guys
>>
File: 1431554448746.jpg (224KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1431554448746.jpg
224KB, 1280x800px
>>35460366
So I take it you do at least three things on the list. Let me guess, under armor, gloves, and half reps?
>>
>>35460596
>why does it annoy you tho?
Because we can see it and it is annoying
>>
File: no bad touch.jpg (78KB, 795x800px) Image search: [Google]
no bad touch.jpg
78KB, 795x800px
>That fat old bodybuilder who keeps staring at me in the showers.
H-hold me, Brehs.
>>
>>35460322
>people putting tons of weight on and only doing half rom
This.

Also people that only ever use cable and dumbells and never touch a barbell.
>>
back in the thread lads

>>35460960
>Also people that only ever use cable and dumbells and never touch a barbell.
again why would this bother you
if anything you should love those people since you have even less people using the equipment that you want
>>
>>35460436
This.

Wearing a belt at 225 isnt for safety. It's for pussies who are afraid to take the time to strengthen their core to do the lift properlwy. Belts are for extreme powerifting weight. My buddy got a belt for trying to hit 225 in fact. I gave him shit and his response >pros use them, safety.
I did smolov, lifted for years. Never saw a douche get hurt doing 225. Lol. It's a crutch
>>
>>35460996
>Belts are for extreme powerifting weight
>extreme

as a powerlifter that competes this made me laugh
>>
>>35460989
Something about training with no compounds just bothers me.
>>
>>35460436
Guys that squat 3pl8 with a belt on
>>
>>35461072
for no reason since it doesnt affect you and actually benefits you

ok bud
>>
>>35461207
But I feel bad for them and their mediocre routines, bro, I'm just that nice.
>>
>>35461231
I dislocated my clavicle and had to quit with compound lifts for awhile. In the mean time I use mostly dumbbells and cables for everything but back. (Don't do legs because I also fucked up my legs in the same accident, should be able to start up training legs again soon.)
>>
>the free weights, compounds only, purist

fuck you. cables and some machines are great supplements to almost any program.
>>
at my campus gym, there is a fat guy who does smith machine deadlifts with a belt at 2 pl8s.
>>
>>35461608
That kind of faggot is always a novice dyel.

Everyone who has been lifting for a bit knows accessories are not optional for further progression.
>>
>>35460549
lol he's retarded. Im a fatty myself but there is really no reason to not get fucking squat shoes on your very first day.
>>
>>35460322
What's wrong with wearing UA?
>>
File: huh?.jpg (108KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
huh?.jpg
108KB, 600x535px
>>35460322
goddamn is he ugly! I lurk since nov and i keep seeing this dudes pic. are they all shoops? the eye is a shoop right? the 4head is a shoop right? the jutting beak of a nose is a shoop right? right??
>>
>>35460559
Did he say bye? I took a break from here and went to /fa/ and /lit/, fuck he was annoying but it was funny.
>>
>>35460996
If you compete why not practice with your equipment? Not everyone can be as extreme and badass as you senpai
>>
>>35460510
His mom grounded him until he finds a job.
>>
>>35461823
>cotton master race

Wearing thin synthetic skin tight clothes is gay, it looks terrible Unless you are huge, then you only look bad. Most people who seem to wear it at my gym have no muscle mass and a gut, which it shows off quiet well.

Cotton is just better bruh
>>
>>35460322
I wear lifting gloves and I don't give a fuck that you're mad.

When I give a bitch a rubdown, I'm not trying to drag scratchy callouses across her skin.
>>
>>35460322
>skinny fat guys wearing skin tight under armor shirts

there's this dyel in my uni gym that I see like once a week who wears a skin tight under armor shirt, and skin tight under armor boxers. disturbing desu
>>
>>35460996
>>35461018
On bodybuilding.com you usually have profile pictures and profiles that are full of troll / dumb posts if you search the histories of people who post this kind of bad advice.

Belts feel like shit because they're super tight. It doesn't take the core out of the lift at all. It does improve safety though because you keep your core somewhat stronger but eh when squatting, injuries to the knee are the most common to occur.

I've seen people get hurt by twisting their body in the wrong way, tearing a meniscus or cartilage or anything else under no weight except their own body. Of course under a load that is bigger than your bodyweight you're more at risk for injuries.
>>
>>35464482
I didn't need to wear gloves this year. Was really warm for Northern Europe in the winter. Maybe it gets colder and I need them after all. I don't have heating in my garage.

>>35464503
Meh at least they wear shirts. When I was in commercial gym I saw guys with those singlets and I didn't really like that, half naked upper body while at least 20 people are around. Worst look overall, it just doesn't look that great either unless you're bodybuilder like ripped.
>>
>>35463723
Only problem I have with standard shirts is that they are often too long and feel like I'm swimming in cloth while still being too small at the shoulders. It makes my physique look a bit awkward.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.